InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

InsureandGo Australia International Travel Insurance - Gold (Single Trip)

Buying gold - what a waste of money!

Placed claims after multiple issues on overseas trip. Provided requested artifacts. Received email a week later asking for the same artifacts to be sent. Sent back again. Still waiting for a response.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Travel Delays/Cancellations

Barney

BarneySouth East Queensland, QLD

Fabulous Process, Well Priced

Since I am hoping to never need this policy, I am not reviewing anything other than the purchase at this stage. The process was simple, easy and intelligent. The Medical Certification process for Prior Condition was also simple and reasonable. The cost of the policy was very competitive, and the fact I did not have preordained items such as Snow Skiing and Danger sports, ensured it was cheaper than its biggest competitor AIG who I used last year.

P Davies

P DaviesSydney, NSW

Just what we wanted for our trip

Third or fourth time we have used Insure and go, no claims so far. Insure and go make it easy for older travellers with preexisting medical conditions, at affordable rates.

DestinationEurope and New Zealand
Graeme McGechan

Graeme McGechanMid North Coast, NSW

Returning customer

I have used insure and go each year for my cruises and overseas holidays. Its great value and i also have my other family members using insure and go. Thank you

DestinationEurope and Pacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Kate_Edwards

Kate_EdwardsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good value and service

Always chose insureandgo australia and recommend them to friends after they saved me from being stranded once. Had to hire a car to get home and refunded.Trustworthy personal service too.

DestinationNew Zealand

Robbo

RobboSydney, NSW

Comprehensive Policy ideal for my needs

I always use Insure and Go. It's great, especially when you want extra coverage for per-existing conditions. Their web site is easy to use, and there are phone numbers if you are unsure about anything.

Karen

KarenPerth, WA

Always good

easy to set up
my family always use insure and go for all travel insurance and never had a problem with claiming
Easy to deal with and easy to contact will use again

AnthonySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Never again. Avoid this company

Put a claim in for a lost GoPro, had all the information they required except the receipt because who has receipts for everything they own? I had other proof that I actually owned it but was flat out denied over the lack of a receipt. If you insure with this company ensure you have the receipts for everything you take with you. I will never use them again.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Anthony

I already sent an email to the address above but did not hear back. Communication has been poor.

To Help Others

To Help OthersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be aware!!! Scam insurance!!! Waste of Money. Terrible Service. Don't Bother.

Eileen S

Eileen SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First Time

Very easy website site to negiotate and to follow instructions. I had done a lot of research into other policies, i.e., cost and benefits etc. and this was exceptional value for money.

Ryan M

Ryan MSydney, NSW

Love to hear from other travellers that have had problems and gather some stories together

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Ryan, I'm sorry your claims experience was negative, and I'd like to help you with this. I have sent you a private message (to ensure your privacy) requesting more information so I can identify your case and investigate it. Thanks, Anna

Over itSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible once you need to make a claim

DestinationSouth America
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2019
Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi there, thanks for sending that information. I will discuss your case with the appropriate people and update you via private message (for privacy reasons) when I have more information. Thanks, Anna

Kristan

KristanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value for money!

This will be my second time using InsureandGo for travel insurance and I'm sure it won't be the last. The coverage is much more comprehensive and better value for money than the other companies I received quotes from. There are inclusions in the policy that others charge extra for and this helps keep the cost down. I would absolutely recommend these guys for travel insurance.

DestinationPacific Islands (e.g. Fiji, Vanuatu)

Elliott  G

Elliott G

Want to travel - must have Travel insurance

Relatively easy to set up .. had medical condition .. processing questions straightforward
Disappointed that after quote, the company altered the condition to include coronavirus. The quote was made prior to this notation and taken out within 48 hrs (felt it not justified as I had quote)
First time using this insurance company - will see how it stacks up against ones previously used.

Alan   Warradale. SA

Alan Warradale. SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent coverage at very competitive rates.

We have purchased 3 policies in the last 12 months and we are extremely pleased with the cover provided at competitive rates. Friends have been well looked after by Insure and Go in times of need.

Ken

KenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cover and value

I have used Insureandgo several times over the past 8 years. Have made two separate claims which were paid in full, without any issues..that is why I will continue to use Insureandgo

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Medical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateFebruary 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Steven A.

Steven A.South East Queensland, QLD

Simple to apply.

I was looking for a value for money policy that covered all the things we needed including an existing medical condition without further charge, InsureandGo has done just that. I have never used them before but I will certainly in future.

Bill Brock

Bill BrockIllawarra, NSW

Dont waste your money!

I left my Iphone XR at a restaurant in Puerto Vallarta Mexico. Even though it was stolen from that location (viewed on Find My iPhone and could prove it moved locations) they would not cover as they said it was my fault. I have always used 1Cover in the past but decided to try InsureandGo as thye offered a Seniors Discount. I learned my lesson not to ever use the cheapest again as they dont pay out your claim! Claim fortm was very long.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property and Other
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

A. Cilia La Corte

A. Cilia La CortePerth, WA

Cannot leave home without it

Yes but too many restrictions apply once past certain age points. My claim was for loss of prescription sun glasses; Too long a process and too many demands for police reports, particularly when loss occurred in the African bush! 7 (seven) policies purchased.

DestinationAfrica, East Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe, Middle East, North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

GJP

GJPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

This is a must have

I haven't travelled yet so a review claims section.
I was very happy with the quote for the insurance. The young man was very friendly but new his product. He didn't push me to purchase then and there, just gave me the information and price and then sent the quote to me to consider. I have now purchased the product. I found the price was very reasonable.

Insurance Cover For:Adult and Senior

Vik S

Vik Sasked

I have taken out Gold (single trip) travel insurance with InsureandGo for travel to Japan on a skiing holiday, including the optional snow/ski package. Where can I find the details regarding my snow coverage?

Peter
Peter

Sorry - cannot help

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Vik, good question, thanks for getting in touch.

The cover provided by your Winter Sports add-on can be found in the below PDS:

Specifically, you will find winter sports information on Section O (Page 37-40) and Page 46.

Generally speaking, the above pages detail the following sections of the add-on cover: winter sports equipment, winter sports equipment hire, lift pass, ski pack, piste closure, avalanche cover.

Medically, the add-on provides unlimited overseas medical expenses for a range of skiing and snowboarding activities, including normal recreational skiing and snowboarding, cross-country skiing, glacier skiing, recreational ice hockey, ice skating, snowmobiling, and tobogganing. So if you are injured doing any of the above, you are covered.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Anna

Wendy W.

Wendy W.asked

Hello, I will be traveling with my sister, who has just had double mastectomy. Has anyone made any claims for this company?

Alan
Alan

Hi Wendy yes we had to make a claim whilst in Japan. My wife a double lung transplantee was diagnosed with bronchitis and pneumonia .We had 10 days in a Japanese hospital Insure and Go were great . Make sure you tell them everything about your sisters condition when you enquire. They seem to be very cooperative dealing with pre existing conditions .They settled the hospital accounts directly with the hospitals ,there were two,and reimbursed our out of pocket expenses including additional air fares ,taxi ,additional accommodation and food .They even appointed a local agent to assist in translation and negotiation .I hope you don’t need it but don’t travel with out it and Insure and Go are one I would recommend Alan

Theo

Theoasked

Rental car excess cover is $4000. Why is it limited to a 15 day cover? Why are there inconsistencies in Insureandgo promotional and policy documentation. Why can't one contact Insureandgo via email on either assistance@insureandgo.com.au and info@insureandgo.com.au?

Anna J.InsureandGo Australia

Hi Theo, thanks for the questions. I can confirm that the rental car excess is limited to 15 days. There are many factors that determine aspects of our Product but this is mainly due to underwriting rules. I'm not aware of any inconsistencies in the PDS or promotional material - if you can find any inconsistencies, please let me know where and I will raise them with the right people. You are more than welcome to contact either email address - they just have different purposes: assistance@insureandgo.com.au is to be used if you need assistance on your travels, whereas info@insureandgo.com.au is more service based. For example, it should be used for pre and post sales enquiries. You can also contact us on 1300 401 177 from 9am to 7pm (Monday to Thursday), 9am to 6pm (Friday) and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays (AEST). I hope this helps. Thanks, Anna

Get an answer from our members and InsureandGo Australia representatives