LG GF-B620

Stainless steel door finish showing dent like faults

This fridge is only 2years old.
Quiet and cold like a fridge should be but over the last 6 months dent like faults keep appearing in the fingerprint free faux stainless steel doors.
Started with two.. now 6 dent like faults at random locations (top of doors to bottom) - every month now more ‘dents’ appear it seems.
There is a fault with the door skins that makes a good looking fridge very ugly.
Suggest beware buying the ‘fingerprint free’ faux stainless steel fridges because the product is faulty.
We have ’logged’ this with LG Customer service and provided photos. More soon.

Do not buy. Fridge is terrible. Service is worse

Broke down 3 times in 8 months. Had to take 5 days off work so far because the repair man shows up without parts even though it’s the same error over and over. The freezer frosts up and burns out the fan that sends cold air to the fridge. Put in a complaint. Said they’d get back to me in 24 hours. Took 4 days to reply. 12 days without a fridge. What an absolute joke.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love it.

Love this fridge. Plenty of space especially in the doors which I love for all my condiments. The only thing I’d change about the fridge compartment would be the bottom sliding draw to be in 2 so can still be opened when only one door is opened. Super quiet. Freezer is nice and deep with an adjustable divider and a top drawer for the smaller or often used items

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Disspointing so far after 18 months.

The fridge failed within 6 months of getting it. ER FF. The fridge fan failed. LG have replaced it. We did not realise and ate food at room temperature for three days. We lost a lot of food and had no receipts.

I purchased a basic thermometer to watch the temperature. 12 months later it happened again. Set at 3 degrees the fridge was reading 9 degrees. ER FF. Called LG and they said the repairman may take a few days. They phoned us the same day and said they had ordered the part. We unplugged the fridge for 30 minutes and put the plug back in and that kept it going for the 4 days. 4 days later they replaced the fan and a board.

The freezer does the cooling at the bottom and the fan picks up the cool air and pushes it through the back of the fridge to come out at fridge level. If the fan fails the fridge stops working and the food goes warm. I hoping this does not fail again.

We have a cordless thermometer with 2 sensors in the fridge. The top of the fridge is about one degree warmer than the bottom so that's impressive. Set at 2 degrees the temperature varies between 3 and 8 degrees. This is measured over 3 days. I do not like the fact it get's up to 8 degrees but that could be with the door being opened regularly and then fair enough. Overnight I think I saw 3 to 7 degrees. Hmmm...

There can be a bit of noise but I get nervous now when there is no noise.

Easy to clean.

It's a bit small if you're going to be on a fruit and vegie rich diet. Perfect if you like your junk food though.

In my mind it looses a star for the unreliability thus far, but it might be perfect now.
It looses another star because it not only does not get to the temperature I want (measured with more than one thermometer) but the variance of the temperature is a bit too wide,

I would not buy another one. The wife really wanted the french doors and she would not buy another one either.

I hate to say it but consider extended warranty (if they pay out but that's another review).

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

My condolences

My condolences if your fridge was dead on arrival like mine and you have to deal with LG customer service and their service agents.

I rang LG customer service to report the problem and I had to hang up on the first person I spoke to because their grasp of English was poor and I was tired of spelling every word to them. The second person was more helpful in the sense that their robotic job was to log the problem and give me a reference number as well as the phone number for assigned service agent in my area.

Newcastle Custom Electronics (Google them and wonder at all the 1 star reviews!) called me the next day and I described the symptoms to them, they informed me they would order some parts and that was the last time they called me.

Fast forward 2 weeks and after calling them every 2-3 days they informed me the parts were in and they would arrange to have them installed. Another week later and still no technician. LG customer service have been no help and have refused to replace the fridge despite me being without refrigeration in the house for nearly 3 weeks now.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Good to fridge with room

It's does it's job, and the size is OK, spacious in side. There's not much noise either.
However the freezer part still have room to improve. The design is not utilizing all the available space.
Also the draw sometimes fall off if I am placing weighted items.
Overall I would recommend this fridge though

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Perfect fridge at this price point

We have had this fridge for about 4 months now and cannot fault it. It is the perfect size for a family with well thought out compartments and a generous amount of space within for the size of the fridge. Fits nicely in a standard 600mm cupboard with only the doors protruding, Got a great deal on this from the good guys and was the same price as inferior brands.

Great fridge

Keeps the food cold and fresh. The space is more than ample for the two of us. I have the one with the stainless front.
Pro's: Keeps cold, easy to clean the inside, has the bottom wide keeper, plenty of door shelves which are adjustable. Freezer has the light so easy to find food at night.
Con's: Hardly any. Due to my having it in a shed the seals have discoloured.
Not sure of the model to be exact.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Great Family Unit

Excellent size for a family of four (which includes 2 hungry teenagers) shelves can not only be moved but split to accommodate different size bottles and dishes. Fantastic at Christmas with all the extra food. Freezer is a fantastic size. Two vegetable draws, only down size is a the meat tray could be a little larger.

Dream fridge!

This fridge is so quite and powerful, it has everything you need. You can open from both sides, you have compartments for everything you can imagine! All round good design with good stainless steel finish. Matches all my other kitchen appliances. The bottom draw makes easy access and keeps veges so fresh!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Not working after only 11 months

Our first thoughts were what a great looking fridge but after only 11 months the fridge section stopped working.. 2 weeks have passed still not fixed... waiting on a part.. not good enough.. customer service is very poor were they don't seem to know what happening in Australia.... We got the complete run around.

February 6th 2018 Update: Terrible.. Worst fridge ever

Has broken down yet again... fan replacement after only 11 months (Dec 10).. not just 8 weeks later (06 Feb.).. Fan not working again... 20c in my fridge... Now I have to wait yet again for a repair man to come.. told prob. 2 days before I hear from someone.. Last time it took weeks.. due to waiting for fan part.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Very efficient good looking fridge

Always maintains perfect temps of 3 degrees in fridge and -18 in freezer but haven’t been through a hot summer yet. Very quiet operation easy to access inside fridge even using one door. Love the extra long drawn under the crispers - great for celery. Haven’t moved the shelves around much but plan on using the split shelves for the summer. Only negative so far is that it is difficult to remove and clean the bottom shelf that is above the crispers.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

AWESOME love it

Fantastic fridge. Easy to keep clean. adjustable shelves. Love the split shelf capability. This gives you the option to stand 2L bottles or wine up in the coldest part of the fridge.
SO much room. 2 chiller draws with large capacity.
was really reasonably priced.
The runners on the shelving system are not cheap plastic like some of the other fridges like the Hisense.
Freezer is a good size. Love the top slide out small draw.
I find the big draw a bit of a pain as you have to move things around to see whats in there. But will live with this as i LOVE the fridge.
Mum bought the Hilsense,french door and she hates it.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Would not suggest buying.

I do not care for this refrigerator because it always vibrates. I also think it is not easy to clean. There are too many difficult areas to get at to clean. It stays cool and I do not care for the freezer on the bottom. Just my preference in not caring for the bottom freezer.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Happy with our purchase.

French door design is great, plenty of room, it holds its temperature perfectly, it also looks and feels like it's made well and the stainless steel finish is just beautiful.
We've just replaced our side by side fridge and although we love the LG we much prefer the side by side design, so much easier.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Love this fridge!!

The fridge is super quiet, massive freezer space and lots of different compartments.
I love using the bottom fridge drawer for all of my cold meats. I also love that the glass shelves slide out. I was skeptical about buying an LG fridge but it’s great.
Super easy to clean.
LOVE IT!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

So in love with my new fridge!

This is the best fridge I've ever owned - and bonus - IT LOOKS GREAT TOO! Very modern and sleek. I'm in love with the French door opening, much easier to store larger items, platters etc. The cold drawer in the bottom of the fridge is handy too. I love the pull out shelf in the freezer, though it seems as a bit of space is lost in the lower drawers, with the rounded shape. Overall though, I couldn't be happier with the LG fridge.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great

Easy to clean great capacity for freezer and fridge. Quiet operation looks fabulous and great compartments with glass shelves excellent I really like the stainless steel finish and the fact that the shelves slide out makes it easy to get to things, love the 2 doors with plenty of space for bottles and sauces

Great fridge!

We decided to stick with LG after decided to upsize from our old fridge (bought in 1998 and still going strong in our garage).

The GF-B620 is stainless steel (and like all stainless steel, a fingerprint magnet) with grey plastic finish on the handles, and hammered grey finish on the sides. It has a digital thermostat for both fridge and freezer hidden behind the fridge doors. It has a door alarm which can be enabled/disabled per user setting.

Inside the fridge shelves in the main body of the fridge half width and are modular, and can be set per user choice on the rack, either staggered or level on both sides. There is ample space in fruit and vegetable compartments, and door shelves are well positioned and space. There's no egg shelf though, which is an unusual omission.

The freezer consists of chest (as part of the freezer door), with independant sliding wire drawer above. The ice-maker works well with a few caveats. The wire drawer has a tendency to get caught on the ice tub if overstacked (easy to do). It's not uncommon for rogue ice cubes to fall out from the back of the ice tub into the freezer recess - or even worse, rebound out onto the floor and pose a slipping hazard. While our ice maker has been great, I get the feeling LG has had a lot of trouble with them, seeing they've been deleted from the revised model.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Super smart fridge

Awesome fridge maintain good temperature all the time. Easy to move around and looks classy as well. Super user friendly. Very spacious and has place to store stuf for family of 4 or may be more. I'm super happy with the fridge and would recommend to everyone to go for the same.

Date PurchasedApr 2017