InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance

Bare Essentials, Gold and Silver

travel insurance

Good value for money. Rang insureandgo to ask a question, the customer service line was busy, left my details, they called me back within a reasonable time frame.
Happy with insureandgo thus far.

Travel Insurance - a necessary evil

I doubt that there is any such thing as "The Perfect Travel Insurance", but travel insurance with InsureandGo has allowed us to enjoy past travels with only limited worries about all the possible problems and disasters that international travel can encounter. Fortunately we have thus far avoided any misfortune that required the lodging of a claim, and long may this continue.

Beware

My wife and I are going overseas in June 2020 so I statred shopping for travel insurance. As I have pre existing medical conditions I shopped around and answered all questions ith all insurers honestly. .With the added costs for my conditions most came in around $600 - 700, which is fairly consistent with what I have paid in the past. I magine my dismay when Insure & Go came in at nearly $3500!!!!

Please Beware

We recently purchased travel insurance with InsureandGo for a cruise and subsequent travel in the USA. This was based on reviews I had read. We were faced with a mechanical delay with our aircraft in Brisbane and missed our subsequent flights in America. I assumed this would be covered with our insurance, because of previous experience. Nope. The fine print is that you have to have been delayed for 12 hours before they will let you claim. Come on. This is ridiculous. Not only that, but the Asian call centre I was directed to, made it impossible to understand what she was saying. I WILL never purchase insurance with this company again, and I suggest you shop around and use more reputable companies for your travel needs.

Claim MadeNo
Hi KJC, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome your expected. I'm not part of the claims team, and so unfortunately, I can't see the exact details of your case. But I can confirm that delay coverage applies to delays over 12 hours. You are able to lodge a formal complaint, and request that your case be reviewed, by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Thanks, Anna

Good Insurance

Policy was good value and easy to set up. Haven't had to and hopefully won't need to lodge a claim. This is the second time I have used and will be using again shortly.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

Quick and simple and all explained

It was easy to select Insure and Go after review three other travel insurance providers. Everything was clear and explanations provided. This is the second time we have used them for a single trip insurance

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child

Always rely on Insure and Go

We have used Insure and Go many times over the past 8+years, they have always been pleasant to deal with. Have only had 1 claim in this time, which was handled most efficiently.
Any problems regarding decisions we have had to make about the most appropriate policy to take, we have been shown great courtesy.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Really disappointed and annoyed with myself

I have used Insure and go several times domestically and internationally without having to make any claims and I always thought it was a cheap policy but offered good value for money. My upcoming trip is for 20 days internationally. I stupidly did not read all 84 pages of the PDS word for word and failed to realise they only cover 15 days consecutive car hire. I feel this should be made clearer when they disclose the excess car cover in the front policy. The disappointing thing is the response from them when I called to see if I could pay more to extend the car hire cover and even more disappointed in the email they sent shutting me down.
Don’t make the same mistake I made. For an extra $18.00 I could have got a premium policy from RACV. Lesson learnt I will never use Insure and Go again. Customer service goes a long way......

Claim MadeNo
Hi there, I'm sorry you feel the car hire cover period is insufficient, and I will definitely pass on your feedback about this aspect of the cover. If you are still within the 14 day cooling off period, you are able to cancel your policy and get a full refund, providing that you have not claimed on the policy or commenced your trip. Hope this helps, Anna

Excellent phone service

I had a very good consultant who knew his product well. He called me back at an agreed time to set up my daughter’s policy. Very reliable. I have used this company many tines.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAfrica, Australia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Easy for first time

First time user, easy to set up, haven't travelled as yet, hopefully wont need to make a claim, covered my pr existing medical condition online, which was great. Happy me

Good Cover for over 70's

We have Taken out annual multi trip travel cover with InsureandGo for 5 years now. We are happy with the cover and fortunately to date we have not needed to make a claim.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip

Terrible claim service!

I have provided all documents requested and they are drawing out my claim for no reason. I was told it would be within 10 days, 6 weeks later still no answer after many phone calls. I am sick and unfortunately had to cancel my trip. I provided a doctor’s letter confirming that my symptoms started well after I took out the insurance and also that I am too unwell to travel. I also provided cancellation documents and receipts but apparently that’s not enough! They are now wanting to investigate my health history for the past 5 years! It’s stressful enough that I had to cancel my holiday let alone be stressed about not getting my money back! I’ve had terrible service and would never go through this company again. I’m very disappointed that somehow they have a good rating with choice and Canstar. It’s probably because they are cheap and say that they cover lots of things but in reality when you actually need to claim, they make it very hard! Why bother even having insurance!

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Chrissy, I'm sorry you're finding the claims process to be drawn out, and I understand your frustration. Our claims team usually have a response within 10 days as you say, and this delay is very unusual. Although I'm not familiar with your specific case, it sounds like our claims team are trying to confirm that the illness preventing you from travelling was not an undeclared pre-existing medical condition. I have sent you a message to get more details so I can sort this out for you. Thanks, Anna

Easy to use and great price

So easy to set up a policy and best price after I compared a few. No excess for my daughter either who has a medical condition. My mother also uses insure and go, and we will keep using.

Insurance Cover For:Teenager
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), North America (inc. Hawaii), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Still awaiting result of cancellation claim

Policy was good value as wife has a medical condition which was fully disclosed, ( and paid a lot extra for). Claim lodged with all documents 3 weeks ago and still waiting result. This is the third time using this company, one no claim, one claim, ( less than policy cost ), one still unresolved.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedNo

Easy to set up, extremely difficult to make claim for stolen items

Police apprehended the thief who stole the items who also made a confession and was subsequently jailed. Claiming for the stolen items was so difficult and had to be addressed by insureandgo internal disputes resolution department as per required procedures. The claim was paid out in part only after many emails. Insurers required original receipts or copies as proof of ownership and that the EDMI number for the mobile phone (which I had not heard of before) to be blocked and photos of items stolen were not accepted as proof either. The insurer also claimed an excess for each of which they termed different categories. I would not take out a policy with insureandgo again.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Diane, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you'd expected. I'm not familiar with your specific case, so I can only give general advice. I can confirm that the IMEI number of the mobile phone is crucial to have, as it allows you to permanently block your phone, this prevents your stolen phone being used by the thief or others. I can also confirm that we require proof of ownership for items claimed, and photos are generally not accepted as proof of ownership, although in some extenuating circumstances, we may consider other means. I would recommend contacting the dispute team to see if there is any other form of evidence you're able to provide in your specific case. Regarding the excess, we offer the option of reducing your excess to $0 during the application process. This is an option I would recommend if you do not want to be charged an excess when claiming, and it is a feature that may be offered by other providers too. Thanks, AnnaHi Anna, I had no problem with the $200 excess but was unaware that it would be applied multiple times, as for the IMEI number of a mobile phone it appears that few people are aware of this even existing. I would also point out to you that most people would not have receipts for all their possessions and cash when they travel. It seems to me that you make it as near as possible for anyone to make a reasonable and successful claim on a policy taken out with Insureandgo. Regards, DianeHi Diane, I can confirm that the excess is applied per person, per section, for any given event, as stated in the PDS, and I will forward your feedback about this to the right people. Regarding the IMEI number, I can't comment on how well known it is, but it is very important to ensure a lost or stolen phone is blocked from being used in future. Regarding the proof of ownership, I would still recommend that you contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au, with proof of ownership that you are able to provide, outside of receipts, although I cannot guarantee this will change the outcome of your claim. Thanks, Anna

A necessary evil when travelling!

Was easy to set up and was reasonable value. Have used InsureandGo several times before. Fortunately, it has not been necessary to make a claim so cannot comment on this aspect.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Insurance experience

Easy to set up and it has good value. I have used this insurance many times when I travel. Even though haven't really clsimed for any loss, I have clsimed for dental and it was easy. Can't remember how long it took.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Good value

Easy to see what you get good value and reputable company used many times all over the world there is far too much info required here its all just so much b****

Straightforward on line application

Good value and very easy to setup a policy, especially if you aren't travelling as a couple. Luckily I have never had to claim. I have used them five times recently.

Claim MadeNo

read everything do not take cover

We spent $500 on our insurance. We missed our flight due to circumstances out of our control and had to fly two days later and we were advised we are not covered under our gold policy . This is one of the reasons we would take insurance. Do not buy insurance with this company. You can not check or read everything about everything but you would think this would be automatically be covered be careful.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Phil, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you'd expected. I'm not familiar with the specifics of your case as I'm not part of the claims team, but I would recommend you email complaints@insureandgo.com.au with your claim number. This will lodge a formal complaint and trigger a review of your case. Thanks, Anna

Hi, I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions: Adelaide to - Uk, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Spain In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3) (Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA) Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days (Caribbean area) Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days (Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area) Return to USA Fort Lauderdale Head to: Washington 5 days New York 5 days Fly home to Adelaide Total days away 63 A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us. Adventure activity: During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip. In light of the background I provided: is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered) Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)? How much would a policy cost for this type of trip? Your feedback would be appreciated, Cheers, Michael
Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip! Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres. Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him. Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price. I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?
Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials CruiseInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Bare Essentials (Single Trip)InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold CruiseInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Backpacker GoldInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Silver CruiseInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Backpacker SilverInsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Silver (Single Trip)
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Contact Number 1300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 1771300 401 177
Email Address info@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.auinfo@insureandgo.com.au
24-Hour Phone Contact YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
Online Live Chat YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes
UnderwriterMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui SumitomoMitsui Sumitomo
Maximum Age Covered 79 years old79 years old100 years old100 years old100 years old64 years old100 years old64 years old100 years old
Medical Coverage
Overseas Emergency Assistance UnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Accidental DeathNot IncludedNot Included$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000$37,500Not Included$37,500
Emergency Dental$500$500$500$500$500$500$500$500$500
Pregnancy (max weeks) 32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks32 weeks
Resumption of Journey Not IncludedNot Included$3,000$3,000$3,000Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Hospital Cash AllowanceNot IncludedNot IncludedUp to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $5,000Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $2,500Up to $50 per completed 24 hours up to $500Up to $75 per completed 24 hours up to $2,500
Overseas Emergency Medical & Hospital ExpensesUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimitedUnlimited
Loss of IncomeNot IncludedNot Included$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)$10,400 (maximum $1,733.33 per month)Not Included$5,200 (maximum $866.66 per month)Not Included$5,200 (maximum $866.66 per month)
Permanent DisabilityNot IncludedNot Included$50,000$50,000$50,000$50,000$37,500Not Included$37,500
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash Not IncludedNot Included$500$500$500$300$250$200$250
Delayed Luggage Not IncludedNot Included$750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$750 after 24 hours$200 after 24 hours$500 after 24 hours$100 after 24 hours$500 after 24 hours
Credit Card FraudNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Travel Documents / Passport Not IncludedNot Included$5,000$5,000$5,000$2,000$2,500$1,000$2,500
Maximum Single Item Limit $500 (single article/set of items)$500 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$3,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items)$2,000 (electronic devices), $750 (single article/set of items), additional optional extra for electronic devices up to a total of $4,000$2,000 (electronic devices), $500 (single article/set of items)$1,000 (electronic devices), $500 (single article/set of items), additional optional extra for electronic devices up to a total of $2,000$2,000 (electronic devices), $500 (single article/set of items)
Luggage & Personal Effects $2,000 (excluding electronic devices and valuables)$2,000 (excluding electronic devices and valuables)$8,000$8,000$8,000$8,000$6,000$3,000$6,000
Ancillary
Personal Liability $1,500,000.00$1,500,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$5,000,000.00$2,500,000.00$2,500,000.00$1,500,000.00$2,500,000.00
Rental Vehicle Excess Not IncludedNot Included$4,000$4,000$4,000$4,000$4,000Not Included$4,000
Motorbike / Moped Coverage Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Domestic Pet Care Not IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Special Activities Packages
GolfOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional ExtraNot IncludedOptional Extra
CruiseIncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedNot IncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Adventure IncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Snow / SkiOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Compare all InsureandGo Australia