Rob - Beaumaris

Rob - BeaumarisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great build quality in the end; addressed every issue, we love our home

Construction End DateJuly 2018

Bukchewy

BukchewyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

#21Croftershillway

Latitude 37 understood the scope of the style and build type I was after. They worked with me to assist in changes and always offered guidance in achieving the end result.

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Bukchewy, thanks for your positive review confirming that you were very happy with the design and delivery of your fabulous new Latitude 37 custom home. All the best.
Regards,
Doug MacLeod
CEO, Director

We'd highly recommend Latitude

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Quality of build is fantastic

- Project management for the construct was second to none
- Quality of build and materials used is very high
- Issues with planning and design did take too long, but builder recognised their problems and owned them. They were compensated for somewhat
- Some design faults compromised layout of some units, but again alterations were made not at my expense
- I made variations to the units so the cost is inline with the changes made

Overall really happy with using Latitude 37, this was my first development on my own and to be advised along the way was a great help. Need to shout out to Lorne as he efforts will not go unnoticed

Will use them again in the future

Construction End DateMay 2019

RobGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great home, great builders

Construction End DateJune 2018
Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Great build on our two Townhouses

The builds on our two townhouses are great! We've had a couple of minor things that have been rectified quickly & generally we're really happy with the job done by L37

Construction End DateMay 2019

Jane

JaneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Latitude 37 has built us a beautiful home

Lance X.

Lance X.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Latitude 37 has built our dream home!

Construction End DateApril 2019

Still living the dream!

It's been a little while now however we are still living the dream in our Latitude 37 Home. We did shop around to find the right design and builder and were pleasantly surprised at how they understood our block, how to best orientate the design and all around our budget. Yes we spent a little more however it was money well spent for a custom design. The level of finish, the small details that you forget but appreciate they weren't forgotten by the Latitude team. Our site manager was more than happy for us to turn up unannounced to see the progress, guiding us along the way. We don't want to build again as we love our home but if we do i know who to call!

Narelle_Cooper

Narelle_CooperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quality design & quality build - very professional operators

Build StageMid-Construction

Binfan XieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Make sure you check if they are actually installing the same thing as in the contract.

Construction End DateAugust 2018

SShrivas

SShrivasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An excellent build...we are very satisfied

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Fantastic house from a fantastic builder

Mel

MelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy in our new home

We've just finished building with Latitude 37 Homes and we're settling into our brand new home. We did a knockdown and rebuild, and worked with Latitude to design and construct our home.

We found the team to be professional and focussed on getting us the best outcome for our budget.

Like all builds there are highs and lows and many decisions to be made along the way. Like with every investment the team you work with make all the difference. That was the case for us in particular a big shout out to Monica Leah, Matt Rule and Peter O'Toole who were with us on our journey. We got the home we planned and wanted, and all on budget, and even slightly ahead of schedule!

Cole

ColeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our dream home.

Ash

AshMelbourne

Shopped around many builders but glad we locked in with latitude 37

Jeff S

Jeff SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great team of people dedicated to delivering a good product

Lucy H

Lucy HGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The Devil is in the Detail!!

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

New House Build. Professional and efficient building company!

Our Dream beach home is completed!! L37 being specialists in slope builds the build was completed to schedule with minimal delays along the way. The project manager keep us in the loop the whole way and any small changes needed the project manager came up with solutions and alternative products to choose from. From the drafting stage to handover the process was smooth sailing. Highly recommended

Samwasked

I am afraid I am to write again to emphasise my problem with Latitude 37.
2 months since the handover my gutters are still leaking and flyscreen not fixed.
New problem is the part of slab where the heater and water tank standing on is tilting. Instead of the slab sloping away so that water runs away from the house it was built to let water run toward the house. It is the normal Latitude 37 practice?

Dear Doug,
At the second last inspection on 20th May there were over 20 items to be fixed. At the final inspection 10 days ago many of these items were still not fixed. Now I am pressured to do a handover of the house tomorrow.
The site is still full of construction debris. Windows are still dirty. Carpets and floor boards dirty. As a matter of fact the house externally looks like crap.
Items that you charged me for in the contract were not done yet there is no arrangement for refund.
Is this the routine practice of Latitude 37?

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Sam, this will be my final response as I just don't see that it is helpful continuing a dialogue here. Our GM Construction (Liam) will meet you on site with Joe and Steve to resolve any remaining issues so that you can confidently and happily take possession of your new custom home. I understand that Joe arranged this with you today. We're happy to remove any lingering rubble, re-install cable ties to pipe lagging as spacing that suits you, re clean any areas required and so on. Everything in your contract has been or will be provided. This is all very simple stuff, easily attended to and you are speaking to the right people in Liam and Joe to get this finalised. I hope you enjoy your fantastic new Latitude 37 custom home.
Regards,
Doug MacLeod
CEO, Director

Samw

My final response before the inevitable review. I had my real handover. Big thanks to Joe who had gone out of his way to help making my house closer to what a new house should be. Especially when I discovered the revised heating air inlet. Total surprise that to me this may be the only item in my house suggesting it being a better than average house. Thanks Joe.

I have also found an email from Latitude 37 proving what I had been saying all along. It confirmed that the cost of the infamous retaining wall was included in the site cost but Lat 37 refused to build it. The CEO turned down my appeal to have it built. I would think that even though they have reluctantly given me a half-built wall to appease me may be an apology should come forth from the company with rebuilding of the wall and widening of the driveway to follow. Latitude 37 created the whole problem. Somehow I feel that this can only be wishful thinking.

Samwasked

I do not need to wait 18 months to ask these questions.
Why was I not given a project manager when the previous two were cut from my team. Was I not entitled to have a project manager during my project under the contract?
Why is my “new” house to be handed over to me in two days still has debris and soil all over the site, rubbish bins filled with sand and dirt ,dirty stained brick walls, leaking gutters filled with leaves and twigs, windows impregnated with dirt along the edges, wobbly kitchen sink tap, dirty bedroom carpets, gaps between floor boards, chattering front door and water heater with ineffective insulation, unfinished brick wall. Many of these were pointed out repeatedly months before handover and every time Lat 37 would say we will fix them.
Discarded concrete masses and loose bricks were covered up with soil rather than removed from site.
What you wouldn’t fix up in eleven weeks I doubt you could fix up in two days.
This cannot be a newly finished house in a neat condition.
When I asked about the unfinished jobs I was simply told that the house is ready for handover, either I pay up or no handover.
Is this just my bad luck or other people so forgiving that with many hiccups in their build they still give you 5 stars and full of praises for your company.
May I invite you to be present at my handover.

Doug M.Latitude 37 Homes

Samw, Steve (Site Manager) & Joe (Construction Manager) will contact you again and meet on site if need be to again reassure you that any defects will be rectified before handover. There has been no suggestion that you are expected to accept the home until these final minor items are addressed. At that point and once final payment is received, the home will be handed over.

Samw

Debris and soil are still all over the site, rubbish bins filled with sand and dirt ,dirty stained brick walls, leaking gutters filled with leaves and twigs, windows impregnated with dirt along the edges, wobbly kitchen sink tap, dirty bedroom carpets, gaps between floor boards, chattering front door and water heater with ineffective insulation, unfinished brick wall.
These have not changed. Yet I still got an email saying that there is an occupancy certificate. No payment. No handover. There is no reference to the unfinished jobs. I also get a phone call asking why no payment was made. So yes there is an expectation that I would take the home before these small jobs are finished. My invitation for you to go and see my house tomorrow morning still stands. See if that is what you would accept as your new home.
I was told my writings here upset a lot of people. What about me. As your client I was upset for 18 months from signing the contract to now throughout the whole build.

Get an answer from our members and Latitude 37 Homes representatives