InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance

Gold, Silver, Bare Essentials

Cruiser

CruiserSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent Insurance for the older traveller

The policy was straight forward, easy to understand and simple to set up This is the second time we have have this Insurance product. Best value for the holiday cruise we have booked.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Mazz-Man

Mazz-ManMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Recent insurance purchases

Gold policy was very good value.
Very easy to arrange online.
I have now used InsureandGO three times for overseas travel and domestic travel.
So far its been excellent.
The proof of how good it is will be if and when there is a claim !

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

The process was so easy

It was very easy to set up my policy. I have never used this company before and I was surprised how quick and easy the whole process was. I will recommend InsureandGo to family and friends.

JtotheR

JtotheRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Service - Good Product

Easy to use and with good policy coverage. I have used them three times now. I have never made a claim but feel comfortable that it would be a painless experience.

Elaine

ElaineSydney, NSW

Excellent product

Have used Insure and Go many times without having to claim
My husband has pre-existing medical conditions which we declare and pay appropriate loading
Due to an unexpected event which was never suspected we had to cancel a very exciting trip for him to undergo surgery. Claim was paid out with a month.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South America
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Graeme Kent

Graeme KentCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very happy with the cover

I have used Insure and Go for many years - no claims, but comforted by the support offered if needed. It is always quick and easy to set up and I believe for my needs value for money, as I operate a small charity and we are always conscious of our spending.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

with pre existing medical issue insurance was still affordable

Was good value given my medical history and so i had comfort of being covered while on holidays . No claim required however i really needed doctor and hospital cover during my time away form Aust

Easy peasy

Getting a quote and following through to purchasing the policy was well explained, easy to follow and quite a simple process. Much less complicated than expected. Price was competitive. Yet to travel so will see the full value of the policy once we have returned.

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo

Good insurance at a good price

I declared two pre-existing conditions and the premium did not go up one cent. Meanwhile I've had no end of trouble getting insurance from another provider for income protection. Definitely recommend.

Colin

ColinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

AS GOOD AS IT COULD BE

Value go your money.
Fortunately so far have not had to make a claim.
Making 2 trips in 2020 have just purchased for both.
Have used them a few times

Diana A

Diana AGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great value and excellent customer service

Accidentally my insurance was incorrect by one day and they fixed it without extra charge and very quickly. I am very grateful for the customer service. Thanks for the service

DestinationSouth America

Sammymg

SammymgDarwin, NT

Great Value coverage

InsureandGo is very easy to apply for and very reasonably priced. I always get some kind of a discount :)
I am glad I have never had to use it, but it certainly provides comfort!

Clear, easy to use

I have not been on the trip yet, but so far Insureandgo has been excellent. The website inquiry was clear, easy to follow and straightforward, despite our many health issues

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
DestinationNew Zealand

Great value

Good value and easy to purchase on line. This was my 4th annual policy. The only hitch I have had is completing this review as the system requires a minimum of 30 words

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance TypeMulti-Trip
KVDB

KVDBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quick and easy insurance

Quick and easy insurance. Easy online insurance at a great rate. We have used insure & go a few times and been very happy with competitive rate. Have not needed to lodge a claim.

Ian C.

Ian C.Gippsland, VIC

Simple and transparent

I have used this company twice and although I have never claimed against it I felt assured that I would be able to contact them easily.
Having never travelled overseas before I found the process online to be efficient and effective.
The ability to surrender any medical conditions whatsoever gave me the assurance that they knew exactly who I was my state if health with any risk based conditions. This in turn gave me satisfaction that issues with any claims would not be apparent.

Claim MadeNo

The gold option is perfect for this trip

The gold policy suited this trip much cheaper than other insurances we had looked at Use insure and go all the time as it is one option for seniors Im not over confident using computers but this policy was very easy to do

Mel S

Mel S

Havent travelled as yet, but the purchasing of the product was easy

It Seems like good value for money and good piece of mind. Hopefully we wont have to use it but its always worth having cover when travelling domestically or overseas.

Marinator

MarinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very easy to navigate website and answer questions

First time policy holder and have not travelled yet. The proof will be if, and I hope not, a claim has to be made. Was recommended to me because of an easy claim process.

DestinationMiddle East

Farmer

FarmerVictoria

Farmer

This is the first time using InsureandGo so far so good. Not travelling until next year but the set up process was easy and I felt it was good value compared to other travel insurance.

DestinationNew Zealand

DonnyDo

DonnyDoasked

I have read there are various discounts offered when taking out a policy. The cover is for my 86 year old mum. I have also read in the reviews that on occasion claiming for cancelling of a trip is not covered, can you advise why this would be?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi DonnyDo, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, we do sometimes run campaigns where we will provide a discount, although the offer will vary, and discount campaigns run at different times and across different channels.

Regarding cancellation cover: it is available on Silver and Gold policies only, so purchasing a Bare Essentials would mean you are not covered for cancellation. Furthermore, as with any insurance product, there are also conditions that apply to the cover. For example, you will not be covered for cancellation due to: changing your mind, if you could not travel due to failure to obtain a passport or visa, or if you failed to check in according to your itinerary. This list is by no means exhaustive - there are other conditions and exclusions you should definitely be aware of. I strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with any and all situations where cancellation cover does not apply: please see Section A (page 19-20) of the PDS, which you can review here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna

MPA from South Australia

MPA from South Australiaasked

Hi,
I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions:

Adelaide to -
Uk,
Norway,
Denmark,
Germany,
Austria,
Czech Republic,
Spain
In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3)
(Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA)
Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days
(Caribbean area)
Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando
Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days
(Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area)
Return to USA Fort Lauderdale
Head to:
Washington 5 days
New York 5 days
Fly home to Adelaide

Total days away 63

A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us.

Adventure activity:
During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip.

In light of the background I provided:

is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered)
Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)?
How much would a policy cost for this type of trip?

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Michael

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres.

Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him.

Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna

Theo

Theoasked

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives