Always great

Leaptel wifi service has been terrific for the 4 months I have had it. Netflix never buffers and I get great coverage everywhere in the house. I have only had to call up once to talk about a billing inquiry because I thought I had setup direct debit. The person I spoke to was very helpful in getting direct debit setup.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeI don't know
Hi Janet, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear you're so happy with the service and our Australian based support team. Please let us know if we can assist you further. Kind Regards, Chris

Excellent speeds and service

I am super happy to have Leaptel as my internet provider for the last two years. We have NBN fibre to the node at our premises and were expecting the worst but with Leaptel we've always received good speeds and when the underlying NBN technology has had issues Leaptel has been great to deal with. The one time it went offline for a prolonged period, we contacted Leaptel (no wait time on the phone), they advised an NBN technician would need to come out. Received an SMS advising a technician from NBN would attend the next day in the afternoon. Technician came out from NBN, arrived on time, and had us back online after redoing some wiring in the street. Leaptel then followed up to ensure everything was going well. That sort of dedication and attention to detail is hard to find these days, particularly in telecommunications and more than justify's their claims of being a different sort of provider.

Start DateApril 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Okke - Thanks for leaving your review and we appreciate your continued support. If we can assist you further please don't hesitate to let us know. Warm Regards, Chris

The customer service is excellent

We have fairly consistent and reliable service, the speeds are generally pretty good, still get the occasional short drop out but that's usually a switch the modem off and on again fix. The rare times I have had to speak to the call centre have been easy and painless.

Start DateMay 2017
Contract Type24-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review ebonflow. We appreciate your positive feedback. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us about your dropouts as our support team will be more than happy to investigate them for you. Warm Regards, ChrisHaha funny you mention it, there was a short drop out yesterday! But it was just before I was heading out for a short time and it was back on when I got home so didn't need to call.

Excellent company

Leaptel were very helpful in providing NBN, the connection was constant and speeds were between 36 and 46 Mbps.
Issues we encountered with the they were very helpful in resolving, i would have no problems is recommending Leaptel to anyone who are looking for strong reliable internet.

Start DateOctober 2018

Awesome customer support/service.

Moved into a older house after 2 years of being with leaptel. The supportthey gave was awesome. Chris went above and beyond helping. Very helpful and patient. Explained things in a very easy manner to understand.

Start DateFebruary 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Poor speed on Opticomm Network and frequent Dropouts

I signed up with Leaptel 5 months ago and last 3 months is extremely worst. My plan is 50 Mbps speed and unlimited data. The speed I actually get is no way near to 2 to 3 Mbps. I was asked to do a speed test and it was showing over 30 Mbps. However when I access websites (Standard Video Resolution) the speed somehow changes to 2 - 3 Mbps. If you are running multiple devices then good luck. One of the worst Telco's I have experienced. So far I made over few complaints and have been asked to send screen shots of speed test. I will send them if they really want to investigate. But I have just signed up with another provider.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Dear Kash, We're sorry to hear you're having speed issues. We have plenty of spare capacity on Opticomm networks in all states. The reason we ask to be provided with the screenshots of your speedtests is so that we can then lodge a fault with Opticomm to get them to investigate your service. This is the appropriate troubleshooting step to take when we rule out everything on our side. If you would please send me your account name I will look further into your service history and see if we can assist you further.

Poor Service

Recommended by a neighbour, had to chase them from day 1 for service. Once connected had no issues until I moved- again had to chase and chase. Never call you back, never responded to online initial sign up or change of address form. Still waiting for internet at new address that I was assured would be all connected by 10/12/18 - still no answers, apparently booked NBN technician who never turned up and, still waiting! Advise to give this mob a wide berth

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Dear Disgrunted Customer - I'm very sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had. I have sent you a private message seeking additional information to get the issues you've had resolved. I look forward to hearing from you so we can sort this out for you. - Chris (Leaptel support)

Good service

Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel. Never had internet this good, very happy with the service from Leaptel

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Tan, thanks for taking the time to review our internet services. We're always looking to improve our service so please let us know if you have any further feedback.

Crazy Fast Opticomm Internet Speeds

Signed up on Leaptel NBN100/40 Unlimited and it is super-quick. Getting speeds of 80MBps over wifi on a cheap modem. Who knows how fast the service can be over cable and on a good modem. Very impressed so far. Setup was very easy and connection + modem was serviced the very next business day. Highly recommend this ISP

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Cisco, thanks for your positive review and recommendation and our services. While we work really hard to deliver the high speed internet you received, we're always looking for feedback on how we can improve further so please let us know.Only thing I can recommend is a self-service system where we can manage bill payments, direct debit, monitor usage, etc. I'm sure that will be available in the not-too-distance future.Hi Cisco - This information is actually already available through our portal. If you check your welcome email you should have information on how to access this. If you need the email resent please get in touch with our support team and they can resend the welcome email.

