Holman Dial EZY Controller

Holman Dial EZY Controller Questions & Answers

89 questions from our users

John G

John Gasked

I have a Holman ezy one mini can't get the solenoid to open cant Run on manual

Holman I.Holman

Hello John, for technical queries please call us on 1300 716 188.

peter

peterasked

My Holman ezy has turned itself off mid cycle and has said fault ac. Don't know how to diagnose whats wrong. Battery still working but difficult to re program and run on battery only. No fuses blown at power Board
Peter

Holman I.Holman

This is a power issue, maybe the transformer? The transformer is a standard 1amp 24volt available at most electrical or auto retailers.

Jeff Evans

Jeff Evansasked

My ezy dial controller keeps cycling through the same program and I can’t seems to make it stop. ie it won’t turn off at the end of the program. The only way to do it is manually turning it to off. Can you help please

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jeff, you have too many start times. Set start 1 only with 2,3 and 4 set to OFF. 1300 716 188

Eye for detail
Eye for detail

My best advice would be to get rid of it and replace it with something decent. This will only keep giving you trouble.

harvey b.

harvey b.asked

how can I delete the existing programme to update to a new one as all works very well

Paul
Paul

Turn the dial to OFF, press ">" twice, when the screen shows CLR press P.

Holman I.Holman

If this is an indoor model, press and hold the PLUS and MINUS key together to reset the controller.

Noel gooley

Noel gooleyasked

How to delete the memory to start again

Dawn B

Dawn Basked

How to replace battery in Dial EZY Gardener controller

Holman I.Holman

Remove the 9v from the bottom of the control panel from the snap-on fitting and replace with a new battery

Robin Campbell

Robin Campbellasked

My Holman dial Ezy usually goes very well however after reprogramming it to water for 5 minutes even after showing this time it goes for 10 minutes.
Can you please help me.
Robin Campbell

Holman I.Holman

Hello Robin, for product assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Jayess

Jayessasked

Hi where can I pick up a new fuse for this unit

Holman I.Holman

Try an electrical or auto retailer. 1amp glass fuse.

Ray  Lintott

Ray Lintottasked

the system has been working fine for years but now there is nothing in the display panel tried switching power off and on still nothing maybe shorted out might have to buy new one if you cannot tell me something else to try Regards Ray

Holman I.Holman

Is it the controller or the transformer? Have you changed the fuse? Please call us technical support on 1300 716 188.

Neil C.

Neil C.asked

hi I just replaced my old unit for a new Pro 46 controller same for same. Everything works but when its in operation the screen is flashing

Holman I.Holman

Hello Neil, for technical support, please call us on 1300 716 188.

Mike A

Mike Aasked

My 6 station Dial Ezy sometimes runs twice when running a program 1 manually. there are no other programs set. I only use it manually. It has been replaced with the old one having the same problem.
I also cannot check the amps of each station

Holman I.Holman

Hello Mike, please give customer support a call on 1300 716 188.

Jimasked

I have a six station Dial Ezy, purchased 13 months ago from Bunnings. I have had it off for a few months over winter. When I turned the unit to test, the master soleniod and the selected solenoid pulse on and off. I checked the solenoid voltage it is pulsing between 0 - 27 VAC. This is occurring with or without the solenoids connected. The supply voltage from the transformer is steady. The unit has on been used from an indoor location
Regards

Holman I.Holman

Hello Jim, this is a fault with the controller, please have it exchanged at Bunnings or give us a call on 1300 716 188.

Jim

Thank you, replacement obtained from Bunnings today. All now working.

tmashfordasked

I have had my Dial Ezy for years now and it has been working great, but of late it now is losing time on the clock, Is this a common problem?
Hope you can shine some light on the problem.
Terry

Holman I.Holman

Hello Terry, if your LCD screen is failing, unfortunately, it cannot be repaired.

tmashford

I wish you people would read what I wrote, where did I say the LCD was failing, seeing you don't seem to know anything, I'll go ahead and replace the crystal, hopefully that will fix it, if it doesn't I'll try a better product.

Old Bloke

Old Blokeasked

Hello, I've got a fairly new (~2 years) six-station Holman Ezy-Dial and all stations have stopped working. They were all working fine a few weeks ago, but now they are all stopped. The solenoid wiring is fine, it's connected to mains power, and the control panel still shows the date/time etc. The taps (two separate taps) are open, but none of the solenoids gets an open message from the controller.

What could the problem be?

Thanks - Dave in Perth

Holman I.Holman

Hello, Please contact Holman for product support on 1300 716 188. Thank you.

Alan Tasked

My 4 stage Holman is about 9 months old bought from Bunnings
It replaced my quite old timer of the same
It seems to work fine for a while then go wrong
When it malfunctions the only 2 stations I have run at the same time instead of separately as 1 and 2

run a test stations cycle...do they come on at the same time?
how old are your solenoids?

Alan T

Hi I have run the test cycle a few times and no1 works as it should (on its own) then when it changes to no 2 no 1 stays on sharing the water pressure

Sorry the solenoids are 15 years old

Freda

Fredaasked

Hi,
After running the system on a "Test Run" for 2 minutes, the system does not cut off. Never had this problem before. Have had system for 10 years. Can you please tell me why?

Holman I.Holman

hello Freda, How are you turning the water off? Thru the controller or by turning off the water supply. Please let us know if you are running a master solenoid. We will need to establish if it is the solenoid or the controller at fault. For technical assistance, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Garry

Garryasked

I have a 6 station Ezy controller (outdoor).
It was turned off for winter and when I turned it back on, instead of watering two days a week (Mon and Frid), it waters every second day.
The display shows "ODD" and when I press the back arrow , it shows "EVEN"
How do I get back to just Mon and Frid?

Holman I.Holman

When programming in 'Set watering Days" select the 7 days, indicate the days you wish to water on, then dial out of that mode, it will be set to your given days. If you need further assistance with programming, please give our tech department a call on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Brett L.

Brett L.asked

hi
ive got a ezy dial controller . works fine except for the fact that it wont turn off and just loops back to the start.

do you have all the stations connected, ie is the last one connected and are you using a mains valve and or pressure pump with the setup?

kind of sounds like its stuffed though... is it under warranty? if you have a receipt bunnings will swap it over

Holman I.Holman

Hello Brett, I would say that you have more than one start time set. If only wanting to water once a day ensure that there is only a time set into "Start 1" if you set a time into all four starts this will cause it to keep repeating the program four times.
If you need any help please call 1300716188.

Shaneasked

Good evening.

I have a Holman BTX6. The previous season it worked fined without any problems.
Start of Spring and its not working so great. It goes on for a few seconds and then switches off. No problem with the programming nor the system. As I said it actually starts and I get water spray , however that only lasts for about 5 seconds before it switches off.

Any suggestions?

Holman I.Holman

Hello Shane, thank you for your query, unfortunately, this is a fault with your unit and it will need to be exchanged. If you need assistance with this, please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Shane

All good thanks. Bit dissapointed, had the unit for less than a year, only one season. Was brilliant and then at the start os this season, it was faulty. Now to try and find the receipt.
Thanks for the assistance.

Holman I.Holman

Please give us a call Shane, we can assist you with this. 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Alan C.

Alan C.asked

hi i have a pro469 pro timer,every time i set watering days,(mon,friday)only
then turn to auto run i get odd days come on,i can not cancel it,i can go to even days and interval
days,but cannot get individual days .how to change this to run only individual days please.
regards Alan

Holman I.Holman

Hello Alan, for programming please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives