Hyundai Getz TB

Hyundai Getz TB (2002-2011)

GL, SX, (No Badge), etc...

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

QuarkCentral West, NSW

Wonderful little car.

Purchased in March 2010 for A$14,700.00.

Year2010
Features

One of my best investments.

Bought one in 2002 , brand new auto. Bought it to teach my 4 children to drive. They used it until they bought their own cars. Still have it , 240,000 km on the clock , just serviced it and my mechanic says she still got some life it her ......who knows , l am hoping to celebrate her 20th .

Purchased in December 2002.

Year2002
Ted

Ted

Not for me, glad it was only a hire car

Year2008
Gear Shifting

Josh

JoshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Getz are Fabulous !

My favourite car ! so much so I have 2. Cheap to buy second hand has 4 wheel disc brakes in 2005+ models , Blindingly smooth brakes of any car ever ! Cheap, cheap to maintain & cheap parts. Airbags Antilock brakes. zippy 1.6L and great inside build quality. The 1st is 2007 Sxi done 65k and the 2nd is a 2005 Sx done 300k and singing still. Pure Joys to drive ! I'd buy a 3rd just to drive an Auto but the wife would have me committed.. Driven the older 2005 model interstate with no issues.

Purchased in April 2007 at Hyundai Dealers for A$13,500.00.

Year2007
Gear Shifting
Grego

GregoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very good reliable cheap car

Purchased in September 2010.

Year2010
mbella91

mbella91

Great small car!

I bought this car after a year old as the previous owner bought a family car as didn’t need anymore. Had it for 7 years & its a great small car to drive around & havent had any issues with it. The only downside is that it isnt the best going up steep hills as its only a 1.4L but driving around the city is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2011
jeepyrocks28

jeepyrocks28Perth, WA

Other than lack of comfort, an excellent car

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
ellie

ellieYOUNG

It's a good car for me, but it's not without its issues (I give it 3.5 stars but that wasn't an opti

This was my first car and I just needed a small, cheapish runabout to get me to uni and my uni placements..and whatever after that. It does what I want, it drives, it's reliable enough and it's a good size for easy parking and it's fairly easy on the petrol. It is small and there is not much room to get very comfy, so long drives would be hard I think (I haven't driven it for longer than 1.5 hours at a time). I have had some issues with the back doors being a bit tricky too and the aircon could be better, but if you want a cheap little runabout for work, uni etc., this car is good for that.

Doors5
Date PurchasedSep 2017
Jodie

JodieNSW

Meh.. not reliable cars at all

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Mickeymouse

Mickeymouse

Fantastic!!!

Oh look at my car,it's low in cost and it's easy to put petrol in it.It's black,shiny glossy and looks great.Easy to clean and easy to run.Plenty of leg room and the carpet is plush,short style to keep clean.Compact and neat is my car,needless to say it is my car and I am very proud of my little FAMILY.

BadgeXL
Date PurchasedApr 2010
Jessica S

Jessica SAU

The perfect ride

This car is such a great drive. It’s the first car I have bought in Australia and I love it. My friend bought one back in July 2017 and she couldn’t recommend it enough. Even though it is second hand it has been so reliable and such a smooth run. Easy to use and cheap. It’s almost like it runs on fresh air.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Jimmy

JimmyHobart

Nice and cheap car

I bought the second hand one from a dealer, just cost me$2000.
It is economic style of vehicle for going to school or supermarket, it's 1.6L, very cheap for petrol.
But, Its room is a little bit squeezy, not only for seating area, but also luggage zone, can not put a big size baggage.
It's too light, so don't drive fast, easy to roll over.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Emil

Emil

Pretty good all round

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Greg R

Greg RWollongong

Still going Strong

My sporty 2 door SXi Getz is just over 10 years old and I have done 91,000km. Just had the first major service ( timing chain ). The car has only had tyres,wiper blades, a few brake lights and a thermostat (apart from oil and filters etc). This car has been 100% reliable and still looks close to new. Extremely happy with performance and costs. Hope to keep it another few years at least.

Date PurchasedMay 2007
Heartseeds

HeartseedsSydney, NSW

Great little car

Haven't had a problem except the timing belt snapping, which was my fault for not having it looked over. Gets me from a to b with no hassles and isn't too bad on fuel. It is at 250,000kms and still going strong. Would recommend for a first car, safe and reliable.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Pebbles

PebblesYarralumla

Perfect

It the best car ever driven, it small but powerful, really gets up and goes when you need it to. Parts aren't to pricey , so long as you get it serviced etc when it needs it, it should last you a life time. it great for a small persons first car, but you'll full inlove withit like me and never let it go..

Date PurchasedNov 2010
Som

SomSydney

Terrible

I bought this car second hand 2009 model. And will never buy hyundai getz again. Too many problems in this car. Too much vibration and interior was making too much sound when start the engine. It costs me $800 to fix the vibration. The only good thing about this car is can get it for cheap.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Lily

LilyGold Coast

Perfect frist car

I bought this car second hand in 2013 for only $4000, 4 years later it's still running. I have to change the oil frequently as it's now quite old, but other then that it's been running perfectly. Only costs me on average $40-45 to fill up and because I only drive about 20km a day - my petrol lasts me about 3 weeks to a month.

BadgeXL
Date PurchasedMar 2013
Viku

VikuWyndham vale

Nice small car

Bought in 2010. Automatic . Very economical. Nice pick up. Perfect for upto 4 passengers. So far no real issues. Runs very smooth. Comfortable and enough room in boot to put few bags or pram. Also you can fold back seats. Only issue i can see its 2 doors .

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Loftwah

LoftwahPerth

Cheap and reliable car

I bought this car because I needed a cheap run around. I never expected it to be as good as it is.

It isn't the fastest thing around (small hatchback) but it gets me everywhere I need to go, handles well and is a pleasant driving experience.

The stereo sounds terrible and is the only thing I would consider replacing (by then I'll probably get a new car anyway).

Very reliable and cheap to run.

Engine Size1.4L