Well Managed house

Very good experience with JG KINGS Ballarat
Supervisor [name removed] knows His Job very Well
100% Recommendations to everyone and very well priced
Me and my wife very happy for the job so far
Hopefully our house finish soon we can’t wait anymore
Cheers JG KINGS BALLARAT

Construction End DateJune 2019

Terrible experience

This is the worst builder I have ever met. They took over one year to complete a medium size house and tradies work quality is awful. And also the supervisor never responded to my contacts and his quality of work is absolutely unprofessional. Think, at least 100 times before sign the contract with this builder

Bad
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateFebruary 2019

Good communication

I have searched and compared so many builders, but found JG King Homes to be reliable and cost effective.
So far my experience with the sales person at Harpley Village display has been outstanding, and moving forward, until the start of construction, we were updated about all aspects of the building process.
We are very impressed with JG king homes so far, and are looking forward to an amazing finished home.

Build StagePre-Construction

First time building

As first timers we are happy with our new home and if we had any issues they were resolved and we were kept informed at each stage and made welcome to inspect at anytime.

Site Admin
Good
Electrical & Lighting
Construction End DateOctober 2018

A great start

Although it is still in the pre construction stage, the service so far has been faultless. [name removed] has been very accommodating and professional and the communication has been great. No pushy sales tactics, no hassles at all.

Build StagePre-Construction

Looking forward to it

Have built with JG King numerous times. Sales person and sales administration person have been extremely good. Both very efficient, good communicators and know what they are talking about.

Separate to the great job of the staff we have dealt with, we have had the feeling that we have been price gouged every step of the way. From minor through to major alterations away from the standard plan. There was insufficient investigation early on e.g. pier length and block slope etc. Which is not very good giving the number of JG King homes in very close proximity, that are under construction or just completed. Therefore we got a considerable shock when final costs came through, comparing to costing estimate as we were going through the design stage.

Tile selection stage is way too late and any alterations/upgrades from the contract/standard selection/additional tiles area (which is almost probable), are not included in the contract and therefore the home loan cant be secured against it.

OK
Construction End DateSeptember 2019

Sales and Customer Service is fantastic!

The office sales and office customer service we have received has been outstanding.
The colour consult was also great.
We were not happy with a the concrete in the alfresco area, front porche and garage.
Also I felt pressured (from site manager) to sign a form without my partner around for a septic pump.
Lots of issues with the front door.
Would be good if you used a local supplier for choosing flooring options.
Final cost compared well with estimate.

Good
Structural Integrity
Good
Plumbing & Waterproofing
Good
Electrical & Lighting
Good
Flooring
Good
Build StagePost-Construction
Construction End DateApril 2018

Great experience, well built, pleasure to work with

The build was well managed, with quality workmanship and any issues were addressed well, to give a pleasing end result. Our final cost was very similar to the estimated cost.

Construction End DateJuly 2018
Hi Buddy, Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad that you're satisfied with your new home. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Awesome experience

We are at the final construction stage and if all goes to plan weeks away from being completed!
From day one the team in Horsham have been amazing all the way through from the sale, planning to construction. They have kept us constantly up to date and have gone above and beyond with their friendly and quality service. We made several changes to our plans initially to get our dream home underway and nothing was too much trouble. The workmanship, overseeing and quality of the build is fantastic and cannot fault them at all.
The costs has been fully communicated upfront and we feel we have got value for our money.
I would highly recommend jgking as it's been a stress free process for us and we are very happy with the results!

Build StageMid-Construction
Hi Rachel and Aaron, We are thrilled that your building experience has been stressed free so far! We hope you enjoy your new home when completed. Thank you for sharing your feedback. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Nothing but disappointment

The build was managed poorly from start to finish.
Painter started prior to plaster defects patched
Floor tiles installed prior to second coat of paint
This has left paint over our floor tiles which we have attempted to clean ourselves as we were told by the site supervisor ‘What do you want me to do about it’
Bathroom fittings (basins/bath) installed prior to ceiling paint
This resulted in paint all over bath which after many complaints they sent in a contractor to polish the bath which has not even removed the paint marks but has removed the clear coat and no longer looks like the new bath we paid for.
Painting unfinished in patches and not the 3-coat finish quality we expected when paying extra for a three coat finish.
Power box is sitting 285mm off the brick wall on side of house. Told not their problem as it should have been picked up by us from drawings at contract stage (even though we are not draftsman and no such meauresment is written on any plans) and they are the ones who asked where we want the house positioned and we explained the power box is to sit on the side of the garage as it does on every other house site and we already have landscaping plans for a path on that side of the house.
The company are the ones that draw up the plans and made changes without consultation and then had their electrician to bill us direct on top of a fixed price contract without notifying us direct. We received a bill in the mail from someone we have never met or signed anything for and when we called him he told us we had to pay him as JG King won't pay him what work he has done.
Concrete alfresco is on such an angle that an outdoor table would not hold anything upright without it falling over.
Beams in the alfresco not even level.
Glass in Windows full of defects that have already been replaced twice with more defected windows. They must use a company that sells seconds.
Double timber front door was damaged by tradesman, so it has attempted to be repaired unsuccessfully. It looks as though they have cut the dents and chips from the timber and then glued on a seperate piece of timber then tried to say it was a brand new door from another build site. The timber staining is now different on both doors as we were given a door from another site but have been told it will have to do.
The company was unable to supply a door handle for one side of the double front doors so we have been told to sign a variance and they will refund. I’ve tried to explain this is not a good enough resolution as a door handle from another company would not match and it should be up to the company to source and install an alternative product to both doors.
Went through for a final inspection in August 2018 and its now February 2019 and still don’t have a move in date.
Repetitively told just to sign off on final payment and they will look at defects after the 3-month stage.
Have also been threatened on multiple occasions with VCAT by site supervisor and Manager if we don’t sign off on the poor quality that has been the construction of our home.
As I have paid for a large amount of money for so many extras I would expect the company I’m paying to construct my home take my concerns seriously. This is not the case and do not have anything positive to say about the whole experience. When trying to voice my concerns with the Regional Manager i was spoken down to and told well are you finished, are you finished in such an agressive way I left in tears. We have now noticed a major crack running the whole length of the bricks around one side of the house as concrete slab poured incorrectly and bricks hanging over slab in one section as per photo. We now have to take JG King to VCAT to have defects and damages looked at as they no longer even take our phone calls. As a woman I have never been treated with such disrespect in my whole life and this company should be ashamed.

Construction End DateFebruary 2018
Hi Don, we are sorry that you are dissatisfied with this experience. We hope having a 3rd party involved will help resolve all outstanding issues. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Really good service

We are only at the start of construction stage but so far the JG King have been most accommodating and always remained friendly. Contract variations have been explained and timelines have been met as expected. We especially liked the design/colour choice stage with the online feature very handy, saves a lot of time when doing the inhouse session to decide on all the fit out choices.

Construction End DateSep 2019
Hi Bernadeen, Thank you for your feedback. It is great to read that your experience has been great so far and that we have met your expectations. Hopefully the construction stage would be just as good. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Best Builders wont choose anyone else to build my Home

I was Dealing with [Name Removed] and I can say she was the highlight of my Experience with JG King. She takes the time to understand what is most important to you and she also keeps you updated with what is happening so I never felt unsure of what was happening at the different stages. JG King Homes give plenty of options and also make the process of selecting colours and materials easy. Would rate 10/10 and will recommend to friends and family.

Construction End DateJun 2019
Hi Sophie, Thank you for your feedback. Our staff are very passionate about what they do and we are thrilled that you have had a great experience so far. We hope that the construction process will be just as good! Kind regards, JG King Homes

Journey till Pre-Site Admin - Happy with their Service

This is a Preliminary Review Based on my experience so far (Pre-Site Admin - Meaning, before the actual start of building works). I'm sure, I'll be posting another review post job completion.

The package I bought with JG King Homes was an Investor Pack. Compared to the other builders, I felt the pricing is reasonably fair and I would say its a definite value for money. That also means minimal/no changes allowed in the design, which I was ok, since this is an investment house. The sales journey was alright but I felt rushed to complete the standard colour selection in a very short span of time. Not very happy, but as there are not many choices to make, I was ok.

The contract signing process was smooth and she was very patient to explain and answer most of my questions. She is very knowledgeable too and I think she generally handles most of the contract discussions with the clients.

Post contract, I had to deal with 2 different admins as 1 had left the company mid-way. I find the later person was much helpful and informative during the entire journey until the Building Permit was approved. Even though I had trouble reaching out to her over the phone (probably she might be in appointments), she was always available and responsive to my emails. I'm very happy with her support.

Overall, the journey was smooth with no hiccups or hidden surprises so far and I hope the building journey will be as smooth as this.

Construction End DateJun 2019
Hi Ganesh, Thank you for your detailed feedback. We do apologise if we had to rush you in the selection process, we will ensure that future clients are not rushed in this process as we understand that it is a very important process. We hope that the construction experience will be just as good. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Smooth Pre Construction Phase

The sales people were not at all pushy. We saw the larger 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom display home but researched on the internet for other smaller, more affordable home options. The whole process has been very easy to understand and any questions are answered without condescension. Construction has now begun and we have been introduced to our Construction Supervisor. So far it has been a very smooth process and all costings have been transparent.

Construction End DateSep 2019
Hi Jessie, Thank you for your review. We are glad that you went through a positive sales process in which you weren't pressured in any way. All the best for the rest of the construction phase. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Excellent service ! Experienced and easy to deal with !

We have just completed the Pre-Construction Stage. JG Kings consultants involved starting from Sales to handing over to construction has been very helpful.Trustworthy, well organised and patient set of people, who basically answered every question we raised and cleared any doubt we had during the process so far. It was very easy dealing with them as they were always reachable via email or phone. Especial thanks to [name removed], who coordinated everything on sales side and [name removed], the little legend who coordinated everything brilliantly and made it a smooth run up to this point. Thanks to everyone who helped us so far, and it has been a pleasure working with you all. Hope the same kind of support till the project is completed. Cheers

Construction End DateOct 2019
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that our Pre-Construction team met your expectations. We hope that your construction experience will be just as good. We wish you all the best! Kind regards, JG King Homes

So Far So Good :)

This is my first house I am building with JG king. The construction has just started.

The experience has been good so far. My customer sales and service representatives were quite responsive, friendly and helpful throughout.

The process has been smooth so far. The land title got delayed (but no fault of JG King). I was kept up to date regarding the progress of my design, permits, etc...

Hoping for the build process to remain pleasant as well...

Construction End DateSep 2019
Hi Nik, Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you had a great experience with our Sales and Admin team. We hope the construction process will be just as good. All the best. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Customer is not a priority.

This builder is a joke. It was great at the start until I signed the contract and then it went downhill from there. After rude and threatening site supervisors, they failed to comply with contract terms when I asked for a home variation after they stuffed up. Basically they forgot to put brick infills above my garage in my contract. I reviewed the contract and noticed it hadn’t been transferred over, after being provided in my new homes quote. After reviewing my contract, I pointed them to Section 12.2 whereby it states -

If the builder reasonabley believes that the variation requested in writing by the owner:

- will not require an amendment to any permit; AND
- will not cause any delay in reaching completion; AND
- will not add any more than 2% to the original contract price

THEN

The builder, although not obliged to, may at its discretion carry out the variation.

I provided a good case in that I met all the criteria, and they said due to company policy they would be denying my request.
As someone that works in customer service, this service is disgraceful. How can it be in the contract, but not in the company policy AND it was there fault in the first place.
You’d think that they would go consider this request as I met all the criteria, they would still be getting the inflated price of $1000 and of course, it was there fault to begin with. They pushed through the contract, and due to the pressure, I missed this 1 item.

I’m astounded at where they hold the customer on there priority scale.
I’m paying them to build the house, and yet they treat me as if there my client. No going above and beyond for the customer. So disappointed. There rude, sarcastic and I genuinely believe they enjoy seeing me hurt over the misery they cause.
Please keep looking if your considerin this builder. They won’t do you any favors or help you out. There a disgrace.

Construction End DateMar 2019
Hi Kristenanne, We are sorry that you haven't had the best experience so far. Could you please PM us your build details and I will get Senior Management to investigate this further and hopefully turn your experience around? Thank you. JG King Homes

Better than the rest!

We built the Hartwell design in the Allure Range. We chose this design based on all the extras included in the price that we would have upgraded to if we built a Alpha range anyway.

We handed over in May 2018.

Build time was approx. 8-9 months (this was through Christmas and Easter).
Initial sales process was exciting but deflated quickly with empty promises and high hopes. Please ensure you have all of the communications with your sales consultant in writing for proof later down the track to avoid disappointment.

Admin process initially was a little slow at the beginning. Tender signing and contract signing was very professional.

Once land titled and our file was handed over to construction, this is when it became exciting. Our initial site supervisor was awesome. He contacted us at least once a week with updates and he was super friendly. We were given a new site supervisor about half way through our build - this was no problem as he was excellent and very knowledgeable within his trade. He also kept in communication frequently.

The admin team and our construction manager were absolutely perfect. Emails and phone calls were returned very promptly and we were informed with updates sometimes twice a week! It was great. Our construction manager made regular visits to our home to ensure was all running smoothly - this made us feel comfortable knowing someone was watching over the build.

Once we handed over and we moved in, we had a list of maintenance issues to resolve. Some major, some minor. The maintenance admin team were nothing short of amazing also. Most of our issues were solved within weeks of moving in and nothing was denied.

After living in the house for 6+ months, we are absolutely ecstatic with our build. The quality of the home is next to none and since all maintenance issues have been resolved, we are over the moon.

A special thanks to the construction team - you guys made it all worth while.

Thank you JG King for a rollercoaster of an experience, all worth it in the end!

Construction End DateMay 2018
Hi Sam, Thank you for your feedback. Although there were a few issues along the way, we are glad that it was resolved in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience throughout this process and hope you create a lifetime of memories in your new home. Kind regards, JG King Homes

Its been a pleasure

Timeline Marque 1a Alpha Range with Bliss front

April 24 2018, Made the decision to build with JG King after comparing JG King and two other builders.
Spent until mid June planning the house with Salesperson [name removed], who was so accommodating,
patient and understanding. Guiding me through the process.

July 31 2018 Colours appointment
[name removed] the colour coordinator made this a breeze, It was a pleasure to work with her.

Sept 26 2018 Signed contracts with [name removed] from the Bendigo office

Oct 31 2018 Building Permit Approved

Nov 9 2018 Ground broken

We are at lock up stage now, I can only commend [name removed] in the office and [name removed] our site supervisor for an excellent journey so far. All the staff are a credit to JG King.

Construction End DateApr 2019
Hi Rogerson, Thank you for choosing to build with JG King Homes and sharing your feedback. We are thrilled to read that the Bendigo team are providing you with good customer service and guiding you through it all. All the best for the rest of the journey! Kind regards, JG King Homes

Sales Team and Construction (SLAB, FRAME and LOCK UP) feedback.

The sales team at JG KIng has been excellent. I was new to Australia and a first home buyer I had no knowledge about buying a land. The developer was trying to sell me a lot saying it was a nice spot etc... when I met the JG sales guy he had complete knowledge about the lots in my estate. He explained me the challenges i would face to build a house on that lot. He recommended me another lot for the same price. I ended up buying that lot.

31/08/2018 Land Titled
24/10/2018 Building construction started. (Note. Building permits took some time due to easement)
10/31/2018 Underground power completed
12/21/2018 Xmas Break Starts
1/07/2019 Xmas Break Ends
1/11/2019 Roof completed
1/16/2019 Doors & Windows completed
1/18/2019 Insulation and plaster in progress.........

JG King is building 5 houses in phase 30 of my estate so I got a chance to meet the bricky at the site last week. He showed me some of the house he completed. His work was very neat and perfect.
So far my experience with JG King has been good. I am expecting my house to complete by May this year. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

Construction End DateJun 2019
Hi Naz, Thank you for your thorough feedback. We are glad that our sales team helped you choose the right block and design to suit your needs. It is also good to see that the build is moving along well and that you're happy with the current progress. All the best for the remainder of your build. Kind regards, JG King Homes

How can this site be taken seriously when jg king blatantly hand out incentives for a good rating and these silly people will regret it because this company is the worst house builder I've ever dealt with?
How can your review be taken serously when every review you write is complaining.Who's review?:)

Has anyone just built in Shepparton that could tell me how they got on? Especially regarding quality and communication and timelines?
A nightmare that has continued and poor work etcThanks so much for your reply. Would you care elaborating? or texting me privately? We love one of their floor plans but are scared off by the reviews... Would love to hear a bit of detail about your experience. Thanks againTake your plan to another builder for modification

Most of the recent 5 star ratings are Pre build experience. I haven't seen any 5 star rating for Build and post build experience. People who have already completed the build phase can you please share your feedback?
I’m glad you can see through “hype” of prebuild/ only few months in review. JG king recently offered coles vouchers for people to write a review on this website within a limited time frame to receive the voucher obviously trying desperately to get review numbers up.. Needless to say a bunch of new reviews are on here with no real substance, I hope those people come back and leave a review after there build is completed, thus really letting people know how things went because it’s all fun and exciting at the start, but can go sour and make you have major regrets and major stress building with them like I do. It’s from my personal experience I wouldn’t build with JG King ever again, I don’t wish to go into detail (too many issues to list) however From my experience with any builder you choose, hire an independent building inspector to do slab, frame, pre plaster, fix out and final stage inspections, make sure you get everything discussed pre contract in writing, keep a copy of the colour appointments, keep a diary, don’t be pressured into signing the contract when they say it’s ready to come on down and sign it, for example some prices you talked about or may have signed tender variations may have changed in the final contract without you noticing because they can pressure you into sign on the spot, I suggest to take it home to read the final copy 3 times over and also take it to a lawyer, they will pick up such things like if the build goes over x amount of weeks, builder will have to start paying liquidated damages which the builder will put say only $200 per week down, where as in a real world situation you could be paying $400 per week in rent and you will be out of pocket from the builders incompetence to finish the build on time. I hope this helps.These people being duped into giving positive reviews is a joke as they won't be positive once the works starts trust me it's a nightmare.Agree just trying to improve there ratings on productreview. Be careful with the builder.

Similar listings