4Honda Jazz GE
Part of Honda Jazz 4.1

Honda Jazz GE (2008-2013)

4Honda Jazz GE

nmh2 posts
James Shaw
James Shaw

Honda Jazz 2008

i own a Honda Jazz 2008 I love this car i use it for work as a support worker. it has 280000 on it and has not had any trouble. Love this car. Manual trans, i do about 600 km a week. i bought the car when it had 100000
km on it. i service it myself. what a beauty. Show details
Gentleman
GentlemanAU9 posts

Excellent reliable car

Driving this Honda Jazz from 2011. Everyday car for shopping, school trips, commuting work. Easy to park.
Used as a second car.
Excellent fuel economy. Magic seats fold flat to transport large items.

Engine sometimes under powered during traffic lights, freeway merging.
Plastic trims fade easily.

This is our second Honda Jazz. Highly recommended and planning to buy the next model. Show details

John
John4 posts
  GE

Small but versatile little car

We use the car for general city run about and picking up the kids from school. It's extremely frugal and zippy for the engine size. We were surprised how roomy the car is due to high ceiling compare to other small hatchbacks. Show details
Braking
Handling
Don
DonAdelaide3 posts

Poor Quality Parts in JAZZ door

We bought a brand new JAZZ through Honda dealer. This JAZZ drives OK. We like the magic seats.

Although we have serviced this car regularly through the Honda Dealer driver side door actuator failed after 60,000 KMs. Took it to the Honda Dealer for repairs. After $326 & three trips to the dealer they fixed it. Very next day the passenger side front door lock started playing up. Sometime it will not open remotely. Similar symptoms to the other side.

Clearly the HONDA quality is gone down. It is sad to see such a reputed manufacturer not see quality as an important issue. No more JAZZEs again.

Ridgewood WA
Ridgewood WA3 posts
HashK
HashKPerth22 posts

Plastic Trim Below Wind Screen Faded

My Honda Jazz is still within the warranty period. The first fault was the front seat belt buckle did not lock properly. Honda dealer had it replaced.

The second issue was the plastic trim below the wind screen which faded. Honda dealer and Honda HQ said it was due to "sun damage", and not covered by the warranty.

I am still puzzled because all cars are made to be driven and parked under the sun, in the rain, under the moon ... So the plastic trim should withstand the beating of the Australian sun and rain. I noticed that cars of other brands did not have such fading problem. I am at wits end, and don't know what else I can do.

I am not sure would anyone accept that a raincoat damaged by water is an acceptable explanation.

ancsi
ancsiMelbourne8 posts

Everyone's favourite!

The small car that doesn't feel tinny, economical, reliable, zippy and ohh so easy to park! Its comfortable - has enough leg room, and enough room on the backseat for kids seats too. The backseat folds up revealing a LOT of room so doing massive shops or transporting large things is never problematic. Its quiet to drive, does equally well in the city and on the freeway. Acceleration is what can be expected from a small car. Service is cheap.

I will definitely buy another Jazz once this gets too old to drive - which is not for a while I'm told by my mechanic.

Highly recommended.

Alan
AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts
  GE

Great car, but wish it had a little bit more power

We bought our 2009 VTIS new back in 2009. It's a great little car, lots of leg room, great turning precision and comfortable enough. The fuel economy is pretty good too even for a 1.5l. It's lived up to its brand, this is my fourth Honda and with around 70k on the clock it's been well worth the price. The magic seats are truly magical, and the paddles on the steering wheel are quite responsible compared to similarly priced vehicles. The 5 speed auto transmission is a must, I wouldn't touch anything with CVT. All in all, great car..just wish it was a bit peppier but I guess the car wasn't made to be fast. My last Honda was a Integra Type R and my other car now is a 3.0TDi Q5. I really feel the change in power.

Donna H
Donna HChiltern8 posts

What a great little car

Lovely to drive. Hugs the road. Great on the freeway and city streets. Quiet to drive. Economical on fuel. Mechanically sound. I have had no major issues with mine in 4 years and we have done quite a few kms.

Tidy and well designed inside and out. Everything is easy to use. No manual required.

Easily fits 5 people. Also fits baby capsules and car seats well. Plenty of leg and arm room inside. Doesn't feel like a small car at all. Boot fits more than expected. Often suprises us.

First little car I have owned and loved it. Now upgrading to a Honda CR-V as need something to tow.

Can't recommend this little car enough!

tdphillips
tdphillipsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA43 posts
Bri
BriIndooroopilly4 posts

Love it!

I loved my jazz, it is a small car but it definitely is the best car i've ever driven so far. It is very economical and i do managed to save up a fair bit because it does not use up a lot of fuel. It has a pretty cozy interior in comparison to other small cars, it is also great for transporting large size things because you can just put the seats down and transformed into a mini van.

aaadri
aaadriAU4 posts

Car is ok. Had paint issues since the 2nd year of use

Car is ok overall but I've had some paint issue since the 2nd year of purchase. Brought it back to Scotts Honda multiple times and they exchanged the doors. Pretty bad experience considering you're buying a new car. Would I buy it again, probably not. Probably just my bad luck!

giuseppe
giuseppebyron bay9 posts

Smartest car ever

It's always been on my wishlist and I've finally bought it.

I can think of a better car:

runs on nothing (18km/l) and makes me feel good cause it respectful towards the planet.

it's big enough to bring my 3 surfboards around (shortboards 6'3" the longest).

the foldable seat system is mindblowing and so quick.

the engine has a timing chain, requires lower maintenance and I can service it myself.

CONS

paint job could have been better, but hey, nobody is perfect