Jetpets Questions & Answers

34 questions from our users

Deborah Casked

I have just enquired about my 6 month old Sphynx kitten Salvadore who will be flying from Rockhampton Queensland to my home in Perth soon. I was told that he could have his favourite blanket with my smell for him? It was recommended by your staff? Also can anybody help me on helping him to stay warm on the flight? I will be providing my own crate. I am also concerned on how to keep him hydrated as it’s two flights for over 6 hours. Also what vet proof do you require on their health before flight? Thank you from a worried and loving owner :)

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Deborah, thank you for your questions, we totally understand your concerns for your precious Salvadore. We absolutely recommend placing a blanket or soft toy into his travel crate, however please don't place anything of too high value because if he messes his crate it may be removed during travel for his comfort. To keep him warm we recommend placing one of our fleece mats in the crate along with a blanket. All of our travel crates are equipped with a water container, which will be topped up during his stopover. We can also attach a frozen water bottle to the door of the crate to allow for longevity. We hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns, please contact one of our pet travel consultants on 1300 668 309 for further information. Thanks, Jetpets

Jill
Jill

Hi Deborah, I sent my 5 month old bengal kitten to Hobart last Fri using Jetpets. I fed her a couple of hours before taking her to the airport, once they transferred her to one of there crates which was nice and roomy and she could walk around in it, she settled down strait away. also with a water container on the outside of the crate which added water to the container inside there is no need to open the crate to add water, which was my biggest fear, as Xena was like a bullet, super fast, I ended up purchasing the crate, I also put her own blanket In there. they kept her in a nice warm room until she was ready to transfer to her flight, I dropped her off at Jetpets at 11:30 and she was picked up at 4:30pm, they had her settled and inquisitive before I left. I will definitely use Jetpets again. Much better than dropping them off over the counter at a noisy airport. Your kitten will be fine and well looked after.

Deborah C

Oh thank you so very much. I just can’t thank you enough for your comfort and piece of mind it’s priceless.

Jono M.

Jono M.asked

Hi .. if I get 3 puppies from nsw sent to Brisbane can they be sent in one crate ? I know they will feel more relaxed being together

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Jono, thanks for reaching out to us! We'd love to assist you with transporting your 3 pups from NSW to Brisbane. We recommend contacting our team directly on 1300 668 309 or email us at info@jetpets.com.au, our pet travel consultants will be able to talk you through the best options for your pups and answer all the questions you may have. We look forward to speaking with you and thanks again, Jetpets.

Hi Jono
We always fly with Virgin and they provide comprehensive information about flying with pets. A quick look at this doc this morning suggests three puppies can be together in one crate but conditions apply with regards to age, weight etc so please refer to the airline you are flying with. If it were us, we would rather you drive to get us, best wishes to the puppies Cheers Samoyed Frequent Flyers

Catherine J.

Catherine J.asked

I just had my new pet flown to Tamworth-I was told by a friend I could have had a discount due to grieving for the loss of my beautiful Sampson two weeks prior-is this true and if so why wasn’t I told.

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Catherine, we are a little bit confused with your question. Can you please private message us your best contact details and we will be in touch. Thanks, Jetpets

Zara Z

Zara Zasked

Can 8 weeks old puppy fly from Brisbane to Adelaide? Whats the rough cost for that please? Is it between 150 to 250 or more? Thanks.

Hi Zara,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.
We can definitely assist you with your puppy's move from Brisbane to Adelaide.
Unfortunately we can't provide quotes over Product Review so the best thing to do is to contact us on 1300 668 309 or email us at info@jetpets.com.au and a pet travel consultant can assist you with your questions.
Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
Jetpets.

Andrew

Andrewasked

what is the cost to send a puppy from Newcastle to melbourne

Trudi
Trudi

Please ask Jet Pet

Alice
Alice

Hi Andrew, sorry I don’t know. I’ve sent my cat from Sydney to Milan (Italy)
You can contact Jetpets and they’ll provide all the info you need.

Darrin of Riverina
Darrin of Riverina

Don’t know I send regional ask Jetpets

Luis D.

Luis D.asked

How many brachycephalic breeds of dogs has Jet Pet transported overseas into Australia? I have read so many horrible stories about death of these breeds in cargo. Has Jet Pets ever experienced a horrible case like this? I have a French bulldog that needs to be transported to Australia but I am terrified to put him in cargo

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Luis, Jetpets has transported thousands of brachycephalic breeds of cats and dogs throughout our time without incident, however as your research suggests, despite our professional care brachycephalic breeds do face increased risks as they are more prone to respiratory distress when exposed to extreme temperatures or stress. We have several internal measures in place to highly reduce the risk of any such incident. For more information please reach out to us on +613 9339 4300 or info@jetpets.com.au and one of our pet travel consultants can discuss in more detail with you and hopefully alleviate your concerns.

Sean

Seanasked

I want to know what is done when you loose a pet that has been put into your care?

Jetpets A.Jetpets

In the extremely unlikely occurrence that a pet is lost while in our care we would leave no stone unturned in trying to locate the pet while keeping in constant communication with the owner.

Holly Davis

Holly Davisasked

I have a female Caucasian shepherd weighing 130 kg inc very large crate would you be able to help with a larger dog?

HelenR

HelenRasked

Hi, I am eventually looking at transporting my 12yo cat Bella from Nowra NSW to Brisbane but she is extremely anxious when she's even in her cage for 5 minutes. Can anyone please tell me how they have gone in situations like this? Do I have to get some sort of calming medication for her before traveling?

trudyh
trudyh

I used Jetpet to transport my two cats from Auckland to Brisbane and neither of them like their cages but they were fine.Feliway was sprayed onto their mats which helped to keep them calm and I got photos sent and regular updates. What I thought would be a stressful journey for them and me was in fact an amazing service and stress free. Highly recommend

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Helen, thank you for your enquiry.
Bella would benefit from Feliway during travel. A cat exposed to the pheromone scent via Feliway is made to feel as comfortable and relaxed as possible during travel. If you hire or purchase a Jetpets Pet Travel Crate our team at the Sydney transit lounge can spray Bella's crate with Feliway just prior to travel.
There are also other solutions we can step you through, such as purchasing a travel crate prior to Bella's trip and having it become a happy and familiar home away from home.
I suggest you call us on 1300 668 309 and discuss these solutions in greater depth with a Pet Travel Consultant. Please be rest assured that Bella will be in good care with our experienced team.
Thank you, Jetpets.

Michael A.

Michael A.asked

Hi, why are your prices so expensive?...I was after transport for my Border Collie from the Central Coast to Eastern Sydney. The quote I was given seemed excessive in comparison to others like Doggy Transport or Dog movers.

Hi Michael
Thanks for your message, and we appreciate your concern. We do pride ourselves on providing a service that represents value for money based on the level of expertise and service delivered. The best way to respond to your specific enquiry is to have a Pet Travel Consultant give you a call to step you through our provision of service and how it compares to the others. Would you like me to have a consultant call you, in which case you would need to provide me with your best contact number and time to call. Alternatively you can contact a Jetpets Pet Travel Consultant on 1300 668 309. Many thanks, Jetpets

Carla girling

Carla girlingasked

I’m looking to transport 3 hairless sphynx cats from Brisbane to London next year I’m absolutely terrified they will be stress out and the temperature levels any tips for me

Hi Carla,
Thanks for your question. We can absolutely take care of your 3 hairless sphynx cats during their travels from Brisbane to London. We understand that this can be an anxious time, however our pet travel teams are very experienced and we will take the very best care of your cats. The best thing to do is to contact one of our Pet Travel Consultants on 1300 668 309 or info@jetpets.com.au and they can take you through the process step by step as well as answer any questions you may have. Thanks, Jetpets

Nina

Ninaasked

How does your heat policy (if temperature above 35) affect the destination of the flight-does that come into consideration?

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Nina, thank you for your question. We have a dedicated Pet Travel Consultant who monitors the weather around Australia, if the destination is above 35 degrees we look at alternate flight options for your pet. Please contact us on 1300 668 309 to discuss further with our Pet Travel Consultants. Thanks, Jetpets

NannyJoan

NannyJoanasked

I am looking to purchase a 3 month old puppy - Japanese Chin - the size of an average cat when fully grown.I would require him to be collected at St Clair, NSW post code 2759. Would I then pick him up from the airport in Brisbane? Can you give me some estimate of price for such a little pup? Regards, Joan

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Joan, thank you for reaching out to us. We can certainly help with transporting your new little puppy to you. What an exciting time! We can definitely collect him from St Clair and you can either collect him from our Transit Lounge in Brisbane, or we could deliver out to you. In order to provide a quote, we require a few more details. Please call us on 1300 668 309 or email us on info@jetpets.com.au
Jetpets.

Julie A

Julie Aasked

Hi, I’m organising to transport a puppy from Brisbane to Adelaide, I am concerned about the puppy being transported in hot weather. I’m worried about heat stress, are there measures put in place to minimise heat stress?

Hi Julie,
Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to transporting a puppy from Brisbane to Adelaide. At Jetpets we have an Extreme Weather Policy (heat,wind, storms, heavy rain), and a dedicated Pet Travel Consultant who monitors the weather around Australia (and the world) and adjusts our travelling pets flights accordingly should extreme weather be predicted. However, we do recommend to avoid last minute flight changes due to weather, to book an early morning flight to avoid the heat of the day. I hope that helps. Please do get in contact with one of our Pet Travl Consultants on 1300 668 309 for more information. Thanks, Jetpets

Denise

Deniseasked

Why do I have to pay in bitcoins?

Hi Denise
That's an interesting question. We don't actually take bitcoin payments. If you contact Jetpets on 1300 668 309 you can be connected with a Pet Travel Consultant who will happily step you through payment options. Thanks again, Jetpets.

Tamie R

Tamie Rasked

Do you do in state delivery. And catterys for a move

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Tamie. Thank you for reaching out to us. We can facilitate door to door transport for your pets and we also partner with many fantastic catterys. Please call us on 1300 668 309 so we can find out more about your pet travel requirements. Thanks, Jetpets.

Rosie

Rosieasked

Do dogs going to NZ from Qld have to be quarantined?
What is your cost to send two Jack Russell’s from Cairns to Wellington?

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Rosie, Dogs travelling from Australia to New Zealand are not required to spend time in Quarantine, however vet work is required. Please contact one of our Pet Travel Consultants on 1300 668 309 or info@jetpets.com.au for further information on vet work requirements and pricing. Thanks, Jetpets.

Catherine L

Catherine Lasked

I see the Australian Government BioSecurity guidelines for importing dogs from Category 3 countries require blood tests to be done to check for certain diseases. How is this arranged? Who determines if the BioSecurity requirements are met?

Hi Catherine,
Thanks for reaching out. You are correct, a range of blood tests are required when pets are entering Australia from Category 3 countries. We advise to contact your local vet to arrange the blood testing – your vet will then refer the blood (once drawn) to a testing lab (in the same country for Category 3 countries). If we are taking care of your pets movement, we will check the blood work to make sure it meets the Australian Government BioSecurity requirements (and will send through guidance documents to provide to your vet before the testing to help ensure compliance).
For further information please contact one of our specialist Pet Travel Consultants who can take you through the process step by step. You can reach out via email - info@jetpets.com.au

Chad

Chadasked

My puppy is being transported from Queensland to Tasmania, which is 9 and a half hours of time. Does he get a chance to stretch his legs or pee, or is he expected to pee in his cage? It seems sad that he would be expected to pee in his cage. Only being a puppy he won’t be able to hold for 9 and a half hours.

Jetpets A.Jetpets

Hi Chad, would you mind private messaging your contact details so that we can follow up with you and ask a few more questions about your puppy? Thanks so much!

Victoriaasked

Hello. Will you fly a 1 year old rabbit from Sydney to Paris? Know it’s long haul and concerned about how he’ll cope. Is it less stressful just to give him up for adoption

Hi Victoria,
Can we get some contact details so we can call you to confirm some information?

Victoria

Hello yes I’ll send in a request on the website. Thanks

Get an answer from our members and Jetpets representatives