iiNet Ultra Broadband

iiNet Ultra Broadband

4.4

• Adequate Speeds Yes (94%) · No (6%)
Paul Cameron

Paul Cameron

great speed and alot cheaper than the NBN. Love it.

Speed is consistantly over 100MB/s down and 32 MB/s upload, Most times well over 200/40 down and up. recently added the voip phone service (was included but didn't want it till now) help on phone was equal to any other I have recieved from either OPTUS or Telstra, and was better in their explanations.

Start DateFebruary 2008
Customer ServiceiiNet

Awesome! We love our Ultra Broadband product and it sounds like its kicking all sorts of goals for you Paul. Thanks for your review!

riley h.South East Queensland, QLD

withdrawn

speed complaint withdrawn due to faulty supplied ethernet cable from tplink modem, tried a new one i had and it worked well. The 5G is still a problem though, will not give internet access despite being connected.

Start DateSeptember 2020
Contract Type6-month contract
riley h.

Nah they support 5G wifi, devices that can't use Gigabit wifi can't see the network. My older TV cant pick up the 5g wifi broadcast but my laptop and phone can, it just doesn't deliver the internet consistently.

Darinka C.

Darinka C.Southwest, VIC

it is better than all the other services

we have had no problem with iiNet there service has been great , very happy with them any problem they will help you i can ring them if i need help

Start DateDecember 2019

Find out how iiNet Ultra Broadband compares to other Internet Service Providers

Very reliable service, with more than adequate performance for our household.

We have been customers on this service for over 17 years, dating back to the era of Transact, and have never had any reason for complaint.
The system has been very reliable and the service that we pay for (Ultra Broadband VDSL2) provides more speed than we ever need.
Cannot remember the last time we required technical support.
We remain a VERY satisfied customer.

Start DateNovember 2002
Customer ServiceiiNet

We're thrilled to hear this, Contented. Especially as you've been with us for so long and that the connection has worked so well for you. Our sincerest thanks!

- Leo

I have been with iinet for 5 years and this week my modem died. I called iinet to obtain the required passwords to install the new modem and the problem was resolved within 3 minutes - truly brilliant service.

ConradM

ConradMSouthwest, VIC

Excellent service and reliability.

Have been with iiNet for over a year now and I’m very happy with the service. Reliability is a key factor in my choice of ISP and to date I can only remember a couple of minor outages. The connection is stable and my monthly fee very competitive in comparison. Their help desk is great. Average download speed on 5GHz is around 270Mbps and upload 49Mbps but varies depending on the time of the day. Average on 2.4Ghz is 110Mbps and 30Mbps.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Sean G.

Sean G.Sydney, NSW

In a busy area can be slow but there is a pandemic on and everybody watching Netflix.

Connection procedure was seamless. No drop outs. But it's slow at times. It's FTTB. I know....not FTTP but we only have the Australian Liberals to thank for that cheapening of our NBN giving us a service that was always going to be 2nd and 3rd class as opposed to something world class like Korea's! Cheers Mr Abbott you swine! So iiNet do their best and I recommend it. The slows are probably due to so many people being online during the Covid 19 pandemic so they are not to blame for that.

Start DateMarch 2020
Data TypeCapped Data
Customer ServiceiiNet

Good value, reliable, fast connection

I’ve been using the cable broadband for a few years. It reliably delivers 200Mbs spends all day. As long as this is available I won’t be switching to FTTN NBN.

Start DateJune 2015
Customer ServiceiiNet

Definitely something we'll continue to deliver on, Paul! Thanks for your review and glad to hear you're enjoying the Ultra Broadband experience! - Tal

mayabella

mayabellaMid North Coast, NSW

Very satisfied

Start DateMay 2007
Contract Type6-month contract

jim

jim

Great product, timely support

Installation quick, activation showed issue but delt with rapidly.Then had some dropouts but again fixed rapidly and has stayed fixed.
Recommended for speed, courteous knowledgeable support and good value for money.

Start DateJanuary 2020
Customer ServiceiiNet

Hi Jim! We're glad to hear that the early issues were resolved quickly and that things have behaved since then. Thanks very much for providing your feedback, and please let us know if there's ever anything that we can assist you with!

- Chris

Grdn

GrdnDuffy 2611, ACT

Time to upgrade hardware, and great support

I've had one of the original (VDSL) home routers for (8?) years. It's been faultless until the other day. The support tech took me through lots of testing options, over the phone. He even had me try one thing I hadn't thought of. (I'm a retired IT manager.) After much patience, he resolved my issue by agreeing that the router had indeed failed, and ordered me a newer model, free of cost.

Start DateJanuary 1999
Customer ServiceiiNet

Glad to hear that the team were able to surprise and expert such as yourself in their diligence and testing, Grdn. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and your positive feedback for the team! - Tal

HermannCurtin 2605, ACT

Speed not as fast as expected. Okla Speed test - Download 49.83 Mbps Upload 6.45Mbps

The connection is reliable and the speed tests relatively consistant regarding download and upload speeds. I am aware that number of factors come into determining the speed of the connection.. If speed is critical for you , then perhaps you need to investigate further options. If reliability and consistency is important, then I can recommend iiNet Ultra Broadband. If a ISP provider that is helpful, reliable and in my experience ethical I can also recommend iiNet. Though this is new product I have with iiNet I have been a customer for several years.

Start DateJanuary 2020

Hello Customer service,
Invoice No. 120769565

Great Service

I have had several home and business internet, telephone and web services with iiNet, for more than 12 years, and the stand-out for me is the service. In the rare cases I've experienced faults, I have always found the support friendly and competent, much better than I experienced with my previous provider.

Sam

SamSouthwest, VIC

Actually glad they couldn't connect my service

Start DateJuly 2020
Adequate Speeds No
Customer ServiceiiNet

We have been with inset for 14+ years and cannot fault the service, reliable, fast and if any problems arise which is not often they are resolved quickly. We will continue to use them and highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for a reliable provider.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Gary, we couldn't be happier to read your recommendation, especially given your 14+ years with us! We are delighted to have been able to provide a fast, reliable service for you and thank you so much!

John S.

John S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Need home broadband? - You won’t do better than iiNet.

Since the early days of home broadband I have been with iiNet (and its subsidiaries) and have experienced virtually trouble free service. Contrary to NBN claiming that the iiNet VDSL2 network in Canberra would be disconnected, this is not the case with iiNet customers assured that they will continue to receive better value and performance with their Ultra Broadband VDSL2+ delivering typical evening speeds of 60+Mbps - some 30% faster than NBN50 plans.

Reliable

I have been involved with this "Group for nearly 20 years in all of its iterations.
I have never had a real problem.
Any hiccups that I have had have been sorted out by an operator/consultant quickly, efficiently, and politely .
I sing the praises of your service to my friends some of whom are with other services.

Customer ServiceiiNet

Thanks for an amazing review and for an incredible 20 years with us Ted and here's to may more together!

Craig

CraigSouthwest, VIC

Superfast

iiNet cable broadband is by far the most superior internet Australia has to offer with my speeds up to 360mps the whole family can access all kinds of entertainment all at the same time with no drop outs ever and no loss of connection all at a low price of $39 for the first 12 months and no contract I would certainly recommend this service to anyone a great service in a great country well done iiNet keep up the good work

Start DateJuly 2017
Customer ServiceiiNet

Craig, thank you so much for the awesome recommendation! We're delighted to hear that iiNet Cable Ultra Broadband is working so well for you!

LesCanberra Central 2602, ACT

It is advertised as speed up to 74 Mbps in certain time

...I barely have 50 Mbps in certain time for money I pay for 74 Mbps ($69.99 per month).I was told to be happy what I have. Recent enquires only confirmed that. I have to stress that I am with iinet and iinet predecessors for over 15 years. Thankyou for asking.

Adequate Speeds No
Oglink

OglinkCanberra 2600, ACT

Never Had A Problem

Been with these guys and their predecessor for must be 14 years. Never had a problem. If we had any drop outs I can't remember them. Meets all our broadband demands.

Start DateMarch 2006
Customer ServiceiiNet

Thank very much, Oglink! This is exactly what we want for all of our customers, so to hear that this has been your experience with us, especially given your 14 year tenure, is wonderful indeed!