Water leaking from the main bathroom into my hallway!!

When we first met the designer for the house I stipulated that I wanted no shower screens in the main bathroom, of which he said that wouldn’t be a problem and proceeded to create our home, of which the design in the bathroom had no shower screen, so we was happy.

We then proceeded to Pre Start of which we informed the girl that we don’t need a shower screen as the room has been designed as a wet room, so hence the shower screen was taken out. Nobody as that time stated otherwise.

Since moving into the house this room has become a great problem. When anyone has a shower in the room the water leaks out of the bathroom door and into my hallway. I have notified Home Group WA who have come back to say that it’s our responsibility as we have chosen to take out the shower screen.

My argument is that we aren’t designers nor builders and that we was told there was no need for a shower screen, so why would we think otherwise.

It is also so dangerous having water leak out of the bathroom door and up the hallway, both me and my 10 year old daughter nearly fell from the water spillage as my tiles are white and you can’t see the water.

I am dealing with [name removed], who is the Construction Manager and his attitude to this matter is disgusting, he has told us that it is not their responsibility and basically that’s it. He did however offer to find out how much a shower screen would cost, has that is the only solution to this matter, of which he came back with the cost of $1200, of which he stated that would have to be paid by us!!!! This is the kind of attitude we are getting from this company!!! To make matters worst I stipulated at the beginning I wanted no shower screen in the bathroom and now the only solution they are offering is that I have to have one and it will cost us $1200, seriously!!!

Construction End DateApril 2019
Hi Mat, Our office is fully aware of the issue with your shower, and yes, we do have design responsibilities however situations like this can be difficult to manage, both from a design perspective and a customer perspective. Many clients clearly want personal choice, here the removal of the shower screen, or large format tiles, we do what we can to oblige. It is very difficult to get falls in larger tile formats and this has been well documented throughout the industry. Regardless, our supervisor and tiler are attending this week to check and measure falls in the floor. If the falls are not to required Australian Standards we will look at, and discuss further with you, the available options. If needed, floor tiles can be removed and re-laid to achieve a steeper fall. But, as per discussions with our construction manager, steeper falls also mean a greater risk of slipping, this is why we are recommending to you to install at minimum a shower curtain, or a shower screen.We have spent a lot of money and you expect us to fit a shower curtain!!A greater risk of slipping can’t be anymore dangerous than water leaking into hallway

Dream house came true!

I love everything about our house, from the start to finish everything was very smooth and everyone from Home Group was so friendly and always ready to answer our questions.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
So happy to hear that Rodolfo, thank you for the kind words :)

Our first home couldn't be more perfect!

Absolutely everything from the initial meeting with our rep Paul all the way through to key handover was such a BREEZE. We had a small issue post construction however HGWA handled it amazingly well which left us feeling extremely satisfied. we could not be more happy with our new home, So thank you Home group for an unforgettable first experience we would definitely build with you again!

Construction End DateApril 2019
So happy to hear Josh, glad you had a memorable building experience with us! Enjoy your new home

Nightmare

I built with Home Group WA 2 years ago and still have on going issues.
I can't even remember how many days I have had to take off to have the same issues fixed constantly.

My sinks, tap ware and shower heads etc rusted within the first year and now I have the same issue again. Reported over 6 weeks ago and have had to follow up with them multiple times.
I was advised they had reported the issues to Della Vita so I phoned them direct this morning to be told they hadn't received any correspondence from home group WA.

My ensuite tiles under my basins were uneven so instead of pulling them off and redoing the job they have tiled over the original tiles and now they are almost sitting flush with my cabinetry. They have refused to fix this and said it is fine - I don't believe it is, I have paid for my house and believe it should have been finished perfectly.

Grout to the wet areas are terrible - I have had leaks in both my showers and they needed to be re grouted and resealed.

My aircon had to be repaired over 5 times - Did not work properly since day one of moving in.

Oven had to be replaced within less than a year.

I know things such as aircon and oven repairs can't be avoided and these things can definitely happen but Home Group don't seem they want to help their customers in maintenance very quickly. I have had to always follow up with them constantly.

Build StagePost-Construction
Dear Kim, Where the builder is at fault, we make ourselves available for repairs, extensive work can sometimes be required to properly resolve defects. Our supervisor is attending your home Monday and will be there to discuss any further issues you may have. Otherwise we remain available to discuss matters further, to resolve and manage warranty repairs as they may be required. Please call us for discussion and please be assured that we remain available to manage warranty work for you.

Loving our new home!

Loved the design the minute we walked into the display home! Scott was extremely helpful guiding us through the process. Choice of colours and materials available were perfect - exactly what I would have picked. Building supervisor, James was very helpful with questions during the build. Was a dream experience from start to finish. Exceptional quality finished product. Would highly recommend to anyone considering building a new house . Very happy with our new home.

Construction End DateMarch 2019
I'll be sure to pass on the kind words to all staff involved Vickey! Thank you for sharing :) enjoy your new home!

Thank You Home Group WA!

The best service and communication from start to finish. Could not fault the processes and service from all of the Home Group WA staff. We had the best experience building with them and would do it again! We have been living in our newly built house for 6 weeks and loving it, with no issues :)
Thanks again!

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review Brooke :) we hope you continue to enjoy your new home!

Amazing

After looking at other builders I walked into a Homegroup display and met Sujit...... And that's where it began. Sujit was amazing and all through our process was always there..... Ernie was amazing also making the process smooth. We are very happy with our home and the comments we get from friends and family leaves us with an awesome feeling we have such a beautiful home and would recommend homegroup. We have done already to other people....

