4.2

1,373 reviews
    4.4 (1,112)
    4.5 (1,030)
    4.6 (1,123)
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (90%) · No (10%)

Rabbits foot

Rabbits footSouthwest, VIC

Its been great especially whilst working from home

I've been a customer for over 10 Years and have been very happy with Internode. Connection is reliable but wouldn't mind the speed faster especially with 2 kids in the house
Also had an issue that was dealt with quite quickly and didn't have to wait on the line for long at all

Jay B.

Jay B.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Internode review

I've been with Internode for over 10 years and have had reliable fast service at competitive prices in all that time. Support has always been excellent and is one of the main reasons for my continued loyalty to Internode. I've had occasional issues but have always had a speedy resolution. I whave always recommended Internode and will continue to do so.

Customer ServiceInternode

Jay, we are stoked to have such an awesome recommendation! To know that we've supported you over the past 10 years and that you remain so satisfied is something that we're chuffed to hear. Thanks very much!

-L

lenn

lenn

Very rude technical Support

I called to get my new NBN set up and internet-connected. The technical person who answered is very impatient and rude and hung up on me. He is a disgrace and has no right working in that department when he doesn't have patient and capacity to help. What a shame this company doesn't ask for a review after a client talks to anyone of their team. They got a good online reputation and that is the reason why I signed up with them. This person, whoever he is in technical support spoiled it. Very bad people, especially that person on technical support - Very rude and hung up on their client

Start DateSeptember 2020
Contract Type6-month contract

Good to deal with

I have been an Internode customer since before the NBN. What I appreciate most is that, in the event of any rare problems, I get on the phone and am answered promptly by somebody here in Adelaide, plenty of time given to fix problems and always courteous service. No overseas call centres.

Customer ServiceInternode

Thanks for your review, Bucko! All our team are dedicated to providing top-tier support and service so we're glad to hear how pleased you are with us. - T

Herbaceous

HerbaceousGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love this NBN So good!!

Had a few hassles connecting to NBN50 and changing up plans, but had a great tech talk us thru and getting us working. Rapt in the excellent service! Great company.

Start DateAugust 2020
Customer ServiceInternode

This is awesome, Herbaceous! We are stoked to see that your speeds are working so well and that we were able to help get this setup for you. Thanks!

Maria

MariaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this service.

Connection has been extremely reliable, has only dropped out once. The person I rang was extremely helpful and talked me through every step and the problem was fixed within 5 minutes.

Connection TypeI don't know
Start DateApril 2020
Customer ServiceInternode

Maria, thanks so much! We're stoked to hear that we were able to resolve that dropout for you quickly, so we are very happy to have been able to help!

Geoff Williams

Geoff WilliamsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fulfilled promises

Internode is my brand. They never over promise, rather over deliver. Whenever I have a query I get prompt attention, good advice and as much time on the phone as I need. They have been taken over by bigger companyies, but the right ones and the help desk is still local so I’m staying with them.

Start DateNovember 2003
Customer ServiceInternode

Geoff, this is awesome to hear and we are super happy to have your recommendation, especially given the impressively long tenure that you have with us. Thanks very much!

-L

ColSouth East Queensland, QLD

It’s hard to find a business that really cares, but Internode do.

Our router was not responding. After calling Internode for support, we had a tech on the phone within a minute. He was able to provide me with precise instructions to resolve our problem. We were up and going again without becoming frustrated. Dealing with Internode is so easy and a pleasure. They have a caring culture which is so hard to find these days.

Customer ServiceInternode

We're stoked to hear how the team could help get the matter sorted out, Col! Thanks for your review and ongoing support! - Tal

Just perfect, speed is good no problems

Not say enough to do speed test sorry, but when I ring to sort out a problem, members of the team are so calm and helpful, started with internode, and silly me decided to change, what a huge mistake, went back to internode, and will never change again. It is just lovely to deal with an honest company thankyou

Customer ServiceInternode

Wonderful to hear how pleased you are, Christina! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and appreciation of us and glad to have you back with us :) - T

Never a problem

I have found the connection reliable with dropouts very rare, I have always received excellent customer service and always get to speak to someone in Australia. I find this a pleasant change not to have to deal with overseas call centers and talking to computers as I have to do with so many other companies. Speed test taken at 7:15 pm. I have been with this company for over 12 years and wouldn't have stayed with if they weren't an excellent company. I would recommend them to anyone wanting to change to a new service provider.

Start DateMarch 2008
Customer ServiceInternode

Thanks so much for your review and recommendation following 12 years of support, HC! So glad to hear how pleased you are with us :) - T

John

JohnMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Company and excellent service

I have been with Internode for a number of years now, not sure on how many. I have always found there service to be first class and the level of assistance beyond reproach. The call back service is terrific.

Wonderful! Thank you very much for your review and ongoing support John! - T

AndrewW

I was happy once .. but now im just sad and disconected

Start DateJuly 2008
Customer ServiceInternode

No worries, Andrew! If you wanted to post the ticket number here we can get this followed up for you.

- Chris

peter

peterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service. Dealt effectively and decisively with arrogant monopolist NBN

See above effective and decisive resolution of my internet lagging and dropping out issue. NBN were not at all playing ball and internode tech team dealt with their arrogance well

Start DateJuly 2012
Phef

PhefGippsland, VIC

Been with them since they started.

This mob have been top notch, good speeds, good technical help. Australian service people, always helpful and polite. Speed good most times. They have been through a few take overs but this hasn't affected their quality of service.

Start DateJanuary 1993
Customer ServiceInternode

Phef, we're beyond chuffed to hear this! Thanks for sticking with us since our early days - this is awesome to hear!

