InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Linda Haggerty

Linda HaggertyHunter Region, NSW

Excellent Product

We have utilised Insure and Go for Cruising , Overseas ,Domestic Travel and for future 2020 Overseas Travel and on each occasion it has been easy to set up and believe product offered is of good value we have not claimed on previous holidays so unable to comment but our Neighbours have when in Paris and comments were positive

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and New Zealand

UnhappyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM! Price and getting insurance is easy until you need to claim. They will deny over bogus reasons.

I always insure with insure and go, and I have never had to make a claim. I didnt realise it would be this bad. This is ridiculous. I have had to escalate this 2 times already. Still with no resolution.
We had a trip overseas and unfortunately my young son has lost some items. I have explained the situation multiple times but my claim was denied and the excuse was - the items were left unattended which we did not at any time

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Excellent product recommended by Choice magazine.

The holiday insurance policy was a bit pricey however in life you usually only get what you pay for.
I can highly recommend it as we just purchased a second domestic policy.

Mazz-Man

Mazz-ManMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Recent insurance purchases

Gold policy was very good value.
Very easy to arrange online.
I have now used InsureandGO three times for overseas travel and domestic travel.
So far its been excellent.
The proof of how good it is will be if and when there is a claim !

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationAustralia, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

JtotheR

JtotheRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Service - Good Product

Easy to use and with good policy coverage. I have used them three times now. I have never made a claim but feel comfortable that it would be a painless experience.

Easy peasy

Getting a quote and following through to purchasing the policy was well explained, easy to follow and quite a simple process. Much less complicated than expected. Price was competitive. Yet to travel so will see the full value of the policy once we have returned.

Ian C.

Ian C.Gippsland, VIC

Simple and transparent

I have used this company twice and although I have never claimed against it I felt assured that I would be able to contact them easily.
Having never travelled overseas before I found the process online to be efficient and effective.
The ability to surrender any medical conditions whatsoever gave me the assurance that they knew exactly who I was my state if health with any risk based conditions. This in turn gave me satisfaction that issues with any claims would not be apparent.

Claim MadeNo

The gold option is perfect for this trip

The gold policy suited this trip much cheaper than other insurances we had looked at Use insure and go all the time as it is one option for seniors Im not over confident using computers but this policy was very easy to do

Mel S

Mel S

Havent travelled as yet, but the purchasing of the product was easy

It Seems like good value for money and good piece of mind. Hopefully we wont have to use it but its always worth having cover when travelling domestically or overseas.

Marinator

MarinatorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very easy to navigate website and answer questions

First time policy holder and have not travelled yet. The proof will be if, and I hope not, a claim has to be made. Was recommended to me because of an easy claim process.

DestinationMiddle East

Farmer

FarmerVictoria

Farmer

This is the first time using InsureandGo so far so good. Not travelling until next year but the set up process was easy and I felt it was good value compared to other travel insurance.

DestinationNew Zealand

Good insurance

Easy online pre-existing medical condition screening. Only dislike is 3k total limit on personal goods/electronics - most other insurances have 3k per item w/10-12k total so DSLR AND laptop are covered.

Mrs G

Mrs GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quick, easy and reasonable price

I got 15% off with Black Friday/cyber Monday sales.. I was happy with the price and got top cover. I made a mistake with my DOB and was really happy when I rang I wasnt on hold in a que.. I think the ladies name was Anna, she was lovely, fixed the issue in under a minute and resent my policy. Easy as.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Liz

LizSouth East Queensland, QLD

Abrupt

Cruised many times but have only found and used 'Insure and Go' travel insurance for this 10 day cruise in November 2019. I purchased the top cover with no waivers only to find that the sunglasses that I had lost on the trip was not covered and the person I spoke to from the insurance company didn't even enquire about the circumstances that led to the loss or even if I had a report, which I did or the value of the sunglasses - just a very plain and abrupt "they are not covered" and "is there anything else", then she said "bye" and ended the interaction. Do not recommend this insurance company, especially when they advertise that the travel insurance covers loss of personal effects and then they do not follow through.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Lynne Ahrens

Lynne AhrensSouth East Queensland, QLD

very disappointing

I thought a good value policy. Having used this company on several occasions, I used again. I had not made a claim before but on my last trip I left my handbag in a taxi. Made police report and lodged claim on my return. They rejected my claim on the grounds I had left my bag unattended, also in a public place. This was in July and it is now the end of November and I am still trying to get resolution. I will not use them again.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Lynne, you should have received a response to your case from the dispute resolution team on 29th November. Let me know if you didn't receive anything, and I'll do what I can to help. Thanks, Anna

nigel

nigelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Choice Magazine preferred & no wonder

I needed to cancel my trip at short notice due to a medical emergency. My claim was well received & dealt with promptly. Was Would highly recommend the team at Insure & Go

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Vegieman

Vegieman

We always select InsureandGo.

Once we reached the age of 70 premiums from insurers seemed to skyrocket. We looked for a bargain but a policy which we felt comfortable with and covered all our requirements seemed to be above our budget.Then we chanced on Insureandgo through the Seniors Card SA. We have not looked back since then and have used InsureandGo for several years. Touch wood we have not required to use the services but the reassurance that it would be OK is there in spades.

Peace of Mind

I found the website user friendly, quick and easy to organise, offering various options of affordability. The Gold policy cover chosen is comprehensive, covers most of my travel risks and provides fantastic value for money.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

First time user

First time user. Found site user friendly, quick and easy to obtain quote and make purchase. Information set out well so easy to understand what we were purchasing and to compare for value. Wish I'd known could have used Seniors card for discount though. Haven't been on trip yet so can't comment on claims process and hope to need to either.

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)

Tricky Ricky

Tricky RickySouthern and Hills, SA

Easy Process and Competively Priced

Very quick and easy application process. On our last trip to Thailand we used a different insurer and have found this policy to be more comprehensive and far better value for money. We were able to reduce our excess by $100 and the premium still worked out to be 30% cheaper than the other insurer.

Theo

Theoasked

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives