Heritage Bank Branches

1.5

Lisa

LisaDarling Downs, QLD

Unprofessional

I accompanied a friend to heritage bank who needed to have a bank cheque done. My friend told staff at door he needed a bank cheque for $500.Firstly staff at door asked what are you buying? Then teller said: who told you to do this( get a bank cheque), my friend told her its to the insurance, the teller said: if you didn't cause the accident then you don't pay any excess. My friend said: yes I caused the accident.
What's will all the questions by staff?
Its none of staff business why someone needs a bank cheque. My friend has deposited cheques to the bank over the years and staff ask him: where did you get the money from?

Janine

Janine

What a waste of time

Applied for a small loan increase. Told by Buderim branch that we qualified, only to be told after four weeks of us continually submitting more information our application was rejected, despite us having an excellent credit rating and repayment record. What a waste of time. They treat you as a number, not as an individual or on a case by case basis. They just crunch the numbers and according to them if it doesn't add up they reject you. Took four weeks to assess our application. Waste of time and postage. Never again.
Go through a broker or find a better bank!

DLShahSouth East Queensland, QLD

Outrageous Settlement Fees on Loan Accounts

I have been with Heritage Bank for a long time now. I have 3 loans under the same account (fixed and 2 variables) I am in the process of refinancing out of Heritage as they were not able to offer me better rate. They are charging me $300 per loan = $900 as disbursement/admin. fee on top of break costs which is absolutely ridiculous compared to other banks. Spoke to someone in Headoffice and they redirected to the manager at Springfield who was very rude and was not willing to listen. Not happy with how this is being handled. Sorry but its NOT People first anymore.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
DLShah

I sent an email 5 days ago with the details you have requested but haven't heard from anyone. Can you please confirm when will someone call me to discuss this further. Thanks.

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Check on transaction

I needed to change banks about 3 years ago. Just due to location I went with Heritage. I use Kippa Ring branch and have always found staff helpful and polite. Also only to willing to help with anything I needed. Today I purchased a new computer online, a larger transaction than I most often make. Staff from head office phoned to check I had made transaction. Very well done on taking steps for security for a customer. I very highly recommend your bank to anyone. Sorry I have forgotten name of lady who phoned me. Thank you Heritage.

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Thank you for the great feedback about your experiences with us.

Chucky

ChuckySouth East Queensland, QLD

People First, what a joke

Alison

AlisonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lack of knowledge and staff who appear unhelpful. Would not recommend this bank.

Been a customer for six years. Staff have a distinct lack of knowledge and they appear very unhelpful unless you present in person. Their call centres have extremely long wait times and branch staff are way too slow. I would norecommend Heritage bank at all.

A D.

A D.South East Queensland, QLD

Best Bank in Australia

Don't listen to the bleeting whingers, Heritage is a good bank to deal with, I'm a regular Aussie who has had nothing but positive dealings with the bank and they are genuinely really helpful, even knocked half a percent off my mortgage rate without asking them to do so, go for it, better than the big 4 by a big margin.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application and General Transactions
Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi A.D., thanks for the great feedback. We really do focus on helping our customers as best we can.

Brittney J

Brittney JBrisbane

Neeed to get with the times

Been with this bank for 9 years, not reliable at all. Awful customer service. Had to stay with them because my employer made all employees bank
With heritage unfortunately. Will be closing my account finally as soon as I can. They don’t like helping their customers out, After 9 years they refused to give me a loan. Went to Nab and they were happy to help me. They don’t offer apple pay to use your card online I was told i needed an Android to access my card on my phone which is ridiculous this bank is so outdated.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Estate matters

Absolutely terrible time trying to close a deceased account. Have now tried 3 times still not able to. Told something different every time. Would not recommend this bank to anyone.

SeanC

SeanCDarling Downs, QLD

Bureaucracy Gone Crazy

Heritage B.Heritage Bank

Hi, can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with your name and contact details so we can get in touch with you about this? We'd like to look into this further for you and discuss your concerns.

Amy

Amy

A string of errors and headaches

We have had a loan woth Heritage for several years. Wanting a pool we tried to add to our mortgage for the build. A 'simple' process turned into 2 months of misinformation, wrong paper work and constant mistakes. We were given incorrect loan forms and told to sign them anyway. We still don't have our loan. Luckily we have our wits about us and haven't fallen into their traps, I'm sure many people have been fooled by this bank. Staff don't know what they are doing, don't trust them and stay away!

Louise McLachlan

Louise McLachlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Untrained staff

Incorrect account opened by us when guided by staff. Do your own research. The Target Bonus Account must be opened on the first day of the month to get the full months interest for that month. We new about the other conditios and adhered to those. We opened ours on the 6th so missed out on $210 interest for the three weeks of January. Very frustrating. Considering we play the game of chasing the best account for savings. We usually do our own research but relide on the teller's knowledge. We will not do this again.

TopicBusiness Banking
M M.

M M.South East Queensland, QLD

Not impressed, not coming back

My partner and I went into a heritage branch because we wanted to start a joint account together. When the teller discovered that my partner is not an Australian citizen, the tone quickly changed from pleasant to awkward. It's like we had to apologise for not being Australian citizens. Disgusting!
He started acting very uncomfortable and said how they need many more ID documents from "international people". We just ended up walking away, it was too hard work and he really didn't want us to be there.
. (Bunch of bogans from Toowoomba vibe, i would suggest looking elsewhere.)

TopicNew Account

tried to borrow 10k personal loan secured by 10k cash in an account set up by heritage, it wad declined b

Appalled

AppalledSouth East Queensland, QLD

CROOKS

steve

steveDarling Downs, QLD

disgracefull

not good,18months ago was great,gone downhill,will be taking my 250 grand out in feb,and not putting my wives and my super with them,worth nearly a million,so much for there cat,they really need to go back and hire people who care again.

Dissapointing Home Loan

Have been with Heritage for over 30 years had first home loan in 1999 and now want to build.Applied for pre approval late last year and have updated few times this year have had a fixed term deposit. All I want is approval for loan to send to my builder to submit to council to start the process.My land is worth more than I am borrowing but seems this is not a simple process with everything needing to go to valuer first. Tempted to close my accounts and go somewhere else.