HSBC Branches

HSBC Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

disgraceful customer service

Wish i had read these reviews before i joined HSBC they are all true. presently waiting for a complaint
to be addressed and its impossible to speak to someone who can help. Two weeks now and just
received an email to say sorry another ten business days. The customer service is dire. You have been warned stay clear of this bank.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and New Account

Worst Bank Ever

I chose HSBC because it promised me that I would be able to access my account and get help from any branches around the world without hassle. Of course, I specifically asked about French and Australian branches as they were the two destinations I would spend the majority of my time - they said that this would be fine.

Funnily, as soon as I arrived in Australia, my card would not work when I tried to pay for products or at ATM machines. I then went to speak to a branch who said they had no affiliation with the French HSBC. Since then, I have sent countless emails back to the French branch to try access my money (as I cannot access it online and have not returned to France yet). It has been over a year, and I am still unable to get my money or close the account. Not to mention, they are charging a monthly fee to keep the account open, so I have paid over 12 months of fees for the worst service I could ever imagine.

Honestly worst bank I have ever been with. Either liars or clueless with how their own systems work.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Extremely poor service

I have opened a Serious Saver account with HSBC as they were offering a better rate in compare to some of the other banks, I have completed an account opening form and have answered endless number of questions on opening the account.

As suggested by staff members the account was successfully opened. I online transferred my funds from another financial institution to the new Serious Saver account.

After the account opening, I have received endless number of letters from HSBC asking for further personal information, I have provided the requested information however, to my surprise every time I receive a different letter from HSBC asking for more personal information to collect.

I am very disappointed and frustrated with the service they are providing and the collection of unnecessary personal information. Even though I have closed all my accounts due to unsatisfactory service, to my surprise I am still receiving letters from HSBC asking for further personal information.

Review TypeNew Account

Very disappointed for such well build looks but poor service and efficiency

I accompanied my elderly mother to Castle Hills branch to open A serious savings account . After we were wondering in front for about 5 minutes, there was a lady staff walked towards us from outside wearing HSBC uniform. She chatted with us about our intention to do what business then asked where the source of money came from . Then I noticed a middle aged man wearing normal clothes like other customers went closer to our group and stood right next to that lady staff to listen when I tried to tell that lady staff the details of my mother’s financial situation . When I indicated my uncomfortable talking further whilst intruder man kept standing right there to listen, that lady staff just simply waved her hand saying no worries and signalled me to carry on my talks !!! How can we not worry to discuss about our financial situation in middle of open space, one stranger was ear dropped to our serious conversation This bank has no respect to clients privacy, very weird set up service!!! We were very regret walking in there in the first place. We are legitimate clients but they didn’t want our business. Why did they open their business in the first place ? Bad bad services!!!

Review TypeNew Account

HSBC- Loan experience ok but with extremely poor mobile banking and poor branch service

Been with HSBC for a couple of years now and decided to close accounts mainly because of the poor internet and mobile platform. Opening an account was easy as, but closing it.. well.. let’s just say it took quite the effort and frustration.. would not recommend using this for day to day banking, just for loans.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Bad service due to staff not able to converse properly

My husband and I went into the Parramatta branch to open an account and put $1000000. into an account as I had a very nice inheritance. I was to ring my husband to tell him where the branch was, because he couldn't walk far. My mobile phone wasn't working, so I asked the staff to phone him, which they did. Unfortunately the woman wasn't able to communicate the message properly because of poor English. He eventually found the branch. We attempted to open an account, but were blocked all the way. We were told we had to have proof how we got the money. I tried to explain but they wanted documentation which i didn't have, my brother had it. I had brought the bank statement where the money had been deposited , as i was instructed to do over the phone. This was not enough, so I got them to ring the solicitor who was handling the estate of my late mother. The solicitor kindly sent them an email l stating that I had got the money from my mother's will. This was not enough for them. #We were told they needed the documentation and that they only were open till 4pm , so we had only had half an hour to get it all together or we need to come back tomorrow. We told them all sorts of information, but were asked the same questions many times over. We were very dissatisfied with our treatment a and now we are taking our 1 million dollars elsewhere.

Happy Customer

I have been with HSBC for 7 years and am still happy with the service. I live in Melbourne and there are many branches in the eastern suburbs to go if I needed something done. The staff regardless of each branch are very professional and got every thing done as I requested. When I applied for the platinum credit card, the staff would constantly let me know where the process is up to and telling me when it will arrive. Opening and closing accounts were done swiftly and professionally. Their online chat support I have used was great, very professional and informative. They gave me the right advice. Still I prefer coming to the branch to get important banking matters done compared to other banks which are closing branches. Very happy with their services. Great branches are Chadstone and Glen Waverley which I go to a lot.

Review TypeCredit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Don't Apply for Credit Card!

The process for credit card takes ages and you need to set an appointment for a couple of days in advance. They ask many questions and they never tell you on what basis exactly you will be assessed and what can happen. They rejected my application and still they put a note on my file for rejection. I have no debts owed and I have no infringement, but still they provide no explanation.
I have contacted the customer service and still they don't tell and when you ask them they will say we explained everything to you when you applied! The next step is to contact the customer advocate. It is useless, don't try that as they will say the same thing. I have dealt with HSBC in other jurisdictions and they were far better as I was issued credit cards with no problem. The online banking system is not good and I am seriously considering closing the account with them (since 2010) as I will keep the money myself!

Review TypeCredit Card Application

They dont want your business

Try to open a online bank account, more than 1000 unrelated questions are asked. get an email later telling me to go to the branch for ID versification. The staff at branch request me to login to my other banks online banking to show them my address and balance. Asked whether i could do it on my phone instead of their computers for safety concern and the answer is no. They then declined my application. HSBC Australia is a joke, they clearly dont want your buisness.

bad bad bad

if there is a zero mark i will give it 0. never bank with hsbc again because of their rude altitude. i applied an global account online but never get it done properly. went to branch, i am one of two customers but they were telling me no one can serve me due to other customers. but you know what?3 of the staff are sit there and chatting and ask me to come back another time. so what? other peoples time is not time so you can waste it??? never done things properly. they dont treat well for customers. i think they actually dont care about their small customers.