Fraser

FraserLaunceston, TAS

lie and fraud on fetch tv device

i nver order fetch tv device with nbn connection they still sent it to me and charged me not only the cost but the membership as well when i asked them for returning the device they kept telling me someone will come and pick that up but afyer 8months i hve changed my nbn provider but they never refunded neither they picked up the device. more over the device is locked with their network so no one can use it at all. this is a ripped off

Start DateSeptember 2019
Contract Type6-month contract

ml gen

ml genGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Have used Internode since mid-2000s and I highly recommend them

Initially used them for ADSL-2+ for many years, now for NBN plus landline and mobile to consolidate everything.

Never any major problems and, when needed, their sales and tech support is prompt and reliable.

Top-notch all round.

Start DateDecember 2007
Customer ServiceInternode

Fantastic to hear, ml. Thanks for sharing your review and we're stoked with how pleased you are with the overall service! - T

Works well

Overall a good service. Modem problem readily fixed (though not sure why I pay for a modem that I’m locked out of & internode controls).
Online plan changes and account management is satisfactory for basic essentials.

Start DateNovember 2018
Josh88

Josh88Hunter Region, NSW

Worst ISP I have been with

This has to be the worst ISP I have ever been with. I'm stuck using them for work, lucky me! Speed fluctuates consistently, I never get the top speed ever! Several speed tests receive different results. In a period if 5 minutes i will do 3 speed tests and come back with DL speeds of 20mbps then 8mbps, then 3mbps. At at the same time every day I get drop outs and less then 1mbps. Several phone calls with internode has them scratching their head saying everything is fine. Well, it isn't. I was with Optus prior and had consistent speeds and nowhere near as much trouble. Internode dont give a crap about their customers and seem to have no idea how to fix a problem.

Start DateJune 2020

Friends for life

I signed up with Internode over 20 years ago. Never had ant reason to move - even after I moved location. I live in a country town, and most (rarely needed) contact with tech support has been been by 'phone, however when upgrading to NBN, I visited their city office (easy to find) and chatted with their friendly staff. I run a couple of web sites, and frequently am uploading significant amounts of data, so the guys modified my access speeds to improve uploads with only a small "hit" on download speeds.
I see no reason to change to another provider.

Customer ServiceInternode

This is awesome, wdp! We are stoked to read this and couldn't be happier than you've been with us for the past 20 years. Thank you so much!

- Leo

Grunny

GrunnyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far, so good

We have only been on the NBN plan (including VOIP) for about a week and so far so good. We have the NBN & VOIP with them at home too and are very happy with their customer service whenever we have had to speak to them & getting our business up & running with NBN & VOIP was quite easy.

Start DateSeptember 2020

ultrablu963

ultrablu963asked

NBN

Hi Internode,
ATM im with NBN HFC with Optus and in the last month I've been getting terrible lag in PC games (running ethernet) I'm located in Sylvania (Sutherland Shire, NSW) Wanting to know what you are offering as im in dispute with Optus due to inconsistent speeds during peak hour times (When i get NBN installed i never had issues even in peak hour).
Wanting to know what you are offering for New customers for NBN 100???
Also if you have your own lines or what company you rent off?

Col

There is increasing demand on the internet everyday therefore you are not the only one experiencing slower speeds. The other problem that can affect speed is noise in your line and this can be checked by your provider. Also if you are connected by WiFi, change to an Ethernet cable for faster speed but you most likely have that already. Your speed might not have anything to do with your provider. What I can say Is, when you deal with internode, it is very seamless and easy to do so unlike some other providers. We are a Telstra and Internode customer.

Hi ultrablu963!

Firstly, massive thanks to Col for the awesome reply and tips, they're very handy!

ultrablu, thanks for taking an interest in us! We're always keen to help, but we's suggest working through the fault lodging and escalation process with Optus first just to be sure that everything has been done. If there is an issue with the connection that may be within the NBN network, then changing providers won't resolve the issue (and we aren't in the habit of cutting other providers lunches, so to speak!).

We have our own network for our services that then connects in to NBN's, so we can troubleshoot issues effectively and you can see our NBN plans, here:

In the meantime, see how you go with Optus. If they can't help you, then feel free to give us a call and we'll lend a hand!

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Do you use M2 or Vocus / iprimus or Telstra, or anything as your backbones (in postcode 4102, in my case) - which I thought could be the case whether you are using ADSL or NBN(?) via any ISP?

I was also reading your webpage - https://www.internode.on.net/about/our_network/
but could not find anything specific.

TrueReviews

TrueReviewsasked

NBN 100 (Platinum)

Hi, I wish to check whether you have your own infrastructure at Woolloongabba QLD 4102, or otherwise what backbone you use? I am in an apartment hooked up to FTTB with another ISP. They use V_cus, which I heard so many people saying it is no good. The speed is terrible (for what I pay for) - and it has been deteriorating for the last 18 months. 700kB/s (kilo bytes per second) downloading a file e.g. windows updates (or even just reading news on abc.net.au), any time, date or night (even at 2am, 3am or so), weekday or weekend, they say it is good enough and it is not their fault. I am confused.

Hi TrueReviews,

Thanks for taking a few moments to ask your question.

We currently don't have our own infrastructure in your area, as connections here are serviced by NBN.

We'd suggest working with your current provider with regards to the speed issues, as following their escalation or complaint process may give you the result you need. At the very least, they should be able to organise a fault or technician visit for you, especially to have the cabling between the FTTB unit and your socket checked.

In the meantime, you're more than welcome to review our NBN plan, available here:

Also, feel free to make direct contact with our Sales team via:

- L

Get an answer from our members and Internode representatives

Other Internet Service Providers