Jayco Expanda Pop Top

Jayco Expanda Pop Top

16Ft Outback, 16Ft Touring, 17Ft Outback, etc...

3.4

Happy camper

Dave and Jodie

Dave and JodiePerth

Fantastic van

Great van and loads of space and yes there are are a few imperfections but you get that in a hand made Australian van.
Fantastic value and have great resale value

Chris mansell

Chris mansellHunter Region, NSW

I'll never buy another jayco

MTBMRo

MTBMRoMelbourne

Workmanship - not quality!!!!

Just slow down 5% Jayco. Listen to the customer - it’s a thing! It’s not the materials or the product. It’s all just care factor. Silly annoying assembly errors that really take from the product. if I wanted third world assembly quality I would have bought it! Everything about the van says Australian Engineering. Except the finish. Too much unnecessary NQR. And annoyingly a long list of silly things just not quite enough to be worth a trip back to the dealer. Just a shame really. 5% slower it could be so fantastic.

Workmanship

I will start by saying we do like the van as a whole and yes it’s value for money!
Good job on the suspension works very well, however when I went wandering around underneath it’s difficult to believe it has been assembled in Australia. Simple things like Not getting wiring caught between things wiring so tight in one area and coiled in another, earth cable is held by 3 stands of wire, then there’s the plumbing looks like it was thrown in need I go on Oh and why not put screws in straight or at least enough to hold a cupboard on the wall and yes I could go on!! Come on guys a little pride in our work would go a long way.

Glenn

GlennQueensland

Great Value caravan

Great value caravan. Comfortable and well built. Great for a family and easy to tow due to the reduced traveling size. Great van to get out for a quick trip or an extended getaway.

Paul J

Paul Jcranbourne

Good floor plan but beware of Jayco when it comes to after warranty help

Love my expanda but whenever i have had to deal with jayco for advice or spare parts i get a different story. Spoke to Jayco head office about sourcing new locker door and they said they couldn't manufacture one for caravan that was 4 years old. Spoke to a dealer and they said no worries and ordered the part from jayco and I got it few weeks later. Also had an electrical problem which i now know is just a moisture issue which seems is common but Jayco head office wasn't interested in helping to diagnose the issue.

Dale Barber

Dale BarberPeel, WA

happy happy

yes very happy with new van have done just 2 short trips so far, that work thing is getting in the way, roof latch just outside door is a hassle, need awning slightly open to lock this one, maybe I just need to get used to it, ( had 3 vans over 15 yrs ), like the bunks and fold out only 1 end, suits us perfectly.

HA_DA_JA

HA_DA_JA

The Good The Bad The Ugly - 3.5 Stars

2011 Expanda bubbling on Bed Lids!

Worst! Excessive bubbling on bed lids. It is a manufacturing defect however Jayco will not repair it. Van door hinges have snapped. Kitchen draw collapsed and slide hinges snapped. Overhead cupboard hinges have ripped out of the wood. Do not recommend to anyone. Jayco customer service is appalling.

5 Years Old & Falling apart

I am getting bubbles appear in the hard lids of the expanda and Jayco won't fix due to it being 5 years old and outside the 12 month warranty period. Very disappointed that Jayco won't repair a known fault with their fibreglass and their Customer Service is terrible.

Steph

Steph

Stay away for Jayco Goldcoast

Well, if you wish to receive the poorest service delivery in existence, please purchase from Jayco Goldcoast. From the lack of pre-deliver check (acknowledged by the dealer principal by email) to a list of 21 faults in the first 4 months (purchased brand new 2016 Expanda), the Jayco Gold Coast experience will in comparison change your worst nightmares into a pleasant experience.....Disappointment guaranteed. The Dealer Principal is useless, the salesmen can not be trusted.....I will contact Jayco Australia next....If you want a pleasant experience, please stay away.....

CSGEO

CSGEOMelbourne

Awesome van, we love it!

My family and I decided that a Jayco expanda pop top was the best value for money. I did lots and lots of research only finding most on the Internet was negative.
Well I can trufully say we are totally satisfied with our brand spanking new 2016 17 56 2 outback. We have done a few trips with it and have not experienced any problems. The van tows extremely well, it soaks up the bumps and exerts very little feedback on the tug. I'm in the automotive trade and I appreciate good engineering and from what I can see with jayco they have nailed it. Well done Jayco and thank you for giving my family and I the opportunity to explore Australia.

Nice Van, poor workmanship

great van for the money

Get what you pay for

Bob

BobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good value for money.

Have owned for 15 months and have nearly ironed out all of the bumps. If you are handy, pretty much all of the issues people complain about can be overcome (leaks - poor cabinetry). Yes, these issues should be solved In house by Jayco, and for the life of me I can't understand why after all of the poor reviews that they don't get stuck in and fix some of the problems. I can't believe their design team are campers or they would not let these issues go unresolved.
Having said all that - we are delighted with the van and would certainly buy another as we believe they are great value for the money.

PeteJ

PeteJBrisbane

Fantastic Van 17.56-2

Don C.

Don C.asked

Expanda Pop Top 17Ft Outback

Hi all
Does anyone know if there is an inline fuse for the outside light or is it just the one inside the black box .. light was working fine and just swapped it out for a led and now it’s not working at all . Swapped it back to the halogen and still not working ..

Big Al

Big Alasked

Expanda Pop Top 14Ft Outback

What is the small switch on the right hand side of the door for?

Jason W.asked

Expanda Pop Top

Can someone please help. I have a 2013 Jayco expands outback and I found a small metal spring when I pull out the toilet Cassette and am unsure of where it attaches. I see there is small hole in the plastic assembly but can’t work out where is attaches from there. Thanks Jason

Roy

Hi Jason, I suggest that you have a look on line for a spare parts diagram for the toilet installed in your van. If the spring is from the toilet unit it will most likely be shown on a parts diagram. The CaravansPlus on-line store is one source of such diagrams that I am aware of. Good luck.

Jason W.

Get an answer from our members and Jayco representatives