iiNet NBN

4.1 (2,025)
    4.2 (1,779)
    4.2 (2,069)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (84%) · No (16%)

ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Porting Failure

Start DateJune 1995

Task 330654152
I have also emailed you with more details.
Given the Easter long weekend looms please restore my NBN today just as you turned it off today.

Terry O.

Terry O.Perth, WA

technical support like it should be

I have been with iinet for 14 years. I migrated to the NBN about 12 months ago. Lately I started experiencing connection drop outs. I called iinet on Sunday and talked to a chap from South Africa. After reviewing the facts he suggested that it was an NBN problem. He called Monday to inform me the request to NBN had been submitted after manditory 6 hour monitoring. I then received messages that an NBN technician would visit on Tuesday. The NBN technician arrived, attached a device to the phone line in the house and left to check the line. He was back in less than an hour to say the problem was an NBN port and that he had allocated another port. I checked and the internet was back.

Start DateJune 2006

STAY CLEAR OF IINET!

Worst customer service I've ever had! My partner and I moved house and were told it'll all be plug and play ready to go. After we plugged and had no play we did some research and were missing an nbn box which iiNet then decided to tell us we required and would send out. 2 weeks later and 2 sales reps later we still had no hardware delivered then found out they hadn't even put the order through.
We changed providers and now are still waiting on iiNet to cancel our connection before we can activate our new service which is proving difficult.

Start DateApril 2015

Ross

RossVictoria

Reliable and helpful

In my 16 years as a customer I have experienced some dropouts, not many recently, and they have always been promptly corrected. In my interactions with staff they have always been patient, courteous and helpful, and my problems have been resolved as quickly as possible.

Terrible Service

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateApril 2020
BethCoral

BethCoralSydney, NSW

IINet/Westnet can't even get me the right modem for my NBN

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Great internet access and service

I have been a long time customer of iinet and am very happy with my internet access. I have very rare interruptions of the years of connectivity and when I have needed to call their customer service line, when moving, they have always been great at explaining what I need to do to get up and running again.

Start DateApril 2015

Simple install

Changed from ADSL2 over to NBN25. So simple and network delivering consistently even with 3 of us using the net continually. Had one issue an tech support was very helpful.

Start DateJanuary 2006
Mich

MichFar North Queensland, QLD

I can live without iinet

One employee decides to be nice and now they have reneged on their offer. If I wasn't in a contract I would leave Iinet asap. I repeat Iinet staff suck

Start DateJanuary 2016

Michelle

MichellePerth, WA

This is a perfect service!

A Fantastic service especially as there are 2 PlayStation 4’s always active in my home and with myself working from home using remote access. I can’t fault it! Thanks iinet

Start DateJuly 2019
Contract Type12-month contract

New NBN

Beats the ADSL2.. we were at the end of the line & it kept dropping out regularly. No longer an issue- 2 people streaming at once, but works perfectly. Have also added home phone- set up took longer than it should have (but user error!) and connected Fetch as well. As long as you read the instructions & don't guess (like i did) it is quick & easy!

Start DateMarch 2020
CeeDee

CeeDeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy transition to NBN and Fetch

I was concerned about how challenging moving transitioning to NBN would be however it was very easy. We've had no issues, set up went well. The technicians were timely and quick. Instructions were clear and concise. I did call the Tech Support team as I couldn't work out what I was doing wrong setting up Fetch, only to find I was using the Activation code instead of Password in the setup. The technician I spoke with was friendly and made me laugh. Apparently I'm not the only one to get that one wrong! I love dealing with the team at iiNet. They are always helpful, courteous and good humoured. On the occasions where the wait to speak to someone has been lengthy, they will call you back (and they really do). Superb customer service. Thank you

Start DateApril 2020
Nicola

NicolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

FRUSTRATED

Start DateJune 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Keen to help get an understanding as to what's going on and get you an answer, Nicola. Got the reference number from any recent contact or notifications you can provide we can then use to check into that from our end and help out? - Tal

KatieC

KatieC

• NBN

We’ve been using iiNet for our internet service provider for 11 years now and are very happy with their services. Fast internet, fairly priced. They are always friendly on the phone. Highly recommend.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the review and recommendation here, Katie! We love to hear how pleased you are with us and the service these last 11 years and look forward to many more :) - Tal

GroggyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service - beware

Start DateJuly 2013

SVS S.Perth, WA

Appalling customer services,never answer your calls,exoect to wait for hrs to speak to them,stay away!..!!.!

