iiNet NBN

• Adequate Speeds Yes (85%) · No (15%)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (1%) · No (99%)
    4.3 (1,491)
    4.3 (1,757)
    4.1 (1,720)

Wayne M.

Wayne M.Hunter Region, NSW

Great support

When the connection was first connected, a lot of stability issues, iiNet was there to assist, arranged an NBN representative to rectify the issue, I admit it took a few site visits for NBN to resolve the problem.
The followup by iiNet was there each time to check on the issue to resolution.

Start DateSeptember 2017

Jezza

Jezza

A necessity in the twenty first century

Connection....can be very erratic at times but as a moderate user, we get by.
Had an issue some years ago and dish on roof was found to be faulty....replaced quickly and efficiently despite being a wet day....repair guy was very pleasant.

Start DateFebruary 2014
Connection TypeWireless
Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear, Jezza! Please stay in touch if the connection becomes more erratic, as we can always have technicians return to your property if need be.

Technical Support Help Desk

I have been unable to access the full suite of information in relation to my account on the Toolbox Dashboard. The operator was very patient and helpful in explaining to me how to go about fixing this issue. Problem Solved! Thank you

Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear, Sacha! We want to make sure that you can view all the information available to you in Toolbox, so we're delighted to have been able to assist.

Anthony Gross

Anthony GrossIllawarra, NSW

works fine but not as fast as my previous ADSL connection.

The NBN service works OK and handles Netflix and Email well but my overall connection seems to be slower than my previous ADSL connection was.
My service from iinet with any technical matters has been excellent.

A happy netspace customer for 25 years

Netspace has been my isp since 1994 first as dialup, then modum and then nbn - netspace hosted my business website until I wound up my company 3 years ago - there were very few issues when iiNet bought out netspace, and also when iiNet took up management of my nbn connection, and I remain one of the original netspace customers

Start DateJanuary 1994
Customer ServiceiiNet

We couldn't be more delighted to hear this, especially from such a long time customer as yourself, since your time with Netspace. Thank you so very much!

robandbeth

robandbethGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very very very happy with the service

10/10. Yes it's that good. No drop outs yet, that I can recall. If we have issues, (in the past on ADSL, your team have always been there to assist. We are very satisfied with your assistance and support.

Start DateJune 2009
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks very much, Rob and Beth! Brilliant to hear how happy you are with us and the service provided to you! - Tal

Bernie Hogan

Bernie HoganGowrie 2904, ACT

Imperfect, but better than ADSL2

Daily dropouts, unfortunately, not iiNets fault, just an inferior scheme installed by Government design that reflects their lack of foresight and commitment.
iinet have been very good service providers and have helped deal with any issues quickly and seamlessly.

Very satisfied

We have experienced no dropouts and the service is very reliable. I am satisfied with the service. We have numerous devices using the service and it is able to cope.

Start DateDecember 2018
Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeI don't know
Customer ServiceiiNet

That's excellent to hear Justin! We're stoked to know that your NBN connection with us is working like a dream and look forward to continuing this trend onward and upwards! Thanks for your review and for your support :) - Tal

Bob

BobGippsland, VIC

Good for a failed NBN

iiNet offers the best they can through a flawed NBN, thanks Malcolm Turnbull for Nothing.

The NBN FTTN has been the worst thing inflicted on Australian consumers by any government in living memory. Any sort of thunderstorm res\ulting in lightening striking the old PMG/Telecom/Telstra copper phone lines renders the NBN including VOIP telephones useless.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Adequate Speeds No
Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the shoutout and review here, Bob! Glad to hear that you like the service we're providing you and looking forward to delivering bigger and better things in future :) - Tal

Shane C.

Shane C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

NBN with constant super speed!

Perfect NBN service and great support. As a loyal customer since dial up internet days, I am happy to stay with iiNet and look forward to utilising more exciting products

Start DateDecember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Definitely a long term tenure with us if it's since dial-up, Shane! Thanks a lot for sharing your review and support for us here! - Tal

Alby

AlbyPerth, WA

I never thought that I would use the internet as much as I do at the age of 80.

Even though I'm basically a casual user of this network, I've found them to be very reliable and helpful when any form of problem that occurs, always rectified quickly and efficiently.

Start DateAugust 2005
Data TypeCapped Data

Deb

DebMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very satisfied with Service

Originally an Adam customer and decided to stay when they changed to iiNet. Easy and hassle free move to NBN. Fast and efficient service, suits our needs perfectly. Few dropouts but they were neighbourhood outages and service was restored quickly with updates via SMS. Technical help has on the most part been good but with some language barrier misunderstandings mostly concerning the Fetch service and billing issues. All resolved now.

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Tony

TonyPerth, WA

Excellent reception no problems to date

Initially we had problems with NBN which were resolved quickly with the help of iiNet. The down load speeds are very good of a 50MB plan we are receiving 47.5 MB
I would also like to say that having been a customer with iiNet for 20 years I have found the company to be extremely helpful whenever I have had a problem with my computer and connection. Nothing is to much trouble, keep up the good work well done iiNet.

Start DateMay 2000
Customer ServiceiiNet

Tony, we can't thank you enough for your 20 years with us! We do hope that the standard of service that we provide has helped to keep you with us and we hope to keep meeting your needs well into the future.

Could not be happier

Over 11 years exemplary service, prompt, helpful, reliable. 1 NBN dropout in 6 months, fixed the next morning. Much quicker downloads. I Would recommend them to anyone. John, aged 77.

Start DateMay 2009
Connection TypeI don't know
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you so much for your lovely review and rating, John! Glad to have had you with for over a decade now and looking forward to continuing this trend! - Tal

Aye, Aye, Net

Fairly reliable. No drop outs at night. Drop outs during the day occur seemingly when it is very hot or when there is a possible overload, like school holidays when kids are playing games and downloading God knows what. The company never tells me what the problem is when dropouts occur. The service just comes back on.
Issues involving software tangles have been dealt with by the company with alacrity when reported.
Every month I receive a spam, allegedly from iinet telling me that here is a problem with my payment and asking for bank details. I have recently reported this to iinet.

Start DateMarch 2015

They are amazing

great service and great company thank you so much. Easy to use and fast replies. I highly recommend iinet to everyone. All my family and friends use them as well.

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

This is a wonderful recommendation, Amanda! We are so incredibly thankful for it and hope to be able to continue to help you in the future.

Tahlia

TahliaWestern Australia

Great product

Connection has been reliable so far and I have not experienced any dropouts.
The company was easy to deal with and the employees I spoke to were helpful and explained everything really well.

Start DateJune 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Tahlia, we couldn't be happier to hear this, today, so thank you so very much for allowing our team to help you.

Milan D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

2 weeks - 4 weeks no difference?

When we were about to make a deal I asked about second invoice. I was told by call center agent that it will be one month after the service is provided. And then two weeks later - the invoice was there. So I was charged for waiting of the modem and for waiting of connection set up. Interesting?

Start DateDecember 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Absolutely love iiNet and their NBN!

Always fast and reliable, never had any problems. Only issue that’s happened is with the recent power outage but the operator has organised for the earliest booking to have it fixed. The most reliable provider I’ve had.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

We are extremely happy to hear of your experience with us, Nicholas! Thanks for taking the time to pass it on!

IInet NBN

IInet have been my provider since taking over Adam Internet, they have always been exemplary in the service provided and with dealing with any issues that have arisen. The connection has been very stable with only very rare dropouts, excellent overall.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Tom, thank you so very much for sticking with us since your days with Adam Internet and we couldn't be more delighted to hear that we've been able to help with any issues that has arisen.

Milan D.asked

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Jan H.asked

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives