InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold

Backpacker, Annual Multi-Trip, Single Trip and Cruise

Peter B.

Peter B.Perth, WA

Very happy with service

I was happy that the policy covers me for all my existing conditions at a reasonable price.
I have purchased a few policy's with them, but have not had to make a claim yet.

ayo

ayoPerth, WA

Healthy Seniors

The policy is good value, but why load it up for us Seniors, I have used InsureandGo for travel insurance, so how are you going to explain it going up $250 from last year and doing the same trip ? its time Insurers saw us as healthy people and not as a stastistic. .this can only be greed ?

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia, New Zealand and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Sharon

SharonDarwin, NT

Great insurance. Gave us peace of mind.

Great value. Previous claims have been dealt with really fast. Fantastic insurance. I always use Insure and Go when I travel. It is good value for money and takes the worry out of travelling.

Grant

Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Clementine Brakenridge

Clementine BrakenridgeIllawarra, NSW

Great customer service, ease of use on line

I received a quote on line, which seemed good value. The next day a consultant rang me to see if there was anything I needed help with, I told her I hadn't made up my mind as yet, so she said she would ring me the next day, which she did. She went through every aspect of the policy, making sure I understood everything. The customer service was excellent, everything I asked to be explained was. The policy was sent to me via email, within minutes. Would recommend them for great customer service, and good value for money.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

Robbo42

Robbo42Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy Hassle Free Cover

Easy online sign up. Covers everything including my pre existing illness for no extra charge. Excellent competitive prices. Have used this company many times for single and multi trip travel insurances. Cant fault it.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNew Zealand and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Graham Booth

Graham Booth

Relevant for our trip to Bali

We have used twice now for our trip to Bali as has option for volcano which others didn't and still as cheap if not cheaper than other insurers wwith better claim values

Amanda

AmandaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cruise insurance that covers everything we need!

I will have used them twice now for cruise travel insurance. After researching the market they covered the most for the best price. Great service and highly recommend to anyone.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationAustralia and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
whitewitch

whitewitchBatehaven

Good Insurance Co. and value for money.

We have used Insureandgo previously and found them satisfactory. I have previous medical issues and this Insurance company were the only ones to insure me. We had to pay a little more, but felt it worthwhile

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
EdT

EdTSydney, NSW

Second Experience with Insure and Go

As this is my second experience with Insure and Go and have not taken any trip yet, I can only comment on the on-line setup experience. It is fairly as expected and reasonably easy to use. I have used several other travel insurance companies, usually one year multi-trip but unhappy with their renew process. It would be good if I can refer to my 1st single trip insurance policy taken only a month ago, instead of doing the medical certificate again.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAfrica, Europe and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Value plus

Excellent value and so easy to set up. We did look at another company which we had used before to compare, and Insure and Go was better value and had better coverage.

DestinationNew Zealand

Good but expensive

Policy seems to be good value but a tad expensive. Am a new Policy holder but yet to travel so cannot comment on effectiveness of Policy taken out until my return.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

BobD

BobD

Won't leave home without one

Online policy very easy to obtain. I have used Insure and Go for several years now for our overseas trips. And being over 70 and having a pre existing medical condition they are about the only insurance company prepared to provide me with travel insurance.

Antonio

AntonioPerth, WA

Excellent Travel Insurance

Family holiday in USA. Son had a fever and went to Emergency Department in Children's Hospital. Found out had ear infection. I paid first by credit card and was reimbursed when I got home. Claiming was simple using online service. Would definitely purchase this insurance again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Good communication

Good communicationHobart, TAS

European Summer

Good value. No claim needed. This was our first time using this insurance company. Have just purchased another for an overseas trip next year. Best to be safe than sorry.

Easy to select insurance

I have only purchased this insurance for travel in April 2020, so unable to rate anything other than the process to select and purchase the insurance. As if have to cover for a number of existing conditions the website was easy to navigate.

DestinationAfrica

Jarrod_ KristyS

Jarrod_ KristySMid North Coast, NSW

Great price!

Easy to set up
Great value.
Any questions were answered promptly.
Good discount offered through websites
Looking forward to being covered when we travel in a few months time to the Asia regions

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager

Great

Good value for the money spent and makes peace of mind . Easy to set up it took no time at all to do on the computer , I think 5 times .

Claim MadeNo

Great cover for a reasonable price

Insure and go were able to cover pre existing conditions (excludes North and South America) at a reasonable cost. Multi Trip cover well worth considering for regular travelers. Telesales staff were helpful and able to answer all my questions.

Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Cruisysteve

CruisysteveHunter Region, NSW

Good price easy online setup happy

Easy to setup purchased 2 policy's but haven been on holidays yet . Yes have been with you's before. Also still have another policy to purchase for latter next year. Have also recommended you's to friends and yes I know they have purchased policy from you's.

DestinationNew Zealand

MPA from South Australia

MPA from South Australiaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

Hi,
I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions:

Adelaide to -
Uk,
Norway,
Denmark,
Germany,
Austria,
Czech Republic,
Spain
In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3)
(Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA)
Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days
(Caribbean area)
Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando
Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days
(Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area)
Return to USA Fort Lauderdale
Head to:
Washington 5 days
New York 5 days
Fly home to Adelaide

Total days away 63

A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us.

Adventure activity:
During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip.

In light of the background I provided:

is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered)
Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)?
How much would a policy cost for this type of trip?

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Michael

InsureandGo Australia
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres.

Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him.

Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna

Theo

Theoasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?

InsureandGo Australia
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Backpacker Gold

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Backpacker Gold

1 review
InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 177
Email Address info@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYesYesYes
Accidental Death$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not Included$3,000$3,000$3,000
Hospital Cash AllowanceUp to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot Included$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)
Permanent Disability$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $300$500$500$500
Delayed Luggage $200 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $2,000$5,000$5,000$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $2,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items), additional optional extra for electronic devices up to a total of $4,000$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $8,000$8,000$8,000$8,000