IKEA Online Store

See the Best Furniture Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great product, delivery was not the best but by no means a deal breaker

After reading some shocking reviews, I thought I would try to balance them out a bit!

I ordered 2 large items from the online store. Found the website to be very good. Delivery was available the next day. I found $70 delivery to be a bit steep but I wasn't keen on paying an independent "man and a van" company with my stuff either, so figured it was OK as a one-off. For that price, I would have expected an IKEA delivery truck to arrive and bring my parcels inside. Instead, I had a van from a different company arrive and a quite rude Indian man, who couldn't speak very good English, phone and ask me to "come outside". It was amidst an absolute downpour and I had to stand there in the rain, whilst he counted my parcels. He then spent 3 trips, getting my furniture to the house. He was at least thorough in counting the parcels (3 times!) to make sure I had them all.

The furniture went together beautifully, however and is of good quality, that will last for years.

I am pleased with the purchase but IKEA should definitely have their own delivery service.

EDIT: I also went to the Tempe store today (22/09/19) and there is a fully functioning restaurant and cafe (another review said it had disappeared).

Product Appearance As advertised

Ordering From Ikea- Never Again!

Absolutely shocking when it comes to reliability! Waited four days for the kitchen units to be delivered. The driver arrived yesterday but refused to bring the units up, stating he did not have a trolley for the stairs. The person from IKEA, who designed the kitchen for us knew which floor the flat was on (2nd). Now they have postponed the delivery to tomorrow!! In addition the company that is to install the kitchen switched off the water supply last Friday and also postponed the installation moving the date from Wednesday to Friday! We will be without the water for a week!

Dreadful organisation

Purchased a couch online from IKEA. Was meant to be delivered yesterday between 10.00/2.00. Waited until 3.30 pm & called the Qld help number. What a shamozle!? I was told the couch had left South Qld by one operator & she couldn't tell me where it was from there. Called back, someone else told me another story. Asked to speak to a supervisor, then got transferred to someone in Sydney who told me the couch was in Carratha, WA. First operator told me the time of 'delivery' had been changed to next Monday - 6 days time. Meanwhile, I'd taken the old couch out of the house & it had gone to the tip in readiness for the new one. After all this run around & numerous phone calls an operator rings me back to say the couch was in my home town at the delivery depot & that I could go and pick it up. I told her, in no uncertain terms that I'd PAID for it to be delivered to my door. She said that the $99.00 I paid was to have the couch delivered to the collection point. I strongly disagreed & sent her the email stating otherwise - she never got back to me. The story goes on a bit, but I'll leave it here...I won't be buying another thing from IKEA & will be strongly recommending that nobody else does either.

Online ordering, product quality and ease of use

We are regulars at ikea since we have a big family and need furniture that can store a lot without taking up too much space. Being able to order online has made our lives so much easier and only $9 delivery fee compared to $20 if you want to pick up from click and collect. Saves so much time searching in store and having to go through the long journey with four mischievous kids in tow. Furniture isn’t too bad to assemble once you know the basics. Quality is great compared to similar look alike makes from discount stores and Kmart!

4 weeks to deliver a light globe

Bought some smart globes from Ikea. They work great and the same day I got home I decided to buy a two more online.
I put my order in that night and received an order conformation. waited a few days and no delivery so checked my paper work to find the delivery date was nearly four weeks away.
Contacted Ikea customer service to be told that there is most probably no stock so the delivery date was correct. I've been back to their store to buy other items and even though the store was overflowing with light globes I'm still waiting for the delivery. I could have just bought them when I went back if i knew they take a months or longer to deliver
Don't waste your time buying online, just go to the store if you want some thing.

Product Appearance As advertised

IKEA! Toll is ruining your business. I cancelled my 2nd order and won't be back.

PROS:
-Seasonal choices in home wares, regular discounts and the ingenuity of flat pack/affordable items.
-Local Warehouse here in Adelaide, so shipping should/could be swift
-Pricing is competitive, an exciting find for IKEA lovers
-Online sale/offers
-No need to go to IKEA (which is a good thing)

Cons:
-Contradictory terms of service on the website (also, it's a hefty read)
-Patronizing customer service agents who will declare it's your fault for not reading the fine print, even though it contradicts itself every third paragraph.
-Website isn't user friendly and frequently stalls/crashes, with most items out of stock or unavailable.
-Home delivery is by Toll, who have their own special way of doing things (see their review for more on that by other people).
-Refunds/cancellations/returns are as ambiguous as the delivery terms and I'm yet to see the refund in my account as IKEA's official response was more an effort to enlighten me that I was at fault, not them.
-The level of customer/client assistance post purchase is chillingly cold and in very poor taste to the buyer.

Take Home message:
-They will ship your order when they want and won't always tell you (despite the website saying they will notify each stage of delivery. They didn't and they most likely won't.
-Toll will almost always come when you aren't home, return the goods to IKEA and you will need to pay for another delivery and guess when they will arrive.
-If you must have IKEA products, just go there or get someone who is to pick it up for you, unless you are at home 24/7 for at least two weeks after your purchase, maybe a month for larger items.
-Read, if not at least skim through all website terms of purchase before handing over any data. Since IKEA, I have walked away from majority of online purchases from big chain vendors. That great deal online is often just a great deal of trouble in the long run.

IKEA online is a huge blemish and embarrassment to the brand and IKEA Adelaide would be wise to address the obvious and fatal flaws to their (now) fleeing online customer base. Read the reviews and heed the warning. I wished I had.

You had me once IKEA but never again. Not ever.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Horrific customer and delivery service

Placed an order on line. Waited a week for the delivery. I got call from the driver when he was 5 minutes away. Immediately I can here his partner yelling in the background about America and Americans using obscenities. I was applaud by what heard, I asked him to calm down and I would help direct him to my address. 5 minutes later I speak with the driver, while his partner yelled and asked if he should leave my stuff at a CVS. I said I’m here to help sir, I can help you, tell me what stores you see, your one mile up the road, after he gave me a landmark less than a mile. Partner screams screw this American. Driver gets annoyed with his partner whose completely irate and asks to call me back. Moments later I get an e mail stating I was not home. Flat out lie. In no way will I deal with a person like this, I asked for a full refund from Ikea. Complete unprofessionalism.

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING!!!! NEVER ORDER WITH THEM

Just revolting.
Expect you to be home for an outrageous amount of time. Was harassed with calls from Ikea while I was at the doctor with my sick child and then spoken to in a revolting tone by the customer service operator. Ikea should be ashamed of itself.
I would give them zero stars if possible.

Product Appearance Not as advertised

Excellent service from IKEA!

Online purchase was super easy. The sofa was exactly what I expected. The delivery, communication and updates were all spot on. The helpful, friendly team made for a really pleasant experience. Thank you IKEA.

Ikea Online Store - Toll Delivery Failure

Ikea's delivery of furniture via Toll requires you to be home during a weekday for a 12 hour period awaiting its delivery as a signature is required (despite advising Toll that I was prepared to forego signature) or else the item is returned to a Sydney depot, if I had 12 hours to sit around awaiting a delivery I would have driven the 3 hours myself to their Sydney store.

Customer service bad experience

I had very bad experience with IKEA shipping.

With my latest order, I was never told that my AREA can only have service delivery every Thursday yet I been ordering items in the past couple of times and were delivered any day.

With my latest order, I was told to PAY another delivery FEE which I was never been told as well.

This is ridiculous and acceptable where IKEA customer service FAILED to communicate with their clients.

IKEA had to be flexible with their clients.

Wollert, VIC is just 26 kms to Melbourne CBD yet they treat it as regional.

Had the IKEA customer service called me again and she wants me to charge again for the delivery.

I was never told it was REGIONAL. My previous orders were delivered on time but this last time round, IKEA customer letting us down.

Appalling online service

The reviews are accurate about their appalling online delivery service via toll. Half my $4,000 order arrived promptly and fine and items are good, but they separate out the smaller items to Toll as a 'parcel delivery' and i have to wait 3 weeks even though all the items showed online as in stock, and i can see them available in my local store. When i found out a delivery date and wasn't going to be home very rude ikea dude on the telephone said i'd have to drive to the other side of melbourne to pick them up, and repeatedly parroted that i accepted those conditions when i ordered and if i didnt like go line to complain. There was no advice when i ordered i'd have to with 3 weeks for the smaller items that i could buy today 30mins away in their store.

Terrible.

Promised delivery on a certain date. Two days later, still not arrived. Unnaceptable and customer service blame the delivery company - despite the fact ikea entered address details incorrectly. Avoid the online store.

On Line orders

Misleading delivery information. When booking an order they gave false delivery dates then say it was only an estimate. **BTW doesn't say estimate it says Delivery Date** When following up told to call Toll. Call Toll and them being the most useless logistics company in Australia also have no clue when goods will be sent. No Ownership of the problem just poor service through and through. 0 rating if only this was an option. BTW told IKEA customer agent I was going to do an online review - she said I was welcome too!!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

I got excellent service. Highly recommended.

I bought a potato press online because I liked the look of it and it was inexpensive. However, the rod which connects the plunger to the lever handle 9 2 flat pieces of pressed stainless steel) bent and kinked whilst pressing a spud. Ikea sent me a replacement free of charge, no questions asked. OK, the original may have had a flaw, but also I may have been a bit careless. Either way, I have never had better service. I will be a bit more careful with the new one!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product Appearance As advertised

WORST Customer Service ever experienced!

IKEA offer one method of payment to WA residents. It doesn't work. I have spoken with IKEA Customer Service via phone and email in excess of 20 times to no avail. They refuse to accept payment via any other method, despite offering PayPal to residents of NSW, ACT, VIC and QLD. I am trying to replace more than $5000 of furniture damaged (insurance claim), and IKEA refuse to give me any option for payment. Customer Service staff are rude, dismissive and refusing to help. Absolutely disgusted.

Misleading information

Ikea delivery dates are super misleading and do not buy online. They use toll as a courier which has worst review than ikea itself. I bought a table online says will be delivered on friday and on friday says in transit. But never arrived customer care says "too bad".

Repulsive customer service

Absolutely misleading delivery information- when I called to inquire I had to deal with undoubtedly the rudest most condescending revolting woman (?) my confusion was absolutely warranted as many seem to have had the same delivery inquiries/confusion.
Hideous experience-won’t shop there again
Shame on you Ikea- 100% YUCK

Failed Business Model

I believe IKEA is worth a zero star
After purchasing products online, not once but several times to for fill an order due to stock shortages & having to pay additional freight costs for each order. IKEA have the gall to contact you advising they can’t fill the order because they have actually sold the stock you purchased & paid in full at the online checkout. There online purchasing system won’t allow you to pay if there is no stock, confirmed by IKEA representative. Compensation for the inconvenience & delay in delivery cannot be disclosed until after your products are eventually delivered, if delivered at all. Now I only have part of my order & advised if the remaining stock arrives which I have paid for in full & freight costs they will send it for free. Free I have already paid 2 freight costs.
My advise is to stay well away from IKEA, hence the reason they receive so many poor reviews globally.
There Business Model reliance is based on cash & carry only, there online purchasing system is completely floored. Staff are ill informed & Branch Managers have no idea of there own purchasing system.

DELIVERY COSTS OVER THE TOP

In my IKEA cart I had four items. Two bookcases, one cabinet and one office chair. The bookcases and cabinet were to be self assembled. The total cost came to $264. However when I entered my regional area postcode for delivery the delivery cost was $299, more than the cost of the furniture, and I am only two hours from their Canberra store! No I won't be buying from IKEA.