HSBC Online

HSBC Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Coral HANLON

Coral HANLONHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish service

Applied for HSBC interest free loan, recommended by travel agent. Expecting a quick acceptance as I have a credit rating of 735 which is a very good rating. after 2 weeks of phone calls telling me exactly th same thing as the many emails told me & all the paperwork that was requested was emailed to them, still no decision. Once the agent intervened & escalated my request it was another week before they emailed & told me the application was denied with no reason given.
I'm playing discrimination card here, I'm a self funded retiree, pay bills on time, have no debts, own my own home & car but still can't get a loan from them. Rubbish bank.

TopicLoan Application

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers. The customer service team were not keen to accomodate my basic request so as a result I am going to move banks

TopicBusiness Banking
Judy

JudyAU

Disappointing and frustrating experience

chris

chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless mobile APP

It doesn't work. Can't login. Tells me I have no internet connection. Clunky menus. I'm over it. Just use it as a savings account so I am not too bothered.

Do not bank with HSBC

I have accounts with CBA , NAB and HSBC. HSBC is the worst in everything. Online banking is crap, customer service does not know anything same as the branch staff. When you talk to the branch staff they looked at you seem to be lost.

Disgrace

Don't get within 10ft

Most incompetent bank I have ever come across. I was send a letter to register for online banking. Try to do it online and an error message came out asking me to go into a branch. I was asked to jump through hoops and loops for 50mins in the branch. The front office staff have to get a 6-digit code from HQ. Put to hang on while I waited. Next minute I was told to speak to the person on the line. Pass to a recorded message to enter some details which I did correctly but was told not. And then was told to hang on further while the call is pass back to an officer. I gave up and just walked out of the bank.

Roy

RoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible online banking services. online website problems with inefficient overseas operators. Not recommended

2 years with this bank, unreliable at most, customer service is inefficient and unreliable. Online banking always has issues regardless of any computers/browsers you use. Rude operators overseas. Very frustrating

Worst Experience Ever - Complete Waste Of Time - 1 Start is 1 Star Too Many

Asked to Close Account and said they had to phone me back to complete, I hesitantly did so, and found out they didn't close the account, So much hard work for them action with pity excuses, even posted letter twice had no effect, NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER BAD BAD BAD

Never got back to me

My partner and I applied for a joint bank account. We filled out the online application. Waited two weeks and hadnt heard anything. Sent an email stating our situation and asking how our application was going. Its now been five weeks and still no response. Needless to say we have joined up to another bank.

Will NEVER use HSBC

tonyv

tonyvSydney, NSW

Worst experience

I joined this bank to get their global card when travelling overseas. I've never experienced such a complex online security system in my life. Dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against online security but the HSBC login, transfer money process is a joke. It is too complex and takes too long. I mean, logging on, generating the secure keys based on what transaction your performing etc. I do internet banking with ANZ and its easy to use

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

realbuyer

realbuyerWestern Australia

pretty hard to make payments online

they block payments like no tomorrow so it's no user friendly, you have to call them to ask them to remove the restriction each time. pretty annoying I mean seriously they even block Facebook

Che

Che

Pathetic

Applied for CC got conditionally approved and next day their customer rep made a call to verify and he just stupidly converted out home mortgage to Philippine peso just because he is based in Philippines! What a shame!!! after asking me for Billing statement declined my application! it is so pathetic why would you hire for customer rep based offshore and would convert the money to other currency?!?! Hsbc time to move your customer rep back to Australia!!!

RSS

RSSSydney, NSW

Terrible App and unreasonable staff

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
corinne L.

corinne L.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible mobile banking app

I moved our home loan to HSBC about a year ago because they were offering a great rate and the loan suited our needs. We also moved the rest of our banking. No issues with the loan so far but I’m seriously considering moving all our business elsewhere because the mobile app is so shocking. Is this really a global bank with such a terrible app experience? I have no patience for it and would rather move all our banking than have to deal with the frustration caused by this primitive app.

Disappointing

DisappointingSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Poor Experience Opening Saving Account

Very poor experience during opening an account online. The number of questions and type of questions is pretty "impressive", for example, I was opening a SAVING Account and the question was what would you use the account for? Well, let me think before I will give you an answer. Dear HSBC, opening an account in the 21st century using modern technology should take no more than 5 minutes!!

RRR_10

RRR_10Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Customer Experience

Just signed up for their everyday global account as they offer an $100 bonus and 2% cash back on paywave subject to certain conditions, which is great.
The app is terrible. Extremely Slow, looks super ancient and I've found it to be buggy. The set of security questions, passcodes and passwords required to get the account fully working is nothing short of ridiculous.

Andrew T

Andrew TGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank in the Western World - I'm dead serious

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Steve P

Steve PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Bank I have Ever Dealt With

No Customer Service. Never Send Statements. Useless Call centre in the Philippines. No One ever returns calls. A complete waste of time. Glad I have moved away from HSBC. Now persuing legal action for damages.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME

Absolutely the worst company to deal with. I could of got a home loan sorted in the time frame it took to approve a credit card. Over 2 months wait to just get a update on the status of my application.