HSBC Branches

1.3

Tiger.Eyes

Tiger.EyesSydney, NSW

Unacceptable Service (not)

HSBC don't even deserve the 1 star I had no choice but to give them. Staff both on the phone and in branch are all so very very rude and arrogant. To withdraw money from inside the bank you are given a hard time and questions for 2.5 hours even though I had to prove that I needed the funds for my international holiday a few years ago. The staff all need immediate training beginning with customer service skills!

Unfortunately I have had the very worst of experiences with the HSBC ever. You get no support or assistance over the phone or either in the bamk. I'm very disappointed and upset and regret opening account with them a few years ago.

Bad Bank

Bad BankPerth, WA

All my dealing with HSBC I have come to the conclusion they are incompetent.

I wished to make a large deposit and the bureaucracy you have to go through, no other bank requires the level of documentation HSBC require, they are out of control. Even their staff have no idea what is required to make a term deposit. I had to keep reminding them I do not wish to take out a loan, I wish to deposit money with them. Calls to branch and their 1300308008 are a waste of time as staff do not have the knowledge to make a decision or even give any basic direction. When they say someone will call you back, that doesn't happen.

jdeleon

jdeleonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Update Email Address

I just wanted to update my email address. I tried doing this on-line but you have to provide all the irrelevant data that they need including country of birth and current employment data. I tried going to the bank branch so they can do the update for me. Unfortunately they are still adamant in getting the same data as the on-line before they can update the email address. I left frustrated at their inflexibility and indifference of their staff.

SAL

SALGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They simply don't care!

I've been HSBC customer for more than 5 years. I used to have home loan with them, have refinanced with other bank ever since. Communication was hard, sometimes I got no response and being assigned a home loan manger made things even harder, I didn't get response if he was on leave. They simply don't care whether you want to stay or leave, never make attempt to have discussion with you. Trust me, you won't see this until you need to contact them to fix issue. I've been banking with many banks small and large in the last 15 years, and HSBC is right at the bottom of the list when it comes to communication and customer care. One star is for them to exist as a bank.

bach

KayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible attitude and service

FREEOFCLUBTELCO

FREEOFCLUBTELCO

Completely agree with previous reviews

Sakura

SakuraGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Doesn’t make sense

Johnson

JohnsonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crap Service

Terrible service and keep finding fault with customers, plus insufficient and unfriendly attitude. Don't bother to deal with this bank. The big 4, or even other smaller banks are much better.

seveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

avoid

I have had nothing but dramas with these morons ,ive been trying to close my account for 2 years ,yes sir ,all sorted ,would you like to open an account again in the future -NO WAY .
No worries sir ,your account is close-still get statements and charges -i have open bank accounts with other banks in nz ,Australia ,Singapore ,China and never have i had no many dramas-they are a total joke -avoid avoid,very incompetent.

Gulia

GuliaSydney, NSW

Attitude

Bondi branch surprised me, they really no need your money. Iolanda who supposed to assist me with advice and help to open account was arrogant and not chatty at all. As the result I walked away and went to the other bank. This bank should hire more professionals.

Rachel J.

Rachel J.South East Queensland, QLD

horrible to deal with- blocking cards no reasons

Apricot

ApricotGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
disappointing

disappointingPerth, WA

Find another bank

homealoneCanberra 2600, ACT

Horrible customer service towards new customer who wants to open an account

homealone

We went to ubank instead, 5mins online application, 10 mins in post office to verify the identity, the next day ubank account is fully operational! What a shame, HSBC!

berzy

berzy

disgraceful customer service

Wish i had read these reviews before i joined HSBC they are all true. presently waiting for a complaint
to be addressed and its impossible to speak to someone who can help. Two weeks now and just
received an email to say sorry another ten business days. The customer service is dire. You have been warned stay clear of this bank.

Lan

Lan

Worst Bank Ever

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Extremely poor service

Old Woman

Old WomanSydney, NSW

Very disappointed for such well build looks but poor service and efficiency

Chris T.

Chris T.Sydney, NSW

HSBC- Loan experience ok but with extremely poor mobile banking and poor branch service

Been with HSBC for a couple of years now and decided to close accounts mainly because of the poor internet and mobile platform. Opening an account was easy as, but closing it.. well.. let’s just say it took quite the effort and frustration.. would not recommend using this for day to day banking, just for loans.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account