Beware

My wife and I are going overseas in June 2020 so I statred shopping for travel insurance. As I have pre existing medical conditions I shopped around and answered all questions ith all insurers honestly. .With the added costs for my conditions most came in around $600 - 700, which is fairly consistent with what I have paid in the past. I magine my dismay when Insure & Go came in at nearly $3500!!!!

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope

Terrible claim service!

I have provided all documents requested and they are drawing out my claim for no reason. I was told it would be within 10 days, 6 weeks later still no answer after many phone calls. I am sick and unfortunately had to cancel my trip. I provided a doctor’s letter confirming that my symptoms started well after I took out the insurance and also that I am too unwell to travel. I also provided cancellation documents and receipts but apparently that’s not enough! They are now wanting to investigate my health history for the past 5 years! It’s stressful enough that I had to cancel my holiday let alone be stressed about not getting my money back! I’ve had terrible service and would never go through this company again. I’m very disappointed that somehow they have a good rating with choice and Canstar. It’s probably because they are cheap and say that they cover lots of things but in reality when you actually need to claim, they make it very hard! Why bother even having insurance!

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical and Travel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Chrissy, I'm sorry you're finding the claims process to be drawn out, and I understand your frustration. Our claims team usually have a response within 10 days as you say, and this delay is very unusual. Although I'm not familiar with your specific case, it sounds like our claims team are trying to confirm that the illness preventing you from travelling was not an undeclared pre-existing medical condition. I have sent you a message to get more details so I can sort this out for you. Thanks, Anna

Good value

Easy to see what you get good value and reputable company used many times all over the world there is far too much info required here its all just so much b****

Claim MadeNo

Easy to purchase and to make a claim

These were one of the few insurers I found that would insure us as a group rather than insisting on different policies for different families. Purchase process was quite straight forward.
A few weeks before travelling one person in our group required urgent surgery and was not able to fly while recovering. On return from our holiday we claimed for costs we couldn't get refunded from the vendors. There was a little bit of back and forward requesting further medical information, but nothing too onerous. Once they had all the information our claim was paid in about 10 days.
I'd certainly look at InsureAndGo for group or family travel again.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim ApprovedYes

Good value

I did not make a claim so can not comment on it. Once and if I make a claim I can comment on it. I have used it 3 times

DestinationNew Zealand

Top class performance

It was expensive, but we are high risk, so that was to be expected. In the unfortunate event, I have made a claim,and it has been paid without debate. Thank you.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Stick with major companies

We usually go with Allianz and have been happy. We have made small claims with no hassle. I decided to give this company a go as recommended by choice. All I can say is stay clear. We had a delay due to plane being cancelled and lost $1000 in hotels and flights and then repaid to get new flights and hotels. I came back and lodged this claim and there the headache began. Close to 10 weeks of continuously being asked to resend documents that had been sent not once but a couple of times. Confirming bank details as said it is finalising. Stall tactic after stall tactic and yesterday I received my refund of $2! Yes $2. It was actually $202 but they took my excess out and after more than a $1000 lost I got $2. Understand maybe all the claims not under their guidelines but I’m sure a lot where. Stick with the bigger companies as this was a prolonged, stalled, stressful situation to go through. We are not giving up though and lodging with the ombudsman.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Hi Kinnari, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you expected. If you feel your claim was dealt with unfairly, I would encourage you to lodge a formal complaint and request a re-investigation of your case. You can do this by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Let me know if you need any help with this, and I'm happy to help you lodge your request for re-evaluation. Thanks, Anna

Great price& coverage

I have used Insure & Go multiple times & 95% of the time they are the best value for very generous coverage. They are the best for preexisting medical conditions with a low extra charge if any.
Getting a quote is quick and simple as is buying a policy.
Will stick with Insure & Go for future travel.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and New Zealand