Holman Dial EZY Controller

74 questions from our users

Freda

Fredaasked

Hi,
After running the system on a "Test Run" for 2 minutes, the system does not cut off. Never had this problem before. Have had system for 10 years. Can you please tell me why?

Holman I.Holman

hello Freda, How are you turning the water off? Thru the controller or by turning off the water supply. Please let us know if you are running a master solenoid. We will need to establish if it is the solenoid or the controller at fault. For technical assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Garry

Garryasked

I have a 6 station Ezy controller (outdoor).
It was turned off for winter and when I turned it back on, instead of watering two days a week (Mon and Frid), it waters every second day.
The display shows "ODD" and when I press the back arrow , it shows "EVEN"
How do I get back to just Mon and Frid?

Holman I.Holman

When programming in 'Set watering Days" select the 7 days, indicate the days you wish to water on, then dial out of that mode, it will be set to your given days. If you need further assistance with programming, please give our tech department a call on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Brett L.

Brett L.asked

hi
ive got a ezy dial controller . works fine except for the fact that it wont turn off and just loops back to the start.

do you have all the stations connected, ie is the last one connected and are you using a mains valve and or pressure pump with the setup?

kind of sounds like its stuffed though... is it under warranty? if you have a receipt bunnings will swap it over

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brett, I would say that you have more than one start time set. If only wanting to water once a day ensure that there is only a time set into "Start 1" if you set a time into all four starts this will cause it to keep repeating the program four times.
If you need any help please call 1300716188.

Shaneasked

Good evening.

I have a Holman BTX6. The previous season it worked fined without any problems.
Start of Spring and its not working so great. It goes on for a few seconds and then switches off. No problem with the programming nor the system. As I said it actually starts and I get water spray , however that only lasts for about 5 seconds before it switches off.

Any suggestions?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Shane, thank you for your query, unfortunately, this is a fault with your unit and it will need to be exchanged. If you need assistance with this, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Shane

All good thanks. Bit dissapointed, had the unit for less than a year, only one season. Was brilliant and then at the start os this season, it was faulty. Now to try and find the receipt.
Thanks for the assistance.

Holman I.Holman

Please give us a call Shane, we can assist you with this. 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Alan C.

Alan C.asked

hi i have a pro469 pro timer,every time i set watering days,(mon,friday)only
then turn to auto run i get odd days come on,i can not cancel it,i can go to even days and interval
days,but cannot get individual days .how to change this to run only individual days please.
regards Alan

Holman I.Holman

Hello Alan, for programming please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

JennyP

JennyPasked

I’m checking my Retic and it won’t turn on manually any station. The “pump” sign is flashing. What could be wrong?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jenny, without talking to you it is very hard to diagnose what is going on. If the PUMP is flashing, this shows that there is power to the pump. Please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

JennyP

JennyPasked

Holman I.Holman

Hello JennyP, the controller is showing that there is power to the pump terminal, however, if there is no water coming thru, you will need to check wiring and connections etc and perhaps ask an irrigation installer/retailer for advise especially with a pump installed. If you think it is programming, you are welcome to call us on 1300 716 188 for assistance. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Merle H.

Merle H.asked

where can i obtain a user manual for the Holman Dial Ezy Controller

Holman I.Holman

Hello Merle, you can find instruction manuals on our website https://www.holmanindustries.com.au/instruction-manuals/ Thank you your Holman Team!

Ray

Rayasked

Hi I've got a Dial Ezy 4 station controller. I installed, programmed but wont turn on solenoids. I've tried to run each station but just doesn't happen. Thought is must be wiring issue. So I rewired it using new cable joiners and same thing. When I try to check current for each station, press < key and nothing happens; the image on screen doesn't change. Does that mean no current?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ray, please give our Customer Service Team a call on 1300716188 and they will go through it with you.

Thank you your Holman Team.

John W.

John W.asked

Why does my controller which is a pro 469 show no loop nothing working

Holman I.Holman

Hello John, I am unsure what the issue is here, please let me know so I can assist, or do give us a call on 1300 716 188 and we will walk thru the issue with you. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Robert E

Robert Easked

I am looking to buy one of these and ask can I set each station to run on a different day to another. That is , for example, could I set it to run 3 stations only every second and to then run a different 3 stations on every 3rd day?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Robert, yes, this is possible with the Dial EZY indoor station controller. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Chanel

Chanelasked

How do I replace the backup battery? And what kind of battery is required?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Chanel, there is a snap-on connector for a 9V battery inside the unit. Please refer to your instruction booklet if you need further information on this. This will hold the memory if there is a power loss. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Scott

Scottasked

After 2 years of no issues my watering program decides to kick off and start again after completing its run. Nothing has been changed and all the settings are as they should be.

Holman I.Holman

Hello Scott, Please give our Customer Service Team a call on 1300 716 188 and we will be happy to go through it with you.
Holman Team.

John

Johnasked

I have a Holman Dial EZY and it is loosing 1.5 hrs every 24 hours on the time clock. Can this be rectified or do I need a new one. It is approx. 4 to 5 years old.

Holman I.Holman

Hello John, Unfortunately no, this cannot be rectified. Your unit will need to be replaced. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Bhutanese Pradhan

Bhutanese Pradhanasked

I switch station 1 on a few sprinklers come and when I switch station 2 the station 1 and a few other sprinklers come on ;it doubles up : why....?

Holman I.Holman

Hello, if you are finding that more than one station is running at the same time, it may be your wiring is incorrect or you have dirty solenoids.
solenoids are easily cleaned.HOW TO CLEAN A SOLENOID VALVE.

Turn the controller to " System Off" so it does not try to cycle a program.
1. Shut off the main water supply. Opening a valve under pressure is dangerous and you could be injured.
2. Unscrew the solenoid (cylinder with two wires) and make sure the plunger is clean and moves freely. You can test the solenoid by running that station manually from the controller and see if the plunger retracts when energized.
3. Unscrew the bonnet screws or jar top depending on your valve model. Be careful when you pull the bonnet away from the body as to not lose the diaphragm or spring.
4. The diaphragm may be sitting in the body or captured in the bonnet. Remove the diaphragm and spring. Make note of the orientation of the diaphragm so you can put it back together the same way it came out.
5. Examine the diaphragm and spring. The diaphragm should be clean and free of wrinkles, tears, or perforations. The seal should be clean and free of nicks, dents or abrasions. Wash the diaphragm with clean fresh water to remove any debris that may have been deposited there.
6. The diaphragm spring should be intact and bounce back when compressed.
7. Examine the valve body and remove any debris, pebbles, or dirty water.
8. The seal seat should be clean and free of nicks, grooves, or abrasions.
9. Examine the porting in both the valve body and the bonnet. All ports should be clear and pass water freely. A small piece of flexible wire can be passed through the ports to remove blockage.
10. Reassemble the valve in the reverse order of how it was taken apart. The diaphragm should sit with the lip in the matching groove on both the body and the bonnet. The screws or jar top should be hand tightened. Over tightening can damage the valve.
If you are still experiencing problems with your valve, you may need to contact a local irrigation professional

Ella G

Ella Gasked

My holman dial ezy with 4 stations was installed a few months ago. It has new solanoids and wiring. It has been working fine without issue twice per week and all of a sudden today each station is turning on and off every 5 seconds as it runs through the cycle. The last time is was functioning correctly was 3 days ago. This is happening on auto mode, manual run mode and single station mode. There has been no interferance during the last 3 days....How can i get it to run continuously through the cycle and stop turning on and off?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Ella G, this may be a water budget or pulsing issue, either way, we can assist you with this. Please call us on 1300 716 188 or service@holmanindustries.com.au Thank you, your Holman Team!

Bryan B.
Bryan B.

This is happening to my new Dial Ezy bought only 2 days ago and this is the first full times running. And it does it even on a single test run?

Jack

Jackasked

Is Holman BTX8 a good product?

Rev

Revasked

The clock losers 1.5 hours a day. Can it be fixed? Cheers Rev.

ken

kenasked

My dial ezy controller has been working fine for years and now only watering every second day, I have tried to remove the odd and even days but can’t remove it. Any ideas? thanks Ken

KCD

KCDasked

I have a dialEZY 4 station model with one option being 'run program' - the manual does not explain this option - does it mean that the entire program, as set, will be run once and no further watering will take place until the selector is adjusted?

Fred
Fred

Call Holman direct, they have a very good user friendly customer service lady who will " walk " you through your programming with you standing in front of your controller, if it is deemed faulty you will be advised according, if not faulty, will easily get you to where you want to be within minutes.

Good luck

Holman I.Holman

Hello KCD, if you select this function, your programme will run immediately, it will then revert to your automatic watering schedule.
call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team who can assist you with any queries you may have.

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives