LG GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

LG GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)

MPNs: GB-450UPLX and GB450UPLX

Perfect fridge for 2

Perfect size for my tiny apartment and it provides just enough food storage for 2. It has 4.5 energy rating so it is highly energy efficient with just 299 kwh per year. I like its metallic platinum look that fits the theme in my kitchen

Purchased in February 2019 at Bing Lee Physical store for $1,200.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

OK, doesn't filter out smells

Fridge is OK, if a bit small in the fridge section, but the thing that really irks me is that it doesn't filter out smells like my previous cheap and really old fridge did.
So put some spagbol w/ garlic covered in it, and the next day the whole fridge smells of it. Why doesn't it have a deoderizer like my 10yo Samsung does?
Doesn't even have to be anything particularly smelly, the fridge seems to amplify all smells.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $1,049.00.

Great fridge well deisgned

Maintains consistent & reliable temperature in all departments
Like all platinum fridges shows finger marks
Door please to open and shut
The interior of the fridge feels vast compared with similar sized fridges
LED lighting system very good

Purchased in November 2018 at Appliances Direct Online for $1,123.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)

Great buy for modern apartment

As we moved into a new apartment, there is not very wide place to put double door fridge so this beast become one of the best candidates. Why? Big inside!!! By comparing to other brands in the market at this size this is the biggest inside. The price also in the middle. Sometimes it may make some noticable noise but best side I would say it is perfert for apartment use.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,231.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Good fridge/freezer and good value

We bought this fridge to replace an old top mounted fridge. We were finding it hard to get at the bottom of the fridge so we went for a bottom mount. We opted for the LG because we liked the interior layout and the clean, straight facade.
A wise choice to go for the bottom mount because it has made getting things out of the fridge much easier.
The draws run smoothly and the draw at the bottom of the fridge keeps the vegies moist but not soggy.
It does what it designed to do very well and it does it quietly. Although it is early days yet, we are happy with our purchase.

Purchased in February 2019 at Appliances Online.

Noisy, compressor runs 60-80% of the time

This fridge works well, however the compressor runs frequently and for long periods (often 40-60 minutes straight and never goes off for more than 15-20 minutes at a time). It has a high frequency hum that can be heard from almost every part of our home. I do not recommended this fridge, particularly if you are sensitive to noise or if you have an open plan living room.

Purchased in September 2018.

Almost perfect

Great fridge with only a few minor complaints.

1. The freezer door sticks out more than the fridge door and look a bit odd.

2. The doors don't sit level.

3. Can make a higher pitched noise at times but it isn't very loud and doesn't last for very long.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys.

Great product!

I am extremely happy with our new fridge! It is easily able to be adjusted and has easy to use settings for the thermostat. I find it fantastic to use and love the fact that the fridge is on top. It also has a built in ice tray.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,049.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 3 person(s)

Good product till it stops working

I bought this fridge less than 12 months ago and it served us well till a week back. The fridge and freezer stopped cooling. I spoke to LG Customer Service and they arranged for service visit 2 days later. In 15 mins, technician confirmed that compressor isn't working. Since then I have been coordinating with LG Customer Service to replace the fridge. It is less than 12 months old and very much under manufacturers warranty. Instead of keeping us informed on the progress, I had to keep following up with them almost every day to know whats happening. After numerous calls, they finally said that they will replace the compressor but not the fridge as it is repairable. Repair is scheduled for 5 days later. What I fail to understand is, if the spare part is with them and the issue is serious, then why should they take 5 days on top of 7 days (since I lodged the issue) to replace? Without a fridge at home, it is difficult to manage and have to keep feeding my kids from outside. but they just wouldn't understand and really don't care.
On the other hand, Harvey Norman has been helpful by saying that if there is a reference letter from LG to replace the product, they can deliver the next day itself. But LG wouldn't provide such a letter because their care-factor for customer's experience is ZERO!!!
I've lost confidence in LG and their appalling Customer Service. This will really be my 1st and last product from LG. I would advise others not to waste their money either.

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman for $1,300.00.

Best fridge

This is a brilliant energy efficient fridge. It maintains consistent temperature at all times and throughout the whole fridge. The design is fantastic and the led side lights make it easy to find things. The retractractable shelf makes it easy to store taller items as well. Also with this summer heat trying to bring ice cream home the quick freeze button is fantastic to freeze things within minutes

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Completely broken within 2 years of purchasing brand new!!

I purchased this fridge at the beginning of 2017 (less than 2 years ago) and have had problems within months. Now the fridge has completely stopped working.
I have been in contact with LG customer service and have finally had someone out to assess the fridge and conclude that it was faulty.
It's been 1 week and I have struggled to get any communication from my LG case manager, still don't have a replacement fridge or don't know if we'll get one and had to throw out over $300 in perishables.
A very very slow and painful process to resolve issues with my LG fridge considering it is a necessity, not a luxury item - absolutely no urgency from LG to resolve the issue.
Whilst the fridge did work:
The freezer was inconsistent and some sections didn't fully freeze some items.
The refrigerator section worked great

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Terrible

We purchased this as the retailer told us it was whisper quiet. Far from that the noise is so bad we can hear it in our bedroom! Had a consultant out 4 times had voice files to let them hear the noise and each time they have said it is acceptable. We emptied the fridge freezer and noise still there. When you touch the unit the noise stops when you hold the door the noise stops - it is on level ground. The funniest thing the last consultant told us that in the old days you had an ironing board up against it which shut it up unbelievable. The warranty for 10 years is worth nothing. When we have got the money it is going over the rubbish tip and then we will go back to Fisher and Paykel which we should have done in the first place.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
By all of the other reviews it would appear that we do have a lemon but will LG come to the party and change it because it is clearly faulty we will wait and see!Now 30 January not even an acknowledgement what does that sayI am pleased to say that our issue has now been resolved satisfactorily by LG with Harvey Norman helping out.

Lovely looking fridge, downsized but still has lots of space for everything

I love how the freezer is now at the bottom, it is easy to put things into compartments, and there is no ice to scratch off - winning. The shelves are adjustable but I had to remove one because I couldn't fit the bottles in. Suits a family of 3 quite well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Great fridge

The fridge maintains the temperature in all compartments. I saw a lot of reviews regarding the noise of the fridge. I've had the fridge for more than 7 months now and it's not that bad. Considering what it's designed to do, it's relatively quiet.

Likes
- Design, sophisticated look
- Easy to clean
- Energy efficient

Dislikes
- The freezer drawers can be difficult to open at times

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Greatest

this is one of the best refrigerator's that i have ever had. it is great for fresh produce, and keeping milk good for longer. i've never had any issues with this fridge and ive never had to get it repaired or anything. its just such an easy to use fridge

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Fantastic Product

Great efficient product does the job I need and want great keeps things cold as required and everything is fresh when needed it’s the best fridge I’ve ever owned and I love it totally I’d recommend this to family and friends without hesitation you should buy one and enjoy the product yourself

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fantastic fridge

I recently moved into a new place that had a specific spot for the fridge. This fridge fitted perfectly, looks great with my other stainless appliances, makes no noise. Is energy efficient, has heaps of space and keeps everything fresher for longer in the crisper. Love the folding shelf to allow for bigger items if needed. Highly recommend this fridge freezer

Date PurchasedJun 2018

good

l bought this fridge last years. so far does a very good job. works well in maintaining good temperature in all compartments, very quiet and very easy to clean. it offers great internal spaces, has varieties of shelves. l also like its ice dispenser. a trusted brand. will recommend to others.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Great for small spaces kitchen

Had a major issue as wanted a double door combo but the kitchen didn't have space so had to buy this as the measurements just fit. Loads of room in the bottom compartment and the top is super large. Had to sacrifice freezer space over every day food but was the only option

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Good choice for small apartments

After so much browsing, we got the LG GB 440UPLX model because it offers great internal space. It offers three shelves in addition to the veggies crisper. Beside this, it offers six different small shelves perfect for eggs, milk, and jams. It keeps good temperature in all areas, it is quiet, and easy to clean. Its shelves are made of glass so it gives a great finish.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Why would the fridge heat up around the seals to the point you cant hold your hand on it too long?

We have a new one however when you close the fridge door the freezer door pops open, the tech guy that came out said it's normal... Is it? Also the fridge door unless shut with force will sit 1cm open which isn't good. Overall not happy considering all the great reviews it gets.. Did we also get a Lemon?
Hi Rick our seals on both fridge and freezer are good they firmly close. From our experience we would suggest go back to where you purchased it and explain that the Tech guy thinks it's fine because obviously it cannot be a good seal. We went back to Harvey Norman yesterday and they have contacted an LG rep to try and help us out hopefully we will get a result. Another tip take a video on your phone showing what happens as its easier for them to see than trying to explain. Good luckthey close firmly with suctionWhen closed the suction is good, however we virtually have to slam the freezer she door which then causes the freezer door to pop open.

Does anyone else have a problem with a near constant bussing noise, apparently coming from the rear of the fridge, and audible about 7m away? It didn't make any noise when First installed. It's about 9 weeks old now. I've read that loose retainer clips can cause this noise.
Mine is pretty noisy too, but I live with it. It doesn't keep us up at night. If it is the clips it will be good to know if someone has been able to fix it.We have the same and can here it in our bedroom. Repairers have been 4 times and have said it is an acceptable noise even though we've even done sound files. Fridge/freezer 10 mths old and has buzzed 1 month into us purchasing it. Clips have all been checked quite frankly they couldn't care less. They suggested standing an ironing board against the side and I'm not joking.We have the same issue. The fridge is 7 months old now but the noise started 2 months after our purchase. A technician came in saying it is normal to have this level of noise but it is getting worse to the stage that this constant annoying buzzing sound causes us a headache. I emailed them again and see what they can do for this.

GB-450UPLX (Stainless Steel)