InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold

IanWollongong

Received Full Amount Claimed For Cancelled Africa Holiday

DestinationAfrica

Ian5050Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not go anywhere near them.

Bought Gold insurance for a trip to the USA in October 2020.
Of course because of the pandemic you can’t/ won’t be able to travel internationally for at least the next 6 to 12 months.
Because of my age 63 and the destination USA I requested a refund of my policy based on health concerns. NOW the response from Insureandgo after multiple emails and phone calls, we will give you 88% of the value of the policy as a credit as we don’t give refunds.
I WILL not be traveling especially USA because of health concerns or anywhere else in the foreseeable future and a request for a refund is reasonable. This company has treated me with distain and contempt, and as a customer this is very, very disappointing.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold compares to other Travel Insurance

JulieCentral West, NSW

Do not touch this company

Holiday to Spain cancelled due to Covid. Several phone calls to Insureandgo had me confident my cancelled trip was covered by my insurer as policy was taken out prior to the Covid outbreak. A partial refund from travel company was accepted based on my understanding of previous phone conversations with insurer that I could claim balance. My claim was refused as was my dispute for non approval.

Claim DateApril 2020
Julie

Yes I feel this is unfair, I will no longer be communicating with you however I will be pursuing other options

No Communication. Very Unhappy

I have been trying for 2 months now to get Insure and Go to assess my claim. I have provided all the necessary paperwork. I email regularly to see what is happening, but they have not responded now for over 2 weeks.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Rebecca, I'm very sorry about the delays you've been experiencing, and I would like to help you. Could you please send me your policy number via private message, and I will follow up on your case soon. Thanks, Anna

REBECCA
REBECCA

I have lodged a formal complaint through AFCA - so I am now waiting on Insureandgo to contact me via my email/phone directly. Thanks

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Rebecca, I will be able to follow up on your case to try and get them to contact you, but to do this I would require your policy number. Thanks, Anna

David and Lynda

David and LyndaSydney, NSW

All good

The policy came with a Seniors' Card discount and pandemic cover. A forced cancellation meant loss of a large deposit. InsureandGo provided the refund (less policy excess) with a minimum of fuss. Very happy with the service.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months

JoeWestern Australia

Second review-so compelled over their incompetence

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Joe, I'm very sorry if there has been an oversight in reviewing your case, and I would like to help you. Could you please provide me with your policy number, and I will investigate on your behalf? Thanks, Anna

Joe

Hi Anna, thanks but I’ve already done this and it didn’t get anywhere.

Bruce n Lesley

Bruce n LesleySydney, NSW

Unacceptable and unsympathetic insurance company Do not use!!

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Dear Bruce, I'm sorry the credit wasn't acceptable. The credit will expire in September 2021, but you can use it to buy a policy with travel dates up until September 2022. Thanks, Anna

Carol

CarolMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Will use Insure and Go again

I have now had two successful Covid claims with Insure and Go. Additionally they insure for complex medical needs. Highly recommend. Both claims were completed within 6 weeks. Just make sure you have all the required paperwork.

DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2020

daniel2945

daniel2945AU

Complaint Against Insure and Go

I am in the process of trying to make a claim (which was taken out months prior to Covid19) however Insure and Go appear not to be wanting to make a payment.

If you share these same concerns, join this Facebook Group so that together, we can get Insure and Go to do the right thing:

Donna JohnstonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Unhappy with Customer Service

Donna Johnston

Good evening Anna, our Travel insurance policy number for follow up is; MS/IG 304130 24477191
I appreciate your assistance with this matter.
Kind regards,

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Donna, thank you for sending this to me. I have followed up on your case with the right people, and they will get in touch with you about your case. Thanks, Anna

Warning - Insure at own Peril

Type of ClaimOther

Joseph GulaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Insure with this company

David

DavidPerth, WA

Absolute Fraudsters

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimOther

Ant Q.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They Insure and Go -with your money

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Ant, I'm sorry our pro-rata credit system was not useful in your case, and if you haven't already done so, I would recommend you contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au. I wish you all the best in finding a resolution. Thanks, Anna

JillNew South Wales

Should have a 0-10 rating system!

DestinationSouth America

RobynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do not use this company!!!

Having used InsureandGo a number of times before and reading how highly regarded they were by CANSTAR I purchased Gold travel insurance pre Covid-19...
My experience with this company has been horrendous...
It took 18 telephone calls, four emails to complaints over two months with no one getting back to me, being told different things every time I called, then after providing proof of financial hardship... I was "generously" offered a partial refund - 60% of what I paid???
I have taken a credit because I am sick of trying and will provide feedback to AFCA but seriously if this is how they treat people they will not be in business very long!!

JaydSoutheast, SA

Not Insured If You Don't Go!!

Jayd

As you have clearly pointed out your obligations. I am going to clearly point out that I as a consumer have a obligation plus a legal right to question this. My complaint has been lodged with the AFCA.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Jayd, I understand, and wish you all the best in getting a resolution. Thanks, Anna

Worst travel insurance company I've ever gone through.

*Bad Bad customer service
Couldn't help with any of my concerns or even a reply within 4 months of lodging a dispute for a refund on my travel insurance that got cancelled with covid 19.
(As Im sure thousands of people have.)
Still on going and gotten no where same old line.
I had to take further action.
I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this company.
And the so called treatment received through keeping our money.
I will never use insure and go again.
I advise to go with a diff insurance company.

Kylie
Kylie

I did that 4 months ago Anna.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Kylie, I'm very sorry for the extended delay you've had with the complaints procedure, and I'd like to follow up on it for you. Could you please send me your policy via private message? Thanks, Anna

Leanne

LeanneSydney, NSW

Call me when the Class Action starts

I have used Insure & Go on several occasions and never had a problem. However, their treatment during this crisis has been deplorable. There will be NO TRAVEL OVERSEAS IN OCTOBER. Our travel agent has refunded our trip, but I can't get the same from you. You have NOT provided a service. You will never be able to provide this service as the travel company has cancelled. Keeping customer payments is fraudulent. When the class action starts call me. Also, as for the where did you travel to field., the answer is NO BLOODY WHERE

Paula O.

Paula O.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold

Hi, we recently settled a clam And received an amount from insure and go and we received a voucher from a resort with 12 month expiry being March 2021. If at that time we are still unable to leave Australia can we claim that voucher on the insurance? Given it can’t be used? Thanks.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Paula, thanks for you patience with this question. If it turns out that your loss does become irrecoverable as the credit note cannot be used, then you are welcome to reopen your claim. Please bear in mind that all of the normal requirements will remain. So for example, you will need to reach out the provider and see if they can extend or refund the credit note first. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Paula O

Paula Oasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold

We purchased gold cover last year for a trip to Bali in July. We can claim the difference between the Airline refund and After excess reductions I s about $100. If we don’t make a claim do we have any option of a partial voucher for the cost of the travel insurance?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Paula, I have sent you some further information on an option that you may be eligible for if you choose not to claim, and instead decide to cancel your policy. If you choose to claim, it sounds like you are eligible to claim (although only the claims team are qualified to give a decision on your claim after considering all details of your claim), but please remember that your standard excess will charge, unless, when you purchased, you chose to reduce your excess to $0. Thanks, Anna

Wendy

Wendyasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold

Was just wondering as we have an annual multi trip policy taken on 27 Dec 2019 what credit you are giving if no claims are made .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Wendy, good question. I'll follow up with you via private message to explain an option that may be applicable for you. Thanks, Anna

Cheryl East
Cheryl East

I was asked to give a review so I did on the bad services I have been given so far. If you don't want people to give a review don't ask!

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives