travel insurance

Good value for money. Rang insureandgo to ask a question, the customer service line was busy, left my details, they called me back within a reasonable time frame.
Happy with insureandgo thus far.

Claim MadeNo

Quick and simple and all explained

It was easy to select Insure and Go after review three other travel insurance providers. Everything was clear and explanations provided. This is the second time we have used them for a single trip insurance

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Claim MadeNo

Really disappointed and annoyed with myself

I have used Insure and go several times domestically and internationally without having to make any claims and I always thought it was a cheap policy but offered good value for money. My upcoming trip is for 20 days internationally. I stupidly did not read all 84 pages of the PDS word for word and failed to realise they only cover 15 days consecutive car hire. I feel this should be made clearer when they disclose the excess car cover in the front policy. The disappointing thing is the response from them when I called to see if I could pay more to extend the car hire cover and even more disappointed in the email they sent shutting me down.
Don’t make the same mistake I made. For an extra $18.00 I could have got a premium policy from RACV. Lesson learnt I will never use Insure and Go again. Customer service goes a long way......

DestinationEurope
Claim MadeNo
Hi there, I'm sorry you feel the car hire cover period is insufficient, and I will definitely pass on your feedback about this aspect of the cover. If you are still within the 14 day cooling off period, you are able to cancel your policy and get a full refund, providing that you have not claimed on the policy or commenced your trip. Hope this helps, Anna

Easy for first time

First time user, easy to set up, haven't travelled as yet, hopefully wont need to make a claim, covered my pr existing medical condition online, which was great. Happy me

Claim MadeNo

Easy to use and great price

So easy to set up a policy and best price after I compared a few. No excess for my daughter either who has a medical condition. My mother also uses insure and go, and we will keep using.

Insurance Cover For:Teenager
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), North America (inc. Hawaii), South America and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim MadeNo

Easy to set up, extremely difficult to make claim for stolen items

Police apprehended the thief who stole the items who also made a confession and was subsequently jailed. Claiming for the stolen items was so difficult and had to be addressed by insureandgo internal disputes resolution department as per required procedures. The claim was paid out in part only after many emails. Insurers required original receipts or copies as proof of ownership and that the EDMI number for the mobile phone (which I had not heard of before) to be blocked and photos of items stolen were not accepted as proof either. The insurer also claimed an excess for each of which they termed different categories. I would not take out a policy with insureandgo again.

DestinationEurope
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Diane, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you'd expected. I'm not familiar with your specific case, so I can only give general advice. I can confirm that the IMEI number of the mobile phone is crucial to have, as it allows you to permanently block your phone, this prevents your stolen phone being used by the thief or others. I can also confirm that we require proof of ownership for items claimed, and photos are generally not accepted as proof of ownership, although in some extenuating circumstances, we may consider other means. I would recommend contacting the dispute team to see if there is any other form of evidence you're able to provide in your specific case. Regarding the excess, we offer the option of reducing your excess to $0 during the application process. This is an option I would recommend if you do not want to be charged an excess when claiming, and it is a feature that may be offered by other providers too. Thanks, AnnaHi Anna, I had no problem with the $200 excess but was unaware that it would be applied multiple times, as for the IMEI number of a mobile phone it appears that few people are aware of this even existing. I would also point out to you that most people would not have receipts for all their possessions and cash when they travel. It seems to me that you make it as near as possible for anyone to make a reasonable and successful claim on a policy taken out with Insureandgo. Regards, DianeHi Diane, I can confirm that the excess is applied per person, per section, for any given event, as stated in the PDS, and I will forward your feedback about this to the right people. Regarding the IMEI number, I can't comment on how well known it is, but it is very important to ensure a lost or stolen phone is blocked from being used in future. Regarding the proof of ownership, I would still recommend that you contact complaints@insureandgo.com.au, with proof of ownership that you are able to provide, outside of receipts, although I cannot guarantee this will change the outcome of your claim. Thanks, Anna

A necessary evil when travelling!

Was easy to set up and was reasonable value. Have used InsureandGo several times before. Fortunately, it has not been necessary to make a claim so cannot comment on this aspect.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEurope and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Insurance experience

Easy to set up and it has good value. I have used this insurance many times when I travel. Even though haven't really clsimed for any loss, I have clsimed for dental and it was easy. Can't remember how long it took.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Straightforward on line application

Good value and very easy to setup a policy, especially if you aren't travelling as a couple. Luckily I have never had to claim. I have used them five times recently.

Claim MadeNo

read everything do not take cover

We spent $500 on our insurance. We missed our flight due to circumstances out of our control and had to fly two days later and we were advised we are not covered under our gold policy . This is one of the reasons we would take insurance. Do not buy insurance with this company. You can not check or read everything about everything but you would think this would be automatically be covered be careful.

Claim MadeNo
Hi Phil, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you'd expected. I'm not familiar with the specifics of your case as I'm not part of the claims team, but I would recommend you email complaints@insureandgo.com.au with your claim number. This will lodge a formal complaint and trigger a review of your case. Thanks, Anna

Increasingly difficult to make a claim.

Our flight was delayed for 11 hours.

I placed in a claim, and sent in original documents, and flight delayed details from the airline. Now they are asking for receipts from the airport which I do not have.

Now I’m told that without any receipts a claim can not be made.

I’m not claiming for expenses but I am claiming for the delay. Why would I need receipts for this?

Poor customer service thus far but will update on my outcome.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Child
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Richard, I'm sorry you're having problems with the claims process. We aim to make it fast and easy to claim, so I apologise for the problems you're experiencing. I'd like to help you with this, and I've just sent you a message to get some details so I can assist further. Thanks, Anna

Disgusting customer service left me stranded at airport

No not good value the service officer offered me a meal after flight cancellation said that's the best he could do and I would. not be refunded for airfares I paid that were cancelled by airline of over $6000 I thought this is why we tale out travel insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeNo
Hi Lyndal, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the expected outcome. I completely understand your frustration, but I can confirm that unfortunately cover is not provided for cancelled flights if the airline is responsible for cancellation. I would recommend submitting a formal complaint by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au, which will also trigger a review of your case. Thanks, Anna

Done with no hassle. One of the few insurers for pregnant women out there! A+++

Great value for money, easy to organize, an Australian insurer and excellent customer service!
Have only used this insurer once and will use again and again for future travel and will recommend to others.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)
Claim MadeNo

Worst Travel Insurance Company!!!

I purchased a policy with Insure and Go and buying a Groupon voucher earlier this year. I took out the top cover prior to my two week holiday to the United States. My bag was delayed and did not arrive in San Fransisco until more than 24 hours after I had landed. As I had no clothing, toiletries etc. with me, I had to purchase several basic supplies. I submitted a claim upon returning to Australia (end of July). After struggling to submit an online claim due to the tedious and ambiguous forms, I filled out the huge document by hand and sent it to the Insure and Go head office in Broadway along with my original receipts of the items I was claiming. The company are now telling me (3 months later) that they never received my receipts (which were in the same envelope as the claim form they DID receive) and cannot process my claim. I have been emailing back and forth ever since, waiting more than 2 weeks for a reply each time. I have just about given up on ever receiving the money I attempted to claim. I have learnt my lesson to never trust unknown, overseas companies when it comes to travel insurance. They’re more than happy to take your insurance premium but don’t want to know when you need to claim. Never again!!

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi there, I am sorry to hear about your experience. So that I can look into your case in more detail, do you mind to send me a private message with your policy number? Also, you can submit an official complaint by emailing complaints@insureandgo.com.au. Regards, Anna

Possibly best value travel insurer

Good value simple to use policy when compared with competition. Easy to obtain policy on line. Policy application system very clear. Have used them in past and would consider using them again. Have not had to make a claim.Am about to use the policy recently purchased.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)

a mostly great experience

the whole experience was pretty straightforward unless i tried to add a second medical condition and this seemed to "throw" the system it was over a 10 minute wait for the field to be able to be typed in and as long to search this happened several times and was the rule rather than the exception with only one medical condition the whole process was simple quick and easy. was happy with the level of cover and the cost hopefully i wont need to claim but at least i feel like i am now covered if that happens thanks

Discounts for NSW Seniors Cardholders

Easy to use, no hassles at all.
The price suits our budget.
The discounts for NSW Seniors really helps.
Been using InsureandGo for the last 3 years for International travel.
Have not made a claim but hopefully NEVER.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Travel Insurance

Although insured since May Insure and Go will not honour policy after paying extra for pre existing condition. Why waste time filling in Medical Form when they have it all covered that you “cannot claim” in their disclaimer. Person who answered phone had no idea. She was under the impression we were travelling to Hawaii just to get treatment. Then when I explained she told me that we shouldn’t even travel. Really???Would never use them again.

Claim MadeNo
Hi there, I'm sorry your claim didn't have the outcome you'd expected. I would like to help with this, so I've sent you a message with details on how to have your case re-investigated by our disputes team. Let me know if I can help with this process. Thanks, Anna

Essential for travel

I have migrated to InsureandGo in my travels because they offered an attractive discount for Seniors Card holders. The Price of insurance was most competitive. Applying online was straightforward. Completing the data related to medical issues was not intimidating and I felt the product was good value.

Claim MadeNo

Have used InsureandGo previously and have been satisfied with the plan.

Have used at least two previous policies and only made one minor insignificant claim which was resolved almost immediately. The policy itself was easy to set up online with a choice of levels to suit both our requirements and budget.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior
DestinationEurope and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim ApprovedYes