Absolute game changer, ever since I’ve been cooking my meat tray winnings from the local footy club my evenings out on the bbq have improved my quality of life. Nothing more enjoyable then a jumbuck feed and cooking for the wife in my west coast singlet! Up the Eagles
Purchased in May 2019 for $130.00.
Uneven heat distribution. Main problem is that the burners disintegrate after only one summer, and it's impossible to find replacements. Bought from Bunnings but they dont have replacement burners. Wont buy another jumbuck.
Purchased for $299.00.
Good to cook on - quick to heat up
Very happy with the BBQ.
HOWEVER the front of the unit gets hot enough to cook on. Very dangerous design flaw as young ones could be seriuosly burnt if touching this area.
Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $359.00.
Panels were damaged out of the box.
Two burners won’t stay lit and have yellow unstable flames . Side burner igniter does light burner.
How do these burners get AGA approval
Haven’t cooked anything on it yet
Purchased in December 2020.
Pity about the rust.
Good bbq for the money but after 8 months with it under a patio roof it is already showing many rust spots.
If you are okay with a cooker for a couple.of years at a cheap price, then this is the unit to buy.
If you do not have a.practical bent then assembly could be a challenge
Purchased in February 2020.
Great for the price if you can cope with some basic assembly.
It seems clear that the earlier versions of this bbq had issues? I bought mine a couple of months ago (December 2019). All bolts were there, assembly was quite easy. Piezo ignition works well, and both the open flame section as well as the hot plate cook well. I always use the heatproof black plastic underlay on the hot plate. Brilliant. (Get them separately). Absolutely great for the price - beats paying $1000 or more for the glorified church altar versions that seem to be the current fashion!
Purchased in December 2019.
- Stardom BBQ 4 Burner
Great First BBQ
This is the first BBQ I've personally owned, but I have used probably a few dozen in my lifetime, so I am in no means an expert but for personal use and for entertaining guests, this BBQ is perfect for practically everything I've needed.
- Plenty of cooking space, it is 4 burner after all...
- Side burner is an added bonus for anything extra, otherwise have it flipped down for valuable bench space
- Plenty of bench space either side of the BBQ to put stuff
- Good storage space underneath (with magnetized doors so they don't blow open)
- On whe...
Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for $298.00.
- Stardom BBQ 4 Burner
Takes a bit of practice
This Barby is easy to light and has a thermometer so you don't overheat things, but it is pretty hot and takes a while to work out how to moderate the heat by turning 1 or 2 jets off.
Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $298.00.
Do not waste your money
I was happy only for the first 12 months. Flame tames went first - rusted and disintegrated. No parts were available to replace. I had to purchase a different brand of parts and used an angle grinder to cut to size. The burners disintegrated next, they lasted 3.5 years. I tried to find parts without success. Standard burners are 400-410mm, these Jumback ones are 370mm. Unable to use anything else due to this size difference. So after 4 years I have a perfect looking BBQ, which is a throwaway because it is impossible to get replacement parts for Jumback BBQs.
Purchased in March 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse.
- Stardom BBQ 4 Burner
My First BBQ and best I have cooked on so far
First of all let me clarify a few things to help you guys out.
1. I am not a bbq professional or even a professional cook so don't take my reviews as any expert advice. it is just my experiences that i would like to share.
2. Some have complained about missing screws ect... when you opened the box. well mine came with a sealed pack which had all the screws, washers including a screw driver all sealed up so tightly that you need to spend 10mins just opening it. This could be Jumbuck's new way of ensuring every bbq has all the tools required?...Thanks to all your reviews? 3. Just like others have mentioned, there is no sticker on the hood or anywhere that effects the look of the bbq. Now for my review. The box is very heavy. 40kgs so unless your a huge massive guy holding many heavy weight titles, i would suggest you tag a friend along with you. Anyway, i finally got it into the garage and started the assembly process. First thing i did was make sure i had everything. So box after box. I literally had to take everything apart to ensure all parts were there which was a bit annoying but i am not complaining. Just happy all parts were there. Assembling: Was very easy to assemble. Well for me anyway but then again i am an Engineer by trade so i find these sort of things pretty easy. Also i just want to mention. There is only 2x types of screws you have to use for the entire assembly which again makes it even easier to assemble.
Best BBQ I’ve ever had
I’ve used it to cook all kinds of meat, fish and veggies with great results every time. All of the bits are easy to remove and clean and the protective cover keeps it looking like new on the outside. I’ve used it on a few wet and windy days and it hasn’t caused an issue. The numerous burners and having a griddle plate as well as the grill gives you lots of flexibility and it’s easy to create a hot area and a cooler area if you need to rotate and keeps things warm. Highly recommend!
- Stardom BBQ 4 Burner
Great BBQ for the price.
Nice BBQ at a good price, was easy to put together and cooks good. Be sure to read the instructions about first use, as there is a protective coating on the plates for transport and you need to burn this off. First few uses everything stuck but now works great! The only negative is that even on the lowest setting food still burns, so I have to turn it past hot and turn knobs close to off position to get the burners down really low for slow burn-free cooking.
This is a replacement for a much loved bar b q that I had for over 20 years
Much more up to date and easier to cook on, I have bar-b-q;d steaks, snags, fish and other seafoof, roasted pork and lamb and used the side burners for keeping vegies and tomatoes warm and ready for the plate
Easy to clean, just wipe down and give a gentle scrub with a bar b q brush a nice cover keeps it free of dust and the cover over the grill lets me cook in both wind and rain
Very good BBQ
I bought this four burner BBQ two month before. I am pretty happy with this.
It cooks very fast and light weight i can carry anyone in my backyard.
Burner quality is also very good.
I recommend to all of my friends to buy this items without any doubt.
Given years of solid serbice
I was more excited than makes sense getting this - not sure why - anyway its years later and its put in many years of soldi service. I just cleaned the garage out and pulled it out to clean down for the new season. It still works beautifully although a little battle worn. It just cooks the most delicious steaks. The temperature it achieve is perfect
Questions & Answers
Get an answer from our members
|Cooking Plate / Grill Material||Stainless Steel|
|Features||Grill, Hooded, On Wheels, Rotisserie Compatible, Storage Cabinet, Temperature Gauge, Warming Rack and Wok / Side Burner|
|Dimensions||1170 x 536 x 1541 mm|
|Gas Type||LPG and Natural Gas (conversion kit)|
|Number of Burners/Zones||4|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year(s)|
|Colour / Finish||Black and Stainless Steel|
- MPN: HS-884502
Other Gas BBQs
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.