• Build Stage
  • Plumbing & Waterproofing
  • Electrical & Lighting
  • Flooring

My experience

My initial consultant J.L was extremely patient and helpful when choosing the perfect house for me, not only did she help with my quote, she was also there to answer any questions I had along the way. The entire process so far has been very efficient and I am very happy.

Yiannis and Isabella

Yiannis and IsabellaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We have been dealing with Ian during our process so far and his knowledge is outstanding. He has gone above and beyond and taken us under his wing to guide us through what could have been a very complicated process.
We are very impressed with his service, knowledge and communication and highly recommend getting in contact with him to help you.

Sharie finch

Sharie finchMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Client liaison - Hannah Mathwin
Where do I start with Hannah,
Hannah has gone above and beyond with my build. Hannah has been very easy to communicate with, reassuring, very professional & Very patient with me because I’m definitely not the most easiest person to deal with.
It’s amazing how Hannah always was able to overcome any obstacle thrown in her way from the build & myself in a very quick professional manner.
Hannah is a true gift to have apart of your team at hickonbotham.
Just want to say a massive thank you Hannah.
Highly recommend!

Knowledge Outstanding.

Ian (Zeng) is an absolute wizard he is the master if his product and provided us with suggestions and solutions that made our design choice easy.
Ian is articulate and doesn’t rush the appointments.
I don’t think you could find a better home consultant in Adelaide.
I believe he will follow through our project until completion and that is what gives me confidence in choosing to build with Ian and his company.

Baz

BazAU

We can't speak highly enough for our design consultant Olivia Whitehead, what a pleasant experience designing our forever home. We are second time builders with this company and can we say we were a little hesitant because of some bad experiences that we had. Olivia has changed all that, she is indeed an asset to Hickinbotham's. Only early stages at this time but so far we are extremely happy with the building of our home, let's hope the rest of the build is as smooth.

Mag

MagMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Above and beyond

From the moment I entered Ian Zeng's office, I felt warmth and my fear of building was uplifted. Being a first homeowner and having had a setback with another builder, Ian was reassuring providing his guidance and expertise. He goes above and beyond, listens, gives you time to think through things. I am very grateful for his great service throughout the preconstruction process. I would highly recommend him if you are looking to build. I am forever grateful and I can not wait to have a place where I can call home.

Ben

BenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ian is the angel whom God send to me

Firstly. Ian shows the excellent consultant before I made decision for building.
Secondly.? Ian offers me the most professional management for my building process which is efficient and the best qualified.
Thirdly. Ian provides me the estimated price which is exactly the same as the contract price.
The last but not lest. Ian gives all the Chinese in Adelaide the hope of building the dream house.
I will say that in the near future. Hickinbotham will definitely have more and more Immigrants customer . Just because of Ian's help.

Michell Family

Michell FamilySouthern and Hills, SA

Trinity T

Trinity TSouthern and Hills, SA

Could not of been more happier with the pre-contructions process thanks to Michelle!

My consultant, Michelle, was absolutely amazing. Always happy to answer my questions and go the extra mile to ensure my happiness. She was very informative of what was available and what best suited my ideas and needs. Really added a personal touch to my house build and took the stress out of the whole process! She was very prompt when I need to get in contact with her for anything and l was able to get file acceptance within a week to be able to qualify for the home builder grant. I highly recommend her (and have already)to anyone looking to build. She is real asset to Hickinbotham.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Find out how Hickinbotham compares to other Home Builders

Keep away, not worth your time.

Site Admin

Kristen was the best part of our early build process!

The process of building a house was new to myself, Kristen made it effortless and informed us so well! She made sure to ask all the right questions to best prepare us for selections and pre-construction. We probably wouldn't have signed as soon as we did if it wasn't for Kristen being so helpful, dedicated and making sure to support us the whole way through.

Page

PageEyre Peninsula, SA

Excellent service and super helpful consultant

Ian Zeng has been very accommodating, knowledgeable and helpful the moment we met him. He is amazingly transparent and always have helpful tips to help with our first home build. We had a very good experience and highly recommend. We are very excited to see our home completed in the coming months.

Maddison

MaddisonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Could not recommend highly enough!

Hickinbotham have far exceeded our expectations when choosing to build our dream home. We thought that the process would be really confusing, but Hickinbotham's staff and processes have meant that our home buying journey has been really easy. From the beginning, we were stepped through the process clearly so that we have a good understanding of how our house was going to look, to now - there has been contact from someone guiding us through every step of the way. Could not recommend highly enough, and have told all our friends and family that Hickinbotham is the way to go if they choose to build in the future.

Milayne U.

Milayne U.Central, SA

Amazing Building Consultant - Joanne

Joanne has been super amazing as our building consultant for our build. She is super dedicated with helping as much as she can. We wish we got her through the whole process as she has been our highlight in the experience. She is an 11/10. If we were to build again, we would love to deal with Joanne again.

Awesome experience with Drew

Claudia and Steven

Claudia and StevenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Top shelf customer service from Kristen Williams!

Kristen Williams from Hickinbotham took time to listen to what was important to us in a house and land package and did her absolute best to craft a package that suited our needs and budget.

She shared her knowledge of interior design and clearly explained the process of building with Hickinbotham and what we could expect as our build progressed.

We found Kristen to be approachable, professional and efficient in preparing our house and land package. As first time home buyers and builders, we felt very at ease with Kristen.

Drew- The Dream Building Consultant

I am in the process of building my first home with Hickinbotham. I couldn't be more happier with the experience so far. My Building Consultant Drew Westcott has been incredible; his knowledge, support and guidance has ensured I have the house design I desire. He has helped every step of the way, providing integral advice about all components involved in building a house. I will be recommending Drew to my family and friends! Although construction has not yet started, I am sure the build will be immaculate.

Aaron V.

Aaron V.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ian Zeng is PHENOMENAL!

Outstanding service - Ian Zeng

We recently signed a contract with Hickinbotham for the construction of a new family residence. Our consultant, Ian Zeng, provided us with outstanding service. Ian was friendly, polite & courteous, professional, and efficient. Ian was patient, and took the time to discuss our options with us openly, and in great detail so that we understood and could then make an informed decision. Ian was responsive to our needs & made us feel extremely comfortable throughout the process. Ian provided us with exceptional care and service in a very tight timeframe. Nothing was too much trouble for Ian. We enjoyed working with Ian very much and greatly appreciated his guidance and expertise through the process. We recommend Ian most highly.

WONG H.

WONG H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Ian is knowledgeable

I purchased my land in Sep 2020 and started looking for builder. Hickinbotham's Building Consultant, Ian, is really good as he gave us plenty of valuable advice. He would analyse what we need and what we want. This, to a certain extent, help us save some money. Construction has not started but look forward to it.

Sue

Sueasked

We are in the early stages of pre-construction. Just received the soil report along with a variation to contract of $10,000. We were expecting the soil report may be more, however nearly all of the items listed under site costs & services have increased. Many of the items have NOTE additional costs may apply and we have been advised we will not know these additional costs until building has commenced. The general paperwork you read through states "occasional" increases may occur with various items. We haven't even done our selections yet, however we are feeling very hesitant to continue and concerned the prices will just keep increasing. Just interested in some feedback if other people feel as if all they have had is increases and if this is normal. Thanks, Sue

Alexandra D

Alexandra Dasked

I’m wondering how much more to expect to pay on top of the house and land prices? I understand design choices etc cost vary costs but I’m wondering about prices out of your control i.e site works, footings - are these extra or included?

Hi Alexandra D,

Costs such as site works and footings are extra and are dependent on the location of the block and also the type of house design you'd like to build.

If you'd like to give us a call on 8366 0000, one of our expert team can talk you through this in a bit more details.

Kind regards,
The Hickinbotham Team

Amy

Amyasked

Can you change your plans mid construction? I’ve sent an email regarding change of sliding doors and am awaiting a response.

Get an answer from our members and Hickinbotham representatives

CategoryHome Builders