Excellent Customer Support

FTTN LNBCo connection
Setup process was relatively quick for a new connection, got the modem straight away.
Experienced no dropouts so far and have had a consistent speed
Customer support was outstanding via email and over the phone. Support was very helpful in following up with LBNco about my activation and I managed to get all my questions answered.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Arrico, we're very glad to hear about your positive experience and that the support team was so helpful during the activation process. If you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to let us know.

Pretty Happy with the service- no major issues- good support

NBN
Quick set up
Good connection- some drop outs, but not many compared to other companies.
Good customer support. Fairly good pricing.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)
Hi Sam - Thank you for your review. If we're not already assisting you with your dropouts please get in touch with our support team so we can determine if there is a fault with your service and get this resolved for you.Thanks will do- haven’t had any issues for a while now .

Flawless service.

I've had long contracts with several service providers over the years and it's nice to finally be with one that takes the service part of their industry seriously.

The connection was live well within the quoted period, and has been bulletproof ever since. I'm reaching my plans speed limits (100/40) easily %95 of the time.

Any queries I had have been answered in an extremely timely fashion by local staff, whether I submit them via email or call them direct.

I have, and will continue to, recommend Leaptel to all my friends and relatives, along with anyone else who will listen.

Connection TypeNBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Thank you for your review Blake. We really appreciate your support and recommendation. Please let us know if there's any further ways we can assist you.

Unbelievable!

I just signed for NBN FTTP with Leaptel, at first I was a fairly dubious because I had never heard of the company before moving to an estate that was NBN ready, upon doing my research for a reliable ISP that was Opticomm approved I found Leaptel. I searched for reviews of this company on the Whirlpool Forum and also Product Review, the reviews on both sites were very favourable so it made my choice a bit easier.

I joined Leaptel on Thursday 31-05-2018 and could not be any happier, my NBN speed is:
Ping 4 ms
Download 91.1 Mbps
Upload 38.6 Mbps
using their 100 Mbps/40 Mbps Unlimited Plan, I have yet complete my 1st week with Leaptel but it looks as though we will be friends for a long time at this current rate.

Leaptel's call centre is unbelievable and reminds me very much of the old Internode call centre when Internode was being run by Simon Hackett, sigh, those were the days. :) :)

Anybody looking for a good NBN ISP with excellent service and call centre should look no further than Leaptel IMO.

Connection TypeNBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Hi Subyroo - Thanks for your review and positive feedback. It sounds like you're having a great experience but please do let us know if we can assist you further.It has now been 3 weeks since signing up with Leaptel and not one single drop out or slow down in delivery. Currently - Ping 5ms, Download Mbps 97.20, Upload Mbps 39.45 via the Internode server. Add to that exceptional Call Centre Support and I'm as happy as a pig in mud, who wouldn't be. :) :)Update: It is now almost 8 months since I signed up with Leaptel, I am yet to have a connection drop out or a slow down in speed. The only problem I did have initially after adding a VOIP connection to my plan was that the phone would drop out at precisely 29.30 mins. An online Chat via the website and the problem was solved, never to be seen again Thanks Leaptel, you are a fantastic ISP.

About the only Internet Connection with decent customer service

I switched to Leaptel after horrible experiences with just about every other ISP. I tried Optus, Telstra, Internode, Iprimus, and more. While I sometimes need to reboot my NBN box, the speeds have been pretty close to what they advertise.

Their customer service is also way more attentive and personalized then their competitors. While things could always be better, these guys are in my opinion the best that we are going to get in Australia.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Would rate 10 stars - amazing service!

I moved to a new house with Opticomm connection. Iniattly subscribed with another provider who said I would have internet within a week. Failed ti say that my router would be coming from Sydney to Perth on a truck and it would take 8 days. Courier is probably the worst in Australia and after 2 weks my router was still nowhere to be found. Could not wait any longer so I canceled their service and went with Leaptel. Stellar customer service since first contact. Less than 2 hours after subscribing their service, my router was on the way and arrived in less that 24 hours. It was just a matter of following the simple and clear instructions and my internet (fiber) was connected. So far so good, stable and no drop outs so couldnt be any happier.

Connection TypeNBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

The s is perfect

I Joined Leaptel from another provider and I say that leaptel is so far better than my old provider I recommend Leaptel