JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores

JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores

Smart TV at an Amazing price

With so much choice JB HiFi offered great advice for our needs. We intended to look at several stores before making a purchase but once we were in the store we didn't bother looking elsewhere.

Store LocationMandurah
Product PurchasedSmart TV

Has all of the tech our teens could need

Not always the cheapest, but often so. My kids love looking at all the tech, gadgets and electronics on display. I have often negotiated a great deal when buying more expensive items.
Sometime click and collect is painful and once a person behind the counter was obnoxious, but someone took over and the job got done.

Store LocationChirnside Park
Product PurchasedLaptop

customer service hell

Liverpool Jb Hifi customer service was seriously bad. Bought a macbook pro, lady didn't ask any questions related to my purchase and basically ignored me until i passed over the money. I also had to initiate the discount conversation by asking if they price matched apple refurbs....awkward

I'm new to apple and didn't know about the dongles and adapters problem so i continue with my purchase and head home to unbox. checking for a cable that might be missing since i'm super newb to this, i realised! that if the customer service representative actually paid attention to me and showed interest toward my purchase, i would have walked out with every peripheral needed. pretty sure standard practice is to bring the tech person over when someone is buying a laptop ?

I was not asked what size ssd i would need or how much ram and what type of cpu i expected (basically the opening for the representative to flaunt interpersonal skills in duty of JB Hifi's mission as a business.) highlighting customer satisfaction.

Digressing ... so the weirdest part was the sales rep asked me to check on my phone for deals on other websites. it was soo awkward it felt like they can't afford it or something, and it left me feeling like i can't bring myself to even return it if something were to happen.

I walked out with what i paid for, but feel cheated as if i'm missing something. the essential process of experienced customer service skills blowing me away!

seriously Jb Hifi i'm sure at least one of your employee's has shopped at apple and experienced the level of customer service. Once you take a look at how it's done, you might not have to deal with this hell hole of bad reviews on most of your stores. (not highlighting the good ones here obviously..)

Store Locationliverpool Jb Hifi
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Product PurchasedMacbook pro 13"

Will not Honour their own ticketed price

Would not honour a ticketed price on a pre ordered game. Simply stated that the price could change by the time the game was released (rendering the point of preordering reduntant) and then simply ignoring the price attached to the preorder. The sales person simply didnt acknowledge the the game type. (in this case a delux edition). I have photo graphed every element of this and look forward to passin gthis onto ACCC and this easily a breach.
Enjoy your fine JB

Store Locationwetherill Park

Buyer Beware * 0 stars*

Bought laptop from JB Hi fi Capalaba. There was an issue with the keyboard randomly not working . I took the laptop back to jb within its 12 month warranty and explained the issue in store. Very rude guy immediately dismissed my claim saying the laptop must have been dropped and stating that I would have to pay for it to be fixed and it would take six weeks! He didn’t even open it to see the issue. I walked out and have since took it to a smaller independent shop who have fixed the issue.
Jb hi fi just want your money and actively go out of there way to make any claim as difficult as possible. I won’t be buying anything else from their stores.

Store LocationCapalaba
Product PurchasedLaptop

poor service - Carseldine Brisbane

Been to JB HI FI Carseldine regularly as it is my local store, service just gets worse every time, if you know what you want great, if you need service best look across the street. The gentlemen who work there are less to be impressed, have had back store staff swearing to each other while bring stock from back room area, before talking about what they are doing with women on weekends, ( really vulgar ) when i was one isle away with children,other times male staff very unprofessional when they turn volume up on equipment full to try and show off to other (young) customers annoying the rest of the whole store while they are trying to shop ( last time it happened i walked out and purchased across the street), went there last weekend / last time, tried to get some assistance to buy a new TV , three male staff members all lazing around back of store playing a guitar and singing (poorly) then arguing amongst themselves it wasn't in tune. How about do your job and serve a customer. Seriously , there used to be good older male staff extremely helpfull , very polite, that is why they had me as a customer, now just young clowns,once again i went next door and purchased my new big screen. I keep giving them the benifit of the doubt but just keep getting let down by this store, the ladies there seem quite helpfull, the male staff is a free for all clown show. Last time , i will either drive 1/2 hour further to the next JB or just buy elsewhere from now on.

Store LocationCarseldine
Warranty Claim MadeNo

My first stop when researching electronic products.

Bundaberg JB Hi-Fi has consistently met my expectations when researching and later purchasing electronic equipment. The range of products to choose from have been excellent, backed up by the knowledgeable staff.

Store LocationBundaberg JB Hi-Fi

Great product range

I have purchased many items from JB Hifi over the years. They have an enormous range of products ranging from cheap to expensive, depending on one’s budget. They are well staffed and offer friendly and efficient service. Today I required a specific adaptor, found the product on their online website, and the staff quickly handed it to me.

Store LocationMacArthur Central, Brisbane CBD

Worst after sale experience

A product failed during the the manufacturer warranty period (6 months). The product was returned for repair and a confirmation email was received the same day. No action was taken for 3 weeks and after a formal complaint another email was received that the product was assessed in the shop and that is being sent to a repair shop. 6 weeks after returning the product a further email was received confirming that the product has been repaired and can be picked up. I went to the shop just to find that the remote was missing and it could not be found. The shop assistant insisted to sign off that I picked up the product and that they will try to find the remote but in the meantime I could use the product using the physical buttons (!). Also of concern is that they advised Samsung that the product has been repaired and that I am happy with the result - I received a phone call from a Samsung representative from USA about 4 days before being advised by JB that the repair is complete, asking me on a feedback on the repair, at a time I didn't know what the status of the repair is.
Currently I am still waiting for someone in JB to make a decision (other than using the product with the physical buttons on the product).
To conclude, the product waited for 3 weeks in the shop before being sent to a repairer, then JB advised their supplier that it has been repaired and a week later they advised me. The product came back without remote and I was candidly suggested to use it without remote and to sign off for the repair.
I have never had such a bad after-sales experience with any retailer.

Store LocationMaroochydore, Queensland
Warranty Claim MadeYes

Price match or no price match lie lie lie

Went in to the Sydney store, looked around got the item, was told if I could find an item would be price matched.
Checked came back said the regional manager was undesided. Gave my card told the young lady to call me either way. Was called. Told a whole load of lies. So no price match. Was informed that they have price matched prior with the other provider.
Put you money where your mouth is JB Hi Fi.
Both young ladies helpful. Tod the manager I had dealing with as well.
Let me know you have my card.

Store LocationWestfield Sydney
Product PurchasedNikon

Customer service

Would like to thank mel from the Bankstown store for her great customer service and help !! Bought a side by side beko fridge so far so good .. Excellent store at Bankstown centro

Store LocationBankstown

Excellent customer service at Joondalup

The computer systems went down when I was trying to purchase a mobile phone plan at the Joondalup store. Ben was cool, calm, collected and knew how to troubleshoot. He is very professional and an asset to your store.

Store LocationJoondalup

Avoid Albert Street Brisbane store

I tried returning a Seagate 1TB portable drive because the cable connection point detached and kept going inside the unit, making it difficult to use. I went first to the MacArthur building store as it was nearest and after looking at it, they immediately offered a replacement, but as I did not have the receipt, asked me to go to the point of purchase, on Albert St.
The employee there, some moron named [name removed], took a quick look, and refused on grounds of "physical damage". He accused me of "ramming" the cable and "bending the port out of shape", and patronisingly advised me "you gotta treat your stuff better, buddy!".
It took a few minutes and some heated argument before it dawned on me that the extremely ignorant service person did not know the difference between a USB port and a Data Charger cable port which is not a simple straight slot, but has a bent notch (BY DESIGN) in the middle !!!
When the manager did show up, he realised the nature of the complaint and agreed to replace it. I could have done without the AGGRAVATION and RUDENESS over an item which is only worth $33 to me after tax deduction! I only returned it on principle as it was faulty and the manufacturer needs to recognise defective products.
Here's a picture of the drive, supposedly with "MAJOR PHYSICAL DAMAGE" (!!!)

Store LocationAlbert Street Brisbane
Warranty Claim MadeYes
Product PurchasedSeagate Expansion Portable STEA1000400 (1TB)

Customer service at JB Hi Fi made the decision to buy there, for us!

The sales consultant was great. He listened, advised, suggested and put together a great deal for us. We went away to get other quotes but found that, hands down, JB Hi Fi had given us the best customer service and price. The initial staff member was not there on our return, so the supervisor ended up looking after us. She put through our order and managed to find a special offer so the price was reduced further. Excellent service from these two. Will be going back there in the future

Store LocationJB Hi Fi Tuggeranong

Good, thats it really

Great new layout for the Warrawong store moving off the highway and into the shopping center, don't like the location of the store next to Aldi but its layout is good internally.

Staff are nice enough but I've never had a problem so I can only say they are good, nothing to exceptionally speak of.

I purchased a HP wireless printer and cartridges on 17/8/19.

Store LocationWarrawong
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Made me out to be a criminal and a liar

Didn't want to give me a refund on a faulty Samsung galaxy a8 Sat me down and said first off we need to check phone for any physical damage so basically saying I caused the faults made a whole lot of excuses why I can't have a refund ran codes and when they came back clear basically we're calling me a liar and that I have to prove there's something wrong with the phone before they can do anything about it very rude very arrogant very confrontational very bad customer service I rang up the store to enquire about a refund using my phone and 1 of the 5 faults on my phone is unable to use speaker phone as person on the other end of phone can not hear me when the receptionist mentioned she can't hear me i had to take it off speaker when I mentioned this to the store manager johanna at jb hifi cabablaba she said that the person I spoke with said she heard me fine and that she has a ear infection what a Joke just proves they will go to any lengths to keep your money I felt intimidated like I was the criminal and I had done something bad for wanting my money back for a faulty product I paid 600 for a phone that does not work properly and I will get a refund whether you like it or not office of fair trading here I come would not recommend and will never use JB HIFI again you suck

Store LocationJb hifi capabala
Product PurchasedSamsung Galaxy A8

bondi junction store

didn twant to give a refund for a faulty $600 tv just wanted to give me store credit. Goes against fair trading policy. rude/ arrogant and stroppy when i insisted i wanted a refund.

Store Locationbndi junction

Very poor service

was told that they couldn't match a price on the Arlo 3 Camera System , They said there are things we can match and your one we cant match, in the end office works price was cheaper and also beat the other quote by 5% , i saved $400

Store LocationWetherill Park NSW

Good staff and products

I have been looking at getting a new laptop for Uni. I went into JB HI-FI and within 5 minutes of looking l was approched by a lovely salesman and asked if he could be of assistance. I told him what l wanted and he showed me several laptops and then told me about them and the use of it. Very well knowledged and very helpful. I did purchases a laptop and other things

Store LocationWestfield West Lakes
Product PurchasedLenovo

Love JBHiFi!

JBHiFi have a massive range of electronics, home appliances and media. Easy to talk to staff make the process of choosing and buying enjoyable. There is no 'hard sell' like some other major retailers. If it's not in stock, they'll get it. Exchanging, warranties are all easy processes and you are never made to feel inferior. When I want electronics JBHiFi offer the best prices and service always.