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
I'll be sure to pass on the kind words to all staff involved. Thank you for sharing Jen! Enjoy your new home :)

Such an amazing experience, can not fault a thing!!!

From the very beginning meetings my husband and I were set at ease with how great the communication was between us and the builder. Honestly felt like they went above and beyond to answer all our questions no matter how silly we felt they may have been.

During the build everything went smoothly, each stage of construction went exactly how we would of liked. We even moved in earlier than we anticipated.

Overall I was more than impressed, I will and have already recommended Home Group WA to family whom I know are looking at building and show off my home to them with pride saying “this could all be yours”

Construction End DateMarch 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review Shawnee :) glad you had a memorable building experience with us. We hope you enjoy your new home!

Living in Luxury

Everyday is waking up with a smile. The entire process was seamless from Gareth the most skilled designer possible, to Matt the most professional and empathetic supervisor, to Emma the bricklayer extraordinaire, to Ken the guru of tiling and all the other professionals who I didn't meet but completed all work to high standards to make our house not only a home but a pleasure.

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
This is such a lovely review :) thank you for sharing these kind words! Enjoy your new home

We love our new home!!

My partner and I just built with Home Group WA and we couldn’t be happier with the way our home turned out!! Our site supervisor, Michael made the process so smooth and we really trusted him with looking after our home in the building stage. I’d also like to say a huge thank you to the ladies in the office who we liased with throughout the whole process, they were all so kind, helpful and happily answered my million questions. Everyone that’s helped out through the whole process has been amazing and I can’t thank them enough! Thanks Home Group WA!

Build StagePost-Construction
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your building experience with us Megan! Thank you for sharing :)

Thank you Home Group WA for Perfect Home

Very happy with the build for the most part. The supervisor on the Job did a fabulous job. We're really happy with the final product. Some minor issues did occur, but nothing out of the ordinary. HOpefully all will be sorted at the 4 months warranty inspection.

Build StagePost-Construction
Thank you for the honest review Minhaj. We hope you enjoy your new home :)

Wonderful!

Couldn’t be happier that we chose to build with Home Group WA! Such a wonderful team! We had the privilege of Gabe as our sales consult and Steve Elkington as our finance broker! Both wonderful people with great customer service! Thank you so much for creating our dream home!

Build StagePost-Construction
We are happy to hear this! Thank you for sharing Laura :) we hope you and Ben enjoy your new home.

Very happy with our experience

My partner and I were so amazed at how quickly the building process was with Home Group and how efficient they were. We would recommend this company to anyone looking at building - friendly and helpful staff who always went above and beyond for us!

Construction End DateFebruary 2019
Thank you for such kind words Jessica & Harley :) happy that we could help! Enjoy your new home.

A very good build, but you always need to keep an eye on things. (4.5 stars)

Very happy with the build for the most part. The super Dom had great communication and an eye for detail. We're really happy with the final product.

Some minor issues did occur, but nothing out of the ordinary:
- Some mistakes in the costings would have costs us a few thousand extra if I hadn't gone over the documents multiple times myself. You get this with every builder though.
- Some poor work by one or two tradies. The majority were very good though.
- Some times where responses were slow or forgotten. Again, most of the time things were very good.

So, so impressed!

Can't go over how well the whole build went, how much support we had, how fast it went and the quality we received for such a low price. So happy with our new home!

Construction End DateJanuary 2019
So glad to hear you enjoyed the whole process :) we hope you enjoy your new home, thanks for the kind words!

Great experience

We have recently had hand over for our new home and everything went great. We received our keys just 5 months after the slab went down which was much sooner then we expected. Great communication from home group team throughout the building process and all staff were very helpful. We would definitely build with home group again in the future.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Thanks for the lovely review :) glad to hear you are happy with your building experience. Enjoy your new home!

Our first home!

We had such an AMAZING experience building our first home with Home Group WA! Everything went so smoothly - any issues or concerns were addressed immediately by the friendly team and we always felt like we knew exactly how everything was progressing. We would recommend to all who are looking to build their first home! Looking forward to creating memories in our new home!

Construction End DateDec 2018
Thank you for such kind words Simone :) that's great to hear. Enjoy your new home!

First time

Thank you Homegroup WA for helping us build our dream home. Staff were professional and helpful throughout the entire process. They made the build more understandable and went through every single step. Always happy to answer any question, no matter how stupid it was haha. The only company I would recommend, especially for first home owners. Thank you so much!

Construction End DateDec 2018
Thanks for sharing your lovely thoughts on us Renae :) enjoy your dream home!

Stunning home, amazing quality, on a budget!

A huge thank you to HomeGroup WA for the most incredible build experience. The level of service and support provided was exceptional throughout. Our home was built a month ahead of schedule, and the quality of workmanship is superb. And we couldn’t be happier with the finished product.. Can’t believe that most of our final lux finish fell within the standard HomeGroup options!
Would recommend to anyone looking to build in Perth.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review Jemma :) glad that you had a memorable building experience with us. Enjoy your new home!

HomeGroup Wa built our new home in 11 weeks from excavation to key handover and it is everything we

From the time the first brick was laid we found the contractors and site manager an absolute pleasure to deal with, always answered our questions and were clean and tidy with their building practices. The finished home is of a very high standard and we have not found anything to complain about.
Whenever we had to deal with the office staff or site manager, they were professional and prompt with all enquiries and the prestart meetings were a joy, not a chore as the staff are so helpful.
The cost was spot on and had no issues with final statements, all our extras were carried out to our requirements.

Construction End DateDec 2018
Thank you for taking the time to leave this lovely review Chris :) so glad to hear you had a memorable building experience with us. Enjoy your new home!