Part of iiNet 3.1

3.6

Gary H.
Gary H.2 posts

No loyalty terrible service

Been a customer for almost 20 yrs. Credit card expired unable to update in the useless toolbox. Emailed just an expired card no reply. Waited for a call no call. Emailed again then NBN just cut off after being a reliable customer for so long just doesn't matter to them just a number. Clearly no real customer service or loyalty. Dumped them and will now go back to tried and tested Telstra more costly but currently don't have a connection and don't want this happening again. Little bit extra worth the reliable connection.
Gary Show details
Jakob T.3 posts
  Verified NBN 100/40

I went from having internet to iiNet

I swapped from Aussie Broadband due to another price increase, saw the EOFY sales and decided to make the switch.

I was assured that my internet connection would switch from one to the other without issues.

I arrived home to find my Wifi not working, only to call tech support and they inform me that my date of birth is incorrect and I would need to verify my identity, that this would take up to 2 business days.

Now I am left with no internet whatsoever wondering why I even switched in the first place. Show details

Michelle and David G.
Michelle and David G.Pearce 2607, ACT
  NBN 100/40

How is this company still in Bussiness

This must be the most hopeless organisation that I have ever dealt with. Migrating from vdsl2 to nbn connection due to the instability of the service and multiple techical calls. Now two weeks in with two site visits for cable installation, still no nbn cable. No internet and unhelpful help desk. I am speechless with this ridiculous unhelpful rabble. Show details
iiNet   DM

Hey Michelle and David, let's help get your migration taken care of so you can enjoy the NBN network. Send an email to us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll help out with getting it all sorted.

Jenna V.
Jenna V.South West, WA3 posts
what the
what theGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
David C.
David C.Perth, WA

Hardly an upgrade

I have been with iinet for 2 months as they offered to install fibre to the premise for free. Their fibre to the node service was fine.
On Monday the fibre to the premise was installed and connected by an NBN technician. He ran a test and said that everything was working, now it was up to iinet to finalise the service on their end. Since then (four days) my internet has been running at speeds of between 0.5 and 3 mbps. Prior to this "upgrade" it was running at speeds of 60 mbps.
I have been in contact with iinet multiple times and as yet nothing has been resolved. I have had to resort to working at shopping centres so I can use the free wi-fi as iinet's service is virtually non-existent.
It is so bad that web pages do not load. Show details
Malee
MaleePerth, WA6 posts

From the industry standard - Thanks to the Founder - to absolutely horrendous

Service is horrendous - ( have had intermittent internet for two weeks) Calling what is supposed to be "support" (An ABSOLUTE Misnomer) I have resolved nothing - It went off again this morning. A customer for over 25 years, I have probably paid over $20,000 in fees - to iinet, that loyalty means NOTHING AT ALL -
They used to answer their support emails within 24 hours - now its supposed to be 72 hours (It took 96 hours to answer mine) I Have switched to Aussie Broadband - now will commence the fight to have them stop debiting my account - if I am to believe other "Reviews" - What an absolute disappointment from a once GREAT company. Show details
James C
James C

Scam customers via upsells

Moved house and not only did they move me from a $79 plan to a $139 plan without telling me, they also charged me $89 for a Fetch box that I didn't want or need. Feels like the company are all overly incentivised on tricking you into paying more for things you don't want or need - very underhanded and devious. When called up on this behaviour they got very defensive. AVOID Show details
Dan Poole
Dan PoolePerth, WA
  NBN 100/40

True score is Zero - AVOID!

Avoid at all cost. Have been dealing with a complaint for over 5 months. Only way to get action is to return to TIO.

3 seperate claims raised with iiNet, all three required TIO assistance to get the right outcome!

Reading the TPG pages its clear they are the problem. No real reference to customer service in their strategy! https://www.tpgtelecom.com.au/about-us/our-strategy

Can't stress enough, avoid iiNet and any TPG group company! Show details

Ken P.
Ken P.2 posts
Tshewang
Tshewang3 posts
LLL
LLLSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts
James C.Sydney, NSW2 posts
James C.

Just an update to this, I have a confirmation of closing account and they're still trying to charge me for a service that has been cut off and unused. Reflects really poorly on the company.

Wai S.
Wai S.Far West, NSW5 posts

Horrible service

Put you on hold for long time, cannot resolve slow speed issue, on nbn 100/20 plan, getting 68 max and their staff said this is acceptable speed for the plan. Ordered FTTP upgrade, got nbn technician appointment 4 weeks after order, but didn't showed up to appointment. Been push back another 5 weeks for the appointment. Overall Horrible experience. Show details
Peter k
Peter k5 posts
  NBN 100/40

Disconnected deleted account for no reason

iinet is officially rubbish.
I ordered a fttp connection on my home account, they couldn’t figure out how to get me connected on the router settings so the simple fix was, let’s delete this guys office account, yep had 10 employees show up to work Saturday morning with a completely deleted account not only from the iinet side from nbn also.
I was told the system deleted the account.

14 years with them, service is rubbish. Show details

iiNet   DM

Hey Peter, we’d like to get some more information from you so we can look into what happened during your call. Send an email to us at iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll go from there.