InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials

Cruise and Single Trip

Final outcome satisfactory - took a long time though!

Set up of policy was easy and premium satisfactory. It took over 2 months to settle the claim and correspondence during that period was virtually non-existent despite my repeated requests - a bit annoying and disconcerting. However, the final settlement was satisfactory. I have never used this insurance company before.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

still waiting for response

Still waiting for response of my claim it is over 3mth now. Phoned several times but actually nobody can help. Every time they telling me I'll get something posted soon. Worst insurance company ever. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Sven, I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting a response - this is unusual and completely unacceptable. For privacy reasons I can't ask for further information on a public forum, but I have just sent you a message to get more details so I can follow this up for your. Kind regards, Anna

Great cover , Competitive price.

Have used this company for 2 or 3 times for travel insurances. No claims made . Easy to set up and policy is basic with upgrades if needed and looks good.

DestinationEurope

Fulfilled all our needs

After doing a comparison of all travel insurance sites, I chose this company because of the ease of applying for insurance with multiple health issues. At no stage did I find any 'hidden' costs, everything was quite transparent from the beginning. I have now used them for two annual policies and have no problems in recommending them to my fellow travellers.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Adequately provides my needs for the price

First time using this company after being recommended by a family member, after ringing several other travel insurance companies I found these to be far better and could tailor my needs

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Excellent Choices

The range of cover was perfect but we selected the basic cover for the price and what our needs were. We are seniors so we are on a tight also on a budget.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Impressed by just my basic cover

I was on a holiday with family in Germany and went to on a sailing trip in Croatia. Sailing trip over, I ran after a bus on my way to the airport in Split and tore a muscle in my right calf, went lame, had to go to hospital and missed my flight. Reorganised a new flight after treatment in hospital and got home the same day with a taxi. I was on basic cover and informed InsureandGo of my accident and treatment the day after the incident.
I am very very impressed with their constant care by email, walking me through everything, down to a medical assessment specialist who called me to inquire about the treatment.
I had a 100$ excess and that s what I paid. I got refunded for everything else, and literally everything: the hospital treatment in Croatia, crutches in Croatia, taxi to the airport in Croatia, the entire new flight, taxi home in Germany, new cast and all hospital treatment and medication (blood thinner) in Germany, down to the cost for the doctor s certification that I can fly and taxi back to the airport when it was time for me to come back to Australia, all in all close to 2000$. I did not have to have any of the letters from the hospital in Croatia translated, nor the doctor s report in Germany, not sure how they re doing that, but that was a relief.
I must say it does help if you re organised. Do keep all the receipts and follow the instructions of the insurance and keep them in the loop.
Back in Australia I sat down and drew up a nice timeline with all the happenings and all the original receipts and got refunded everything.
I ll go with them again, that s a no-brainer, but will probably upgrade to even silver next time.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Broken ankle and surgery

Five months ago I fell and broke my ankle in Germany. It required surgery, 5 day hospital stay and physical therapy before I was able to travel home. Insure and Go was very easy and fast to work with and they paid directly to the hospital so I did not have to worry about anything. I had the bronze cover (excellent value for money) but not that I realize what can happen I will take the Gold coverage. Customer service was excellent.

Insurance claim madeYes

Surprise double excess and dental work only available for immediate pain

Cracked my tooth in Prague, called the hotline very upset and received good service and advice there but was told I could only get work done for immediate pain. I did have immediate pain, but if a chunk of someone's tooth falls out the distress of that and risk of infection if left alone should be enough for insurance to cover the work.

In the follow-up email (which was very prompt, that much was appreciated) I was told I had a double excess that was never mentioned on the phone and made it not worthwhile to make any claim.

Also the paperwork to make the claim was ridiculous. Why my GP should have to fill out a page full of questions about my suitability for travel when a clearly unanticipated tooth crack occurred is beyond me.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Sarah S, Thanks for your feedback and sorry to hear about your experience with InsureandGo. InsureandGo policies cover dental treatment for pain relief up to $500, which is detailed in our Product Disclosure Statement. Unfortunately and due to privacy, we cannot discuss the details of your claim and excess details on Product Review. Nevertheless, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 401 177 or assistance@insureandgo.com.au to discuss your claim in more detail. Regards, The InsureandGo Team