JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores

JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores

Attentive Staff and Always Willing To Help And Guide - DFO

The DFO store is in proximity to my home and I never have problems there with getting customer service. In an age where you can use bots and tools online to search for prices; its the human capital input which will always preside over anything else. The staff and store manager at DFO JBHiFi have always ensured I got a deal for laptops and offered unprecedented advice on purchases and outstanding in store support. I cannot fault this store at all and its always a pleasure to window shop or shop at DFO Jb Hi Fi

Where to buy gadgets

Best and easiest refund policy, good sales and nice staff, for electronics appliances phone accessories and laptops , In hi fi is where to go, I have purchased many items from there , never had problem

Product PurchasedEpson Printer

Apple iPhone XR 256GB (PRODUCT)RED

I went into JB to have a look at some of their iPhones and ended up buying the above. I'm a very out of touch with tech and was really impressed with the service. I didn't understand that the newer devices you can't use the old headsets like with the iPhone 6S. They gave me some of the older adapters for free. The price was not that good but still cheaper than Apple.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Exemplar in retail sales behaviour (“Trev” from Ocean Key-WA)

Our Surface Pro was getting a bit long in the tooth so when we spotted the JB HiFi sale on Easter Saturday, we thought we would check things out (impulse buying). Seeing us paralysed by the dizzying array of options, “Trev” gently offered his assistance. At this initial stage, we were too proud to take it up, but the more we looked the more we needed expert guidance so eventually we asked Trev for help. He was very knowledgeable and not pushy and even steered us towards a less expensive (lower commission/profit?) option that was fit for our purpose (not paying for features we would not use or for memory we could get cheaper as an external drive). Being an impulse buy we collected the facts and there retired to a coffee shop to discuss and look at reviews and competitors prices. At this stage he had already invested 30 min of his time but sympathised with our position and was more than happy for us to leave the store to discuss-no attempt to “close the deal”. We confirmed that the recommended option was good for us and the price was competitive so we went back and got it. It was like dealing with a family member who had our best interests at heart in terms matching us to the best option and getting us the best price. In our mind this is how shopping should be, and is the best way (knowledgeable and helpful sales staff) for bricks and mortar to differentiate itself from online competition. Hats off to Trev and we hope JB appreciate star staff and reward them appropriately.

Product PurchasedDell Inspiron 15 5000 Series

I asked a simple question.

Did not get a proper answer. All I got was a survey from Product review company. Not very happy with JB HIFI for not answering my question. So I went elsewhere.

Poor service

Brought a Tom Tom got it home and it didn't work, took it back to JB Hi Fi Mildura they told me they didn't have another Tom Tom, I had to take a Navman instead. The Navman lasted 15months and no longer works, took it back to the store with receipt and was told bad luck warranty is only for 12months two Navman and can't get them to last for more than 15months.

Product PurchasedNavman Move85LM

Unprofessional

Today I called JB Belmont store to ask if they had a certain Olympus camera. I was informed that hey had three in stock and one would be waiting for me when I arrived thirty minutes later. When I arrived the camera was not available so the salesman went to look for it. After a further forty minutes searching he still could not find the camera. This wasted hours of my time and there was no offer to bring in stock from another store or find a suitable solution. Terrible service.

Being uncomfortably stared at by the security guard whilst waiting for the salesperson to get back to me

I went to the store at Westfield Carousel yesterday and it took awhile for the salesperson to get what I wanted which was fine. But because I was waiting at the iPad section for a little too long the security guard stood in front of me like I was a about to steal something. I was with my mum waiting, he only went away when the salesperson came back with what I wanted. It was really quite unnecessary for him to use that tactic as though I was being dodgy. He could've asked me if I needed assistance and I would've told him I was waiting.

Great to inspect but don’t buy there

I’m 67. They ignore me until I accost someone. Then they call me “Mate”.

They lose interest when I don’t want it today.

They take ages to actually take your money and give you the item.

Great range. I buy every new apple product and JB always have stock first but at the local Apple store they take my number and call me when mine arrives.

And they call me “Sir” until they know my name.

I think your store is for young people – they sure don’t want my business.

Casuarina

Went there to buy a Lenovo tab , which I selected online. The guy at the tab section said that model is not available. I said online it says it is available. He pretended that he was searching for something, and said not available. I went out of the shop and purchased the product online within 5 min. In another 10 min I received the message saying it is available for collection. Before I go to the counter to collect it, I went to the guy i spoke earlier to show him that it is available. He said that we get shipments every 20 min and bye to me. He was pathetic and a good joker who can ruin JB's remaining reputation. (I do not want this guy to loose job or reprimands).

Product Purchasedlenovo yoga

JB Hi-Fi Hobart store

I bought a phone from the Hobart store recently. I was helped by Jack. It was the best retail experience I have had in years as Jack explained everything to me, put in the sim card and generally set up the phone. It was so easy and the phone is fantastic. I am so impressed with Jack.

Product Purchasedsamsung phone

JB seem to only accept positive reviews

I bought this fridge a month ago and had a few teething problems. Firstly I got a plumber to install it as I am not the best handy man. The plumber installed it however water was pouring out from the top rear of the fridge due to LG's not connecting it correctly. The plumber fixed that. Over the next 2 weeks a small drops of water were pooling inside the fridge. The LG service called and fixed that. The fridge is a perfect fit as we have only a 900w alcove. Am so pleased with everything as I had been looking for 2 years and LG were smart enough to produce this 865w with water and ice which is exactly what I had been looking for.

This was my review for a LG GFV570MBL refrigerator and JB HIFI rejected it!
What does that say about JB HIFI reviews?

DO NOT USE JB HI_FI

I have now had two really bad experiences with this group and employees. Both time they stuffed up my order by not ordering it or not doing things correctly. I would NOT tell anyone about this company to anyone at all

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Silly Question, who's silly now!!!

I went to the Preston Store. I wanted information on Home Theatre. I made the following statement to the assistant Manager.
I have jist bought a house which has a Projector and a Screen what do I need in between to make it work. She said cables. I said the cables are in place already. Another shopper stepped in and said he needs a video, blue ray, tuner etc to get it to work.
I said to the girl how come he knew what I was talking about. She said " well the question you asked was silly" I said to her but I didn't know what I need so my question wasn't silly as the shopper knew what I was asking. She maintained it was a silly question. I asked for the manager she said she was the assistant Manager.
I said I was upset she thought my question was silly and left the store to Harvey Norman up the road.
I am 68 years old and have no clue on Home Theatre. But I was there to buy whatever I needed. I got it at Harvey Norman. I spent $3500:00. Who is silly now!!!

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Very pleased with my experience with them

Bought a powerline devices (came in pair) and after 6+ month one device dies. No drama here, anything that is a little bit more complex than a crow bar may break. Unfortunately at that time I had already lost the receipt so I thought they would use it as an excuse to not to deal with me. However I was very pleased when I called their store, explained all the details and they were very helpful - they checked their system, found my purchase and after confirming my details invited me to the store for a replacement. And once I arrived they just swapped the fault units with a new one taken out of a brand new box.
Can't be more happier! They price is not the cheapest but it is nice to have a local warranty and confidence backed up by a large well-known brand.
Thanks guys!

Product Purchasedpowerline adapters

Given a second hand tv which is missing parts

Purchased a 24" Soniq tv from Cranbourne store. Given us a second hand tv which is missing parts to the tv, like the tv stand we were assured from the salesperson that the tv has never been used and it was opened. Never again I will go there. I get better service by Harvey Norman.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Was a hassle returning a faulty computer

Bought a tower Lenovo, on Sunday that was sold to me for a discount, 1000 bucks. Tried to replace my old tower, was able to use the old screen and mouse, but had to buy a new keyboard, that took a couple of days, on my part. When switched on, the Windows 10, that was pre-installed, gave blue screen of death. It would not boot, goes in a loop with screen of death. Had to go to return. It took me more than an hour to claim my money back. The tech expert was too busy, intentionally. The manager had to be called twice. At end gave me a voucher and asked to stand again in the queue of purchasers with the voucher if I needed the claim to be processed. Once my turn came, again the manage had to be called to sign off. After many buys from this place, this was my last.

Never shopping at JB Hifi Ever again

I will never shop at JB-HiFi again. I was told by the HORNSBY manager and staff that as my AV receiver was 18 months old it was not covered under warranty they refused to help and I was my fault for not getting an extended warranty. They told me I have to call Sony Directly. Then After reminding them of ACL they told me they would agree to send it for repair. The store has a sign up saying repairs are 3-4 weeks. Their repairer is still “assessing” the repair. The store manager is now telling me that it will be up to 8 weeks.

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Unprofessional and rude customer service

This morning I went and purchased the iPad for my son, when I reached to the cashier she put a grumpy face she has no basic customer service skills like hello and thank you. Apart from that when I ask her for help of how to use the Panasonic gift card to pay but she refused to help and asked me to read at the back of the card myself with a tone of voice when there was only me as a customer by that time. I think this lady should be at the job when she does not love her job as she will scared the customer away.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedApple iPad (6th Generation)

Online trap

Went online got price of tv, rang local store said price correct could pick up next day ,in store next day to pick up told me different price .Price online changed .Told me I could be lying . Service sucked went to good guys cannington ,they looked after me so I gave them the business.