InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold

Backpacker, Annual Multi-Trip, Single Trip and Cruise

Not what we expected

We had several unfortunate events occur on our last trip to the USA from adelaide. Flight delays and even cancellations and where we thought we would be covered was quickly dismissed as not being part of the cover. Not to mention what was claimable was very quickly chewed up with individual excess amounts per person.

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess, Lost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Stuart, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you had expected. I'm not able to discuss the specifics of your case publicly for privacy reasons, but I would recommend that you appeal the outcome by emailing your claim number to complaints@insureandgo.com.au to have your case re-evaluated. Kind regards, Anna

purchasing an annual seniors travel insurance.

Yes,I think the policy is good value compares the others I have also looked. It was also very easy
to set up with the information required to get a quote.

Claim MadeNo

Low cost Insurance with good reviews

We have used Insure & Go approximately 6 times over the past five years for both overseas and domestic travel and although we have never had to make a claim, we have always felt confidant that we were adequately covered.
As we are now into our seventies, premiums with other Insurers became quite expensive. However, the premiums offered by Insure & Go were much more reasonable and affordable. We were reassured by numerous good reports/reviews.
Taking out our policies has always been simple and well explained.

Claim MadeNo

Covered pre existing conditions at an additional cost

I have just purchased the Travel Insurance and was accepted for declared pre-existing conditions. It was an expensive exercise but I was prepared to pay what I needed to pay to be covered. I have used InsureandGo for a previous trip and was happy with the policy. On both occasions, I applied online and had no problems-it was a very straightforward process. Hopefully I will not have to make any claims and am unable to comment on that process as my travel is for 2020.

Great product

Great Value and ease of mind
No claim lodged nothing to resolve
This is the first time I have used insure and go but won’t be the last would recommend to family and or friends

Excellent Value

I have just bought a domestic travel insurance policy and it appears to be very good value. Additionally it was very easy to research and apply for the policy on the web site.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Excellent customer service

This is good value; as to whether it works out I hope I don’t need to find out.
Customer service in buying was first class. I feel satisfied with the product so far.

Great cover

Great cover for rental car and in case of illness and no show and good value
Used Several times now and luckily have not had to claim. They provide least expensive coverage for my domestic trips.

Claim MadeNo

Rating given for user-friendly website

We’ve not left for our trip yet but I feel confident of the coverage purchased so we can relax and enjoy the holiday now at least :) Five stars for ease of navigating the website and also for including screening questions for additional health conditions.

Claim MadeNo

Great value and easy to apply

Easy to set up and great value. This is my third time using insure and go. I havent had to lodge a claim. I was never interest in looking at other companys

It's Good, But could be better

This is the fourth time I have used Insureandgo and to date I haven't had to make a claim. So all I can state is that it is very user friendly to use online and also super efficient with reply paper work. My only suggestion would be to increase the number of days from 60 to 90 for the gold or multi trip services or have a new class that covered 90 days. Currently I can't take a multi trip policy that covers me for a cruise which is in excess of 60 days

Low premium for Top Cover Travel Insurance

Prices very competitive. Covers pre existing conditions without any hassle. I have used this cover 3 times. Luckily never had to claim. Quote process is very quick and easy and your details from previous quotes come up to pre fill. My friends had used this company and had recommended them when they had had to claim.

Claim MadeNo

I purchased a travel insurance from InsuranceandGo for my very recent holiday. Unfortunately I had a dental accident and has to undergo a dental procedure overseas. I submitted a claim and in less than 3 weeks my claim was paid. The officer who also handled my case is very professional. I recommend this company and will buy their products again in the future.

Type of ClaimOther
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

An insurance well worth taking

I felt my policy was good value. It was easy to set up. The consultant helped me throughout and were quite pleasant. I lodged a claim, and it took me longer to get my forms and statements from doctors than it did to resolve my claim with Insure & Go. I received my claim just over a week which I was pleased.
I have used this insurance company twice and have not been disappointed. On the whole I felt it was good value comparing to some other companies. I have recommended this company to friends.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Pricey but good travel insurance

While expensive and the policy would not cover car hire of over 14 consecutive days (not even for an additional premium!), I am very happy indeed with the emergency assistance provided when my wife broke her arm in a fall 2 days into an extended UK & USA trip. This meant that we had to cancel the USA section completely and fly back to Australia a week later (after treatment - free and excellent, by the way - in the UK). Insure and Go booked and paid for the flights, then settled our rather complicated claim in full after our return. The process may have been smooth because I contacted them (by email, to ensure that we had written correspondence to satisfy the claim documentation) immediately after the accident and then was able to meet all their requirements for certificates, medical reports etc as they requested them - thank God for travelling with a laptop!
Insure and Go's staff were most helpful in establishing the policy and in dealing with the emergency procedures and the resulting claim, which was settled without delay.
This is the second time that we have used the company and I will have no hesitation in using them for our future travel

Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019

Don't do it!

Read the fine print. Make sure you know what the policy will NOT cover. I have travelled extensively and never had to claim until using this policy. I received generic replies as to why my claim was not being paid. I will never use this company again and have advised everyone not be taken in by the 15% off promotion offered to Seniors Card holders.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Deb, I'm sorry you had a negative experience with us. This is very unusual for us, and definitely unacceptable. I want to help to get you a definitive answer on this, but I need more details in order to follow this up. I've sent you a message to request this, since it's against privacy law to discuss the specifics on this public forum. Kind regards, AnnaJust read your reviews on your website, something I wish I had done! I am not alone in this and think it is important to let travellers know that they should buy a policy they can rely on and not fall for 15% off gimmick offered to Seniors.Hi Deb, I understand your frustration, and although most of our reviews are positive (4 or 5 star), I sincerely apologise for the negative experience you've had. Kind regards, Anna

InsureandGo were given a high rating by Choice magazine and after receiving a good quote , it was accepted

I made two calls before accepting the quote. On both occasions, the consultants were thorough and pleasant and even though the process was quite lengthy, there was consistency, which was re-assuring and this helped me to make my final decision to accept the quote

Claim MadeNo

Very happy with claim process

We planned to travel but had to cancel for a medical reason. Claim process was smooth and they covered items not technically part of the policy (e.g. a prepaid international phone plan). They even covered flights when we received travel credits back from the airline! I was very happy, it made dealing with a difficult medical emergency a little easier.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim DateJuly 2019

Consistent customer service

Dealt with one person (Austin) who kept us up tp date with progress emails. We got the impression that he was genuinely trying to assist us with claim. When purchasing the policy information and explanations were forthcoming and staff helpful.

DestinationAfrica
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019

Good insurance

I was happy with the price so I did not shop around
Relatively easy to set up and acceptance immediately
Would have preferred it if it covered travel within Australia
I have used this company twice before and will continue to do so

Claim MadeNo

Sorry, there are no questions about InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold but you can read 184 questions about InsureandGo Australia.

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold CruiseInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Backpacker Gold
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 177
Email Address info@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYesYesYes
Accidental Death$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks
Resumption of Journey $3,000$3,000$3,000Not Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceUp to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of Income$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)Not Included
Permanent Disability$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $500$500$500$300
Delayed Luggage $750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$200 after 24 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000$5,000$5,000$2,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$2,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items), additional optional extra for electronic devices up to a total of $4,000
Luggage & Personal Effects $8,000$8,000$8,000$8,000