InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold

Single Trip, Cruise, Annual Multi-Trip, Backpacker

Phill

PhillHunter Region, NSW

DON'T USE THEM!!!

Looks like there are several of us who fell foul of the "14 Day Cooling Off" clause. We purchased their "policy" just over 5 months ahead of our trip, which was cancelled due to COVID19 a month early by the tour organisation, with a 100% no questions refund, or 124% incentive to rebook. A full refund of airfares and accommodation also. Notwithstanding the severity of COVID19 and that I&G had not been called on to provide any real service -we travelled nowhere - they would not give us even a partial refund, or consider transferring to our rebooked trip.
They have the hide to claim to be an Australian company!

TracyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off Company

Like all the other reviews, this company is a total disgrace..Took my policy out in june 2019, to travel in april, 2020, and off course we can't travel, all I asked for was a credit to use next year when we can travel, the person I spoke to was so rude and said bad luck your 14 day cooling off has expired, so please don't use this company, they will rip you off.

Tracy

Sold me a policy knowing full well wouldn't be able to claim .using covid 19 as excuse not to cover claim

terrible service due to not fully disclosing facts again using covid 19 as a reason when not even told that would happen. Why sell a policy that you have no intention of honouring

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold compares to other Travel Insurance

jbirrell

jbirrellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No goodwill shown in these extraordinary times.

I understand we purchased a contract for specific dates. InsureandGo is running a business-I get that. I unsuccessfully asked for a future credit for when we can reschedule not a refund. The goodwill generated and our future loyalty to the brand in these extraordinary circumstances would have been guaranteed. We are personally seeing generous rescheduling provisions from other ‘non-refundable’ travel arrangers. IAG interestingly have just announced they will refund all their travel insurance policies no longer applicable.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Don't ever use this company - fraudulent

Fraudulent travel insurance company. Hide behind 14 day cooling off clause even though you do not know whether your trip will go ahead at a later time. No refund of premium even though you have not used them.

Paul C

Paul CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They look for any reason to decline your claim

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateMarch 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Paul, I'm sorry for the frustration this unprecendented situation is causing, and I would recommend you contact compalints@insureandgo.com.au where your claim will be lodged officially and your case will be investigated. Thanks, Anna

Glenys .Brisbane

Travel plans cancelled 2 months prior to travel

Purchased more than 6 months in advance, Trip cancelled because of current Virus. Full refund from Jetstar ( credit ), full refund from Bris Airport Parking.
Insure and Go will not refund under any circumstances after the 14 day cooling off period. To be fair I have used them in the past and they have provided a service that I was happy with however I now get no coverage. I would have been satisfied with a credit.

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior

Thank you.

BartWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Don't bother - always find a way not to pay.

Purchased in June 2019 my "Gold" level insurance for a trip to Thailand in March 2020. Way before Covid was alerted. Before I departed travel alert at Level 2 - so decided to go. Got over there and within a couple of days alert lifted to level 4. Do not travel and if overseas come home. Thought I would do the right thing and come home (i.e. minimise risk of getting stuck) as per PM/Gov directive. Lots of money later arrived back in Oz only to discover not covered for any of it. Pure rip off. They encourage you to get travel insurance and really it's not worth the paper it's written on. True - I should have read the whole PDS, but you would think you would be covered. Never again with Insure and Go.

Bart

Hello Anna, how do I sen d a private message?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Bart, just confirming that I have received your private message and replied to it. Thanks, Anna

RachaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't buy bad company to work with!

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Rachael

Hello Anna, thank you for getting back to me, I’ll email them today and see what happens. Regards Rachael

Riley

RileyMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

NEVER AGAIN

Tricia PSydney, NSW

Do not use- waste your money

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Senior
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Tricia, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation you're in, and the frustration it has caused. I would definitely recommend you wait to see the outcome of your official complaint that you lodged via complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Thanks, Anna

Tricia P

Thanks Anna. I will wait but do not hold my breath. I feel very frustrated as I have a trip booked for June to Bali and Hawaii in September, all of which I have insurance with Insure and Go. I may lose three policies . Thanks

Andrew S.

Andrew S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting customer service - Never use again

I purchased insurance PRIOR to COVID-19 in December and due to government shut down I can no longer travel. Every other company gave credit/refund however these pirates claim that that after the 14 day cooling off period, they refuse to do anything. Plus you can't escalate the complaint as grant - the customer service rep is also the complaints person.

Kazza

KazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

So So So Angry

I took Insurance at 3.26 pm 31st Jan 2020 (Brisbane time ) but apparently WHO had declared COVID 19 a World Event at 3pm (Brisbane Time ) so I am not covered. I rang 5 mins before I hit to purchase on the quote and was assured I would be covered. As I have no proof - they don't care. $3500 paid on airfares and accom that I believed was covered now down the drain DO NOT TAKE INSURANCE WITH THEM

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Kazza, just sending this message to confirm that we discussed your case privately. Thanks, Anna

Avoid Insureandgo

Our flight was cancelled by airlines and restrictions here and in Australia mean we can't travel. Asked if we could get a credit of our insurance to travel later this year and they said no. Not unless its within 14 days of purchasing the product. Have always used InsureandGo but so unfair what a rip off wont be using them ever again. Even airlines are refunding or giving a credit.

DestinationNew Zealand

MICALLEFGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non transfer

DUE to covd-19 our flights to and from thailand MAY-JUNE have been cancelled...........Insure and Gone. No options to transfer to later dates of travel. Am informed not in cooling off period?.....$515..Not bad for doing nothing. .How many customers in this global shutdown have you parted with their money. I would suggest many. Legal fraud. To put a name to it. Would not even come close. Have insured with your company before. how ordinary. LOUIS MICALLEF

KevinSouth East Queensland, QLD

NoRefund

Please Know that if you take out a policy with Insureandgo and you flights are cancelled if it`s not within the 14 day cooling off period ,, You Lose your Money .Tough Luck .

DestinationAfrica
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimOther and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim ApprovedNo
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Kevin, I'm sorry you're frustrated at the outcome of your refund request. I would encourage you to email complaints@insureandgo.com.au to lodge a formal complaint, which will be investigated by our internal disputes resolution team. Thanks, Anna

russ

russ

haven't gone yet

have used you a couple of times but would like to leave my review till time if I have to claim this time. will let you know then. haven't traveled yet

Jeannie

JeannieNew South Wales

Rip off - wont credit insurance for coronavirus travel

Myself and 2 friends spent more than $900 on gold cruise insurance. My flight was cancelled by airlines and restrictions here and in Australia mean we can't travel. Asked if we could get a credit of our insurance for next year to travel and they l no. Not unless its within 14 days of purchasing thep product. So unfair what a rip off wont be using them ever again.

Complete Rip Off

Should be Insure and get nothing. Like so many others we did the right thing in insuring with the above (can't say their name again as it makes me feel sick) but after the Australian government told us not to go overseas we abided by the government's response and asked for a refund as we have not used their policy yet but was blatantly told NO REFUND, I then asked if we could move it and again was told NO. For everyone thinking of using this mob, think again they are a complete rip-off and we will never use them again. Surely the Consumer affairs or even A Current Affair may be interested in these people! Not happy one bit. It is called theft, and they should be prosecuted for stealing our money :(

Lisa R.

Lisa R.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Never again.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager

grannyma

grannymaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

Would we be covered by our insurance for a refund fee of $900 per person ($1800)for overseas flights? Policy taken out 15/1/2020. We do not wish for a credit on these flights as we will not be able to travel in the prescribed time given by the airline

Kevin

grannyma , Ring 1300136374 and ask to speak to Nathan . He will tell you .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Grannyma, thanks for reaching out. It's impossible for me to tell without knowing all the details of your claim, but based on your purchase date, you are eligible to claim assuming your level of cover was Silver or Gold.

Please see the below link which includes a list of the documents you will need to submit along with your claim, and the contact details you will need to submit your claim by email or post.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just reach out.

Thanks, Anna

Barrie C.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

We took out insurance cover for our Cruise (GOLD Cruise policy) This was back in 2019, way before COVID-19 was announced or made a pandemic. Our cruise has been cancelled due to the government advising against the travel on non-essential organised gatherings of 500 or more. The cruise would of had over 3,000 people on board. Will your policy cover us or do we have to go to arbitration along the legal road.

Barrie C.

I guess the question was way too hard!

Melissa R.
Melissa R.

I am in the same boat so to speak! Lol hope we can recover funds if not travelling at all good luck Barrie C.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Barrie and Melissa, thanks for reaching out. Our cover for coronavirus hinges on when your policy was purchased. All policies bought after 4:00pm on 31st January 2020 have an exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Barrie, it sounds like you purchased your policy long before this cut off, so your policy has no exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Having said this, we do not cover claims based on change of mind, or fear of travel, and in order to make a claim relating to cancellation on medical grounds, there would need to be a medically valid reason and evidence for this. We published a travel alert that details our position on the coronavirus outbreak, so please read the following as it may be helpful for you: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/latest_update-global-coronavirus-outbreak.jsp Thanks, Anna

Rach

Rachasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

How long after a trip is booked and deposit is paid do you have to organise travel insurance to be covered for cancellation? And are you only covered for costs you paid after this time. Thanks

Husky
Husky

If you have booked and paid a decent deposit ( not just $100) I usually get insurance straight away in case something happens ( eg illness/ accident). Most holidays are booked 6/12 to a year in advance and a lot of money up front. If you intend to get insurance anyway- get it earlier rather than later because it covers you ( less excess) for all your costs if you meet the criteria. Read the PDS -(50 pages!!) boring but worth the effort.
NB - doing 4 trips ( each up to 3 wks )this year but works out cheaper to do one trip policies rather than an annual policy - depends on length / medical issues and age. Do multiple quotes to compare. I also get natural disaster but everyone to their own.
Doing x2 long w/e family trips to NZ also but using credit card insurance- mainly to cover hire car - damage excess.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Rach, great question, and thanks for your contribution Husky.

Regarding cancellation cover: provided you purchase your travel insurance policy before your travels begin, you can purchase travel insurance at any time before, or after booking your travel (e.g. flights and accomodation). As long as you incur loss, and have a valid claim, you are able to claim the costs of elements of your travel booked before you purchased your policy, and what you booked after you purchased your policy, as long as it is booked before your travel commences.

As Husky rightly says, I would strongly encourage you to familiarise yourself with the details of the PDS.

I hope this helped.