Kia Rio UB

• Features
niloc79

niloc79South Australia

Becoming annoying

Purchased in January 2019 at Mazda for $15,000.00.

Worst Car ever!

in 4 years and just 35000km was replaced steering rack, steering Coolum, steering motor, steering wheel, battery, suspension for the trunk, dash board was loose 3 times, ODO replaced.
Just to note I bought the SI so a very expensive version. Please do not Buy Kia!

Purchased in November 2015.

Johnny

JohnnyHobart

Good little car minor problems but good

I bought this to save some money on petrol... think it was about 17k we had it almost 4 years and it was always serviced on time alway cleaned and polished... it was kept absolutely mint....
decided to sell it and get a bigger car (not Kia) one yard didn’t even want it as a trade on a 40k car... so while they are a good little car there is NO resale value for them, same year Corolla holds it value far better...

BadgeSLi
Date PurchasedNov 2014

free soul

free soulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Would be nice if it didn't conk out from time to time

I like the Rio, it is light on fuel, drives smoothly etc.
The only problem with mine is that sometimes stop dead, engine conks out and refuses to restart for 10 or more
minutes. It would be OK if it was a simple as taking it to the mechanic and getting them to read the engine diagnostics, but no, no engine light, no diagnostics. So it's just a matter of replace this, replace that. Is it the fuel pump, is it the immobiliser, is it the crank shaft sensor? Who knows, but spend lots of money getting the mechanic to change each and everything it might be.
So yeah, good car, but not happy with the lack of diagnostics for what is clearly a significant issue.

BadgeEX

Date PurchasedJan 2013
Rose

RoseGeelong

Great little Car

The Kia Rio is a great little car! I use my to drive to and from work and run errands around town, it’s such a smooth drive and really enjoyable to drive. I use my car every day and only have to fill my tank fortnightly! If you’re looking for a cheap car to fill this is the car for you. Only needs servicing every 10,000ks and never have I experienced any issues

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fantastic car at a great price - no hesitation to recommend

Purchased in May 2014 at Kia Dealers for $17,400.00.

Cicco70

Cicco70Perth, WA

Just Amazing Little Car

I have owned this car since new April 2012 1.4l with now 110000Km ODO
6 speed manual and still in perfect showroom conditions
Serviced as per manual every 15000km by my own mechanic ( never been to my local KIA dealer)

Never had any issues, fuel consumption is still unbelievable , still drives and feels like a new car, no rattles or strange noises yet
The ONLY 2 cons for me
1) I shouldn't gone for the 1.6 litre motor for the extra horse power with car loaded with the 4 of us and the AC on need to squeeze it to the metal and even then I am impressed what it can still achieve
2) the sound system is RUBBISH
Apart this I would buy another with no doubt in my mind

BadgeUB 12
Date PurchasedApr 2012
Androo

AndrooMelbourne

RIO SLS Cute and grows on you.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Steve in Beeliar

Steve in BeeliarPerth, WA

Awesome little beast

Bought this as a first car for my wife to learn to drive. Went for a 2015 auto 5 door so there will be room for the kids and all their gear. First thing I will change is to upgrade the speakers and add an amplifier to the sound system. Otherwise, it is a punchy little car... however I think cruise control should be a standard feature on all automatics now

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Berber

BerberSydney

A great little beast

I thought such a small car will not get me around comfortably, but I was surprised that when you are in it, it is a beautiful and spacious little car. I carry 4 large people and myself and go up the coogee to Bondi hill with no issues.
Given the cheap price also, I am happy

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
pat6769

pat6769broughton village

reliable kia

I have owned two kia rios. They are the same running gear as the Hyundai i20. Hyundai is Kia's parent company. The Kia is very reliable and has never let me down. Just keep the servicing up to maintain the 7 year warranty with free roadside assist. I would not hesitate to buy another Kia.

BadgeSE
Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Review collected in partnership with Kia

Best little car

BadgeSLi
Date PurchasedMar 2013
George Kow

George KowGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love my little Kia Rio

After 11 years I finally got to buy a new car. Kia Rio came highly recommended by friend and it didn’t disappoint. The design is focused on making driving easy, the USB outlet is located at the front where I can easily reach it. The drive and handling is good and quiet. The only thing I don’t like is the fuel economy.

BadgeLS
Engine Size1.5L
Date PurchasedApr 2015
Zoe Woodbury

Zoe WoodburyCaboolture

My little Broom Broom

This car has done me so well, for so long. I purchased my car in 2012 and it is over 6 years old now and serving me well. My car is black, the only thing I would have done differently, is get it in a different colour. Black is harder to maintain the cleanliness.

Date PurchasedJan 2012

AmieJK

AmieJKSouth Australia

The best small car around

While my heart said Ford Focus, my head said Kia Rio, and my head won - thank goodness!

With an unbeatable 7 year transferable warranty, this car has the body of a small car, but an engine of one much larger. It has power, great ride stability and is extreme economical to run. It's spacious and easily seats 4 to 5 people, with a roomy boot as well.

So glad I chose this for my new small car, I love it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Abbz

AbbzSouth Australia

Great car!

Great size car, plentiful boot room. Amble room for usbs to connect phones, gps' and other necessary items. The only thing that is a small issue is when you have a car seat fitted you can't remove the boot liner to either access the spare tyre or clean the liner. The car also has ISO-fix (easier way to fit car seats if they are isofix capable). $40 fills the fuel tank!

Date PurchasedAug 2013
Deanne Eryn

Deanne ErynSouthport

LOVE MY LITTLE RIO

I have had mine for just about 2 years and never had a fault with it!!! I love the look of it and it has so much room, i have had the car full of all my friends and they were all still comfortable. Its got a decent kick to it considering its such a small car, and its so cheap to fill up about $40 a week!! The whole car just feels great to drive, is so comfortable and also comes with all the tech gadgets a new car needs

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
peterv52

peterv52Sydney, NSW

Getting expensive to maintain.

I bought mine new in 2012 and have been generally happy with it. However at the four year mark and only 26,000km the front discs and pads were shot and needed replacing. Rear pads were also shot. Not happy but the dealer did offer a free service next time which they honoured. It's in for service today and the front tyres are in need of replacement at 32,000km. The car is used 99% of the time going to the shops etc and the average speed around here is 50 or 60 so very little high speed driving. The tyres are not Kias'fault but the rubbish brake material is. Disappointing in what has been a great little car in other respects.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Ann

Ann

Outstanding Buy

This is a great car. I travel to Melbourne once a month to see my elderly Mother from Adelaide, a eight hour trip and this small car eats up the miles easily with plenty of comfort. I used to drive a Commodore there and when I traded down to my city smaller vehicle thought how will I manage the above but with the hatch laying down flat and loaded up I have been remarkably surprised at economy, comfort and ease at which this car has performed. And magnificent around the city.

BadgeLS