Travel Insurance - a necessary evil

I doubt that there is any such thing as "The Perfect Travel Insurance", but travel insurance with InsureandGo has allowed us to enjoy past travels with only limited worries about all the possible problems and disasters that international travel can encounter. Fortunately we have thus far avoided any misfortune that required the lodging of a claim, and long may this continue.

Please Beware

We recently purchased travel insurance with InsureandGo for a cruise and subsequent travel in the USA. This was based on reviews I had read. We were faced with a mechanical delay with our aircraft in Brisbane and missed our subsequent flights in America. I assumed this would be covered with our insurance, because of previous experience. Nope. The fine print is that you have to have been delayed for 12 hours before they will let you claim. Come on. This is ridiculous. Not only that, but the Asian call centre I was directed to, made it impossible to understand what she was saying. I WILL never purchase insurance with this company again, and I suggest you shop around and use more reputable companies for your travel needs.

Claim MadeNo
Hi KJC, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome your expected. I'm not part of the claims team, and so unfortunately, I can't see the exact details of your case. But I can confirm that delay coverage applies to delays over 12 hours. You are able to lodge a formal complaint, and request that your case be reviewed, by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Thanks, Anna

Good Insurance

Policy was good value and easy to set up. Haven't had to and hopefully won't need to lodge a claim. This is the second time I have used and will be using again shortly.

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo

Still awaiting result of cancellation claim

Policy was good value as wife has a medical condition which was fully disclosed, ( and paid a lot extra for). Claim lodged with all documents 3 weeks ago and still waiting result. This is the third time using this company, one no claim, one claim, ( less than policy cost ), one still unresolved.

Claim ApprovedNo

No hassles, straight forward cover

Easy to apply & medical screening asked appropriate questions in relation to condition, quick and easy claim with no questions with all supplied receipts / information. Quick reponses to any queries submitted.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019

Was easy to set up

Seems like good value ,just took out policy . Is our 1st policy with InsureandGo.It was easy to set up.,came across add on facebook. With discount.
Time will tell ,hoping not to have to claim anything.

Easy Process Good Price

Email from Seniors led me to this site. It was easy to complete and a reasonable price. Coverage was great with options if required. Will probably use again in the future.

Great price and service

Reasonable priced and booking a breeze. I have used before and been happy. The web site was easy to use and detailed. All my questions were answered. After purchase received a response quickly.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Teenager
DestinationNew Zealand

Happy insured travellers

The policy is very good value for money and was very easy to set up on line.
No claims have been required at this time as far as that I can remember.
Three times

DestinationEurope and New Zealand
Claim MadeNo

Have used this company 5 times very easy to use wed site is simple to follow.
We had to make a claim once form was easy to fill in all we had to do was send copy of receipts and payment was received so simple

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Seniors Holiday

I felt the policy was great value and super easy to set up. My husband and I have found this to be the best policy for our situation. Thank You

DestinationNew Zealand

So Easy

First Time with Insureandgo. Great value policy, and the best part was it was so easy to set up, it took me all of 5 minutes from start to finish for 2 people.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeNo

Seems to be good valve compared too others we looked at.

Good value with features that all others had but a better price. The fact Choice had given a award i was comfortable purchasing as i am very cautious when purchasing insurance.

DestinationAfrica

Great to deal with

Had been shopping around for travel insurance for our overseas trip next year. Some were expensive and didn’t offer much. Found Insureandgo pop up on my Face Book feed so clicked to have a look. Called as the quote on line didn’t include our land tour. David was very helpful. Even with our minor health issues we declared, the policy was very good value and in the off change we will have to make a claim the reviews were good.

Good value for seniors

Easy to purchase online and good value with seniors discount. I have used this company several times and recently lodged my first claim which was settled in a few weeks.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019

Great Value

Happy that we can save money, Haven't had to claim yet so all ok so far . The big test wil be if we have to make a claim. This is our 3rd time using InsureandGo.

Insurance claim madeNo

HOPELESS Insureandgo

Used 4 times. Never again. I have been trying to get a claim fixed since August. The staff are based in the Philippines. A month ago they referred to the wrong policy in an email. I sent an email telling them of their error and providing more information. But after a number of reminder emails still no answers after a month. I rang a few days ago and they were to call me back. Still no call. HOPELESS CUSTOMER SERVICE. They are efficient at taking your money.

Insurance claim madeYes

Be sure to keep a purchase receipt for EVERY item

Before taking a policy with Insurandgo be sure to study the PDS.
We lost a backpack in Rome. It contained my iPad and some other bit and pieces that I bought just before our trip, some items purchased for a previous trip and our Eurail pass.
When we made a claim for our loss (one event), insureandgo broke this one incident into two and charged two excesses. They have created one claim for the lost Eurail Pass and another for the other items.
We were able to provide receipts to some of the items and were paid out an amount less depreciation. Even though we could nominate when and where the remaining items were purchased and the replacement price, Insureandgo have, to date, refused to compensate us for these items.
I offered to provide a statutory declaration to cover those items which they refused to accept even though they admitted in correspondence that they do, on occasions, accept statutory declarations “to assist some of their clients”.
Having experienced insureandgo’s claims process I have been very disappointed with their attitude. When the rubber hits the road their actions do not measure up to their marketing.
I am still waiting for a response from insureandgo so it is too early to condemn them, but having been bitten by this experience I am unlikely to use them again and I would find it difficult to recommend them.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Mark, I am sorry to hear about your experience. If you could send me a private message with your policy number, I will look into your case and review it with our claims team. Kind Regards, KaraThank you for your response Kara. As requested my policy number is MG/IG,/305130/19755185. I have disputed the claim with an unidentified person in your office. I say unidentified because the writer of the last letter to me did not have the courage to provide their name in their response to my correspondence. The issue that I have with Insureandgo is the charging of two excesses for my loss due to one incident. From my reading of your .com PDS, this is a discrimination that you reserve for your Australian clients. My other dispute with you is your requirement to produce proof of purchase for lost items. All of your marketing conveys that your clients can be reassured that they can be safe in the knowledge that the will be protected by Insureandgo. Nowhere in your marketing do you warn potential clients that you will not pay a claim for any items that for which they are unable to provide proof of purchase. In my case I have been able to nominate when and where I obtained the lost items and I have provided you with details of the cost of replacements. I even offer to provide you with statutory declarations confirming ownership, both from myself and from my travelling companions. This offer was rejected, but perversely your unidentified writer makes the observations that , for some clients, you do accept statutory declarations! Is this refusal a special form of discrimination that you reserve for a select group of clients? I truly believe that I was misled by your marketing and I am really disappointed by the way my loss has been treated by your claims staff. Whilst not in the league of taking insurance premiums from dead people, I believe that your company is not acting transparently. I appreciate your offer to review my claim and I look forward to receiving a satisfactory result.

Superb to deal with

We have used Insure and Go twice. On our recent trip to Europe I sustained an injury which required hospital treatment. Insure and Go were fantastic in reimbursing all the costs I incurred.

Terrible

Called to amend policy and had the rudest condescending service. Haven't even left for my trip but will be cancelling and never use this company again.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Lisa, I'm really sorry about the service you received. Our goal is to always have excellent customer service, and I will be speaking to the team leader about your experience. My apologies again. Kara