iiNet NBN 100

iiNet NBN 100

3.8

• Adequate Speeds Yes (77%) · No (23%)
Shaun C.

Shaun C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good till you need to call Iinet

Iinet has become the Dodo of 2020. They are good until you need to call for assistance. Then its like Dodo 2007. Pure Hell. The second TPG bought the company it started to tank.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateJune 2013

Nathan R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Grubby company, incompetent and harrassing of ex-customers

2 years ago, iinet deleted my email account and all associated emails without warning or reason. This cost me a great deal of time, money and inconvenience at the time. I then cancelled my service in January, 2019. Today, 20 September, 2020 I receive an email from them demanding a payment of 100 dollars. I then had to spend 23 minutes on the phone attempting to get to the bottom of this. Pathetic conduct and better things to do with my weekend than defend against attempts to grab a quick buck from an ex-customer. Apparently you get more flies with honey rather than attempts to extort.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you Nathan, and our apologies once again for this. We're happy to see that the team has been able to resolve this for you!

Ken

KenPerth, WA

Slower than expected

Reliable but extremely slow. Basically the same as the old service provided. Slow when more than one user connected to the system. When you have grand kids, you need the speed.

The Stiff M.

The Stiff M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Blows The Others out of the water

Fast, reliable and great service. That’s what the wife used to say about me until we got iinet. From set up and install to service issue resolution iiinet set the standard. Super helpful, really quick at what they do and no matter what call centre you get anywhere in the world. nothing is a stress. The South Africans have the best sense of humour though. Tech issues happen, that’s life but iiinet blow their competitors out of the water when it comes to fixing things. And that has been rare compared to all the others. Telstra can shove their model where the internet don’t shine, iinet you need to own your own infrastructure. There’s nothing confusing about dealing with the best.

Start DateApril 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Wonderful to hear how you and your wife approve of the service we provide, Stiff! Thank you very much for sharing your review and rating of the team and their commitment to delivering fast and effective support. - Tal

ranab99

ranab99Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great customer support

My family connected to the internet by iinet since it’s inception. We moved many houses and had issues along the way, issues were mainly with modem or setup. I always call the iinet support and always get excellent support via the phone and my issue get solved quickly. The support staff are very friendly and explain everything clearly. Very happy with iinet and it’s support and it’s connection. We are 5 in my family and all use the NBN very heavily. Speed is great too.

Start DateJanuary 2000
Carmenita G

Carmenita GSydney, NSW

Double the data for less than Telstra's NBN50 offer.

When we were forced to switch to NBN I shopped around and was forced to learn about NBN packages and what you actually get for your money.
iiNet's NBN100 pack was cheaper than all the rest and we were also given Fetch with the package.
Dad still gets his Foxtel preferred options through iiNet & Fetch at reduced rates.
Shop around, don't just settle on the first you find. Definitely get a price comparison from iiNet.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for choosing us in your move to NBN, Carmenita! We're stoked to hear that we stood out and delivered a competitive service that caters to your needs :) - Tal

Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Excellence

We have experienced quite a number of short drop-outs from the NBN over the last few months probably due to the number of people working from home.

Other than that our connection has been very stable.

iiNet support has always been excellent particularly from Cape Town.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Needed contract changed. Success.

I needed to change the account holder after my mother's death. The process was smooth and prompt with personalised service. Very satisfied. It was all handled within the same day.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Michael G

Michael GGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

faster internet, good service

i'm getting 105+MBps download all day and evening, faster than i expected and much faster than my old ADSL2+. Upload is 10-15MBps, slower than i expected, but still faster than i used to get and fast enough for what i do.
NBN needed a couple of visits due to problems with the old conduit, but they sorted it out quickly. They came when they said they would and did the job well. Iinet and NBN kept me informed all the way. Landline porting took a day and works perfectly.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateAugust 2020

Customer Experience

I called iiNet to reset my password not only was the operator informative friendly and helpful but she was personable. She asked my questions in a timely and professional fashion. Being with iiNet for about eight or nine years, I have no intentions of switching Internet service providers. As far as I’m concerned iiNet is the best Internet service provider in Australia!

Start DateMay 2012
Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

No:1 NBN provider

As a service provider iiNet are unmatched. Always fast to answer a query and they strive to have any issue resolved first time..
Our NBN is fast and reliable. Like many we are working from home so a strong fast service is paramount. We rely on iiNet and are never disappointed.

Data TypeCapped Data
Customer ServiceiiNet

We are delighted to hear this, Andrew! We want every service experience to be like what you've mentioned here; responsive, able to assist, with a fast and reliable connection. Thanks for allowing us the opportunity to provide this for you!

Offered a credit

I was offered a credit due to the NBN not performing to the plan I signed up to - NBN 100. Roberto the customer support officer changed my plan( NBN 50_ and allowed me to keep my FetchTV for free. Thanks Roberto!

Contract Type6-month contract
Julian

JulianSouth East Queensland, QLD

NBN100 - Always connected and consistent speeds

Have been an NBN100 subscriber for the past 3 years with FTTP. Consistent nightly speeds of around 90-94Mbps. No major outages to report in the past 3 years. Happy customer.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks very much for your feedback, Julian! We're glad to hear that you've happy with your connection speeds. If there's ever anything that we can assist you with please do not hesitate to get in touch and we'll be happy to help!

- Chris

Excellent Service.

Super fast and reliable.
Did have problem with Wi-Fi dropping out, one phone call and fault with modem/router identified and new modem/router dispatched on same day. Great customer service. Highly recommended

Customer ServiceiiNet

Perfect! We are thrilled to see this excellent result for you, billo6! You're always welcome to be in touch as you need to and we'll lend a hand.

worst customer service

with out a doubt the worst customer service I have ever spoken to. All they do is blame the customer. Connection was often terrible. Again customers fault. Modem also lasted just over 1 year and tried to sell us another one. STAY AWAY from IInet.

GrahamNicholas

GrahamNicholasHobart, TAS

Currently getting 94bps, best ever.

Currently on FTTN and very happy with download and upload speeds. Whenever I have had to contact iiNet for something I have always received prompt service and followup. Customer service is excellent.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for your review, Graham! Excellent to hear we're delivering in both service and support :D - Tal

Jarerh Nissen

Jarerh NissenSouth East Queensland, QLD

As good as it can be

iiNet has always provided a good connection and Good speeds at a good price. A really reliable service for the hole family and all devices that a normal house hold has.

Start DateJune 2015
Customer ServiceiiNet

Terrible move to new house!

Despite giving iiNet a weeks notice of moving home they completely failed to transition in time. Called on the day it was supposed to be on and told usually end of business. Then called on Saturday and was told it was the banks direct debit times where to blame which I was quite shocked being told this the day after it was supposed to be on! Also been with iiNet a year! I said I will give you the money now to turn it on, they said they would have to cancel it and start again but the cancellation team did not work weekends! Asked to speak to a manager who was no help! Finally got it turned on days later but already decided to cancel due to the terrible service! Contacted Foxtel they where great and everything up and running straight away!

Start DateJune 2019

DandymansSydney, NSW

Do not believe gimmick that they are within Australia for support. They're lying.

Been with iiNet for 3 months.
Unreliable connection, advertise minimum upload and download speeds which are never met but wont reduce price they charge you. Constant drop outs.
Call support and get thick Indian accents who, when asked, say they cannot disclose where they are. Operators don't know how to use their own phone systems, on hold and can't reconnect, answer with a simple confused 'hello'. No introduction to company or their name.
No reliable internet & trying to work from home means I am losing even more money in this pandemic. Absolute crap.

Start DateApril 2020
Kat

KatPerth, WA

Never had a problem, great service

Very reliable connection, didn't notice any dropouts.
Customer service is very helpful if we have any enquiries or issues. Friendly staffs and know what they are doing, quick action and good attitude

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateDecember 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic to hear that our team have been a help to you, Kat. Thank you for sharing your review and support of us here. - Tal