InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

Lisa W

Lisa WSydney, NSW

Would have done No Stars if I could - feeling ripped off

ramjGold Coast

Rip off - won't provide a credit or refund

Yes, we are in the same boat took travel insurance to travel in April 2020, air flights were cancelled by carrier early March 2020 and then the travel ban occurred. We tried contacting the Insure and Go contact centre by phone a number of times and also by email - still no response to an email sent over 3 weeks ago.

Managed to get through by phone and was told I could not get a refund or credit. We've lost all trust and credit ability in the organisation, obviously their not thinking about their customers or their employees. Is our experience a taste of what it would be like if we were to make a n insurance claim?

The organisation needs customers to exist and to keep your employees in a job - rethink your actions!

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
ramj

Thanks Anna. We have sent an email to lodge a formal complaint.

TracyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off Company

Like all the other reviews, this company is a total disgrace..Took my policy out in june 2019, to travel in april, 2020, and off course we can't travel, all I asked for was a credit to use next year when we can travel, the person I spoke to was so rude and said bad luck your 14 day cooling off has expired, so please don't use this company, they will rip you off.

Travel Insurance

Find out how InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

russ

russ

haven't gone yet

have used you a couple of times but would like to leave my review till time if I have to claim this time. will let you know then. haven't traveled yet

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Jeannie

JeannieNew South Wales

Rip off - wont credit insurance for coronavirus travel

Myself and 2 friends spent more than $900 on gold cruise insurance. My flight was cancelled by airlines and restrictions here and in Australia mean we can't travel. Asked if we could get a credit of our insurance for next year to travel and they l no. Not unless its within 14 days of purchasing thep product. So unfair what a rip off wont be using them ever again.

Lisa R.

Lisa R.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Never again.

Insurance Cover ForAdult, Child and Teenager
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Works well for a family which has multiple trips Yrly.

Great Value for money. Always book with your company re travel insurance. Have booked heaps of times over the years. Noticed the new changes to your policy re the medical insurance.

Mal Golledge

Mal GolledgeIllawarra, NSW

My "go to" for travel insurance

I have been purchasing InsureandGo multi trip gold international for more that 12 years and I always find them to be competitive and affordable. Plus additional discounts can be applied to the premiums.

DestinationAustralia, Europe, North America (inc. Hawaii), Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Ready to go!!

Insure and Go has been my go to insurance company for 5 years. This time taking out an annual policy. Although I am lucky not to have made a claim I have friends who have and have been very happy with the outcome.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South America

Carolyn S.

Carolyn S.Sydney, NSW

Dont have the ability to 'renew' the policy with same start date which was before Corona Virus declared a know situation

I was happy with the process of purchasing the annual policy but we had to take it out early to cover our bookings for our big Europe trip. This meant that we took the policy out before the Corona Virus was a know event but our actual travel doesn't start within this period and we have been told that we need to take out a NEW policy with a new start date. I feel that we did the right thing but will be penalized for taking it out too early as that means while we are travelling if anything happens to do with the Corona Virus we won't be covered! Come on Insureandgo - I am an existing customer who has done the right thing, how about doing the right thing by us and allow us to RENEW the exisiting policy

Bev

Bev

Good service in Oz; overseas experience bad

Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Geoff

GeoffHunter Region, NSW

Care if travelling to Victoria Falls in Africa

Generally like the Insure and Go Annual world wide multi trip policy without winter cover, though have never needed to test their claims handling...... seemed to have most needed at reasonable cost. The cost of adding winter cover to the annual policy was not justified for the limited time we ski overseas.
Just an issue that may not apply to many. We booked a trip in Southern Africa with 2 days at Victoria Falls before flying out- Zimbabwe is one of their excluded countries! (nearly every other insurer covers Zimbabwe but some exclude Cuba) so I need to get coverage for that WHOLE trip from another insurer. I&G will not cover any loss arising ‘from travel in, to or through.... Zimbabwe’...... take care

DestinationAfrica

Making a claim

InsureandGo charged me a fair price for my travels. They were very easy to deal with, but I haven't gone yet so we'll see how fair and competent they are if I need to make a claim on my return.

Margaret

MargaretSydney, NSW

Found exactly what I wanted

Nat was very helpful I have a pre-existing condition which complicates matters.
I got a policy which I compared with other insurers and have got the product I wanted at a fair price.
I have used insure and go in the past and have never had to submit a claim yet.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)

Must have it

Policy was good value and easy to set up, but wish you didn’t have to get a new policy every year. Used this insurance company for three years as have made no claims.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

This appears to be good

This is the first time I have used it. It seems to be good value. Hopefully it will suit my needs. If it proves to be good I will use it again

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Insurance Cover ForSenior

Easy purchase, attractive cost.

Gives a greater than 30 day period, which I need and is not easy to find. Am a first time user. Can’t judge claim side, Hope I don’t have to!

Edward

EdwardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Value and Easy to Use

Haven't had to claim yet but so far the process is clear and easy to use. This is the second or third year of insuring with InsureandGo. Lets hope that the claim process is as straight foward

DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Insurance Cover ForSenior

Seems good but haven't had to use it

This is our second time using Insure and Go. It was easy to set up. . At least they insure older people. Haven't had to make a claim at this point.

DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Vanja U.

Vanja U.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent travel insurance

This was excellent value and so easy to set up. I had to lodge a claim and everything was taken care with absolute best of customer service a person could ask. They took care of the bills directly with the hospital and medical place. Their ongoing concern was so nice and for their continued customer service and to make sure everything was taken care of was beyond and above. I will Always use insure and go I think this is the best travel insurance company on the market and after using many others this one has proved to be the utmost professional and at its best!

Claim MadeYes
Insurance Cover ForChild

david paton

david patonasked

International Travel Insurance - Gold (Annual Multi-Trip)

what does AMT 60 days mean? I can only travel 60 days? can only stay in one country 60 days? Malaysia has 90 day visa , Georgia up to 1 year visa

Hi David, good question.

Our annual multi trip policies provide cover for multiple trips taken within a 12 month period, but the maximum length of each individual trip is 60 days on the Gold AMT 60 days policy you mentioned. This means, visa permitting, you can stay in Malaysia for up to 60 days, then travel to Georgia for up to 60 days, and travel to other countries within the 12 month period for which you buy the policy, but each individual trip cannot exceed 60 days. I hope this clarifies things.

Mary-Anne L.

Mary-Anne L.asked

Does this annual Multi -trip automatically cover cruises

soups
soups

check with the company

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Mary-Anne, thanks for reaching out.

We offer a cruise specific policy that has coverage more specific to cruise needs (missed port, cabin confinement and more). You can learn more at: https://www.insureandgo.com.au/travel-insurance/cruise-travel-insurance.jsp

Our annual multi trip policy, however, doesn't provide cover for commercial cruises. We define a commercial cruise as: any travel on sea, ocean or river by any commercially operated ship, boat or other sea vessel with scheduled journey time longer than 2 hours.

I hope this helps.

MPA from South Australia

MPA from South Australiaasked

Hi,
I am about to go on a long holiday (19 oct 19 to 4 jan 20) and this is the background of events to assist with my questions:

Adelaide to -
Uk,
Norway,
Denmark,
Germany,
Austria,
Czech Republic,
Spain
In Spain join princess cruise ship for 14 days (cruise No 1 of 3)
(Spain to Fort Lauderdale USA)
Join cruise ship number No 2 for 7 days
(Caribbean area)
Off cruise ship and two days in Orlando
Then Join cruise ship No 3 for 10 days
(Panama canal/ northern Caribbean area)
Return to USA Fort Lauderdale
Head to:
Washington 5 days
New York 5 days
Fly home to Adelaide

Total days away 63

A family of four (55, 46, 17, 8 - years old) however the 17yr old is on student exchange in Denmark and we pick him up early November and he completes the remainder of the trip with us.

Adventure activity:
During the trip I would be scuba diving (I am certified PADI Rescue level) and will only be diving with authorised and licenced scuba companies, completing about 12 dives max during the trip.

In light of the background I provided:

is my scuba diving covered? (If yes, what is covered)
Is the 17 year old covered, even though a student in Denmark (and joining our trip from Europe)?
How much would a policy cost for this type of trip?

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Michael

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Michael, thanks for reaching out. That sounds like an amazing trip!

Regarding scuba diving: yes, you are covered, as long as you don't dive alone, or deeper than 30 metres.

Unfortunately, since your 17 year old has already left Australia, he would not be covered by a policy purchased from us. I would recommend you arrange travel insurance with a local provider in Denmark for him.

Also, regrettably, I'm not able to provide quotes, as there are too many other variables that will determine the cost of a policy, and so a price I give would likely be inaccurate. I would definitely recommend you call our team in Sydney and get a quote quickly. If you call 1300 401 177 and explain your situation, you will get an accurate price over the phone, it won't take long and you can purchase immediately if you are happy with the price.

I hope this helps.