HSBC Online

HSBC Online

• Topics
    • General Transactions (30)
    • New Account (13)
    • Credit Card Application (11)
    • ATM Experience (5)
    • Business Banking (4)
    • Loan Application (4)

Scott

ScottPerth, WA

Utter incompetence

Archaic policies

Unable to resolve any issues

Untruthful customer service- made multiple promises, none of which were fulfilled

Retained my money over an extended period- unable to release it 'due to policies'- just a money grab.

Don't be taken in by offers of high interest- substantial amounts are deducted when account is closed- interest is paid a month after it is earned and they say that interest is forfeited for the month or months in which any withdrawals are made.
This is in line with most other banks, but HSBC seem to have no social conscience- they ALSO keep the interest for the previous month, even though no withdrawals were made in that month- an HSBC action which could justly be termed theft.

frank

frank

Good product but not a good system

HSBC products are fairly good if you can get them! been with them for 6 years customer service is not reliable, they are quite polite just not knowledgeable, and not communicative enough. It's very hard to make any changes, something like request to increase your credit limit can be endless nighmare and may not even get response and forgotten. There is a serious issue with the flow of their process. I am still keeping account open just as a spare cause their product is actually quite good, but not really trusting them to be my primary bank.

Jason

JasonSydney, NSW

Credit Card Fraud

Credit card was skimmed and used overseas. I informed HSBC to cancel card. Called many times, never get return calls. Basically, they ignore you. Over 5 months now and nothing!

Thinking of changing my bank as log in is to complicated invented by youngsters don’t take older folk into account instead of being threatened of locked out of account they should divert you to customer service
Other banks are so easy Michael

TopicATM Experience

Charles K.

Charles K.Perth, WA

Very Poor Customer Experience

Credit card expired. I wasn't pre contacted instead card stops working. New card sent but with new CC number. Old pin doesn't work. Reregistration and online app shocking and difficult.

Haroon Samuel

Haroon SamuelSydney, NSW

Worst Bank I delat with/ Waste of time

Initially they approve your application and keep asking for more details and in the end they just decline your application. Upon asking the reason of decline HSBC representative's answer was 'decision is confidential to HSBC'.

TopicCredit Card Application

dai d.

dai d.Sydney, NSW

Online system and mobile app very hard to use

I changed bank and credit card because of the crap online banking and mobile app. From the numerous phone calls with the customer service, it appears there are big holes in their processes. dont bother

HSBCwillleaveyoustranded

HSBCwillleaveyoustrandedSouth East Queensland, QLD

HSBC Global Currency Account is aimed at travellers and they blocked the card after booking two hotels in the USA.

This account is aimed at travellers and it is an account you can basically transfer AUD to international currencies with virtually no exchange rate commission. I used it twice in the USA to book hotels after the second hotel my card was blocked off, luckily I also got a Citi Bank Global account for my trip and was able to withdraw over $1500 USD from atms without a hitch. Also HSBC just updated their App on my phone and is now asking me for the secure digital key from my previous device to log in properly which is impossible since I am on the same device or ring up, wait 20 minutes and to speak to some currycel who rushes you off the phone like with my card which never worked again.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Team is pathetic, and not Efficient at all. It takes ages to to get a simple thing done. So sorry to give a review like

Simpel example is changing the delivery address of credit cards/ looking into a transactiion which is subjecet to investigation Getting the system to intergrate with other system.

All what we have experienced is the team is very inefficient. They promised to give this & that, but not being able to delivery half of it.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account
Coral HANLON

Coral HANLONHunter Region, NSW

Rubbish service

Applied for HSBC interest free loan, recommended by travel agent. Expecting a quick acceptance as I have a credit rating of 735 which is a very good rating. after 2 weeks of phone calls telling me exactly th same thing as the many emails told me & all the paperwork that was requested was emailed to them, still no decision. Once the agent intervened & escalated my request it was another week before they emailed & told me the application was denied with no reason given.
I'm playing discrimination card here, I'm a self funded retiree, pay bills on time, have no debts, own my own home & car but still can't get a loan from them. Rubbish bank.

TopicLoan Application

Martin

MartinSydney, NSW

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers

Poor customer service, not interested in being accomodating to customers. The customer service team were not keen to accomodate my basic request so as a result I am going to move banks

TopicBusiness Banking

Judy

JudyAU

Disappointing and frustrating experience

chris

chrisSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless mobile APP

It doesn't work. Can't login. Tells me I have no internet connection. Clunky menus. I'm over it. Just use it as a savings account so I am not too bothered.

Do not bank with HSBC

I have accounts with CBA , NAB and HSBC. HSBC is the worst in everything. Online banking is crap, customer service does not know anything same as the branch staff. When you talk to the branch staff they looked at you seem to be lost.

Disgrace

Don't get within 10ft

Most incompetent bank I have ever come across. I was send a letter to register for online banking. Try to do it online and an error message came out asking me to go into a branch. I was asked to jump through hoops and loops for 50mins in the branch. The front office staff have to get a 6-digit code from HQ. Put to hang on while I waited. Next minute I was told to speak to the person on the line. Pass to a recorded message to enter some details which I did correctly but was told not. And then was told to hang on further while the call is pass back to an officer. I gave up and just walked out of the bank.

Roy

RoyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible online banking services. online website problems with inefficient overseas operators. Not recommended

2 years with this bank, unreliable at most, customer service is inefficient and unreliable. Online banking always has issues regardless of any computers/browsers you use. Rude operators overseas. Very frustrating

Worst Experience Ever - Complete Waste Of Time - 1 Start is 1 Star Too Many

Asked to Close Account and said they had to phone me back to complete, I hesitantly did so, and found out they didn't close the account, So much hard work for them action with pity excuses, even posted letter twice had no effect, NEVER USE THIS COMPANY EVER BAD BAD BAD

TopicNew Account

Never got back to me

My partner and I applied for a joint bank account. We filled out the online application. Waited two weeks and hadnt heard anything. Sent an email stating our situation and asking how our application was going. Its now been five weeks and still no response. Needless to say we have joined up to another bank.

TopicNew Account

Will NEVER use HSBC

TopicCredit Card Application

tonyv

tonyvSydney, NSW

Worst experience

I joined this bank to get their global card when travelling overseas. I've never experienced such a complex online security system in my life. Dont get me wrong, ive got nothing against online security but the HSBC login, transfer money process is a joke. It is too complex and takes too long. I mean, logging on, generating the secure keys based on what transaction your performing etc. I do internet banking with ANZ and its easy to use

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account