iiNet NBN 12

iiNet NBN 12

IInet NBN12 experience

Most of the time, IInet deliver exactly what they advertise. The few times I've had a problem, I've called them, spoken to a human being, and had my issue resolved, usually within the hour. From talking to other people, our transition to the NBN was completely issue-free and pretty much a non-event. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Start DateJanuary 2008
Customer ServiceiiNet

Cheers for the review and recommendation there, Mani! Awesome to hear that the service is doing really well and that the team are able to help out any time there's a hiccup :) - Tal

Prolonged delay on restoration of NBN service.

Happy with normal service but have had a few long delayed drop-outs from the HFC system which somehow requires Telstra to restore our service. After a 2 hour widespread blackout last week we had to wait till next day for normal activity to restore. IINet gave advice on progress of restoration.

Start DateJune 2017
Poita

PoitaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

iinet has continued to provide me with reliable affordable digital service for internet and phone.

Had NBN since introduced in Bendigo, Victoria. Seamless change from old iinet to NBN. I have been an ozemail/iinet customer since before September 2000. Even with distance to company HQ in Perth the rare times I have used the support line have delivered results. made contact with HQ while in Perth. Wanted to have face to face review of my account. was a positive result.

Start DateAugust 2000
Customer ServiceiiNet

Great to hear Poita and thanks so much for dropping by HQ when you were in town! We're delighted to have been able to have had you with us since the OzEmail days.

karen jeffrey

karen jeffreyPerth, WA

Our nbn is still copper not optic fibre

The last time I call for assistance was a fault in Doubleview where the cables were were cut. No iinet,s fault.
The longest part was getting through on the phone
But the help you get is great

phil

philPerth, WA

Good value for money ,suits my needs.

Easy set up ,must say the best I have recieved,
Has been excellent service with consistent speeds as agreed and no buffering
I would have given 5 stars, but had yesterday a outage for about five hours. I called the service department and was informed that there was a outage and would be out for some time.
I have used two other providers also , and I can assure you that iinet is by far the best for contact of services and knowledge ,not just reading from the book of rules.

Start DateSeptember 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Member for 14+ years

iiNet have always provided prompt support from both the customer service team and when the NBN was connected. Technical issues are resolved quickly and efficiently but there have been a couple of occasions when the problem required extensive time and patience from the service team member. My NBN and mobile service are reliable and great value.

Start DateJanuary 2006

Warren

WarrenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good but could be better

I have been with iinet for about 14 years and during that time I have experienced mainly good service from both the customer service team and the online connection. When there was a problem it was handled quickly and efficiently. I am now on NBN and have experienced a good connection. Sometimes it can be a bit slow but overall I am happy with it.

Start DateJanuary 2005
Adequate Speeds No

13 Year Customer

Initially with ADSL, and now with NBN, I have been a customer in regional NSW since 2006. There have been hiccups and failures, but the impressive thing has been the speed and coordination to address the issues and resolve them. I particularly like that you can arrange for a call-back rather than hang on for an eternity.
I unhesitatingly recommend Iinet

Start DateApril 2006
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Fantastic! Thanks a lot for your review and rating, Chris. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your appreciation and recommendation here :) - Tal

Fantastic, no issues!

Never had any issues, all works really well. Customer service is fantastic, cant fault it. Been with iinet for 3 years, have moved home twice, smooth transitions and great customer service interactions.

Connection TypeI don't know
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you so much for your review and your support, Alex! Excellent to hear that we've kept you connected through your moves! - Tal

Ive got the cheapest option and it is better than the ADSL2 it replaced but not especially impressive.

My connection is overall very good for my needs which is not heavy usage. I have no dropouts that I can attribute to the network or connection. Ive has one issue with the voip phone not calling international numbers but this was very quickly resolved by a very prompt efficient and personable tech support. Five stars for the service.

Start DateMarch 2019
Customer ServiceiiNet

John, thanks for being a 5 star customer!

Bob

Bob

This speed NBN 12 is fine for me at this point in time.

Very reliable connection and when there has been an occasion to ring iinet they dealt with the issues very quickly.
I have been a customer for 12 years and am very happy with iinet.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much, Bob! Its great to hear that your connection is meeting your needs and that your time with us has been so positive - cheers!

Ryan L

Ryan L

My first and only internet provider.

Another great product from iinet. Ice stayed with iinet as my only ever internet provider because of their great products and incredible customer service. It's just an added bonus that they're good value for money as well!

Start DateJanuary 2015
Customer ServiceiiNet

Ryan, thank you so much for your incredible review!

James G.Sydney, NSW

Appalling service

Service issue - paid 200 dollars for broadband nbn - 1 week later i am told no service available
Customer service, poor, 3 phones calls 3 weeks and zero resolution
Wouldnt recommend calling for help

And thats more information than 3 phone calls to your staff today

Reliable speed always

Love my connection. I can stream movies, YouTube etc to my PC, tablet or TV without any buffering. The download speed isn't super fast but adequately meets my needs.

I've never had any connection problems.

I'd hate to go back to ADSL2.

Ian

IanMaryborough vic

Extremely easy to get help

I do not have any trouble with my connection .
I did need help with a lap top , so I rang the help line .
Well I could ring them again Just to talk to them , that was how good they were .

Start DateJune 2013
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank you for giving us a call, Ian! We're always happy to help where we can.

lee

leeCentral, SA

it is slower than what it should be

i have dealt with your company well as far as dropouts only when we have roadworks not often i now understand what i am looking for when i have to get back online

Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeWireless
Customer ServiceiiNet

This is awesome to hear, Lee! A bit of friendly education can go a long way (teach a person how to fish, et al) so we're extremely happy to hear that you've been assisted and know what to look for in future.

10 / 10

Reliable internet (I've never had a problem). It meets speed test (+/- 10%) during peak times. It's never noticeably slow. No problem getting through on the phone. Very helpful. Good tech support.
Chris

Customer ServiceiiNet

Chris, thanks so much! We're extremely to hear that your service is working so well for you!

Happy with Service

We have been on NBN with iinet for several years now.
The connection has rarely failed.
Vert happy with setup.
Cannot remember having to phone re faults in the service.
No problems here.
John Sutton

Start DateNovember 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation, John! We really appreciate it and are stoked to have made you happy to have us as your provider :) - Tal

Kevin at Reddy

Kevin at ReddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Receiving what we are paying for.

Our NBN connection has been in my opinion very reliable, constantly achieving speeds of what we signed for. I have been with Westnet now known as iinet for years, with any issues raised by us sorted promptly unless the problem was totally out of their control, such as NBN being responsible, which has generally been the case.

Nivit

NivitSydney, NSW

Excellent service.

Mostly reliable service at advertised speed, but can experience short drop outs from time to time. The HFC network had an outage for close to 20 hours recently which is a concern. iinet support was on top of the outage which was very reassuring.

Neddyasked

The NBN 12 plan at $39.99 with iinet what is the data allowance it says capped/fixed and it also says packages available bundle and standalone, could you please provide more information on this plan as there is not much info here also this plan is not on iinet website, lowest plan on iinet website is $59.99 a month 500GB, I would be interested with this NBN plan as I am a iinet customer, can this plan be used with FTTN

Hi Neddy,

Thanks for the query. Our NBN12 Plan for $39.99 would be our Seniors plan through our Westnet plans: https://www.westnet.com.au/internet-products/broadband/nbn/cust/seniorscard/

This plan is typically for those who aren't looking to use a lot of data and are more focused on using the connection to maintain the landline connection. It offers 50GB over an NBN12 plan boasting a 10.3Mbps typical evening speed. It also provides an included Netphone service that offers free local and national calls. This is absolutely a plan that we can arrange and it's most certainly available to FTTN services.

The only 2 qualifiers for this plan is to firstly have NBN available and hold a seniors card. If you'd like for us to arrange a call from our friendly sales team please feel more than welcome to shoot us some details to iiOnline@iinet.net.au and we'll have someone in touch at a time suited to you. Cheers

- Joshy

June
June

Don’t do this Neddy they are a nightmare, been dodging me for 1 month now, still no internet whatsoever

Neddy

That is unbelievable, I wouldn't think that they would do that, have you rung them to give them the hurry up

Get an answer from our members and iiNet representatives