• Product is used
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
jbambury
jbambury

A great mower and very reliable

Purchased in May 2004 for $800.00.

Carburetor plays up after about 3 years

Purchased for $799.00.

JOHN
JOHNmelbourne

Fantastic

Fantastic domestic mower, mulching plug works well. small rear opening can get blocked if grass is moist but still ok. clippings fertilize grass and grass appears greener after mulching. start first time everytime!!

Purchased in November 2010 for $750.00.

Dean
DeanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What A doosy

Wont pick up the Cut Grass.
Get used to it. Had my HRU 19 for a number years. Wont load the catcher consisitantly. Basically leaves 80% of cuttings on your lawn. Done the blades cleaned the catcher many times. These are just the poorest design I have ever seen especially being regarded as a good brand. Easy to start just buy a few rakes for your entire family at the same time. The Motor does seem slightly under powered just able to cut a medium to low lawn. Very quiet.
I'll stick with the previous brand and retire this to the farm for small trimmings where the cuttings can stay on the lawn. Honda should have got onto this before releasing these mowers.

Purchased in January 2016 for $950.00.

Jeff A
Jeff AHunter Region, NSW

Perfect for 27 years

Purchase 27 years ago finally wore out. It mowed large blocks of grass, with lots rocks. A great mower to have and I am about to purchase another one. I will not have to buy another after this.

Purchased in May 1992.

Layadi T.
Layadi T.Sydney, NSW

Good but a bit heavy for me

Bought second hand last year from gumtree. Was not planning to buy Honda because this one is heavy however have some mate doing the strata maintenance that gave me great review on them they say the engine keeps going after decades its still going only the body is damaged and need to be fixed/replaced but the engine it self working great. After hearing that I decide to get one second hand and it has been good so far.

Purchased in July 2018.

Christian C
Christian CPort Macquarie

Mower for Life

Date PurchasedApr 1998
Stoney
StoneyRockhampton

6 months under water and still goes

I service and repair garden equipment as a bit of a hoppy. Not a fan of the new long range buffalo. The only mower I have ever paid money for $1100 only to sell it 12 months later at a big loss. Far to heavy and the reduced discharge Shute it clogged and bogged very easy. They don’t build em like the used to. I’m currently working on the older ohc 19D 6 months under water and then a few years sitting in a paddock. I have had to replace is the governor springs and throttle cable for obvious reasons. I gave it a major clean up and I was amazed when second pull she fired up. It ran a little rough but with a tune and some further running it runs like a charm. I’m gonna keep this old girl as an experiment and see how long she will run for

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Johnno
JohnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fairly decent mower

This mower cuts well when the grass is dry and not too thick. The less than perfect design flaw of having only a half a chute means it struggles with thick and/or wet grass and constantly clogs up, requiring the user to stop and unclog it. I also find the engine brake a pain, as every time you take hand of the holder, the mower stops. However, the mower like most Hondas, is a reliable starter, starting first pull every time. It does actually cut the grass really well when my lawn is not thick or wet.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Best I ever had

I got my Honda hru 19d from the metal recycling yard for $20 so in other words i gave it a new life did some maintaince on and it put some fresh fuel in it pulled it over and it runs like a horse even tho the blades have no lift it still cuts the grass very well i don't even have it's catcher or mulch plug

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Lismoron
LismoronLismore

They don't make them like this anymore

This was the first new mower I have ever bought. That was 15 years ago, and its still going strong. It does an extremely good job, has a full width shoot so doesn't get clogged up with wet grass. It's nice and light so very manuverable. Another high quality Honda mower.

Date PurchasedFeb 2002
Joe
JoeGold Coast

Don't muck around with mowers, buy a Honda

I asked the Father-in-law's colleague who ownd a mower store and then sold it but still worked there, what should I buy? He said "Don't muck around with mowers, buy a Honda!" I wasn't buying off him as I was interstate but following his advice I bought the HRU 19D in Dec 2008. I run it on 98 unleaded and it starts first go whether it me or my wife starting it. For maintenance I've only had to change oil, spark plugs and blades and it's 8 years old.

I also bought a Honda trimmer (UMS425U) and I look forward to yard maintenance day as once again it is reliable and easy to start.

Date PurchasedDec 2008
Chalkyt
Chalkyt

Easy Start doesn't always

I've had this mower for a few years. Thought I would go upmarket after my 30 year old Rover finally gave up.
Both the mulching and catching function work well. The "safety bar" throttle took a little getting used to but works fine... the mower runs at a pre-set speed. However the "Easy Start" function doesn't always. The dealer is an hours drive away (we are in the country) and although they fix it, I haven't been able to find out what the problem is. Poor starting is my biggest complaint, apart from that it is tough, well built and does the job.

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
dzcook
dzcookcharters towers

heap of rubbish

Honda
James H.Honda

Honda You Can't Beat Them, Had For 5 Years Now Awesome Product Hru19d

I hope this model lasts a long time, it seems the new Honda's don't cut, why Honda just do the maintenance and everything is good, can be heavy when loading, etc. catcher good size and fuel economy. Very good, use 98 octane fuel grade lasts longer.
Don't buy cheap rubbish from big stores not worth the dramas even wifey can start this one lol, just remember cheap expensive, expensive cheap for product like these
ps: I'm not shouting caps stuck.

Honda
James H.Honda

Thanks for the review SMARTY1968, great to hear that you have the wife on the job as well. - Sarah