Holman Dial EZY Controller

Holman Dial EZY Controller Questions & Answers

65 questions from our users

Why does my controller which is a pro 469 show no loop nothing working

I am looking to buy one of these and ask can I set each station to run on a different day to another. That is , for example, could I set it to run 3 stations only every second and to then run a different 3 stations on every 3rd day?
Hello Robert, yes, this is possible with the Dial EZY indoor station controller. Thank you, your Holman Team!

How do I replace the backup battery? And what kind of battery is required?
Hello Chanel, there is a snap-on connector for a 9V battery inside the unit. Please refer to your instruction booklet if you need further information on this. This will hold the memory if there is a power loss. Thank you, your Holman Team!

I have a Holman Dial EZY and it is loosing 1.5 hrs every 24 hours on the time clock. Can this be rectified or do I need a new one. It is approx. 4 to 5 years old.
Hello John, Unfortunately no, this cannot be rectified. Your unit will need to be replaced. Thank you, your Holman Team!

I switch station 1 on a few sprinklers come and when I switch station 2 the station 1 and a few other sprinklers come on ;it doubles up : why....?
Hello, if you are finding that more than one station is running at the same time, it may be your wiring is incorrect or you have dirty solenoids. solenoids are easily cleaned.HOW TO CLEAN A SOLENOID VALVE. Turn the controller to " System Off" so it does not try to cycle a program. 1. Shut off the main water supply. Opening a valve under pressure is dangerous and you could be injured. 2. Unscrew the solenoid (cylinder with two wires) and make sure the plunger is clean and moves freely. You can test the solenoid by running that station manually from the controller and see if the plunger retracts when energized. 3. Unscrew the bonnet screws or jar top depending on your valve model. Be careful when you pull the bonnet away from the body as to not lose the diaphragm or spring. 4. The diaphragm may be sitting in the body or captured in the bonnet. Remove the diaphragm and spring. Make note of the orientation of the diaphragm so you can put it back together the same way it came out. 5. Examine the diaphragm and spring. The diaphragm should be clean and free of wrinkles, tears, or perforations. The seal should be clean and free of nicks, dents or abrasions. Wash the diaphragm with clean fresh water to remove any debris that may have been deposited there. 6. The diaphragm spring should be intact and bounce back when compressed. 7. Examine the valve body and remove any debris, pebbles, or dirty water. 8. The seal seat should be clean and free of nicks, grooves, or abrasions. 9. Examine the porting in both the valve body and the bonnet. All ports should be clear and pass water freely. A small piece of flexible wire can be passed through the ports to remove blockage. 10. Reassemble the valve in the reverse order of how it was taken apart. The diaphragm should sit with the lip in the matching groove on both the body and the bonnet. The screws or jar top should be hand tightened. Over tightening can damage the valve. If you are still experiencing problems with your valve, you may need to contact a local irrigation professional

My holman dial ezy with 4 stations was installed a few months ago. It has new solanoids and wiring. It has been working fine without issue twice per week and all of a sudden today each station is turning on and off every 5 seconds as it runs through the cycle. The last time is was functioning correctly was 3 days ago. This is happening on auto mode, manual run mode and single station mode. There has been no interferance during the last 3 days....How can i get it to run continuously through the cycle and stop turning on and off?
Hello Ella G, this may be a water budget or pulsing issue, either way, we can assist you with this. Please call us on 1300 716 188 or service@holmanindustries.com.au Thank you, your Holman Team!This is happening to my new Dial Ezy bought only 2 days ago and this is the first full times running. And it does it even on a single test run?

Is Holman BTX8 a good product?

The clock losers 1.5 hours a day. Can it be fixed? Cheers Rev.

My dial ezy controller has been working fine for years and now only watering every second day, I have tried to remove the odd and even days but can’t remove it. Any ideas? thanks Ken

I have a dialEZY 4 station model with one option being 'run program' - the manual does not explain this option - does it mean that the entire program, as set, will be run once and no further watering will take place until the selector is adjusted?
Call Holman direct, they have a very good user friendly customer service lady who will " walk " you through your programming with you standing in front of your controller, if it is deemed faulty you will be advised according, if not faulty, will easily get you to where you want to be within minutes. Good luckHello KCD, if you select this function, your programme will run immediately, it will then revert to your automatic watering schedule. call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team who can assist you with any queries you may have.

My Holman dial Ezy 6 station worked fine all of a sudden now the solinods are pulsating on and off when turn on to run single station. Any ideas on what I need to do to fix please let me know?
Hi, thanks for getting in touch and leaving us your feedback, if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please email us at service@holmanindustries.com.au or call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team.

I have a Holman Pro+469 system, I have set it to run 1 program with 2 stations. The program is set for 2 watering days but only only runs one station. Last summer it ran well with station 1 and 2 running consecutively. When I run the program as a test both station 1 and 2 run well but on the watering days only station 1 runs. Can you help?
Hello Jared, please check your station 2 run time. for programming assistance, please give us a call on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

i have only had my 6 station controller for 6 months and it worked fine, now it will not operate at all manually, i have unpaired it and now the app wont even pick up the device. if i push the rain button down the pump will go on but there is no water anywhere. and like i said it will not operate at all manually. when i press start there is nothing. whats going on with this retic controller?
Hi Janice, thanks for getting in touch, if you would like to discuss your concerns further, please email us at service@holmanindustries or call us on 1300 716 188 (Monday to Friday 7am to 4.00pm WST) to speak with one of our Customer Service Team.

We have an old Holman dial ezy 8 station controller. It has worked fine for many years. Recently I have noticed that even though the station duration times are set for 10 minutes, it actually only runs for 5. Even the second programme is set for 2 minutes and only runs for one? I have been through the entire programme checking the settings. Am I missing something or is it due for retirement? I would appreciate any assistance Tony
Hello Tony, you are welcome to call our technical support team on 1300 716 188 and they will go through all the programming and troubleshooting with you. They will be able to tell you if it is indeed due to be upgraded or if this may just be a programme error. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Will a Dial Ezy work if it shows "battery fault"? Phil 15-01-2019
Yes Phil, this is just indicating that you do not have a back-up 9V battery attached. Your unit will work perfectly well without this! Thank you, your Holman Team!

Hi, I have a Dial Ezy Gardener 6 station unit. I only use(wired) to 4 and looped 5 and 6. Problem is if i run either stations 1, 2, or 3 station 4 runs also ????? Help and Cheers,
Hello Andy, you will only need to loop back if you are running a pump. If not, there is no need for the loop so please do remove it. If valve 4 runs constantly, this is a dirty solenoid. There is something stuck in it stopping it from closing so please do clean this. Turn the controller to " System Off" so it does not try to cycle a program. 1. Shut off the main water supply. Opening a valve under pressure is dangerous and you could be injured. 2. Unscrew the solenoid (cylinder with two wires) and make sure the plunger is clean and moves freely. You can test the solenoid by running that station manually from the controller and see if the plunger retracts when energized. 3. Unscrew the bonnet screws or jar top depending on your valve model. Be careful when you pull the bonnet away from the body as to not loose the diaphragm or spring. 4. The diaphragm may be sitting in the body or captured in the bonnet. Remove the diaphragm and spring. Make note of the orientation of the diaphragm so you can put it back together the same way it came out. 5. Examine the diaphragm and spring. The diaphragm should be clean and free of wrinkles, tears, or perforations. The seal should be clean and free of nicks, dents or abrasions. Wash the diaphragm with clean fresh water to remove any debris that may have been deposited there. 6. The diaphragm spring should be intact and bounce back when compressed. 7. Examine the valve body and remove any debris, pebbles, or dirty water. 8. The seal seat should be clean and free of nicks, grooves, or abrasions. 9. Examine the porting in both the valve body and the bonnet. All ports should be clear and pass water freely. A small piece of flexible wire can be passed through the ports to remove blockage. 10. Reassemble the valve in the reverse order of how it was taken apart. The diaphragm should sit with the lip in the matching groove on both the body and the bonnet. The screws or jar top should be hand tightened. Over tightening can damage the valve. If you are still experiencing problems with your valve, you may need to contact a local irrigation professional. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Hi .my Holman control when set to test or single station it shows its running, the pump signal in window is flashing and time passes but no water coming on. Sprinkler setting, wiring, does anyone know what could be wrong here?
I have learned the expensive way to solve my Holman controller problems and the answer s so easy and simple, call Holman direct, they have a customer service person ready, willing and waiting to help you. You need to be in front of your controller to make the call, so you can do the steps they instruct you o do. if it proves faulty, depending on how long you have had t, if out of warranty they will suggest you replace it, if still covered by warranty, they will tell you to return it to where you purchased it from for a replacement. That s now my experience. Festive season greetings and best wishes for the new year fredrespectfully suggest you speak with Holman customer relations person on the fone while you are standing in front of your controller, they will " walk / talk " you through the problem and out the other side with problem no longer to be seen. If it is still under warranty and the problem not resolved, will suggest you return to where you bought it with receipt for a replacement under warranty, if out of warranty, will suggest you replace it it with a new controller. Se easy peasy Festive season greetings Fred

Hi I have holman BTX6 which has worked fine for 6 months or so but now the sprinklers for each zone only pop up for 30 seconds and then shutdown again! Battery voltage is fine, no changes to programmes...I can get the sprinklers to activate in manual also but again they turn off after 40 seconds. Any help with this?
Hello Claire, do you have any programme setting in the CYCLE section?My experience now tells me, your best friend to fix this is Holman, call them and get customer relations officer on line, position yourself in front of your controller and they will help you step by step through the issue. If problem not resolved and controller still under warranty, will most likely recommend you return it to where you bought it, with your receipt, but if you do that, suggest you take pic of all your wire connections before you undo them for ease of installing again or new one, if out of warranty they will suggest you replace it with a new one. Easy peasy Festive Season greetings FredHello Claire, We have been in contact with our app engineer and ask a few things for our information so we can assist with this issue. Would you kindly open your app and let us know which version you have ( on the main screen below the lighting section) also which type of phone you are using. if you could also go into Options, select Technical Information and screen snap the display below the image. This will give us all the information we require to assist you with getting your irrigation back on track! Thank you, your Holman Team!

I own a a Holman Dial EZY Gardener purchased early this year. I have only a single program clearly set up but the existing single program repeats itself with the same stations / times. Please assist to resolve this problem? Thanks.
Hello Carl, you have multiple start times set. Turn your dial to 'Set start Times' and remove the 2nd, 3rd and 4th start time ( you only need a single start time to run all your stations sequentially) This will fix your issue. If you need further assistance please call us on 1300 716 188. Thank you, your Holman Team!

Get an answer from our members and Holman representatives

Similar listings