Start DateJuly 2018

reference number: 321567521

Penny M

Penny MSydney, NSW

Horrendous!

We rang iiNet with 2 weeks notice prior to moving house. We requested the new connection from 3 April and have been advised it will be available with a technician from 14 April (if they turn up then). Interesting that they charged us for the full new month in March when we rang to advise of our change of address, yet we have no service! We are paid up well into May with no service provided at all!!!!!!!!!

Start DateJanuary 2016

Satisfied Customer.

Have been with IiNet for 10 years. We have had some problems prior to NBN but iiNet always got the problem solved. Highly recommend IiNet. As the current situation makes us be more st home iiNet has not faulted.

Start DateMarch 2009
Customer ServiceiiNet

We couldn't be happier to hear this, Lee! Thank you for trusting is us for the past ten years and we hope to be with you for many more.

John Condren

John CondrenSouth East Queensland, QLD

It is satisfactory for my needs

Ok even during this busy time with many users engaged in home schooling and working from home . The only drop outs I have had were SBS on demand ( which seems to have a sub standard server

Start DateJanuary 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks John and we especially appreciate your patience and understanding, especially during these uncertain times.

Porkchop

PorkchopPerth, WA

Simply The Best

We have been with iiNet for 14 years from dial up to NBN never had any major issues, just the odd hiccup along the way, there customer service is fantastic.

Start DateApril 2006
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're incredibly flattered to read this, Porkchop! Thank you for your wonderful 14 years with us!

Milan D.asked

NBN

How do you call people who charge you for waiting for delivery of modem and setting up the connection? You guys send me invoice after two weeks of using NBN service. When we were about to make a deal and when I specifically asked will I be charged until the service is provided answer was NO. And then...

Hi Milan,

We're always happy to lend a hand here. If you can reply with an invoice or reference number, we can use this to locate your account and organise help.

Milan D.

I already have done that through the call center. Each and every time I was advised that I will not be charged, but lets try again. This is my lates invoice number 696880183

Hi Milan,

Thank you!

We can't go into specifics here, due to privacy and security reasons, but as a general guide, your first invoice will contain your setup and hardware costs (if applicable) as well as your first month of service, as connections are charged for a month in advance.

Once connected, you're then credited back for the time that you were without a connection (for instance, if you pay for a month in advance and the connection takes two weeks, we'll credit you back for the remaining two weeks) and the invoicing continues, a month in advance, from there.

Jan H.asked

NBN 50

I have a NBN 50 plan for more than 12 months and I certainly have never had anywhere near your average speed you advertise during peak period.The most I have had is 34mbs/17 and that is at 1.30 am. I am 300 metres from the node and I certainly expected better seeing the area is only 7 years old with new copper.
John
Woodvale WA

Hi Jan,

We'd love to investigate this, as we do have options to resolve this.

Please get in touch with us directly, with your details, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have our team step in to lend a hand.

Jan H.

Still waiting for a follow up to my second request. Using google maps I am 150 metres straight up my street and 150 metres to the left to the node. According to IInet I am at lest 800 metres from the node. Or If I go the the longest way by going out of the estate and to the node its still no more than 500metres. The speed tonight is down to 31kb and netflix is saying I don't have enough grunt to stop it buffering.

Hi Jan H,

Would you mind sending through your reply to our e-mail to you, to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll take care of it for you.

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers