iiNet NBN 12

iiNet NBN 12

4.1

• Adequate Speeds Yes (87%) · No (13%)
Ariel T.

Ariel T.Perth, WA

Part-timer

My use of the NBN is now and then, and have not had major issues so far, may be because the node connection is about 30 meters away. Though, I have been with iiNet for I believe for 20 years, and I would not swap it for any other.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and continue your 20 years of loyalty and support, Ariel! Wonderful to hear how happy you continue to be :) - Tal

Alexis A.

Alexis A.Far North Queensland, QLD

How good is IINet! Fantastic!

Very, very happy with IInet. Connection is very reliable, seeing as I am in what is considered a Rural area. The only time I have had dropouts, is when, electricity supply has been interrupted or when I have accidently hit the modem and pulled out the cord! But that is an easy fix. Have had no issues with this service, but cannot use iinet Mobile phone service in this area, only the NBN internet service.

JILL TAYLOR

JILL TAYLOR

Best provider

Never missed a beat when connected to nbn. Suggested a lower rate to me as I was a sole occupant and didn’t try to up sell me. Can talk to someone within a minute if I ring

neil quake

neil quakePerth, WA

can not fault iinet sevice

iinet service as a company its self is fantastic NBN IS rubbish. when i had ADSL i could use my XBOX and
my wife could watch netflix at the same time. with NBN they both keep cutting out.

Adequate Speeds No
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for your review, Neil! Glad to hear you can't fault us for service and support as far as we go :) - Tal

Reliabilty assured

Since switching to the NBN with iinet over two years ago in two different houses, I have found the reliability of the service very good with excellent adherence to the advertised speed.

Start DateNovember 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Awesome to hear it, Steve! Thanks so much for sharing your support and recommendation of us in your review here :) - Tal

tomsanBrisbane

Account authorisation

My partner nominated me as an authority to access her account at least 3 times. With each attempt we are told that the authority is in place. Today I learnt that I am still not authorised. The mind boggles. It appears that the callcentre staff just pretend to put the authority in place, but in fact don't! I just don't get it. There is a serious flaw in the iinet system.

What is going on iinet? I've been a customer for over 10 years and the iinet experience is declining. Should iinet not lift their game, I shall feel compelled to seek another ISP. The pain threshold is close to justifying making the change.

Start DateJanuary 2010

email coming through...

Perfect. Whole family love it

iiNet is great internet all kids can watch YouTube or play online with no issues. Great price for unlimited use.
They have the best customer service and always go above and beyond to help.

Connection TypeWireless
Start DateApril 2016
Customer ServiceiiNet

Happy Mum, as long as you're a Happy Mum with our services, then we're happy too! Thank you for relying on us!

Roger F

Roger FGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

IINET for over 20 years

I am moving to premises that have their own wifi connection, so I have had to leave iinet. I did this once before and then returned. I have had the best possible service from iinet, even in these circumstances. I would not use any other provider.

wayne.west.56

wayne.west.56Sydney, NSW

Best service provider I've ever been with, NBN, landline and four mobile phones...

I have been an IInet customer for over ten years, which speaks for itself really.
The only service provider I've been with who 's contacted me to tell me how to make my phone plan cheaper.
From technical support to general enguiries, all solved on the 1st contact.
My NBN conection is extremely reliable, and has never dropped out, they even contacted me to inform me of a newer, cheaper plan.
Internet speed test done at 7.30 pm on a Saturday night.
I wouldn't even think about any other service provider.

Start DateOctober 2009
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks very much, Wayne! We couldn't be happier to that you wouldn't even think about being with any other service provider!

John B

John BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great customer Service

Was fearful of swapping to NBN but the operator I spoke with was very helpful and attentive to my needs that the whole process went smoothly, i'm just waiting now for my modem to arrive so the techs can do there thing

Start DateJanuary 2005
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're thrilled to read this, John! Thank you for taking the plunge with moving to NBN and we're delighted to have been able to allay your fears. We look forward to seeing your hardware arrive so you can be connected!

Martin B.

Martin B.Sydney, NSW

Reliability and First Class customer service

I have been with iinet for over 15 years now and have no reason to move due to their outstanding customer service and competitive prices. Why move unless you are unhappy with the product or service? I have no reason to.

Start DateNovember 2018
Customer ServiceiiNet

Martin, we are beyond thrilled to hear this! 15 years is long time to be with any provider, but to hear that you remain so happy with us is a huge compliment. Thank you so much!

Bill T.

Bill T.Perth, WA

If you want to pay double the price for the worst internet service iinet is for you.

Continuously glitching, drops out regularly, its so bad if you get an add interruption that can cause dropouts. On a bad day watching Game Of Thrones it froze 8 times, so bad I had to switch of and restart each time, then when phoning to make a technical issue report you get to deal with a South African who say they can see i have an issue and will fix my issue, only to have to call back after a short time to see why nothing has improved and be told by another person that there is no issue and i have no record of ever having a problem even with my fault number. Try a different service provider.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
Start DateApril 2018
Dawson John

Dawson John

Meets our needs

We’ve had the NBN for 8 years, one of the first inthe country and are more than happy with it. The speed meets our needs and it is very reliable.

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Start DateJune 2012
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're thrilled to hear this - thank you so much for being with us for the past 8 years and for your experiences with us on NBN!

Steven

StevenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good Speed Great Price

Normally you get what you pay for but with iinet, compared to other internet suppliers I researched, I got a little bit more. Since signing up 18months ago myself and my partner are both working from home due to COVID-19 and never once has the internet dropped out or been an issue. I called the tech helpline during the "setting up" process of working from home to get my emails working and within half and hour I was up and running! All this for $79per month..........hard to beat!!!!!!!!!!!

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Start DateMarch 2019
Jean M.

Jean M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great internet

I’ve been with iiNet for 11 years
And only had to ring iiNet once since we got NBN 12 months ago and they fixed it on first call .
Very happy

Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Redbett

RedbettTewantin

Best Customer Service

iinet's Customer Service is exceptional. The operators are well trained and competent at answering questions and solving the rare problem. My service has been consistently good. Happy customer of about 10 years.

Start DateNovember 2009
Customer ServiceiiNet

Wow, this is awesome, Redbett! You've made our day here, so our sincerest thanks for allowing us the opportunity to serve for your the past 10 years and here's too many more.

- Leo

Always reliable and responsive.

One or two dropouts not bad. I like Iinet because someone always answers the phone, and they are pretty good at problem solving. Happy altogether with iinet. I would recommend them.

Contract Type12-month contract
Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the review and recommendation, Chris! Love to hear how our dedication to customer service and a 10/10 experience has shone through for you! - Tal

lisa

lisaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

service is okay most of the time

I have been with this company over 20 years when there is a issue they are quick to assist. It had been dropping out so iinet was quick to respond to correct issue and at the same time switch me to a better plan.

Connection TypeWireless

Excellent customer service

We have been with iinett for a couple of years and are happy with the service. With three teens in the house a good internet provider is essential to our family. When we have had the occasional problem the response has been really fast and staff very friendly. I would highly recommend them.

Start DateMarch 2017
Lerp

LerpPerth, WA

Good service, as always, from iinet

Occasional dropouts but never for long periods. Been a customer of iinet for over 20 years and always pleased with the service received. Issues have been few over this time.

Start DateSeptember 1998
Customer ServiceiiNet

Lerp, we couldn't be happier to hear this and we thank you so much for your 20 years with us! We look forward to being here to continue to help you as you need us.

Neddyasked

NBN 12

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

- Joshy

June
June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives

Other Internet Service Providers