iiNet NBN

Had this service for about 10 months now and have had no problems!

Internet can be a bit slow sometimes but very rarely, generally great connection. I have been a customer of iiNet for 9 years. Great customer service. Would definitely recommend iiNet.

Start DateAugust 2011
Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Worst service provider known to mankind

You’ll have to wait on hold for hours to talk to anyone and when you do, they’re almost incomprehensible. Repeated lies and false promises coupled with slow speeds. I honestly wouldn’t recommend these to my worst enemies. Offensively appalling.

Contract Type24-month contract
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Very happy with the service

I’ve had no issues with IiNet or NBN. Very pleased with speeds and had no connectivity issues since I moved here over 2 years ago. Customer service has been excellent.

Start DateSeptember 2017
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Valerie, we are delighted to see that the connection has worked so well for you for the past two years and we look forward to many more trouble free years ahead! - Leo

Great service, friendly staff..

We have been with iiNet for a few years now and We have only ever had 2 drop out with this service and is always fixed fast and the internet speed is fast.. we love the service we get from the friendly staff members..

Start DateFebruary 2017
Thanks so very much, Ashleyjane, we are so happy to hear this! - Leo

Absolutely Poor Customer Service

I have been a customer of iinet for 20 years and I'm about to terminate the relationship due to woefully poor customer service. 2 months ago I was invoiced for a service that I no longer had as well as a new service. I sent 2 emails to get it fixed but they just ignored me and took the money out of my bank account anyway. I have had to make many phone calls to try and get this sorted but nobody cares. Their voice id thing doesn't work so I'm continually having to give out my personal private information or they won't talk to me. I get promises of action and feedback then they forget about me. They have people in the call centre whose job is to run interference so you can't lodge complaints or get anything escalated to someone senior who might care. If you send emails they just send an acknowledgment email back... then nothing. Absolutely hopeless!

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Extremely Disappointed, Thanks for your review and we do apologise for the poor experience. As discussed privately, we have requested assistance from our Customer Relations team and we can see that they have been in contact with you to address your concerns. Your remarks about staff running interference are incorrect and not factual. All issues are dealt with via the Complaint Handling Policy: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/Complaint_Handling_Policy We've engaged this policy for you and we're more than happy to keep leveraging this process for you. We aim to respond to e-mails within 2 working days. There will be times when this is not met due to high workloads. We do apologise for this. If a Billing issue is urgent, we do strongly recommend speaking to our Billing team directly via 13 22 58, especially as we aren't able to resolve some issues via e-mail, due to privacy and security concerns. We do apologise if the Voice ID function is not working. In that case, we do fallback to the standard 9 Point Identification option, which we are required to use when Voice ID fails, to safeguard your account. We're always happy to continue to assist as needed, so please don't hesitate to get in touch via the methods discussed privately with you. - LeoMy remarks about staff running interference are 100% correct and factual. Please don't patronise me. Iinet have had 2 months to respond and sort this out and if they even bothered to listen to the phone calls they would know that I'm being truthful. You should get your staff to read the complaint handling policy as it is clearly just window dressing.

Nothing but trouble, no way to get on-line help

My son recommended iiNet as one of the best - if so the rest must be terrible. I can't connect to iiNet through Outlook, have tried all their so-called "help" tips and contacted them several times by email only to be ignored, so still using my Optus email. Can't send email through iiNet either. No person-to-person online help available except when they're trying to suck you in as a customer. I will be ditching them as soon as I can, believe me!!

Contract Type12-month contract
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Hi Wendy C, Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear about your e-mail issues! This certainly isn't what we want to see for you. We'd love to hear from you so we can investigate this and arrange further assistance. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us directly, with your details and mentioning your review here, to iiOnline@iinet.net,au. We can then locate your account and have you called to be helped with sorting this out. - Leo

Great for our needs.

We have had the NBN connection for a year. There were several brief dropouts in the early days but has been very reliable. We have had an internet connection with iinet for over 16 years. The support provided by iinet over the years has been very impressive, particularly over the phone.

Start DateAugust 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Peter we are absolutely positively thrilled to bits to read this. 16 years with us and the NBN working well after a few early hiccups? Priceless! Thank you so much for being with us and we look forward to many, many more years together. - Leo

Your right to a working service.

My name is •••• ••••. I am aged 80 years, retired and in receipt of the Age Pension, and I live at Woy Woy on the Central Coast of New South Wales.

The property at Woy Woy [known as The Regional Arcade] was built in the 1960s with shops downstairs and offices upstairs and, as such, the premises would then have been wired for telephones. In the 1980s, the offices upstairs were converted to residential premises. The NBN technician says [4/12/17] that the shops downstairs are wired for telephones, but the units upstairs are, apparently, not wired for telephones.

The data cable being 30 metres of Cat 6 Solid Core UTP Network Cable purchased from Jaycar at Tuggerah [3/3/18] has now been installed [18/5/19].

Monday 3/6/19 – Signed up [online] with iiNet for their NBN12 FTTN 500 service.

Monday 3/6/19 – Received e-mail message from [name removed], Chief Operating Officer, iiNet. This is just a quick note to confirm that the payment details you supplied in your iiNet order have been saved to your iiNet account. These payment details will be used to automatically pay your iiNet invoices. If you supplied bank account details, please note that debit requests will typically be made several days before the invoice due date to make sure the payment clears in time. Credit cards will typically debit on the invoice due date. If your payment details ever change or expire, please call us on 13 22 58 and we’ll be happy to help you update them. Your reference number is ••••••••••.

Monday 3/6/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Here are the details of your order: Request: New Service; Installation address: ••/• ••• ••••••••••, ••• •••, ••• ••••; NBN technology: FTTN; Plan: NBN12 FTTN 500; Contract term: 24 months; Username: ••••••••; NBN phone number (VoIP): 0 (new); Order reference: •••••••; Customer reference: ••••••••••. What happens next: 1. Your order will be checked and accepted within 1-5 business days. 2. Once your order is accepted, we’ll send you an email and SMS to confirm your NBN installation appointment (if required). 3. Any hardware included with your order will be dispatched and should arrive within 2-5 business days. 4. Your NBN service will be connected and tested to confirm everything’s working. Your contact details: Contact name: •••• ••••; Contact email: ••••••••@••••••••.•••.••; Contact number: ••••••••••; Contact address: ••/• ••• ••••••••••, ••• •••, ••• ••••.

Tuesday 4/6/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Welcome to the iiFamily! While we’re introducing ourselves, we thought we’d also share a few tools that will help you save time and manage your account with ease. You can quickly check the status of your broadband order online. You can even request to reschedule your installation appointment if you need to. You don’t need to wait on the phone if you can do it online in Toolbox. This handy customer portal lets you: • Update payment details and contact details; • Change your plan; • Check your data usage; • Download invoices and more. If you need a hand with your services, we’ve got you covered with iiHelp. It’s packed with easy, step-by-step setup and troubleshooting guides for all your iiNet services, including iiNet modem setup guides. Follow us on social media to get the heads up on network updates, competitions, pro tips for being online and more.

Friday 7/6/19 – Received invoice from iiNet. Invoice Date: 07 Jun 2019; Invoice Number: •••••••••; Account Number: ••••••••••. NBN12 FTTN 500 Activation Fee – NBN (waived $0.00) WiFi Modem purchase (waived) $0.00 WiFi Modem Delivery Fee (once-off) $10.00 First month’s service (pre-paid monthly fee) $59.99 Internet Total $69.99

Friday 7/6/19 – Received text message from iiNet. iiNet 2 Your initial payment has been successful. See your email or log in at https://toolbox3.iinet. net.au with username •••••••• - iiNet 3:41PM You can track your iiNet NBN order online at https:// toolbox3.iinet.net.au with username •••••••• - iiNet 3:45PM

Friday 7/6/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Please find the invoice for your initial iiNet payment attached to this email. Payment has been automatically debited from your nominated credit card or bank account, so you don’t need to do a thing. Username: ••••••••; Invoice Number: •••••••••; Issued and paid on: 07 Jun 2019; Amount paid: $69.99 This payment covers initial charges such as setup and hardware fees, and a prepayment of one month of service fees for your selected iiNet plan and, if applicable, any setup and hardware fees. Once your iiNet service is activated, your prepayment will be credited back to your account and you’ll be billed for your service starting from the day of activation.

Friday 7/6/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. What happens next: 1. Your order has now been accepted. 2. If needed, we’ll confirm your NBN installation appointment via email and SMS within the next 1-2 business days. 3. We’ll dispatch any hardware (e.g. modem) in your order and send you a tracking number by email and SMS. 4. Your NBN service will be connected and tested to confirm everything’s working.

Wednesday 3/7/19 – The order still displays “Pending Activate”.

Wednesday 3/7/19 – The text entitled “Your right to a working service” was extracted from the ACMA web page. We’ve introduced new rules to make sure that you’re not left without a telco service when moving to the NBN. These new rules mean that everyone involved – your telco, wholesaler providers and NBN Co – must work together to manage your move to the NBN with as little disruption to your telco services as possible.

Wednesday 3/7/19 – Letter to Chief Executive Officer, Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA). Your web page entitled “Your right to a working service” states (in part): We’ve introduced new rules to make sure that you’re not left without a telco service when moving to the NBN. These new rules mean that everyone involved – your telco, wholesaler providers and NBN Co – must work together to manage your move to the NBN with as little disruption to your telco services as possible. If there is a disruption to your telco services when you are moving to the NBN, your telco needs to offer you an alternative arrangement or access to an equivalent service type (i.e., Internet and/or phone) while they sort it out. If it takes more than 20 working days to get your NBN service working, your telco must develop a plan specifically for you, directed at getting your service working as soon as possible. Your telco must give you a copy of that plan. I signed up with iiNet on 3/6/19 for their NBN12 FTTN 500 service and for which I have paid upfront the amount of $69.99. The order, as at 3/7/19 (today), still displays “Pending Activate”, and there has been no further communication from iiNet since 7/6/19. That letter with enclosures (printouts) was copied to iiNet Limited and NBN Co for their information.

Monday 15/7/19 – Received e-mail message from NBN Co Case Management Team. Thank you for letting us know about your recent complaint with NBN Co. We understand that your complaint case ••••••• has now been closed and we would like feedback about your experience with NBN Co and, in particular the Case Manager who handled your complaint. The role of NBN Co Case Managers is to liaise with different business areas of NBN Co to help either resolve your complaint or explain to you why it cannot be resolved, and to keep you informed about the progress of your complaint if required. You will not always be directly contacted by a Case Manager but they will be working on your case behind the scenes to ensure its resolution is on track. In this case your NBN Co Case Manager was: ••••••••• ••••. If you would like to provide us with feedback about your Case Manager or your experience with NBN Co, please click the link below to complete a brief survey. Please note that all feedback is confidential and will only be used for quality purposes. Start the survey.

Wednesday 17/7/19 – Letter to Chief Executive Officer, NBN Co. That e-mail message was addressed to “••• ••••• <••••••••@••••••••.•••.••>” from “NBN Co Case Management Team <casemanagersurvey@nbnco.com.au>” subject “We’d like feedback on your experience with your NBN Co Case Manager”, and which e-mail address was used as the contact address for the said sign up with iiNet on 3/6/19 and, as such, could only have been acquired by NBN Co by way of “We have forwarded your application to NBN Co for provisioning.”. The enclosure named iiNet Toolbox Web Pages Pics Page.pdf (printout) shows that the order, as at 17/7/19 (today), still displays “Pending Activate”, and there has been no further communication from iiNet since 7/6/19 as per the enclosure named E-mail 7/6/19 1925.pdf (printout). Given that there has been no communication with your NBN Co Case Manager, ••••••••• ••••, I am at a loss to understand why your NBN Co Case Management Team would be expecting me to “Start the survey”.

Wednesday 24/7/19 – Received e-mail message from ••••••••• ••••, Lead Resolution Manager – Senior Escalations Team [NBN Co]. We have received a letter advising that you did not receive an acknowledgement of your letter to ACMA and sent to NBN for our notification. You may have received this by now however please find a copy attached. That letter as per the copy attached was dated 10/7/19. Dear Mr ••••, Re: NBN ID ••••••• I am writing in response to your letter of 3 July 2019 addressed to the Chief Executive Officer of ACMA. NBN senior executives were also sent this mail. Thank you again for contacting us in relation to your service. While the questions raised in the letter were not directed at NBN and therefore I will not respond to these directly, I have reviewed your address for active orders placed. Unfortunately your address and the address on the correspondence does not have a corresponding wholesale order for service as of the date of this letter. For this reason, I would recommend you speak with iiNet directly as this address is able to be connected (once service is ordered) at any time. It remains a serviceable property via fibre to the node technology with the last service disconnected by your previous retail provider in March 2018. Should you have any further queries or require assistance from NBN, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via phone on (02) •••• •••• or alternatively via email at •••••••••••••@nbnco.com.au

Thursday 25/7/19 – Received e-mail message from ••••••••• ••••. There remains no order for service at your property •/•-• ••• ••••••••••, ••• •••. I would recommend speaking with iiNet as it appears the intended order has not come through to us.

Wednesday 31/7/19 – Lodged claim with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT). What orders do you want? An order that the ordered iiNet NBN12 FTTN 500 broadband service (Order reference: ••••••• / Customer reference: ••••••••••) be cancelled without penalty. An order that the amount of $69.99 paid upfront (Invoice Date 07 Jun 2019 / Invoice Number ••••••••• / Account Number •••••••••• / Internet Total $69.99) be refunded in full. An order that the amount of $500.00 be paid by way of compensation due, apparently, to the unconscionable negligence of iiNet Limited in their failing to fulfil their obligation, namely, “1. Your order has now been accepted; 2. If needed, we’ll confirm your NBN installation appointment via email and SMS within the next 1-2 business days; 3. We’ll dispatch any hardware (e.g. modem) in your order and send you a tracking number by email and SMS; and 4. Your NBN service will be connected and tested to confirm everything’s working.” and, also namely, to fulfil their obligation in accordance with the ACMA “Your right to a working service” requirement. ALTERNATIVELY An order that the ordered iiNet NBN12 FTTN 500 broadband service (Order reference: ••••••• / Customer reference: ••••••••••) be expedited as per the ACMA “Your right to a working service” requirement. An order that upon activation and testing (4. Your NBN service will be connected and tested to confirm everything’s working.) of the ordered iiNet NBN12 FTTN 500 broadband service a “goodwill credit” be applied to the Account Number •••••••••• being $59.99 per month for six (6) months amounting to a total of $359.94.

Tuesday 6/8/19 – Notice of hearing received at Woy Woy postal address, and, presumably, by iiNet the following day.

Friday 9/8/19 – Received e-mail message from ••••••••• ••••. I can see that a service was ordered and connected yesterday [8/8/19]. This is a TPG order (which may be iiNet).

Friday 9/8/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Your iiNet hardware order has been dispatched via StarTrack, so it should arrive within 2-5 business days. Please allow 2 extra business days for delivery to rural areas. Tracking number: •••••••••••• You can track your delivery by entering your tracking number on the StarTrack website athJps://startrack.com.au/.

Friday 9/8/19 – Received text message. iiNet Your hardware order (account #••••••••••) has been dispatched. Track it at startrack.com.au with tracking number •••••••••••• - iiNet 11:44PM

Monday 12/8/19 – Received call from •••• ••••••••• [to discuss NCAT claim]. Call (08) •••• •••• Incoming call 9:28am, Monday, 12 August 2019 10 mins 30 secs

Monday 12/8/19 – Received call from iiNet Tech Support [to arrange visit by iiNet technician]. Call (08) 6263 6363 Incoming call 5:23pm, Monday, 12 August 2019 5 mins 20 secs

Monday 12/8/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Your new iiNet NBN service is ready. To get online, you need to do the following: Plug in your NBN modem as shown in its setup guide. Settings for third-party modems are available here. If you have an NBN Phone service, plug in your handset and attempt to make a call. If you can't get online, please call us on 13 22 58 for assistance. Your reference number is ••••••••••. Please note that we will commence billing for your NBN service (username: ••••••••) on [?????]. After this, you will not be entitled to compensation for inactive NBN services except where it is confirmed that a service fault was the cause of inactivity. If all of your NBN equipment is plugged in but you still can't get online, please call us on 13 22 58 at your earliest opportunity so we can help you troubleshoot. Your reference number is ••••••••••.

Monday 12/8/19 – Received text message. iiNet 2 Please plug in your new NBN modem so you can get online. Setup guide: https://iinet.net. au/modems. Queries: call 13 22 58 - iiNet 7:16PM

Tuesday 13/8/19 – Received call from NBN technician. Private number Incoming call 1:56pm, Tuesday, 13 August 2019 5 mins 1 secs

Tuesday 13/8/19 – Received visit by NBN technician. The iiNet NBN service is now up and running thanks to an NBN technician who did the customer side jumpering of the data cable and saw that the service was operational before leaving the property.

Tuesday 13/8/19 – Received e-mail message from The iiNet Team. Your iiNet NBN Service has been activated and billing has commenced. Please follow these guides to plug in your NBN-ready modem and attempt to get online: Modem setup videos (for modems supplied by iiNet) Modem setup guides (for modems supplied by iiNet) NBN settings (for third-party modems) Please note that if you choose to use a third-party NBN modem instead of one supplied by us, your NBN Phone service will not be available. To manage your iiNet account online, please log in to your Customer Portal with your username and password. If you've forgoFen your password, please use our Password Recovery Tool.

Tuesday 13/8/19 – Received text message. iiNet Your new NBN service (account #••••••••••) is now active. See your email for details - iiNet 8:27PM

Friday 16/8/19 – Lodged withdrawal of claim with the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).

Friday 16/8/19 – Received e-mail message from Andrew O'Connor, General Manager – Product, iiNet. Can we please ask for your help? It’s a brave new digital world, and we’d like you to share your iiNet experience online to help others make an informed decision when choosing a new Internet Service provider. If you’re willing to help us out please click on the link below to leave a review. Leave a review.

Start DateAugust 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for such a comprehensive summary of your experience there, Dys. We're pleased to hear that the service is now connected at the end of the line and up and running. If you do have any further matters you'd like to raise, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email on iiOnline@iinet.net.au with further details so that we might assist. - Tal

Great Customer Experience

I have been an iinet customer for over twenty years. Just upgraded to the NBN and want to congratulate all involved on a seamless transition and a reliable, super fast connection. Here's to another twenty!

Start DateAugust 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
That is excellent to hear your move to NBN went off without a hitch, Glenn! Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your appreciation. We appreciate it and your support a lot! - Tal

Amazing reliability - and excellent service when it goes down

I started off with ADSL, choosing iiNet because it was listed as the best available by some computer magazine (early 2000s I think). I had the $80 per month service, and stuck with that amount when NBN came along. At first I thought I was stuck on the 25 speed, not realising I could do better for the same amount, until I saw something in the iiNet newsletter saying I should be getting up to 50. Changed over, though iiNet warned I might not get it, but my speed immediately exactly doubled to 47.6 download, and quadrupled to 18.8 upload, where it has remained ever since (+/- a decimal point or two now and again, by the Speedtest app - also recommended). But the best thing has been the iiNet backup service - despite the long haul to South Africa with NBN (it was even a long haul from Newcastle to Perth), I have nothing but praise for their competence in fixing faults and minor problems, plus patience, good attitude, politeness, etc. Even at 3.00 in the morning their time, when I had an apparent outage of the internet the other day. Believe it when they advertise the are the best in the business.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
DoM, many hearty thanks! We are very much humbled by your praise and we're extremely happy to hear that you've been with us for so long. Thanks for allowing us to upgrade you to NBN and for your patience and understanding when speaking to our team as well. Cheers! - Leo

Terrific Customer Service

I have been with Iinet for 8 years now and would not even consider going elsewhere. They are always helpful if I need to call them but I rarely have to call. The connection is always great. I think I can recall 1 dropout in the last 6 months or so - and this was fixed by switching off and then on again. No complaints and I think these days, that is a rarity.

Start DateJanuary 2011
Connection TypeWireless
Hi Tanya, We simply can't thank you enough for your kind words today. We are very humbled by this! - Leo

Essential in my remote community

When Telstra lines are affected I can rely on my iiNet service to keep me connected. I rely on it to download my Netflix movies and episodes and my foxtel on demand service. Living in a remote community it keeps me connected to my emails and to surf the net and to do online business and banking.

Start DateApril 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
We're proud to be able to keep you connected, Bono! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! Cheers! - Joshy

Not worth it. So maddening

Very slow speeds frequently. Just drives me crazy. I did upgrade from a lower rate a few months ago. Havent noticed much difference. I keep checking my computer protection to ensure it is functioning properly.

Connection TypeI don't know
Sorry to hear about your speed issues, CathB. We'd love to investigate what's happening with your connection and help get the most out of your line. If you'd like to send us any details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au we'll jump in and get some tests underway and have someone that can help give you a call. - Joshy

It has worked very well. I'm glad I switched.

We've been with iinet for several years. When NBN came out we were not sure, but thought we'd give it a try. We have been very pleased with the service.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you so much! We're delighted to hear that your upgrade went well for you and that the connection has made you happy! - Leo

Our new NBN is working great

The connection has been working as planned , we have not experienced any drop outs,the speed is good, We have been with iinet for 16 years and have found them very easy to deal with.

Start DateMarch 2003
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
This is awesome, Dolly! Thanks so very much, especially as you've been with us for the past 16 years. We really appreciate hearing from you. - Leo

I use the NBN full time connection is very good

Connection is solid no drop out never run out of data
Any issues resolved immediately
Recently had issue with credit card payment company arranged continuous supply until card issue resolved very good service
Operator charming and helpfull

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thanks so much! We are thrilled to bits to read this and we're glad that we were able to help, especially during the billing issue that you recently had. - Leo

Excellent Service

Have been with Iinet for 14 years. Have never had a complaint or been dissapointed by the products and service. Very helpful with the NBN changeover. Staff are friendly and patient in working through minor issues that have arisen from time to time. Connection is totally reliable. Would recommend to anyone to try it out.

Start DateAugust 2005
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Barry W, thanks so much for your 14 years with us and we're thrilled that your upgrade to NBN has gone so well, with our staff being able to lend a hand along the way! - Leo

love the good connections and speed

the connection is very good and we dont experience many drop outs, but it drops out now and then and the speed is also good all issues are being dealt with

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Cheers Blue! Sorry to hear about the dropouts but we will work to resolve these for you. Continue to stay in touch with the team and they'll lend a hand. Thank you so much for being with us! - Leo

Awesome love the service

Awesome customer service the man on lie helped me immediately solved my problem ask me how my day was and could he help me with any other enquires. I felt very happy after call.

Thanks so much Tammi! We are thrilled that the team was able to help you. - Leo

Easy installation

Easy installation. No fuss and all is working well. This level seems fine for Netflix etc but am considering going up to the next higher speed but no dropouts at this speed.

Start DateJanuary 2003
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Cheers Trev and thanks for your review! Did you know that you can upgrade your plan via Toolbox? Worth considering for sure. - Leo

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready . For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon. We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube . We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line . We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours... Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet. I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service. Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .
I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the futureHi Cris, We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise. Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand. - LeoHi Giovanni, I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support . iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support? Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN
Hi Neddy, Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/ This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services. The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers - JoshyDon’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoeverThat is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

iiNet NBN 12iiNet NBN 50iiNet NBN 100iiNet NBN 25
Monthly Price $39.99$79.99$99.99$44.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBN
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimitedUnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited