InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

they are bandits

took out on 14th January 2020 for a trip 1st may 2020 which the cruise and airline have cancelled . I requested to change the date of poliCy until 21st April 2021 they won't do it so I have lost my money without service being provided. my friend went with another firm and they allowed them to change. shameful behavior insure and don't go won't be using them again and advice others not to.

Pauline KeaysMid North Coast, NSW

Watch out for tours cancelled out of your control.

I took out Gold cruise cover in June 2019, for the Canada Alaska tour, due to commence May 2020. Tour was cancelled and Insure and Go won't cover me. Disappointing.

Benzo

BenzoCentral West, NSW

Unbelievable inflexibility

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise compares to other Travel Insurance

Sold me a policy knowing full well wouldn't be able to claim .using covid 19 as excuse not to cover claim

terrible service due to not fully disclosing facts again using covid 19 as a reason when not even told that would happen. Why sell a policy that you have no intention of honouring

jbirrellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No goodwill shown in these extraordinary times.

I understand we purchased a contract for specific dates. InsureandGo is running a business-I get that. I unsuccessfully asked for a future credit for when we can reschedule not a refund. The goodwill generated and our future loyalty to the brand in these extraordinary circumstances would have been guaranteed. We are personally seeing generous rescheduling provisions from other ‘non-refundable’ travel arrangers. IAG interestingly have just announced they will refund all their travel insurance policies no longer applicable.

jbirrell

I did email the address you have given which is the basis of my review. Untold damage to the brand and future turnover when you read all the similar reviews.

Julie H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Extremely disappointing outcome

Disappointed our cruise cancelled and so chose to cancel accommodation, airfares etc Policy was taken out in good faith 9 months beforehand. Now advised we have no claims nor refund/credits.

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Julie, I'm sorry about the situation you find yourself in, and I recommend you contact info@insureandgo.com.au. They will be able to assist with your case. Thanks, Anna

Lack of disclosure

Very disappointed to be told 3 weeks after purchasing insurance that there is no cover for covid-19
At time of purchase their banner on the website stated no cover for travel to China. There was no mention of covid-19
Also due to some medical issues had a long conversation with a staff member over the phone prior to purchasing insurance and also not once was I informed that covid-19 issues would not be covered.
There is also no mention of covid-19 not being covered in any of the information they sent me after purchase.
They have offered me a full refund however

Disappointed
Disappointed
John

JohnIllawarra, NSW

This a stupid self serving questionnaire. Look at your , why am I even bothering

Very complicated question then I won’t complete why should I even bother with such an ill informed questionnaire. Why must I have thirty words. I bet you will not reply

Post Purchase Review

We were very satisfied with the coverage offered and the cost was very competitive. Found applying online easy to follow. I informed company that I had blood pressure, but under control with medication - no extra cost. Told company that I had had a DVT several years ago. I have flown many times to Europe since without issue as the clot was not caused by flying and is controlled by blood thinners and regularly monitored. Extra cost added. The clot is a result of having Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Software did not allow me to say this. This is first time we have used the company.

Martin A.

Martin A.South East Queensland, QLD

very happy with the service

Had to call as i did not include flight time to the policy and needed 2 extra days added, this was done at no cost and a very helpful lady on the line

Shell

ShellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good coverage

Applied on line and found it satisfactory to navigate. No claims made always hope this will not be needed. Have used this company before, not sure how many times. I have recommended to my friends and so far two other couples have used this company for this trip and one previously. There were cheaper options but was not comfortable with their offers. Reviews positive from other users. Have not travelled yet.

Easy to use

Second time user , find it very easy to use and getting quick response back , did some checking and they appear to be very competitive with a good price , haven't had to call yet for any reason I can only hope that the transition of a claim is as quick and easy should a claim be made in the future .

DestinationNew Zealand

Wouldn’t be without it

Trouble free set up first time user with insure and go
Mostly very good reviews
I did my research and this insurance had much better reviews than my regular insurer so decided to give them a go.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

Great value travel insurance

We have been using Insureand Go for several years now. The main reason is because the 1st time we used them we had to cancel our trip due to an accident and the response and quick managing of our claim was very much appreciated. We were paid back in a respectable time frame. Their prices are always competitive with other companies and we wouldn't use anyone else now.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJanuary 2015
Claim ApprovedYes
Mary-Anne

Mary-AnneHunter Region, NSW

Excellent value and good coverage while travelling - Great Value.

