InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance

Gold, Silver, Bare Essentials

GAB

GABSouth East Queensland, QLD

How dare you

I purchased gold cruise cover in December 2019 for 9 people costing over $1500. Due to Covid-19 I expected Insure and Go to refund the money paid for insurance as other insurance companies were doing so. I was told to email complaints and I have now received a reply saying no refund. This company has no morals are are happy stealing money from their clients.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child, Senior and Teenager
Tricia

TriciaSouth East Queensland, QLD

All is not as it seems.

Melly

MellyLaunceston, TAS

Not allowing a credit like the airlines are

I am flabbergasted that this company are not doing their bit like airlines and other companies are, and allowing customers to be in credit to use products that are no longer able to, due to the virus. How dare they profiteer from such a situation! There will be months of pre-paid travel customers who will have to pay double - pay again once they have new dates. I am going to take this as far as I can if they do not do the ethical thing.

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

they are bandits

took out on 14th January 2020 for a trip 1st may 2020 which the cruise and airline have cancelled . I requested to change the date of poliCy until 21st April 2021 they won't do it so I have lost my money without service being provided. my friend went with another firm and they allowed them to change. shameful behavior insure and don't go won't be using them again and advice others not to.

Pauline KeaysMid North Coast, NSW

Watch out for tours cancelled out of your control.

I took out Gold cruise cover in June 2019, for the Canada Alaska tour, due to commence May 2020. Tour was cancelled and Insure and Go won't cover me. Disappointing.

Steve

StevePerth, WA

3 months and still waiting for claim

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess, Lost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo

These people are theives

We now cannot travel (Corona) but Insureandgo won't refund or credit the money we have paid for a policy we can't use. Customer service is non existant. Tried phone, email and FB messaging but just get no help.

Phil
Phil
Benzo

BenzoCentral West, NSW

Unbelievable inflexibility

LeoniePerth

Will never buy from them again

Leonie

Anna what did you not understand about my comment when I said that I had appealed and never got a response?
So you said to email complaints to appeal....I did and never got a response.

Paul L.South East Queensland, QLD

Robbed

WOW! How can a company like this simply pocket your money and be so totally callous as to not even agree to a credit or a date change during a event like we are currently going through. This is a very narrow minded approach to business robbing people once but after 6 policies with them i will head straight to their opposition regardless if they are more expensive. I urge everyone considering Insure and Go to simply Go elsewhere. So much for we are all in this together.

Claim ApprovedNo
Paul L.

It has been lodged to that email. And like your generic insincere apology i hold little hope of a positive outcome. The damage to your company can be reversed by simply offering a credit without this having to jump through hoops.

Outrageous

So here we have a company prepared to grab money for a policy they will not honour or provide a service for. Would prefer to give this mob zero stars if possible. Outright rejection with a standard reply from an unfortunate front line employee. The company has no clues, nor interest in their customers at this most difficult time. Everything you thought about insurance companies but far worse. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid

DestinationAfrica
jbs

About time you changed the copy and paste automatic response to poor reviews Anna.

Simon M.

Simon M.Sydney, NSW

Let me down badly

I'm very disappointed with Insure&Go (who I've used several times). The issue is with this Corona virus mess.

I had to cancel my May trip to the UK, but we were waiting to see how things developed before we changed the dates and / or cancelled.

Insure&Go said they would have covered the cancelation costs if we'd notified them before February - when we had no idea how things would pan out.

If they were going to offer this cancelation facility they should have notified all policy holders about it. As it is, I'm out of pocket (unless I rebook my travel dates) by over $7,000 and they will do nothing for me.

Phill

PhillHunter Region, NSW

DON'T USE THEM!!!

Looks like there are several of us who fell foul of the "14 Day Cooling Off" clause. We purchased their "policy" just over 5 months ahead of our trip, which was cancelled due to COVID19 a month early by the tour organisation, with a 100% no questions refund, or 124% incentive to rebook. A full refund of airfares and accommodation also. Notwithstanding the severity of COVID19 and that I&G had not been called on to provide any real service -we travelled nowhere - they would not give us even a partial refund, or consider transferring to our rebooked trip.
They have the hide to claim to be an Australian company!

Diva15

Diva15Queensland

Good cover

It was good value, but no refund or partial refund or credit for the cancellation of our trip due to Corona Virus. I feel this was something out of our control. When I took out the cover there were no travel restrictions. This is probably more indicative of the industry than a failing of a particular insurance company. There was a disclaimer that if the insurance was taken out after a particular date I should have been aware of possible travel restrictions! If I was clairvoyant Id have done Lotto instead. We are advised not to leave insurance until the last minute but that is exactly what I should have done. Very disappointing.

DestinationNew Zealand

MarkRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Total scam

No policy refund or even credit offered , can’t fly due to government ban and flights canceled , 3rd time customer who will never use these deadbeats again. They will be laughing all the way to bank , can only imagine what it would be like if you tried to make a claim . Will definitely post them on Facebook and every media outlet l can think of

Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child

Rob S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Travel Insurance Not Honored thru Insure and Go

Jas

Unhelpful in current vivid situation

Unable to get a credit because cruise cancelled. Said because travel ban in place it absolves them of any liability. Person on the end of phone nice enough but a standard response was all he could give. Will not use again

Thanks I will do that

Richard AsmusNortheast, VIC

Not good enough when dealing with the covid 19 virus.

I could not get a refund or credit on my travel insurance because of the cancellation of all flights due to the Corona virus. They would be making a lot of money from this very sad world event. I will not be using this company again.

Richard Asmus

Hi Anna. I have sent an email to the complaints office yesterday, along with a copy of my travel policy.
I am waiting for a response from them.
Regards
Richard Asmus.

TracyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off Company

Like all the other reviews, this company is a total disgrace..Took my policy out in june 2019, to travel in april, 2020, and off course we can't travel, all I asked for was a credit to use next year when we can travel, the person I spoke to was so rude and said bad luck your 14 day cooling off has expired, so please don't use this company, they will rip you off.

Matthew B

Matthew BMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Insure & Go are shysters - don't deal with them

Markasked

International Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials (Single Trip)

Why does your company have no morals or ethics , do you understand people are now unemployed and can’t pay bills yet you won’t refund policy’s or give credit

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mark, I understand you are upset, and would recommend you go through the formal channel for complaints, which is to email your policy number to complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Thanks, Anna

Paul L.

They WONT give us our money back or even a credit....Airlines and accommodation has. Tell anyone who listens NEVER use this company

grannyma

grannymaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

Would we be covered by our insurance for a refund fee of $900 per person ($1800)for overseas flights? Policy taken out 15/1/2020. We do not wish for a credit on these flights as we will not be able to travel in the prescribed time given by the airline

Kevin
Kevin

grannyma , Ring 1300136374 and ask to speak to Nathan . He will tell you .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Grannyma, thanks for reaching out. It's impossible for me to tell without knowing all the details of your claim, but based on your purchase date, you are eligible to claim assuming your level of cover was Silver or Gold.

Please see the below link which includes a list of the documents you will need to submit along with your claim, and the contact details you will need to submit your claim by email or post.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just reach out.

Thanks, Anna

Barrie C.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

We took out insurance cover for our Cruise (GOLD Cruise policy) This was back in 2019, way before COVID-19 was announced or made a pandemic. Our cruise has been cancelled due to the government advising against the travel on non-essential organised gatherings of 500 or more. The cruise would of had over 3,000 people on board. Will your policy cover us or do we have to go to arbitration along the legal road.

Barrie C.

I guess the question was way too hard!

Melissa R.
Melissa R.

I am in the same boat so to speak! Lol hope we can recover funds if not travelling at all good luck Barrie C.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Barrie and Melissa, thanks for reaching out. Our cover for coronavirus hinges on when your policy was purchased. All policies bought after 4:00pm on 31st January 2020 have an exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Barrie, it sounds like you purchased your policy long before this cut off, so your policy has no exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Having said this, we do not cover claims based on change of mind, or fear of travel, and in order to make a claim relating to cancellation on medical grounds, there would need to be a medically valid reason and evidence for this. We published a travel alert that details our position on the coronavirus outbreak, so please read the following as it may be helpful for you: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/latest_update-global-coronavirus-outbreak.jsp Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives