Listing monitored by Ipstar

• Adequate Speeds Yes (69) · No (42)

Travis
TravisWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Avoid Satellite Internet

Glen
Glen

Poor speed, same as their service

All you can say is, it is rubbish in this day and age. Had quicker much cheaper internet 20 years ago with dial up. You should only be charging a fraction of the price.

Still waiting

I have been trying to get internet connection for over a month, even though I have the same equipment and plan as the previous person living here.. The advice given is contradictory. I have spent over $200 for wireless routers because of wrong advice given by staff on the helpline. I live remote and have no phone service at home without internet connection. Currently paying for internet that I am not getting. Would not recommend if there is another option.

Marcus
MarcusLaunceston, TAS

Terrible company to deal with...avoid

I cancelled the service with Ipstar only to be billed for a month when the service was cancelled. Contacted them in early June 2020 and was told the billing issue would be fixed because it was an automtically generated bill system. But I was still being billed and contacted them again via email but no reply. 5 months later out of the blue I get a another notice to pay. Billing customer service people are terrible to talk to and it seems dont acknowledge emails. They dont understand thier own billing cycles. I wouldnt recommend them they are just too much trouble to deal with.

Caz
Caz

Don't sign with this company

Beware! They give you a month free at the start but take it back at the end! Charge for 30 notice even when not on contract and no longer connected stating that they have to pay the nbn for your service which no longer exists. Very kind of them to pay your full fee to the nbn. Crooked as a dog's hind leg!

Start DateMay 2019
IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020

Ipstar Is Alright

Ipstar is pretty good. Sometimes cuts out but other than that it is alright. The service is pretty good when needed. Overall, I am satisfied with the service they provide.

Tony Jackson
Tony Jackson

A must need

The network is a must need in a location where phone reception is zero. The NBN satellite allows you to undertake day to day activities which are essential. And helps you keep in touch.

Alison
Alison Central West, NSW

Patchy service that at times does not hold up to working from home needs

If I could score 0 stars I would. Service is patchy and often drops out. Does not hold up to requirements for working from home. Service is terrible with no follow through on actions meaning that you will need to chase them for any resolution to issues. I would not recommend to anyone.

Great Company

I had the connection eventually put into my house. Contracting Company for NBN Co let the process down. Didn't bother to show up on the said date or time. Disappointed with this. All in all the ISP ( IPSTAR ) has kept me informed and helped with the settings of my router. Would recommend Ipstar 5/5

Chris Barrington
Chris Barrington

Hi Hannah, as an NBN Sub contractor for FW and Sat services I am fully aware of the Sub contractors obligations. The transaction was great through Ipstar. Issues with the installing company. :-) No contact details only SMS service bad management.

super service

Im very happy with the product from ip star I haven't had any problems with the service. I spoke to Sandy and was impressed by his explanation and was put at ease as he informed me of the accumulated data I have
. Thank you for all the good will you are giving us in these difficult times.
Kind Regards

Aunty Coll
Aunty CollWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great for 5 days per month. Then the data runs out on my 100 gb plan. Mainly because the 100 gb is 50 "on" & 50 "off".

These plans are misleading and are very expensive when examined. Watched 8 episodes on Netflix and data is gone. Cancelling the service is also prohibitive at $265.
If you are providing a service to people who are disadvantaged by distance, please make it affordable.

Neil Livesey
Neil LiveseyIllawarra, NSW

I would strongly advise not to use this company

If there was a score lower than 1 ipStar would score it. Took 16 weeks to get installed (in the end I had to contact Gavin Williams who heads up rural satellite for NBN Co to get it done.) This was on the advice of one of ipStars leadership team - ie they said the only way to get it installed was for me to target NBN Co on social media. Once installed it dosn’t work. I’ve spent @ 20 hours on the phone to them but despite their great intentions and the fact they seem like nice people they seem unable to actually make any positive progress on any issue. I would not recommend under any circumstances.

Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone

Paul Buegge
Paul BueggeSouth West, WA

Disappointing internet service

Poor internet, discontinued email service with no reduction in monthly cost, customer portal not user friendly, expensive data, no information on outages. Technical assistance operators are polite and usually helpful.

disappointed

Connection and speed have been wonderful. I was disappointed when I was sold a plan that didn't have enough data for me despite me explaining I steam you tube and netflix and am doing a several internet based courses. I used 50% of my data in 2 days.
I have had to wait a month to increase my data.
Would have been nice to have been heard when I first signed up.
I wont be recommending Ipstar.

Maria B

Not that helpful, but thanks. My issue was being put on a plan that was insufficient for my needs and having to wait weeks to get upgraded. I do not have the ability to upload during off peak to my TV.

Great service - noticeable improvement since first joining in 2017

Has always been minimal dropouts which is why we considered continuing with ipstar when they called to follow up an offer to try their Skymaster plus plan.
Improvement has been in the customer service arena. Since around April 2020, the slightest of queries have been responded to - honestly, efficiently and thoroughly - within a very short time frame. Usually within a day or two.

IPSTAR B.Ipstar

Thanks for the great feedback Julie.

The support team are a hard working bunch and this review will make their day!