iiNet NBN

1,025

Don Dawson

Don DawsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Telstra needs to look at iinet

iiNet has been the only supplier that provided us with reliable broadband, firstly with ADSL and then NBN when it became available. Only 2 outages in 2 years. Great service

Start DateJanuary 2014

Jdub

JdubCentral Queensland, QLD

iinet dont care about customers!!!!

Start DateSeptember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

It all works well

Connection is good - only had one incident at installation but was given heads up nbn technician solved it
And a few day back was a general nbn outage which lasted 15 hours over night

Start DateAugust 2019

An excellent product!

We have been with iiNet for over 10 years. Over this period of time we have seen many changes within the communications industry, and we have made the conscious choice to stay with them. Our connection is reliable, and although we have had dropouts on the rare occasion, we are very happy with the service. They are extremely easy to deal with and have a variety of excellent internet and phone plans available at very competitive prices. I have recommended iiNet to friends, and just recently another member of our family connected with iiNet after moving into a new home.

Start DateMarch 2009

Tiarna

TiarnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Customer Service from Matthew at iiNet.

Start DateJune 2018

bookworm

bookworm

Great speed, all the time.

Extremely happy with the performance of the NBN through iiNet. No drop outs, consistent speed of 45 - 50Mbps day or night when watching Netflix and movies from Fetch. Have always had great service from iiNet and very happy to stay with them for another 20 years.

Start DateJune 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the review, Bookworm! We're over the moon to hear that your service has been performing well and you've been enjoying the addition services through Fetch. We're looking forward to many more years to come! Cheers

Ron

RonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It serves my purpose without any hassles

I guess since I had NBN from Jan 2017 and after the first 6 weeks of problems, I guess it has worked well 99.5% of the time. Had drop outs in the last two days and Technician called in & after a few tests & clearing any possible interference from other house wiring, so far so good.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, Ron! We're very glad to hear that the team were able to help iron out any creases with your service and get you back running smoothly. Cheers

Katmaloo

KatmalooSydney, NSW

Pretty good but it’s area anomaly not iiNet

I’ve seen iiNet through dial up adsl and now nbn .
Whilst I had issues with the actual nbn install process this wasn’t iiNet fault . They assisted me when these issues occurred giving me direct access to the same consultant to work through the issues .
I realise tpg owns IiNet and is a little cheaper I will
Not leave as the reliable service is worth the extra few dollars love iiNet

Start DateJune 2019
Contract Type12-month contract
Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

simply superb

I use the connection for live video conferencing and the service is reliable, no drop outs and consistently fast, the service teams level of assistance is remarkable, totally solutions focused.

Start DateFebruary 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Absolutely perfect Ian - that's how it sounds like the connection is for you and that what we aim for every single day. Thank you so much for being with us!

reno1964

reno1964New South Wales

Love the nbn

Iinet customer service is amazing been with iinet for 11 years 4 months I never get drop outs. I have been offed FTTB witch I will be getting thanks iinet

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much reno1964! What an awesome recommendation and we can't wait to see you on FTTB!

Heather

HeatherPerth, WA

Ive been a long term customer and iiNet set me up with the newest technology in my area. Keep up to date. :)

My connection has been great Im about to experience better with a faster connection. Being update with all the new technology in my area and I was made aware of it as soon as it was available. Easy, secure, simple.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Heather, thank you so much! We want all of our customer's to have access to the best connections and services possible, so we're so happy to hear that this is happening for you.

Dan Mcguirt

Dan Mcguirt

Everyone should be using it.

My connection is very fast, with the plan that I have chosen and is very reliable. No outages which is great. Very reliable service. The connection was simple and the cost is reasonable. Every home should have NBN for their internet connection.

Start DateJuly 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

Dan, thanks for the high praise! We want your connection to be as reliable and as fast as possible for you, so we're thrilled to see that you're more than satisfied with it and us!

charlie

charlieperth wa

NBN it is a must have, like it or not.

I have been on NBN since it started and it has dropped out . no often though. in saying that it was fixed in no time and i was back on line. great very happy.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Charlie, if you're happy, then we're very happy, so thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you!

Luke S.

Luke S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

happy

year ago had some weird drop outs, but now only had the one i've noticed but didnt take long to resolve. calling through was instant and less than 10 minutes to fix

Start DateAugust 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear that your connection is working well for you, Luke! Thanks for allowing us to help you!

Ashton S.

Ashton S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

iinet has reliable customer support however issue still not resolved

Victoria P

Victoria PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Finally Working Quite Well

We had several issues with our NBN which took a long time to be resolved but finally our speed was sorted and improved, so the service has been much better lately.

Start DateJanuary 2000

Cherie

CherieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It's Perfect

The service are great.connection is perfect very fast. All the staff are very helpful. I have 2 boys playing games online at the same time no dropouts at all
I highly recommend iinet...

Start DateMarch 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Stoked to hear that your service has been performing well for your home, Cherie! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we very much appreciate the recommendation.

Rosemarie G.

Rosemarie G.

Dependable provision of service

My friends have other providers but they have so many drop outs. This service is solid and reliable. Any problem is dealt with with politely efficiently and rapidly by the help desk. Have been a customer for 15 years.

Good Customer Service From IINET

Apart from occasional dropouts the service has been reliable and faster that ADSL. The customer service we receive from IINET has been excellent. I have been an IINET customer from when they were Ozemail and have always received good service.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Serge Kislinsky

Serge KislinskyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good service

Reasonably reliable, with occasional drop outs
I have had no other issues with the service
I have no further comments to make, and I like the service
Would recommend to others, as always

Crisasked

NBN 50

We paid for a service that is not fully delivered, iiNet told us it will take 5 to 6 business days to connect to NBN as our address is NBN ready .
For the last 12 months we received a lot of letters and phone calls from different ISP to tell us that NBN is ready and we must connect to NBN because our Telephone line will be disconnected soon.
We finally select iiNet 50 with phone and fletch TV with Nexflix YouTube .
We wait not 5 to 6 business days but 5 to 6 weeks to have our telephone line disconnected by IiNet. If I call my number I get the message “ number is not valid please check the number “ we have this number for 30 years. Also we cannot make call . Now it’s 8 days that we don’t have telephone line anymore . The main reason that we move to nbn was to keep your telephone line .
We called several times iiNet support, terrible experience. Tech support agent doesn’t know what it’s happening, they just tell us to wait 24 hours but 8 days later if I call the support the reply is the same wait 24 hour your phone line is in Process. They don’t log any tickets about the incident and you need to repeat yourself every time you are calling , plug the modem reset it plug your telephone to the modem . Oh sorry I can see your service still in pending you need to wait 24 hours...
Very frustrating to call this offshore technical support from iiNet.
I would like cancel my service because iiNet is unable to provide the service.
Also we paid $149 6 weeks ago for a service that we cannot use , I want my money back and my telephone number that we use with Telstra for the last 30 years .

Giovanni
Giovanni

I can only speak from my own personal experience and quite frankly with all the current media about NBN I’m quite happy to stick with ADSL

Sorry you’ve had a bad experience, however it could have something to do with the whole NBN Rollout

Tc and I hope you encounter better experiences in the future

Hi Cris,

We can absolutely help with this, as this is taking too long and we do apologise.

Please get in touch with us directly, via iiOnline@iinet.net.au with your details and mentioning your question here. We can then have our team step in to lend a hand.

Hi Giovanni,
I believe you don’t have any issues yet with iiNet and never have the need to calll iiNet for technical support .
iiNet have a very poor technical support employees don’t have any IT or technical skill they just answer calls and tell you to plug your modem and use a little pin to reset it ( a robot will be more efficient) they can’t see if my service is up or pending from their side , how can they provide support?
Don’t need to be an Network engineer to understand if you call a telephone line and get the message “ the number you dial is not on service, please check the number and try again “ this is not an issue with my modem . Modem can be unplugged or plugged I still have the same message. The issue is iiNet who has still not delivered the service as all services are still in Pending in my toolbox after 6 weeks .

Neddyasked

NBN 12

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

June
June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

iiNet NBN 12

iiNet NBN 25

4.2
Monthly Price $59.99$79.99$99.99$44.99
Service TypeNBNNBNNBNNBN
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/FixedUnlimitedUnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited