Leaptel Broadband

Always great

Leaptel wifi service has been terrific for the 4 months I have had it. Netflix never buffers and I get great coverage everywhere in the house. I have only had to call up once to talk about a billing inquiry because I thought I had setup direct debit. The person I spoke to was very helpful in getting direct debit setup.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Janet, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're so happy with the service and our Australian based support team. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Chris

Ozzie Ozzie ozzie

I've been with Leaptel for the last 12months without too much issue. I have some errors that disconnect my online game play but it hasn't bothered me too much to warrant touching base with tech support (highly likely it's due to me not setting up the ports on my modem) but I digress. The reason for this review is I've recently been looking at NBN plans for my little sister and after trying to find what I thought were nice, cheap plans I decided to call the tech support line (let's be honest, the only time you'll call your internet company is when something has gone awry). So I decided to check each companies tech support line. First company I was on hold to for over 5mins so I hung up. Second company I called I was given an audio notification that I was 46th in line to speak to someone (ain't nobody got time for dat). Third company I called I was told I was 24th in line. I was starting to have my doubts about maybe picking a night where everyone was having issues so I called Leaptel. In less than a minute and a half, not only had I been answered (on ya Jon, 2 thumbs up bud), but I'd also had the time to explain my phone call (and thank him for understanding that I was not actually calling for help but rather to check that they live up to their aim of unrivaled customer support) and hang up. I cannot rate this company high enough.

Start DateJune 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Sean - Thank you for your review. It's great to hear you're experiencing a good service with us. We pride ourselves on being easily accessible, so that if you are having a support issue you can get straight through. I would say the overwhelming majority of the time we have minimal to no waiting times, although very occasionally we do have unexpected call volumes. This is the exception however so like last night, if you call you get straight through. So if you do ever have any issues with your connection that you want our assistance with, please do get in contact as we take great pride in the quality of our support and the minimal wait times. Kind Regards, Chris

Extremely slow internet

I was with Leaptel for nearly 2 year. Download speeds are extremely slow on peak hours and Service drops out at least a few times a day. I thought this was inherent to all opticom services. But recently I changed over to a different service provider. Now I realise how poor Leaptel service was. Only good thing about them is having a local support desk who are willing to help. But can't help you with the extremely slow internet.
They are a greedy vendor who will hares you to get the last $ they can get from you. I was on a monthly plan and disconnected just 1 day into a month. But they are charging me for the month ahead. They are not willing to charge a reasonable amount or actual costs they have incurred as per their own terms and conditions. They demanded the full payment for the month ahead. Although that is not what their terms and conditions state.

Start DateMarch 2017
Adequate Speeds No
Data TypeCapped Data
Dear KO1, Based on your description of your issue I have a strong understanding of your service history with us. So on that basis and your review I think it is fair to outline to anyone reading your review that since July 2017 you lodged one support ticket with us in May 2019. You advised us you were receiving slow speeds and we engaged with you in the troubleshooting process, requesting that you conduct some speedtests with us. These speedtests were not done or provided to us, making it difficult for us to establish what the issue was and engage with you further. If you had engaged with our troubleshooting process we would have been able to resolve the issue, as the plethora of positive reviews below clearly show our customers are getting high speeds. This is why we have a speed guarantee on our network. You advised us recently that you had moved to a new provider and would like to cancel the service. As we provide a post-paid service on a month-to-month term, the outstanding invoice needed to be paid, as we had provided you with a service for that month. You advised you would be leaving us a negative review in response, which you have done and is your right. But it is important that anyone reading this review understands the context in which this review has been left. Regards, Chris

Dead set best provider!!

Refreshing to see an ISP that cares about its customers and service so well. They provide honest assistance, quick activation and just all round winner. Cant go wrong picking Leaptel :)

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Randy - Thank you for your review. I'm very happy to hear you've had such a positive experience with Leaptel. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance. Warm Regards, Chris

This company is amazing!

I placed an order for the 100/40 plan on Wednesday. A service rep called me on Thursday to finalise connection details. Mt modem came in today (friday) and internet is up and running at max speeds. What more can you ask for.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Quirkymonsta - Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're very happy to hear things went so smoothly (as they should) for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can assist you further. Warm Regards, Chris

Leaptel are the best

I have been a customer with Leaptel for the last two years and have found there customer service to be perfect. Their internet speed is as promised , I have never had a drop out with them ( at least not that I have noticed . Dealing with their customer service consultants is very pleasant and prompt action .
They may not be as big as some of the other big players but the big players can learn a lot from Leaptel .

Start DateJuly 2017
Data TypeCapped Data
Thank you for taking the time to review us Markus B. We're very happy to hear you're having such a positive experience with Leaptel.

Excellent speeds and service

I am super happy to have Leaptel as my internet provider for the last two years. We have NBN fibre to the node at our premises and were expecting the worst but with Leaptel we've always received good speeds and when the underlying NBN technology has had issues Leaptel has been great to deal with. The one time it went offline for a prolonged period, we contacted Leaptel (no wait time on the phone), they advised an NBN technician would need to come out. Received an SMS advising a technician from NBN would attend the next day in the afternoon. Technician came out from NBN, arrived on time, and had us back online after redoing some wiring in the street. Leaptel then followed up to ensure everything was going well. That sort of dedication and attention to detail is hard to find these days, particularly in telecommunications and more than justify's their claims of being a different sort of provider.

Start DateApril 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Okke - Thanks for leaving your review and we appreciate your continued support. If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to let us know. Warm Regards, Chris

John provided the best customer service

Opticomm is absolutely terrible, if there is a way to avoid the set up I would. John from Leaptel helped so much and was patient during all the phone calls!

Data TypeCapped Data
Hi Keely, We're glad to hear Jon from Leaptel was able to help you so ably. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Christopher

The customer service is excellent

We have fairly consistent and reliable service, the speeds are generally pretty good, still get the occasional short drop out but that's usually a switch the modem off and on again fix. The rare times I have had to speak to the call centre have been easy and painless.

Start DateMay 2017
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review ebonflow. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us about your dropouts as our support team will be more than happy to investigate them for you. Warm Regards, ChrisHaha funny you mention it, there was a short drop out yesterday! But it was just before I was heading out for a short time and it was back on when I got home so didn't need to call.

If I could star them more than 5 stars I would!!!

I signed up on a Thursday if I remember correctly and they called me up the next day. Confirming about my application that they will go through with it. 2 days later I got my internet up and running.

Although we didn’t have the right router (their support made us realize can’t use our old router so we ordered one, we got them 2 days after) everything has been so smooth, speed always consistent 25/5 sometimes we get more 28/7 but can’t complain with that!!

Another issue occurred which their support helped me a lot. Then turns out it was Opticomm’s fault and technician happens to be in the area the next day(how lucky!) they quickly fix it and viola internet and tv back on again.

I am so glad I found this company they respect the customer and support them on the best of their knowledge.

I recommend it to everyone having hard time to deal with crappy ISP.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi PreK07 - Thank you for taking the time to review us. We really appreciate your kind words and we're glad you've received such great service and support. Please don't hesitate to contact us again if w can assist you further.

Excellent company

Leaptel were very helpful in providing NBN, the connection was constant and speeds were between 36 and 46 Mbps.
Issues we encountered with the they were very helpful in resolving, i would have no problems is recommending Leaptel to anyone who are looking for strong reliable internet.

Start DateOctober 2018

Awesome customer support/service.

Moved into a older house after 2 years of being with leaptel. The supportthey gave was awesome. Chris went above and beyond helping. Very helpful and patient. Explained things in a very easy manner to understand.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Go with Leaptel - outstanding customer service

With several LBN Co providers, I went with Leaptel with its good reviews. I'm so glad I did. The setup has been seamless and support team was always there. Recently our building had a fault that resulted to an outage in service. Contacted Leaptel through their chat, and they took care of contacting LBN. I got multiple updates by text the following morning from LBN's arrival at our building, the cause of the issue and up to its resolution. I didn't have to follow up at all. This is where they excel. Happy with LBN speeds and service so far as well. Don't hesitate, sign up with them.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Hi Cherry - Thank you for taking the time to review us and leave us such positive feedback. We're so glad our team was able to keep you so well informed about the status of your fault and that LBNCo was able to resolve the issue affecting you so quickly. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if we can assist you further.

Thank you leaptel finally back to a top ISP!!!!!

Very reliable and no drop outs

Moved from southern phone due to issues and the best choice it was
Pay a premium but you get what you pay for
Fast support and helpful support no wait times
Ported fast and online connected within just 3 business days, puts southern phone to shame
Why didn't i connect faster!!!

Start DateDecember 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Hi David, Glad to hear you've had a successful move to us and are enjoying the service. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with us if we can assist you further.

Poor customer support, not accepting responsibility, looks for any reason to blame customer (ie own router).

Did not take up router offer as it does not meet performance specs I required. Bought high end d-link router for $250. Worked perfectly until 2nd day (super slow speed), when I had to call leaptel and resolved issue via power cycle. Couple days later same thing. Router being blamed again. Took router to shop, tested as fine. Refused refund or exchange. What do I do here, leaptel says their service is fine. Plenty of commentary about dropouts on the net...I asked for data on any potential dropouts during the day that may cause this. Request ignored and got a response saying that as I cannot verify router integrity and apparently said no to a tech coming out, that the case will be closed. Talk about no care attitude... changing providers. Thank goodness I didn’t get sucked into a 12month contract.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Ibot - I'm sorry you've had a bad experience, but Leaptel went to significant effort to determine if any fault could be found on our side or on the LBNCo network that would explain your issue. However no fault was found with this, and as the connection speed was restored on each occasion you power cycled the router and that remote testing shows no issues with Leaptel or LBNCo's network this makes it likely that the issue is with the router. Leaptel also checked other connections in your building and we had no other reports of issues similar to what you described. We also provided you with dropout logs via email and instructions on how to login to our portal to view the logs yourself. A check of your connection now shows that the service has been online since 8 February without losing connection. In our last correspondence with you we asked if you were still experiencing this issue as we noted you had stopped power cycling your connection. An LBNCo technician was an option but as no remote fault was being shown, and the issue was resolved with a power cycle of the router that you purchased independently, we did not recommend this option because of the incorrect callout fee that would apply if no fault was found by LBNCo. If you're still experiencing this issue then we can have an LBNCo technician come out and test the LBNCo box directly.

Poor speed on Opticomm Network and frequent Dropouts

I signed up with Leaptel 5 months ago and last 3 months is extremely worst. My plan is 50 Mbps speed and unlimited data. The speed I actually get is no way near to 2 to 3 Mbps. I was asked to do a speed test and it was showing over 30 Mbps. However when I access websites (Standard Video Resolution) the speed somehow changes to 2 - 3 Mbps. If you are running multiple devices then good luck. One of the worst Telco's I have experienced. So far I made over few complaints and have been asked to send screen shots of speed test. I will send them if they really want to investigate. But I have just signed up with another provider.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Kash, We're sorry to hear you're having speed issues. We have plenty of spare capacity on Opticomm networks in all states. The reason we ask to be provided with the screenshots of your speedtests is so that we can then lodge a fault with Opticomm to get them to investigate your service. This is the appropriate troubleshooting step to take when we rule out everything on our side. If you would please send me your account name I will look further into your service history and see if we can assist you further.

Poor Service

Recommended by a neighbour, had to chase them from day 1 for service. Once connected had no issues until I moved- again had to chase and chase. Never call you back, never responded to online initial sign up or change of address form. Still waiting for internet at new address that I was assured would be all connected by 10/12/18 - still no answers, apparently booked NBN technician who never turned up and, still waiting! Advise to give this mob a wide berth

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Disgrunted Customer - I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had. I have sent you a private message seeking additional information to get the issues you've had resolved. I look forward to hearing from you so we can sort this out for you. - Chris (Leaptel support)

Good service

Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel. Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tan, thanks for taking the time to review our internet services. We're always looking to improve our service so please let us know if you have any further feedback.

Crazy Fast Opticomm Internet Speeds

Signed up on Leaptel NBN100/40 Unlimited and it is super-quick. Getting speeds of 80MBps over wifi on a cheap modem. Who knows how fast the service can be over cable and on a good modem. Very impressed so far. Setup was very easy and connection + modem was serviced the very next business day. Highly recommend this ISP

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Cisco, thanks for your positive review and recommendation and our services. While we work really hard to deliver the high speed internet you received, we're always looking for feedback on how we can improve further so please let us know.Only thing I can recommend is a self-service system where we can manage bill payments, direct debit, monitor usage, etc. I'm sure that will be available in the not-too-distance future.Hi Cisco - This information is actually already available through our portal. If you check your welcome email you should have information on how to access this. If you need the email resent please get in touch with our support team and they can resend the welcome email.

Excellent Customer Support

FTTN LNBCo connection
Setup process was relatively quick for a new connection, got the modem straight away.
Experienced no dropouts so far and have had a consistent speed
Customer support was outstanding via email and over the phone. Support was very helpful in following up with LBNco about my activation and I managed to get all my questions answered.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Arrico, we're very glad to hear about your positive experience and that the support team was so helpful during the activation process. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know.