Good customer service and communication...

Our first Meeting with sales consultant [name removed], he explained everything and helped us to choose the right plan after that he helped us through the whole process. Our administrative leader [name removed] was very helpful and she arranged the building permit and insurance etc.within two weeks .she is so patient and updated all the details on time. We are excited to see our new investment home.....

So far, so good!

We are just about to begin our construction phase, and we have been very pleased with the process so far.
We are building on a average sized block but really wanted to keep to a single story house, and those that we have dealt with have made this possible for us, also getting us all the extras that we wanted without compromising anything we wanted, which wasn't easy!
They have been great with dealing any of our questions or queries in a prompt manner, and have been helpful in solving any issues we have had so far.
Hoping that we have the same great experience on our next part of the build!

Build StagePre-Construction

Cant get hold of anyone. Maintenance issues being ignored.

Water seeping in the master bedroom. Repeated calls made & emails sent but no one has got back to us. It’s been more than a month & the condition is getting worse. Hopefully someone will get back ASAP as with the current condition the water might start coming inside very soon. Thanks

Terrible experience

We built our first family home, just a basic 16sq 4 bedroom 2 living area home, added a bunch of upgrades but still not an extravagant house. Took 10 months to complete! Had little contact from the site supervisor, was constantly chasing him up to get progress updates. Dodgy carpentry work, was even told by the site supervisor ‘they did your house and will not be used by us again’. Moved in and had splits amongst all the joins in architraves etc. our house sat waiting for a painter for 2 months before we actually got a family member to take on the contract. Delays from the carpet company and the concrete. We also had a burst pipe from when the site clean up was done, no one bothered to tell us, again we got a family member who was a plumber to fix this problem for us. We also had a leak in the roof that sat unattended to for 3 months, dripping down and causing wet patches to the plaster and skirting boards. Finally we reached our walk through one week prior to our move in date to notice the front door was damaged. The site supervisor said he hopes he doesn’t have to replace that door (quite clearly it needed to be). I went into JG King traralgon to express my concerns where they told me they would inspect the door. This never happened and the day before we were set to get the keys we viewed the door to see they had just glued the broken bits. Told them it wasn’t good enough so couldn’t not get our keys the next day as it took 2 weeks for the new door to come in. We moved in with the damaged door because we could not stay in our rental for any longer. As the new door was installed, the carpenter dropped it and damaged our floors, did not even tell us. So then we had to chase up the flooring being replaced. We also waited months to get that new door stained and only got it done because we paid our family member to come back and stain it for us. We have since had our maintenance check and listed 2 full pages of faults, of which we are still waiting on to be completed, 8 months after giving JG King the list of issues. We have a whole frame in our house that has been put on backwards which they refuse to do anything about. we Contact them and are told they don’t receive our emails. There is probably plenty I have forgotten, so long story short, stay away from JG King as they will constantly disappoint you

Build StagePost-Construction

Can’t get hold of anyone!

Our home was complete in 2015 and there are rain leaks everywhere! Worst part, I cannot get in contact with anyone to rectify the situation. They ignore my calls and my emails, I call the head office and they say they’ll take a msg and they’re at lunch. I would never get involved with this mob.

Construction End DateJanuary 2015
Hi Kaan O. Please email your address or job number to the feedback team for a prompt response. feedback@jgking.com.au warm regardsWhy? I do not want to provide feedback, I want someone to fix the leak in your shoddy workmanship. I have called and emailed multiple times. I have called head office and they have claimed the person responsible is on "lunch" and will call me back and 'I should send an email to service@jgking.com.au as this is the appropriate avenue, not emailing joesephc@jgking.com.au as he does have time to check his emails'. I have followed the appropriate avenue I was told to and have not received a response. Our whole estate is leaking and they cannot get in contact with anyone as well. Our leak has not stopped and we have tried over and over again.Sent an email to where you suggested. Still no response. This is a clear example of the type of company this organisation is. Crooks.

Will definitely build with JG King Homes again!!

We absolutely loved our whole build process! Our first meeting with [name removed] the Sales Assistant was so much fun! We did not feel rushed or treated like we were "young home buyers that don't know anything" like some of the other builders had. We felt very comfortable and [name removed] understood exactly what we wanted. We first decided on the H6 however at our very last appointment before contract signing, agreed we wanted a bigger living space and went with the H8. NO REGRETS AT ALL! Our contract signing was fairly simple due to colours and everything being selected with the sales consultant on the VERY handy design selection boards. After contracts were signed we were at site start by March 2019. The build went smoothly and in just 5 months we were at Handover. Any concerns we had during the build our Site Supervisor [name removed] was straight onto the issue and it was resolved very quickly. Throughout the whole process we were notified regularly with updates and contacted straight away if a problem occurred. Our home quality is great! Paint all looks immaculate and trims and edging are all done well also. It looks exactly like the display home! Final costs came in under our initial budget. We were refunded for things like rock removal, shelving that we did not want installed and also extra concreting we decided not to have done. We highly recommend building with JG King and are already planning on buying land in the coming years and building with them again!

Construction End DateJuly 2019
Hi Cinda, We are very pleased to offer you great service. Our team are passionate about building beautiful quality homes and we recognize this starts right at the beginning in sales. Offering great value for money and then proactive solutions right through to handover. We wish you all the very best in your new home. warm wishes JG King Team

Been very easy to deal with, so far so good!!

Only in the first stages of the build, been easy and trouble free so far. Excited for the journey.
We made a few changes and they were more than happy to help us. Planning was
Nice and easy and with the small hiccups were sorted with out ya having the hassle. Only early stages but so far very satisfied

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Nathan. thank you for taking the time to review JG King. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive experience so far, we love receiving this feedback, We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

Prompt communication & friendly team!

As a first home owner building my investment property, I could not have chosen a better company. From initial consultation and selecting house plans to completing pre-construction phase, I've had a very pleasant journey. My consultant ([name removed]) was very friendly and helpful. I really appreciated his assistance in choosing the ideal design to suit my needs. [name removed] was an excellent team leader who handled my administration well. With all things new to me, she took the time to explain certain processes and ensured I understood. Overall, JG King's customer service has been exceptionally professional and efficient. I especially would like to thank [name removed] who has been nothing but absolutely wonderful! She was always prompt and very easy to communicate with. I'm very appreciative of all the times she answered my many questions and for being patient with me. I am very excited to commence the construction phase knowing I am with a trusted team.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Julia. thank you for taking the time to review JG King. Building your first home, is a huge investment! We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

excellent service from start!

Since first meeting with sales representative and consecutive meetings with [name removed] we were impressed with customer service.As first time builders we had tons of questions and all were happily explained to us.
We would highly recommend JG King Homes to anyone considering building their new home.All steps of the build process were clearly explained and staff of JG king homes Horsham were always available when we had any questions

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Pawel. thank you for taking the time to review JG King. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

So far so good

We are at the initial stages as construction is starting some time in Early September and so far the admin team : The admin team have been very helpful and explain all points to me as its my first home and there are so many doubts and red flags. Pricing has been on competitive side with them and its a good package all together. Fingers crossed as i wait to see the final outcome.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Abhey, thank you for taking the time to review our service. We love receiving great feedback. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

GREAT SERVICE, FROM START TO FINISH OF THE CONSULTATION NEW BUILD. BUILDING PERMIT APPROVED!!

The Team from JG king home have been great help from day one of consultation.
Michael sales assistant has been great help from day one coming out to my site and assisting me and going through which house would suite the current block. Very, patient with the following steps, he was going through to pick the house suitable, for my comfort and the fit for the current block.

Upon signing of contracts, at office Aditit was very informative of the contract and going through with changes, and additional extras, need to be added upon signing. Going through to the showroom and selecting which features, I will be getting on the new build.

Final Stage of building plans, building permits. Mamatha was great help checking any changes, to plans and council updates, with building permits, and issues , I had. Mamatha, always responding to my emails, and phone calls quickly, Thanks. BUILDING PERMIT APPROVED!! now let the Building Construction start.••

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Charles, thank you for taking the time to review our service. We love receiving great feedback. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

Good Admin Support so far

Very happy with the admin support in my pre-build stages with all my documentation and approvals. The sales team was very helpful as well, with [name removed] looking after us well in the planning and quoting stage. I hope the build goes as well as the pre-build experience has been.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Rmz Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We love receiving great feedback. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

Some small Difficulties

Original plan sighed and deposit paid start of December 2018. Planing stage completed mid May. I feel it may have been a delayed process. 1st time building so not too sure of usual timings. Love the house plan provided and the added costs were a bit of an eye opener. Opted out on a lot of extras due to cost. Hopefully build runs a lot smoother and there are no communication issues.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Ray, thank you for taking the time to review us. We love receiving great feedback. We are thrilled to hear that our team have provided you with such a positive building experience so far. We wish you all the very best throughout the remainder of your building journey. Warm Regards, JG King Homes

Worst experience of my life

I put trust in jg king to build my dream home. What I have instead is a disaster. The house doesn't meet standards and tolerances. They have completed a level 5 on the plaster yet still doesn't meet standards and tolerances. At no stage had they had my interests at heart. They disregard anything I say. The house was suppose to be completed 12 March 2019. I'm now faced with being homeless because where I'm staying has given me an eviction notice as they want to sell the house. I am a single mum with 4 Kids at home. I put my trust in jg king to build my beautiful 55.5 square home.

The quality of any trades are substandard and their saying its not too bad. My brickwork is poor the mortar is falling out over window sills and the spaces between the brick and mortar is large. The window sills are like a wave. The upstairs bathroom creaks when walking on it. At Every stage this has been a nightmare. The concrete slab is disgusting. I have a rainbow pattern through it because of the trowel marks and dips in the concrete. They said they are going to fix certain things with my house but then again they have said that all along and hasn't been done to any standard.
They also said the standards and tolerances is only a guide. Well maybe so however when the mortar is up to 25-30mm wide that is certainly not acceptable.

Let's see what happens when my independent inspector comes to view the end product. Unfortunately I don't trust a thing jg king says anymore.
The only positive is a reasonable supervisor by the name of [name removed]

Build StageMid-Construction
Hello Tray, We are very disappointed to read these comments, and your feedback is important to us please email your concerns and site address through to feedback@jgking.com.au and our team will be in contact with you. warm regards JG King Team warm regards JG King team

Worst people to build with!!!

Worst people to build with all was sweet till we started picking out stuff wrong with the build showers way smaller then there sizing by 3 inches patchy paint work. Mortar 45mm think slab 2 brick work no double boxing on slab pour and thats only the start of the problems!!! We r now on our thrid site supervisor they dont answer phone calls or emails worst company 2 deal with!!!!!!

Build StageMid-Construction
Hello Steve, We are very disappointed to read these comments, and your feedback is important to us please email your concerns and site address through to feedback@jgking.com.au and our team will be in contact with you. warm regards JG King Team warm regards JG King teamGot a new guy from Shepparton looking after us now his awesome making life so much easier fixing all problems hope we stay with him till move in !!!

Happy With Our New Home

My husband and I built a home with JG King that was completed in July, 2019.
A number of factors went in to us choosing JG King to build our first home. First being- price. At the time we found their base pricing is quite competitive for the product and market in Melbourne. The floor plans are also functional, with open plan layouts ideal for families.
Their Up Collection is a great entry level house build and it suited our budget at the time, enabling us to choose some great upgrades to suit our family.
Sales staff were also helpful. We found they were no frills, easy going, happy to answer questions and certainly not pushy. They also didn't tell us what was 'wrong' with other builders and were quite positive, we thought that was quite refreshing.
Where I feel that JG King are let down is with consistency of communication between management, site coordinators and building staff- it is a real issue with this company.
My husband and I were very patient clients and understood that some weeks would be quiet on the build site. However, our basic home, four bedrooms- (we did our own flooring, down lights, driveway etc) took 9 months.
We had four changes in project managers, one in particular who over promised and under delivered, resulting in us breaking a lease early (as we were told told us it would be completed within two months- and it ended up taking another 4 months after that! It cost us financially and feel it could have been avoided with better communication. One project manager, we didn't hear from in the four weeks he had it. I believe some of the project managers we built with are no longer working with the company.
We finally struck gold with our last project manager who turned it around and had our home completed within five weeks from when he received it, where it had been sitting idle for months. I am aware they've recently had good staff come on board which will hopefully benefit the consumer.
Workmanship wise- it is good and what we paid for, a basic home build. The inclusions are not unlike any builder inclusions across Melbourne. Paint job was shocking, but in talking to our neighbours most weren't impressed with their paint jobs on new home builds! And that varies from 'volume' builders through to those who used custom builders.
Overall, we've been in the home for two months now and all is great. If I could be assured of a standard of communication and building across their project managers (which I think was the main reason for our terrible delays) and more effective communication, I would build with them again.
A great price, great layout, and overall happy- thanks JG king.

Quality Home at Reasonable Price

JG King Homes

Let me commence this review by stating up front that choosing JG King Homes to construct our new house was the best decision we could have made. We overheard conversations of professional people chatting over coffee about the building industry regarding the materials used, so this was the reason we chose JG King because of the steel frame and the quality of workmanship in the display home.

While we were doing the rounds of display homes, we ventured into our local JG King display home and were extremely lucky to be engaged by a genuine salesman ([Name Removed]) who was very pleasant, helpful, friendly, honest and not pushy in any respect. Over a week or so, we must have spent hours with [Name Removed], driving him nuts in an effort to get a complete overview of what to expect. Let’s face it; this is usually a one off pursuit.

There are three main things to life especially if you have decided to build a new home, these are 1, Make peace with your bookmaker; 2, Don’t let your missus meet the girlfriend and 3, most importantly, ensure you get to know your site supervisor very well….

Once you understand how a large building company operates, you should find the build to be a seamless process and you won’t be disappointed. However, when you make the final decision to build, there are several points you need to agree to and understand.

• Firstly: large building companies use designated contractors;
• Secondly: you are not permitted to be on-site unless you are in the company of the Site Supervisor; and,
• Thirdly: once you sign the Contract, it cannot be altered unless by Regulation changes or availability of items.

Let’s go through the three points individually. Sometimes, you may wish to use your own contractor such as an electrician or plumber because they may live locally and you know them personally and they will do a good job for you. You can also spend time explaining exactly what you are after. I will take this opportunity to raise a point of concern, especially regarding electrical and electronic issues. Electrical is ‘somewhat’ straight forward unless you have special requirements, but the main concern is the electronics area regarding data, NBN, phone and in the Lara, Geelong, Mildura and Ballarat areas, iiNet Cable. You really need to make an appointment to meet with the manager of the contracting company on-site; this to ensure a full explanation of exactly what you want, where you want it situated and how it is going to connect to the services. The JG King consultant you are dealing with during the Contract stage may not fully understand the complexities of electronic devices you may wish to use or modern items such as Biometric scanners or fingerprint devices to unlock your outside doors. This is one area you wish you could use your own contractor!!

This explanation of your exact requirements needs to be explained fully to your consultant who is guiding you through your Contract. There is no value to anyone if you are desperately waving your arms about (entertaining perhaps) trying to explain something to them. It becomes less complicated if you can supply a picture or documentation showing your requirements. Indeed, if you can meet the contractor on-site, he will be able to advise the consultant as to what to put into the Contract.

Not being allowed on-site has both draw-backs and good points. If you are on-site, you would be able to spot a mistake that may be happening in real time and suggest the necessary corrections. Unfortunately, this has to wait till you organise a site inspection, usually at each stage of completion (unless you contact the site supervisor and request an early inspection) and try to make sure everything has been done correctly. Alternatively, by not being on-site stops you from interfering with the build by making small or even large changes on the spot and driving the builders crazy and necessitating changes to the Contract and cost!!

Signing the Contract is final and changes cannot be made unless a Regulation amendment enforces a change and you will be advised and need to sign a ‘Variation to Contract’. Prior to signing the final Contract prior to the commencement of the build, you will need to go through every line of your Contract and ensure you understand exactly what you are getting and what you have agreed to. Let’s say you want to have lever handles on all your doors rather than round knobs for easier operation if you have arthritis. Make sure that the Contract states the word lever and not just a make and model number as this could be round knobs on entrance doors while the inside doors are all lever. So don’t be afraid to question the slightest item that you don’t understand. Ensuring the Contract is correct makes it easier and more comfortable to everyone concerned.

Having finalised the Contract (many thanks to [name removed]), then the formal signing will take place and the build commences.

Having a good Site Supervisor makes all the difference in the world and though you cannot choose them, you must form a good rapport with whoever it may be and ensure a good flow of communication and information between both of you. We probably had the best (many, many thanks to [name removed]) Site Supervisor who made the whole building process quite pleasurable and understandable. [name removed] needs to be congratulated on his overall keenness, dedication and industry.

Since we are all different, there will be some of you who will find the process irritating, slow and frustrating. As we all should know, you cannot please everyone, sometimes you have to wait a while for contractors due to weather and as they have to move about from different sites in your area and it can seem a lifetime holding up the build. However, if you understand the process, you will not be disappointed.

Watching the house progress, especially during the frame work stage with the steel framing is extremely interesting and should be viewed with pride. Friends and acquaintances will be impressed and will approach you to discuss the build!! Electricians love the steel frame as it comes ready made with holes in it for feeding the wiring through. Also, the steel will not bend or bow with age which means your doors and widows will always open and close without you having to put your shoulder to them!

We chose a four bedroom home from the catalogue which seemed to satisfy our requirements. The only draw back with this is that you don’t actually see your choice as a display home being due to limitations of display homes in your particular area. Be sure to see all the display homes from other companies and write down all the features you want to consider for your home to ensure it is accommodated in your final choice from the catalogue.

Because of this factor, we have found that there were a couple of design faults which, in hindsight, we should have seen but did not think about at the time. These were the sighting of the refrigerator and the size of the pantry which I shall explain:

Being a four bedroom home, there is ‘potential’ for up to eight people being two adults and with bunks in the other three bedrooms up to six children!! With this in mind, the plan had the refrigerator placed next to a wall which immediately limited the size and type. In our case, the wall was to the left of the fridge space opening. This forces you to choose a right hinged fridge and freezer because the door could only be opened past the 90 degree position on one side to allow the opening of fridge drawers.

Any other type of refrigerator such as a left hinged or French style doors, the left side door cannot be opened past 90 degrees (because of the wall), thereby not allowing the opening of internal drawers. One could argue that a smaller refrigerator would work and yes it probably would, but we are talking about a four bedroom home and catering for up to eight people. The home really requires sufficient space for a refrigerator and freezer side by side allowing for all doors to open past the 90 degree mark.

The other design fault is the pantry which we felt really should be a walk-in butler’s pantry for this size home and not just a cupboard with shelves which would be more effective with a two or three bedroom home. Luckily, we will not be having eight people in the home!

The only fly in the ointment that caused us some frustration was the construction of the veranda which took a huge amount of time by the contractor. The unfortunate outcome and the sequential problems it caused were delays with the completion of the build plus our extra unit rental costs on top of it.

So to finish this review, let me say that you need to ensure that everything you want is documented in the Contract, pay the deposit and enjoy the experience. The only real argument may probably happen when both of you are choosing the colours of the interior (walls, fittings etc.) and exterior (roof, bricks, guttering etc.) of the home, so make sure you have an extra place to stay (or spare bedroom) for one of you till you find agreement!!

So, thank you once again to the wonderful people who make JG King such a great company and have provided us with a wonderful home and experience.

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for your kind and fair appraisal. The truth is building a new home can be a complex undertaking, and our amazing team work hard to make this journey for you seamless. We recognize this begins right back in sales and design, by providing high quality customer service and communication throughout is key. This is the outcome we strive for, and we are so grateful for you detailed feedback, as will our many prospective clients in the future, reading your valued comments. Wishing you the very best settling into your new home and beyond. warm regards JG King Team

A fantastic introduction to our building process

We have found JG King Horsham to be extremely friendly, helpful and thorough in our pre-build phase. No question was left unanswered and we always felt comfortable approaching the staff with queries and advice. The sales and office staff have been outstanding. We are excited for our building phase to commence very shortly.

Build StagePre-Construction
Hi Natalie, thank you for the great review. We are very pleased to offer you great service. Our team are passionate about building beautiful quality homes and we recognize this starts right at the beginning in sales. Offering great value for money and then proactive pre-site solutions. Our construction team will take great care of you for the rest of your journey. warm wishes JG King TeamThank you, looking forward to the next stage very much!

Can't wait to move in!

After trawling through way too many display homes we landed with JG King based on a plan we loved, affordable build price and a helpful, honest sales guy at the Waterford Rise display village.
The admin team have been wonderful throughout the process with prompt replies to any questions.
The construction period has been seamless and easy despite having to make a few changes along the way.
We've got along well with our site supervisor and although he could have been a little harder on slack trades, the end result is beautiful and we are delighted that we'll be moving in this weekend!

Construction End DateAugust 2019
Hi Trudy, How very exciting for you! We are so thrilled to read how happy you are. Your feedback is very much appropriated by the whole team. This is the result we strive for. We love building high quality beautiful homes We wish you all the very best for your move in and beyond, creating a lifetime of memories. warmest wishes JG King Team

Very happy so far

I’m still in the build stage, but so far I’ve been very happy. From the salesman and the office staff through to the building supervisor. The salesman from my initial appointment has been fantastic. He’s kept in touch and has shown genuine interest in how things are progressing. Very exciting times ahead and I’m glad I chose JG King.

Construction End DateNovember 2019
Hello Shazzlee, What a great name, and what a great review.... thank you :) It gives us great pleasure to read how happy you are. Our team are very passionate about what they do, and this is the result we all strive for. Wishing you all the very best for the rest of your journey warm wishes JG King Team