This our first use of Travel Insurance, we are pleased with the outcome, value for many and excellent item coverage to meet our needs. Our trip later in year and service from the web site was very good, clear and concise information to assistance in obtaining a quotation.

Michelle

MichelleGoulburn Valley, VIC

Easy to do

Very easy to obtain. First time using Insure and Go and hopefully won't have to claim. Expensive for existing medical conditions such as cancer (remission) and lupus but must have it for peace of mind while travelling.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii) and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Teenager
Elizabeth

ElizabethIllawarra, NSW

Good value

First time user of this company. Was happy with the coverage and ease to set up on line. When I needed to ring with a question the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The policy is for a future trip. I hope things are as easy if I ever need help overseas or to make a claim.

Kate

KateCentral West, NSW

A travel necessity.

Good value for money, competitive pricing, easy to set up. Helpful with my inquiry, explained details in an easy to follow manner. First time using Insureand Go, with no claims so far.

Insurance Cover ForAdult

Peace of mind while on overseas travel

I have used Insure and Go for over 10 trips abroad. It is value for money specially for seniors like me and my wife. On line application for cover is very convenient.

Fair and Reasonable

Fair and ReasonableSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value for money

Have insured with them for an upcoming cruise - land - cruise Europe to North America in May 2020. Have used them before. When we returned from our 4 week trip in 2017 Ins & Go sent us a message noting that we have returned and reminded us to make any claim in a timely manner. We had none to make, but appreciated their attitude. We carefully looked at inclusions and exclusions, and they were - and still are - just as competitive in these areas. Fact is they are a lot cheaper than other big suppliers.

grannyma

grannymaasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

Would we be covered by our insurance for a refund fee of $900 per person ($1800)for overseas flights? Policy taken out 15/1/2020. We do not wish for a credit on these flights as we will not be able to travel in the prescribed time given by the airline

Kevin
Kevin

grannyma , Ring 1300136374 and ask to speak to Nathan . He will tell you .

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Grannyma, thanks for reaching out. It's impossible for me to tell without knowing all the details of your claim, but based on your purchase date, you are eligible to claim assuming your level of cover was Silver or Gold.

Please see the below link which includes a list of the documents you will need to submit along with your claim, and the contact details you will need to submit your claim by email or post.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just reach out.

Thanks, Anna

Barrie C.asked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

We took out insurance cover for our Cruise (GOLD Cruise policy) This was back in 2019, way before COVID-19 was announced or made a pandemic. Our cruise has been cancelled due to the government advising against the travel on non-essential organised gatherings of 500 or more. The cruise would of had over 3,000 people on board. Will your policy cover us or do we have to go to arbitration along the legal road.

Barrie C.

I guess the question was way too hard!

Melissa R.
Melissa R.

I am in the same boat so to speak! Lol hope we can recover funds if not travelling at all good luck Barrie C.

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Barrie and Melissa, thanks for reaching out. Our cover for coronavirus hinges on when your policy was purchased. All policies bought after 4:00pm on 31st January 2020 have an exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Barrie, it sounds like you purchased your policy long before this cut off, so your policy has no exclusion for coronavirus related claims. Having said this, we do not cover claims based on change of mind, or fear of travel, and in order to make a claim relating to cancellation on medical grounds, there would need to be a medically valid reason and evidence for this. We published a travel alert that details our position on the coronavirus outbreak, so please read the following as it may be helpful for you: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-alerts/latest_update-global-coronavirus-outbreak.jsp Thanks, Anna

DonnyDo

DonnyDoasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold Cruise

I have read there are various discounts offered when taking out a policy. The cover is for my 86 year old mum. I have also read in the reviews that on occasion claiming for cancelling of a trip is not covered, can you advise why this would be?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi DonnyDo, thanks for reaching out.

Yes, we do sometimes run campaigns where we will provide a discount, although the offer will vary, and discount campaigns run at different times and across different channels.

Regarding cancellation cover: it is available on Silver and Gold policies only, so purchasing a Bare Essentials would mean you are not covered for cancellation. Furthermore, as with any insurance product, there are also conditions that apply to the cover. For example, you will not be covered for cancellation due to: changing your mind, if you could not travel due to failure to obtain a passport or visa, or if you failed to check in according to your itinerary. This list is by no means exhaustive - there are other conditions and exclusions you should definitely be aware of. I strongly advise you to familiarise yourself with any and all situations where cancellation cover does not apply: please see Section A (page 19-20) of the PDS, which you can review here: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/images/ig-ms-pw-ot_tcm1005-157834.pdf. I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna