IKEA Retail Stores

See the Best Furniture Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Absolutely Shocking!

Absolutely shocking when it comes to reliability! Waited four days for the kitchen units to be delivered. The driver arrived yesterday but refused to bring the units up, stating he did not have a trolley for the stairs. The person from IKEA, who designed the kitchen for us knew which floor the flat was on (2nd). Now they have postponed the delivery to tomorrow!! In addition the company that is to install the kitchen switched off the water supply last Friday and also postponed the installation moving the date from Wednesday to Friday! We will be without the water for a week!

IKEA has gotten so stingy??

So I used to frequent IKEA tempe for many years, purchasing many furniture products - my last product purchased was Hemnes Daybed which I am satisfied with and normally when I go to IKEA I like to have a cup of coffee and a bite to eat and utilise the free wi-fi to watch a few videos before I shop...HOWEVER 2019 has not been kind. I have not been to IKEA since my last purchase but I was terribly shocked when I discovered how much it had drastically changed. The cafe they once boasted inside the cafeteria - gonski's, just disappeared?? The food was very limited and no salad bar was topped up, there was no bread - nada. The coffee is no longer FREE as a member have to pay $2.50 now!!!!! The wi-fi is BAD! You cannot watch many video's...I was trying to do uni homework and watch some video's but they control your restricted mode and it really destroyed my customer experience that I decided that I would just exit without purchasing the list of products I had planned. Honestly, IKEA how cheap have you become, more importantly who was the decision maker that thought by taking away these little things that used to make IKEA a great place to be. If you're looking to retain customer loyalty you best listen to your customers...thursday night shopping is usually packed without fail but tonight was like a ghost town was actually expecting a few tumbleweeds to roll through the dining area. Sad. Very sad.

Excellent product, horrible delivery and wonderful installation by contracted builder

It's important to say upfront that we are delighted by the final product ...well, almost final product (that's part of the story). The design assistance was first rate and undoubtedly gave us a kitchen that is far more well organised and attractive than we could have managed alone. The cabinetry is of good quality and the overall cost was less than other comparable companies. The commercial services staff of IKEA were pleasant and helpful. The PazStone SA company linked to IKEA that provided the stone benchtops and glass splashbacks did a brilliant job. The plumbing and electrical company, Horsman's, linked to IKEA, sent great staff who were polite and careful. Most importantly, the installer we chose who is also linked to IKEA, John Ozzella, was absolutely outstanding! Without his thorough, calm attention to detail, the experience would have been very different. We cannot stress enough that, if you are going to buy a kitchen from IKEA and are not installing yourself, you must try to get John O as your installer/builder! Delay starting the kitchen if necessary to get him. It will be worth it!

All of these positive elements are worth noting. However, there are several features of the IKEA process that were very poor indeed.
1. We were pushed very hard by IKEA commercial and retail staff to sign the contract for purchase and delivery asap, despite the fact that we soon discovered a number of crucial bits of the kitchen were out of stock. Please make sure that all the parts of the kitchen you buy are in stock and can be delivered and delivered at the same time. Otherwise you will, like us, probably find that you wait weeks before your kitchen gets started and/or gets finished. Ours has taken more than 5 weeks so far. Even three weeks without a kitchen is difficult and stressful.
2. Secondly, you may well find that delivery is incorrect. We got sent bits that were not part of our kitchen and/or bits were missing. We are now on the third round of deliveries, trying to get the right bits. In short, the 'just in time' nature of IKEA's storage of items means that often not all kitchen items are in stock. Their warehouse 'pickers' who collect items for delivery must be very overworked or don't care because we had to spend a lot of time going back and forth to get all the necessary parts of the kitchen.
3. Thirdly, you will have to be a 'project manager' as once you have signed to purchase an IKEA kitchen, it is then up to you to organise and prompt all the different workers who actually deliver and install the kitchen. There are a lot of different staff units, companies and processes involved. IKEA is pretty hands-off once you have bought their products. You may need to consider if you have time or energy to do this project management. Other companies offer a combined service including products and tradespeople in one package which they oversee. This is a more costly option but no doubt easier in some ways. We found the loose and fragmented set-up of IKEA kitchen delivery and installment was demanding and kept us on our toes. You have to keep an eye on everything.

Overall, would we do it again? Yes, because it was quite a bit cheaper than other companies and the result is great. But, we would do it when we had little else happening in our lives and we were able to be pretty single-mindedly focussed on kitchens. Quite a lot went wrong and it took way longer than we were told about or prepared for. And just to reiterate, John Ozzella, smoothed many of the difficulties considerably. He is very good at keeping the work on track and made the messy process much easier to put up with. Plus if you are going to a builder in your house for many days from early in the morning, it really helps when that person is pleasant, responsive and concerned to do a good job.

Rude customer service

I love IKEA, but their express check out 'guards' are extremely rude and treat you as a convicted criminal. I bought a few small items today, packed it all in my own shopping bag. Was closely watched during the whole process. As soon as I paid for everything, this rude 'guard' jumps in front of me, saying he's gonna count my items. And then unpacks my bag! I had two cranky toddlers with me and wanted to get out asap. But thanks to the rude 'guard', I ended up spending extra time packing my bag second time. I asked him if he was going to put my items back into my bag and he just ignored me. Maybe if they want to check customers' bags and flip then inside out, they should pack it all back up? He also had to stick his head into my pram basket and shovel through my kids' stuff. Everytime I have to go through check out they make me feel unwelcomed and treat me as if I have stollen something. Disgusting.

Store LocationSpringvale

Bought a Bench top

Awesome service and delivery and awesome product. i would 100% go back. they delivery service was on time. the staff in the store where helpful and very friendly and the store is well set out

Ikea Brimmes Wardrobe

Very flexible and easy to install. Very easy to assemble with guide book provided to understand it better. Good value for money. Highly recommended and lots of variety are available in store or online to choose from.

Store LocationIkea QLD Logan

Very bad service and low quality product, please don’t waist your time and money

It took me 30 minutes for the staff checking the price tag were different to the one in the system, asked me as if I were a criminal, didn’t say sorry to me. I went home and opened the box, there weren’t any bolts and nuts for the cabinet, so I went back to return, IKEA waited me 3 hours for annoyance. Hate it

Store LocationInnaloo

Worst customer service ever

We bought a sofa bed, a bed and 2 bed side tables around $3,000 purchase and then when delivered the track was higher than 3 m so it didn't fit the door to go to the visitor parking. They could not leave the goods and we have to pay again for the delivery. I consider their mistake that they didn't warn us about that and in the terms and conditions is specified that we should have sufficient space and access. As the goods that we bought fit in a van how the hell we are gonna guess that they will delivery it in a truck. This is the first and last time buying in ikea. I talked to the delivery team and manager and to my surprised they said they will return the money of the goods and i will loose the money from the delivery. This is so silly how come they prefer to loose a sell of $3.000 just because they didn't want to pay $69. I wonder if their executives know this. They should warn customers about this and modify their terms and conditions as is unfair with all the customers.

Store LocationRhodes waterside

Kitchen purchase and installation

I paid for an in home consultation - less consultation more what do you want because I am not responsible for your choices and won't give you much advise. I was then given a design - check extremely carefully - some chopped up panels were used to create and island end panel and fridge cupboard unit - well that was the design! The over fridge cupboard was tagged onto the oven cabinet, not in place, in a vertical orientation (not horizontal) so how could this design be checked? Several expensive panels were ordered and slivers cut off them - such a waste, not to mention the landfill. I vote no confidence in the IKEA recommended installers. Be careful of hidden additional costs not in installation quote. Cupboards are lovely and drawers work well, with good quality fittings.

Store LocationIKEA Perth

Unprofessional customer support team and poor delivery.

Spent a few thousands in Ikea due to moving into a new house. Had to call them 3 times to notify that they still have pieces and products missing. The last time I called some rude lady by the name of “Maria” from the customer support team in Nsw (could be a fake name) was so rude and did not try to help rectify my situation. It was like she just wanted to hang up. It was not like a spent a few hundreds, I spent over $5000 and I would at least like my money’s worth in service as well! Poor customer service definitely wont be going back to Ikea ever again! If I could, I would’ve loved to return these products for a refund!

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationMarsden Park

Below terrible

The whole experience was beyond disappointing, from start to finish. Firstly parking, if you intend on buying up and want to bring a trailer don’t bother. It’s too hard. There is no signage stating that your parking ticket needs to be paid before getting into your car. I held the whole line up when I got to the exit and realised you couldn’t pay as you left. The staff are very limited and don’t really support you. Only direct you in the general direction, they can’t leave their post. The offsite warehouse... where do I start? Communication break down and completely impractical parking. I left in tears and with nothing (I was told twice that what I was after was in stock only to get there and one component was unavailable. I could have it posted to me when back in stock for $599... ridiculous! I have driven a 7 hour round trip to avoid this). I will NEVER be back. Utterly disappointing.

Store LocationRichmond Victoria.

Is the 25 year kitchen warranty indeed fake?

Saved for 7 years. Waited 3 months, yes that's right, (ENDLESS phone calls instigated by us, case number changed 3 times) to finally get an inspection and be told it was our fault that a practicaly brand new sunbeam slow cooker (on feet) had caused the massive crack through our $3000+ benchtop and it's not covered under warranty. Where were we supposed to cook if not in our kitchen, IKEA and Padstone? I hope this helps at least someone. Receipt included.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationAs above

Refusing to give me a replacement door - Kitchen

I feel so annoyed and frustrated this has been going on since October 2018. My corner cupboard got broken and I went in to replace it. I was told it was an older sized cupboard and they no longer make that size anymore. So they tried to help my sending me a cupboard that was the wrong size. When I returned to return the wrong size they said the only was they will help me is if I get proof of purchase which I cant do as I bought the house with the kitchen in place I have tried to get the owners contact to no avail. This is an Ikea kitchen they have basically said they wont help me even though the confirmed the warranty in this kitchen is longer than 10 years!! WOW just wow what a bunch of crap! I will totally Never ever buy your products again. You basically said go get a cabinet maker to fix it we wont help you.

Product Appearance Not as advertised
Store LocationLogan

Great quality and affordable prices!

The store is very spacious and easy to navigate like all ikea stores. The range of products are good. The prices are reasonable and a good choice of products. The customer service is good. Furnitures were easy to assemble, the guidelines are very precise and easy for a newbie.

Store Locationrhodes

Terrible delivery service

Just cancelled my order because the delivery service is terrible. The deliver guys didn't complete the job and told me that they are not allowed to take the goods on the stairs if there are more than 30 steps. which is ridiculous and i wasn't expecting IKEA to sub contract these unprofessional people for their delivery services
my first and last IKEA purchase

Store LocationMarsden Park

not the least bit user friendly

Firstly, not all what I ordered was delivered. A wardrobe set came without hinges for the door, the door is still leaning up against the wardrobe in its packing box. I called three days later to enquire about them, if I hadn't called the hinges would never have been delivered. Still don't have them.
Secondly, I was given misleading information by the sales person (aka "our friendly co-worker"). We had ordered some items not in stock, at least my wife and I were told they were ordered. The sales person wrote down on the shopping list the day they would be in stock and the day they would be delivered. Well, they weren't actually ordered, Ikea had no record of them. And 3 days after the supposed "in-stock" date, they were not in stock.
Finally, one guy showed up to do the installation of some very large wardrobes and a large sideboard. He arrived at 7:00 AM and was here well past noon. My opinion, it was too big a job for a single person (hence my decision to pay for assembly). Sideboard door hinges were installed improperly, probably because the poor guy was exhausted from erecting the massive wardrobe (3 meters long by 2.29 meters tall) by himself.
I gave customer service 2 stars because, although the guy in the store did not clearly tell us our out-of-stock items needed to be ordered after they were in stock, the woman who I spoke to on the phone was helpful.

Store LocationPerth

Limited Kitchen Hardware

Installed another IKEA kitchen for clients recently with the included hardware fittings, and had to run down to Lincoln Sentry again to grab a Cabiseal for the dishwasher. When will they upgrade their fittings to the local standards so installers can offer the best finish without running around for extra parts. Maybe they don't offer them because they're Australian made?

The <IKEA> system

This was my first and last time to visit IKEA. This is really not about the products sold in the store but the whole feeling of the atmosphere I have experienced. I ended up with frustration and a huge headache. The layout of the store is annoying for a starter. They want to be considered as child-friendly, obviously wanting children to return and get used to the "fun" idea of the store. On the other hand a huge amount of items (mostly glass, ceramic) are placed at the reach of little busy hands. You can't keep your eyes on them all the time. Unless you use the place as a playground and forget about shopping. So... please don't take your children with you, it's better for you and much better for your kids to take them to an environment that does not make them hyperactive. Also the lunch area outside have no sun protection at all.

Store LocationLogan

Terrible after sales service, two weeks without even contacting us for repair, rude.

Our dishwasher failed, leaks and has multiple error's, we rang up and placed a service call, no one contacted us, we called back 4 days later, got told someone would call us back, no one did. 15 days after the initial call I ring them, escalated it that this is now beyond reasonable time, that we want a new dishwasher to replace the faulty unit that they have failed to even contact us for repair, they tell me that I need to call the local repairer and push them to come and fix it.

Knowing legally as a consumer my warranty is with the store I purchased it from, and that they need to sort it, I push back telling him to get it sorted that I shouldn't have to do that, my dealing is with him as the retailer. He continued on around and around taking me back to saying I need to call the repairer. Why should I have to call and chase up their repairer, the same repairer that has never called us back. On top of this they are saying the warranty is only covered by the manufacturer being Electrolux, I didn't purchase an Electrolux dishwasher, I purchased an Ikea branded dishwasher.

The so called customer service representative was rude and argumentative, and talked over me continually to the point where I raised my voice over his and told him to sort it out, Im not interested in arguing with you, good bye, and I hang up the phone.

It shouldn't be this hard to simple get an appliance fixed, or even looked at, we are reasonable people, he said they were probably too busy to get to us, if that's the case give us a call and tell us when they will get to us. We would of waited. But not like this with no sign of any action at all.

I'll add in that each time we have had to call them, we have spent minimum 20minutes on hold before even getting to speak to anyone.

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Store LocationRichmond

Worst customer service / delivery service ever experienced

If you don't want to have a mental breakdown do not buy from IKEA... Worst service ever experienced... Deliveries do not turn up on the day stated more often than not... ring up to find out why... get nothing but put offs, get put on hold while something is looked into, if ask what is getting looked into dont expect an answer. Ask to speak to someone in charge, if lucky might get a Dept Supervisor who will also tell you he will check it out and get back to you... then doesnt.. when you ring back and speak to him he will pass the buck and say he asked someone else to get back to you and cant understand why they didn't... meanwhile still no delivery of the items you have paid good money for.. once again the merry go round will start up with a new delivery date that suits IKEA & the delivery company not you the paying customer, (Delivery fee was $89 + $20 wrapping fee for unpackaged item for delivery from Logan to Gold Coast an airtasker delivery would have been $50 )...
Lesson learnt: do not buy from IKEA if you can't carry home as you will be waiting waiting waiting... I should have read these reviews before buying...
I agree they have some amazing products in store but be very wary when buying as if anything goes wrong it's nearly impossible to speak to anyone who is willing to help

Store LocationLOGAN QLD

if i organise to return assembled item, how long does it take for it to be picked up and how do i arrange for full refund?
Obviously only IKEA can answer

We have been to Ikea Logan 3 times over the past 5 weeks and on every occasion we found their bathrooms unclean (both the parents and adult bathrooms) also with no paper towels available. The overall impression was that bathrooms haven't seen a cleaner in a long time or the cleaner lacks attention to detail. One would expect it to be immaculate upon arriving just after opening hours. Comparing bathrooms from shopping centres, Ikea disappoints.
But this is not a question :(

There is a very Swedish Easter Buffet for 17 April 2019. It is one of 3 buffets they host annually. I enquired on 21 March 2019 about the menu and was told it was not finalised, there is a delay and will be posted online as soon as it was ready. I checked again on 5 April 2019 (Friday) and it is still not online. When I called Customer Service, I got the same message as on 21 March that it was still not ready and may be up later this week or next. How does Ikea expect its customers to make a booking and pay for it without knowing what the menu is?
If youre not getting a response from Ikea then perhaps book elsewhere. With thousands of restaurants to choose from surely one would take your fancy.

IKEA ACT, CanberraIKEA NSW, Marsden ParkIKEA NSW, RhodesIKEA NSW, TempeIKEA QLD, LoganIKEA QLD, North LakesIKEA SA, AdelaideIKEA VIC, RichmondIKEA VIC, SpringvaleIKEA WA, Perth
CategoryPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and OutdoorBedroom, Dining, Mattresses, Office and Outdoor
Compare all IKEA