iiNet Ultra Broadband

iiNet Ultra Broadband

Really helpful for the work I do.

I’ve had a couple of dropouts but within five minutes someone on the iiNet tech support team fixed the problem. IiNet provides outstanding customer service that is still excellent as after ten+ years of faithful, professional service to me. I’m really impressed with the service, but mostly with the quality of staff at the ready to help me with an attitude of politeness, patience and professionalism. Means a lot to me! Thank you iiNet. Keep up the good work. People over profit, produces outstanding company performance.

Contract Type24-month contract
Thank you so much for sticking with us Carolyn! You've made our day, today! - LeoThanks Leo, when I find such great service, I never look elsewhere! Also, I emailed iiNet after I submitted my comments as I meant to hit five stars. Can you please change it from four to five? Thank you to you and the office staff. Warmest regards Carolyn

Asked to check my service, was having trouble with a VPN connection (work).
Everything great, impressed when iiNet rep made contact via mobile when line dropped due to re-boot of modem.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Cheers David M! We're stoked to hear that our team was able to lend a hand, so thanks for trusting in us! - Leo

Painless Installation

I changed today from iiNet NBN FTTB1.5(Boost) to iiNet Ultra Broadband. The initial contact to change was completed easily by phone, the modem/router was delivered quickly and the installation was completed in about 30 minutes this morning as scheduled.The speed increase from about 23 mbps to 93 mbps is awesome and the system seems to be working perfectly. All this and a reduced monthly cost. After over 30 years of good service from Ozemail and iiNet, its nice to see some good things don't change!

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Looks like you made an excellent decision moving over to our Ultra Broadband service and network there, John! Thanks for your review and very long history with us :) - Tal

Internet service is fast, and so far, reliable, but....

I upgraded to VDSL2+ from my ADSL2+ service that I had for many years. While the new service is fast and reliable the process for upgrading the service was shambolic. The old service apparently needed to be maintained until my old Telstra number was ported over to iinet's netphone service, which was supposed to take 2 business days, at which time the old service would be turned off. So I waited for this to occur. About a week later I received an account charging me for the new service and the old service including for the following month. During and earlier conversation with an iinet employee I had been assured that this would not happen. But it did. I then contacted iinet to see what was happening with the phone porting only to be told that it had be "stuck" in the system but that it was now progressing and would be done in the next 3-4 hours. Sure enough the number was ported in 2 hours and I was provided email instructions on how to connect my regular phone to operate as a voip netphone.

Then the drama of getting the bill amended to the correct amount began. I spoke to at least 6 people most of whom where polite but quite obtuse when it came to understanding the simple matter of removing charges for a future period for the ADSL service, which was now disabled, and providing a credit for the period from when the VDSL service was turned on and the end of the current billing period for the ADSL service, which had been paid in advance. Despite the phone now being ported and the ADSL service being switched off they maintained they couldn't give me a credit because there was still some internal action required between iinet ,Telstra and NBN and the credit would happen after that. Meanwhile I was asked to take that on trust and pay the inflated bill while waiting for all this to happen. After much argument and insistence by me that the credit be applied now to correct the account I finally got my way. Given that I am a long term customer of iinet (15+ years) and the seemingly simple upgrade process had not gone smoothly, as it should have, I felt that iinet did not deal with me in an appropriate manner. I also think that internal machinations between ISP, telco and broadband providers should not impact on the customer. The process should be simple and smooth and the bill should reflect a clear changeover from one service to another. This did not happen with iinet and it was like pulling teeth to get them to credit my account to amend it to the correct amount.

Start DateJanuary 2003
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Sorry to hear that the recent billing issues have impacted your overall opinion of us so much after such a long tenure, Simon. If there's ever an issue finding an ideal course of action to get a matter resolved you can always request escalation of an issue to a senior representative, manager and then our customer relations team if need be: https://iihelp.iinet.net.au/complaints_escalation_process - Tal

Great Customer Service

I have had some problems with my internet usually due to weather or problems in the Hills area. I have managed to easily contact iinet and get the support I needed. I can understand the customer service officers which is a real bonus. The officers have always been helpful and sometimes more than helpful!

Start DateFebruary 2010
Data TypeCapped Data
Fantastic! Thanks so much for your glowing review there, Suzanne. That's exactly what we like to see on here :) - Tal

Great value plan with unlimited data, good speed and excellent reliability

Our iiNet Ultra Broadband connection is very reliable. We are on a 2 year unlimited data contract costing $39.99 for the first 12 months and then $79.99 thereafter. This is excellent value especially as we get around 60 Mbps download and about 19 Mbps upload. The Toolbox is very useful and all of our accounts have been accurate. The iiNet support and sales staff have been very helpful when we converted from a legacy plan.

Start DateMay 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thank you very much for your review and recommendation, mpm! Fantastic to hear you're enjoying one of our Ultra Broadband plans in your area :) - Tal

Faultless Customer Service

Customer Service was fantastic, but then that's why I've been with them for 13 years. Called back when they said they would, explained everything I needed to know about upgrading to a new service. Painless process to upgrade and move my phone number across.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks for being with us and for your review, Eddie! Looking forward to more great times online after the upgrade :) - Tal

Awesome product, consistently lightning speeds

Connection is extremely stable, in the 8 yrs using this service I could count the number of dropouts on one hand. Always professional, courteous and respectful, couldn't recommend high enough.

Start DateApril 2011
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks for the shout-out, Mark! Fantastic to hear you've been with us so long thanks to the great service :) - Tal

Frequently drops and slow

Have experienced constant drops in the line. Complaints have been handled very professionally. The issue was resolved however 24hrs later the issue still remains. In any case I am still comfortable with this service provider.

Start DateNovember 2018
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Prabha, If issues are persisting we can definitely re-raise this with the necessary network provider for further investigation and repair if need be. Give us a call on 13 22 58 or send an email in to iiOnline@iinet.net.au with more info and we'll be happy to assist. - Tal

Rarely have an issue and on the odd occasion that we do IINET are onto it promptly.

I am not a heavy user and am on one of the cheaper plans. This has not been reflected at all in the excellent service provided. Only remember 2 drop outs in 20 odd years and both were not directly IINET issues.

Data TypeCapped Data
Cheers for choosing to spend the past couple decades with us, CKui. We're proud to have been able to be your provide for so long and deliver great service when-ever you've needed it. Cheers! - Joshy

Reliable and friendly

My first contact said they were busy but if I left my number they would call me back. True to their word I was called back within a reasonable time.

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Ronda, Thanks for taking advantage of our callback service and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad we could get back to you and help out with your concerns. Cheers - Joshy

Good operation, good service

I am very pleased with Iinet service and connection.
I have had no trouble with the connection and the delivery and the service from the company has been excellent and quick.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
That's fantastic to hear, Rod, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and leave a review. We wrapped to hear your service has been performing well and stoked that the team have been there to assist when you've needed them. Cheers - Joshy

It works! 4and a half stars really!

One major problem. Time it took for fixing of fault "on the pole" outside, several days with intermittent outs.
Contacted supports 3/4 times over what turned out to be minor problems, responders knew what they were doing even if it sometimes took a while to get to them, the call back system reduced the angst!
Overall after 20 months well worth the money.

Start DateOctober 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thank you Wend3355! We certainly agree that resolving faults can feel like it can take forever. Its no fun to be offline, even worse to be so for an extended period. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding! - Leo

fast and reliable.

Can count on one hand the times I have had to call tech support in over 12 years. So very reliable and tech support is quick and dependable and friendly also.

Data TypeCapped Data
Julie, thank you so much for the past 12 years with us! We look forward to many more years together, with our team being there to help you along the way. - Leo

Very happy with years of great service

I have had very very few issues over the 9 years I have been with iinet and all issues have been swiftly and satisfactorily dealt with. Happy to continue being an iinet customer

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thank you so much for your review, Cassia! We're stoked to hear how pleased you are and appreciate you taking the time to share your feelings on us here! - Tal

Can't live with out it.

My connection is 100 % satisfied. I had no issues with this service that's way I'm many years with this service.
My experience how is dealt, it was good in times when I have call on my home line overseas, when I look for work all that is important and needed the most.

Thank you very much, Ilu! Wonderful to hear we keep you connected :) - Tal

Happy Customer

Iinet is a very approachable company. On the very rare occasion of a problem, it has been rectified in a very short time. I would recommend iinet to anyone who is looking for a telco who has representatives who are willing to help

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Thank you so much RosemaryD, we are so very happy to read this and delighted with your recommendation! - Leo

NBN problems

Any connection dropouts I have had, have not been due to iinet, but they have been really great in trying to sort out the problems and get me back online as soon as possible.

Standalone or BundledBundled
Thanks so much Patricia! We very much value this, as we know how disruptive dropouts can be! - Leo

VDSL2 is great in Hughes ACT and is extremely fast

I have used iiNet for five + years and have found them very good from the start with the installation thru to ongoing service and value for money. The speed of the line is 90 + Mbps/sec. Highly recommended.

Start DateNovember 2014
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Thanks for the praise for us and our VDSL2+ Ultra Broadband, Steve! Thanks for the recommendation too! - LeoHi Leo. It is a pleasure. I value the service From you guys.

Changing from phone line based broad band to NBN

The change was made seamlessly with the NBN technician. Fast efficient and reliable internet service. Not had any issues with the iinet service. Phone line operates better now than the Telstra installed landline.

Start DateApril 2003
Data TypeUnlimited Data
We're thrilled to read this, Trevor! Thank you so much for your review and for choosing to upgrade with us! - Leo