Heritage Bank Online

See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Heritage Bank

1.8
Dasisnichtgut
Dasisnichtgut

Do not get a Heritage Card after reading my story

Rude customer service

Talked to an operator, Chris. Chris was very unprofessional, demeaning and condescending. He seemed to not have patience and was expecting you information they require upon the first call of an enquiry.

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Ruvimbo. Sorry to hear to your thoughts about your experience. We would like to address any issues you experienced. If you'd like, please email us at info@heritage.com.au with some contact details and we will arrange for someone to get in touch.

Charlie A
Charlie ASouth East Queensland, QLD

This made me think

Thanks Matt. I just sold our house and was looking to move my funds to Heritage as I thought they might be better. Now I have to do more due diligence.

Matt JamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incompetence

Matt James

Get stuffed. You clowns are incompetent to the highest degree, cost us $15k and do not care in the slightest.

I strongly insist Heritage be avoided wherever possible, particularly if you have any sort of deadline.

Find out how Heritage Bank Online compares to other Banks

This bank is still living in the 19th century.

The online banking portal never lets me log in, despite me entering my member number and password correctly every time. (This is not user error!) It then restricts access for a period of time due to too many failed attempts.

As I couldn't access my online banking portal due to the website's issues, I decided to start a live chat with one of the customer service reps, who then told me that I would need to call their call centre to have the bank statements sent out to me, and there would be a FEE(!!!) to do so.

I don't have a very high opinion of banks as a whole, but Heritage Bank is a joke.

James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst bank lender I have ever ever used

They are painfully slow, incredibly out of date operationally and no one takes responsibility. They change the goalposts last minute when it suits. I will NEVER use them again and can't wait to refinance out and away from this archaic bank.

JaR
JaRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Appalling stonewalling during home loan application process by Heritage

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi, we're sorry to hear about your experience. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with your contact details and loan application number? We'll investigate this matter in more detail and get in touch with you to discuss
further.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Lee
Lee

very bad call centre

i called the call centre to adjust my debit card n she only demanded my debit card number nothing else, whats the point having security questions?? n when i asked how much to call this call centre she said its free but it cost me more than $10 for 2mins call. very dumb people!!!

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Lee, we'd like to investigate this further. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch and chat about this in more detail?

Ant
Ant

People First ... I don't think so!!!

Called on weekend and was notified of interest rate. Deposited money next business day. Same day interest rate was bumped down by .15% however I didn't find out until several days later. Contacted them to withdraw funds given I was not notified of the changing rate and was told i would lose my interest as it was a condition of interest that no withdrawals are made in the month. I suggested that given the circumstances they should override the penalty however they wouldn't have a bar of it. Most banks give their customers advance notice of a rate change however was advised Heritage Bank don't. "Heritage Bank - People Last"

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Ant. We would appreciate the opportunity to look into this further for you. Can you please email us at info@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch?

a1meGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Ridiculously low inter bank transfer limits

TopicGeneral Transactions
Shane
ShaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cannot even send money to my suppliers - I am calling Heritage bank regularly due to not being allowed to send money

next day payment and still not allowed to send money to other banks. I love the no fees but if i cannot even send money, Im looking at other banks

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Shane, can you please give us a call on 13 14 22 so our team can take a look at this for you and see what options are available? Our contact centre team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Jo HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to provide good service - would not recommend now

We have banked with Heritage Bank now for close to 8 years. In the beginning the service we received was friendly, personable and helpful. However, in recent years we have found the service is lacking. We tried to open a business account but the requirements made this impossible (topped off with rude customer service) - we went to St George and had no issues with opening an account. In addition, I find it difficult to pay $300 a year in fees on a mortgage account when I'm already paying $16,000 a year in interest, particularly when the service is subpar. We are actively looking elsewhere for a better deal with better customer service and I would recommend others do the same.

Jo H

I have already spoken to someone about my issue and I wasn't listened to, nor my issue resolved. I'm looking around now for another bank.

Find out how Heritage Bank Online compares to other Banks

Great rates, but that's it

Heritage bank offers great rates (currently about 0.2% lower than the main 4) but that's where the pro's end. The bank has forms for almost anything you want to do (eg. to redraw money from my home loan), long wait times for phone support and multiple issues with their online (such as you need to type the password in slowly or it errors out, and the eStatement feature doesn't work).

Anthony
Anthony
Heritage BankHeritage Bank

Hi Anthony, we would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about these matters so we can try to address them. Can you please email us at social@heritage.com.au with a contact phone number so we can get in touch? Thank you

Sarah-JGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Regretful & frustrating experience. Be very wary... the negative reviews make a lot of sense!!

Clea
CleaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Friendly staff and affordable products

I've been with Heritage bank for 4yrs now with home loan and everyday accounts. Anytime I phone up I speak to someone who is friendly and can 9.9/10 times answer any questions I may have. I live in Victoria and have still been able to bank with them easily. I hear they're opening a bank up in Vic at some point so that will make it even easier. I was previously with CBA for over 10yrs and was never treated as well.

willy m.
willy m.asked
Online

How can know if the letterhead for agreement by heritage bank is genuine, do you have valid formal for such important papers.?

Heritage BankHeritage Bank

We always suggest for people to contact Heritage Bank directly if they are concerned with the authenticity of any communications received from Heritage Bank. You can do this by calling us on 13 14 22, emailing info@heritage.com.au or visiting your nearest Heritage branch.

John F.asked
Online

Hi,
I applied for a home loan at heritage bank the finance was due on 11 May 2021 , when I contacted them , they asked me more payslip . Luckily the seller grant me an extension for seven days, however, it come to my attention that the settlement is due two days after finance. When I asked heritage bank if I can request an extension for settlement, they told me to not asked,as they can manage to settle in two days. I am now worry if this is just a way of telling me that the settlement will not happen and my application is unlikely to progress for final approval. I feel like it will not be fair if the finance declined, as I have a very good credit score, I have a solid work history: I put almost 30% deposit. I am now stressed for Heritage bank not be transparent with me.

Hon

Don’t count on them. I was told the same and they could not keep their promise. Lucky I didn’t trust them.

Hi Hon,
I am now so confusing, and the finance is just nearby on due date. Is it possible to apply somewhere else @ this stage?

Hon

looks like you haven't even got their formal approval. It takes them at least another week to get documents ready after the approval. Then you need to add the time for them to review the signed documents etc. I doubt it will be ready. I was told the big 4 banks can turn it around much quicker but they lend less. Might worth checking out.

Get an answer from our members and Heritage Bank representatives