iiNet NBN

3,510 reviews
    4.0 (2,251)
    4.1 (2,003)
    4.2 (2,305)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (84%) · No (16%)

Alexe H.

Alexe H.Perth, WA

Necessary connection to the outside world during a pandemic.

Lost wifi connection, a quick phone call to the help desk had it sorted within five minutes and I also learned how to prevent it happening again, YAY!! Happy days!

Connection TypeSatellite (Sky Muster)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic! Thanks for the review Alexe! Love to hear that not only were we able to solve the issue, but we helped ensure it won't re-occur! Thanks again. - Tal

steveclose62

steveclose62Perth, WA

First Class Service

No issues - no faults. Excellent service- iinet have the best service that I have ever experienced. Communication is excellent. Always available and helpful. As long as you keep the standard- I will always stay with Australia's best - iiNet. Thankyou all.

Connection TypeI don't know
Customer ServiceiiNet

Glad to hear we're the best in your eyes, Steve! Thanks so much for sharing your appreciation and support of us and the team here in your review! - Tal

richard

richardPerth, WA

A consistent service.

On the whole a consistent service over the last few years. Switching to NBN help solve issues with my Bose Soundtouch wireless speakers. MBPS does seem to vary, sometimes being very slow, but on the whole adequate for my needs. Switching system to a new home was a painless experience done over the phone.

Deborah Miles

Deborah MilesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it use it all the time

Occasional drop outs in busy period for about half an hour came back by itself. But not enough to worry about . Did not have to call for assistance to customer service

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

loving it

I have had a great service until the last few weeks when the nbn kept dropping out and had to reboot. iiNet where quick to sort it out when I eventually rang them. Apart from that and occasionly the speed drops to slow and we get the wheel of doom on the internet but it has been covid-19 and everybody using the service so it is expected.

Connection TypeI don't know
Customer ServiceiiNet

First class service all the way.

This telco has always provided prompt and reliable service. The line speed is consistently reliable with no dropouts or outages even when multiple devices are being used. Technical help is only a phone call away.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers Harry! We're thrilled to hear that the connection has been so stable and reliable for you, even when you're using it to its fullest. We're only a phone call away so our thanks for sticking with us!

DandymansSydney, NSW

Do not believe gimmick that they are within Australia for support. They're lying.

Been with iiNet for 3 months.
Unreliable connection, advertise minimum upload and download speeds which are never met but wont reduce price they charge you. Constant drop outs.
Call support and get thick Indian accents who, when asked, say they cannot disclose where they are. Operators don't know how to use their own phone systems, on hold and can't reconnect, answer with a simple confused 'hello'. No introduction to company or their name.
No reliable internet & trying to work from home means I am losing even more money in this pandemic. Absolute crap.

Pat

PatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Suits our usage needs

Our speed has improved. Very few if any dropouts - sometimes when on Zoom. We have had no issues. Ordering and installation was very smooth - all the staff were so helpful

Start DateMay 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you Pat! We are thrilled to hear that your speed has improved and that you have few dropouts, with installation going very well. This is something that we take great pride in, so our sincere thanks!

Rani L.

Rani L.Sydney, NSW

So far so good - good download speeds (but early days yet) !

No dropouts yet. And I am told I don't have to reboot the modem frequently. iinet staff are very helpful and stay on the case until issues are resolved fully.

Start DateJune 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Rani, we can't thank you enough for your patience with us when you've needed to reach out. We're thrilled to see that your connection has been so reliable for you!

RozGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great product

iiNet made the connection seamless. Great communication throughout. The service is reliable and not had any drop outs. One problem ,I contacted iiNet who did a system check immediately, and found it related to the NBN connection and contacted NBN and a technician was onsite next morning and fixed. iiNet later contacted me to check all was fixed.

Start DateFebruary 2020
Roz

Thanks have already recommended iiNet to my neighbor and she is now a customer. I have been with iiNet when it was aapt . Always good service.

Indispensable, use it every day for so many things.

The connection has not let us down since its installation at this address. We use it for web browsing, online banking, online purchases, bill paying as well as streaming TV programs. The only problem was with the initial connection and that was dealt with promptly.

Start DateMarch 2020
Fransc

FranscSydney, NSW

Not 100% Happy

There are still the same intermittent drop outs as before. Disappointing.
More expensive than my previous plan and no improvement.

Well if I must have at least 30 words I’ll just be more negative so let’s leave it at that.

Start DateMay 2020

Happy with the service

I've been a customer with iinet for a long time and am happy with the service they provide. There have been some hiccups along the way when transferring services but the customer support provided has been prompt and any issues were resolved in a timely manner.

Start DateJanuary 2000
Customer ServiceiiNet

John, we couldn't be happier to have been able to lend a hand. transferring service can have hiccups and your patience is something that we're humbled to have had during the process. Thank you!

Bill

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

NBN has been effective.

Connection is good. Speed is close to what was advertised. Service reliable. We have not had any dropouts. Service is good in all parts of the house and close proximity outside.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Bill, this is what we want to see! Good speeds, no dropouts, the service working exactly as you intended. Thank you very much!

Peter H

Peter HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

great service apart from NBN...fails intermittently

I would say the service is reasonably reliable..have had a few short time failures..but generally speaking is pretty good.
Being a former Telstra tech i would put this down to NBN rather than Iinet.
Iinet service is in the main first class...because of slight hearing loss i sometimes have a minor problem deciphering some of the service reps from overseas..but this is my fault not my providers. Always dealt with courtousey and good technical knowledge and resoved promptly

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Find out how iiNet NBN compares to other Internet Service Providers

Great help when my account was threatened!

Recently my account was threatened by someone trying to access it. The account was blocked and I was given excellent help to restore my account and change my password. My call was answered without waiting and staff were really helpful and gave me tips for my new password.

Simon F.

Simon F.South East Queensland, QLD

great customer service

Had a power outage the other day , NBN modem lost connection , got straight onto help line with virtually no wait , tech support reset modem from their end , back online . What a difference to my experience with Telstra...

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateNovember 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Glad to hear the team could get you back online right away, Simon! Thanks for sharing your experience and support of us and the team here! - Tal

Kat

KatPerth, WA

Never had a problem, great service

Very reliable connection, didn't notice any dropouts.
Customer service is very helpful if we have any enquiries or issues. Friendly staffs and know what they are doing, quick action and good attitude

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateDecember 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic to hear that our team have been a help to you, Kat. Thank you for sharing your review and support of us here. - Tal

BernardH

BernardHMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Been with iiNet for 17 years

Start DateFebruary 2019
Fred R.

Fred R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Never had any real problems.

Never had any dropouts and any personal problems have been dealt with expertly and promptly with a phone call. The operators have always been helpful and resolved problems efficiently. I have been with iinet for decades.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Extremely glad to hear that the team have been of assistance to you in resolving any matters that occur, Fred! Thanks for sharing your feedback and support for all your years with us here. - Tal

Milan D.asked

NBN

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Jan H.asked

NBN 50

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers