Mitsubishi L4 Grande / Mini

Mitsubishi L4 Grande / Mini

MR-L650EH, MR-L710EG, MR-L710EH and MR-L710E

I am disappointed at Mitsubishi Fridge

I did research and thought I bought a top fridge 2 years ago. However I now really regretted the decision.
Reasons are
1. the material Mitsubishi is using for their fridge and freezer is really sub standard as the panel/track for the drawers in the freezer broken after one and half years as well as the ice making tray
2. The ice making tray was swapped under warranty however the panel/track apparently can't fixed unless the whole fridge is changed
3. I tried to trace up the customer service again and had no answer
4. Through the process, though the fridge is under warranty, however, I spent a lot of time chasing different parties
5. I have had other brand fridge for many years yet never had any issue like internal plastic broken. I feel the material Mitsubishi is using does not sustain the low temperature plus the weight of the actual food.

Extremely disappointed and definitely not worth the hassle.

Purchased in March 2017 at 2nds World Physical store for $2,600.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)

Perfect fridge for family or couples

This is the best fridge we have ever owned. I did my research for myself and my daughter who has a family of 6 and it’s just me and hubby for ours.
She got the diamond black and I got the pearl white. Only problem is my pearl white is now yellow? I’m so sad cause I love my fridge.
It’s big in the fridge and freezer. I can fit whole platters in it and even my giant lasagne.
Temp control is perfect.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it.

Purchased in January 2017 at Harvey Norman for $2,400.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)

Love this fridge. Perfect size, colour and has such a well organised storage space.

It contains a very consistent and reliable temperature in all compartements. The fridge is beautifully designed both for aesthetic and practical reasons. It is definitely easy to open and close.

Purchased in September 2018.

Internal Layout

Great for families

We bought this fridge a couple of years ago to replace a still functioning but too small Samsung side-by-side. We moved the Samsung to the laundry to become our drinks and overflow fridge and it's still happily chugging along. The Mitsubishi 710L is a wonderful fridge as far as its layout and functionality goes. It's great to be able to put wide platters in or things like bunches of celery which would always have to be cut up or get squashed in the old fridge. Absolutely love the drawers in both the fridge and freezer. The negative about the fridge is its temperature control. We've noticed that it doesn't get as cold as the Samsung and even though we've set it for 1 degree (high setting), it's operating at around 4-5 degrees when we test it with a thermometer. We had our Samsung set at 2 degrees and that is exactly what we measured it at when we tested it. We have also noticed an increase in the amount of food that goes "off" or doesn't stay fresh for very long. Great fridge, does the job, but with the temperature fluctuations we've experienced, won't buy another Mitsubishi.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

sure fire winner, japanese quality

this is the best fridge I have ever owned. It keeps constant temperature and the controls are on the outside..never had to adjust them yet, except to see what they do. i did a lot of research, read all the Whirlpool (blog site for product reviews, like this one) site.
Every review was positive and people really happy. I was going to buy an LG but had one previously, it was very noisy. The Mitsubishi is so quiet I forget its there. I dont have any negatives, other than its big..doorways are a challenge but dont care. TOTALLY 100% in love with my fridge. And its 2 years later.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Best fridge ever!

I love the super wide door shelves, i bought the full size, so glad I didn’t buy the mini. I can fit buckets of peaches in the fridge in summer, so much room and freezer section good size. Maintains good cold temperatures. I love the ice compartment, so simple, but works. I use fridge boxes to utilise some of the shelf space. Mitsubishi fridges are powerhouse units.
I got the price down by working between radio rental and HN

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Great family fridge

We bought this fridge for our family of four. It has plenty of room for everything we need. The fruit and veg area is well layed out so we can even store watermelon in the crisper, kept with the fruit. Wide enough to entertain guests. 5 stars all the way.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Great Fridge

Love the look, style and convenience of this fridge/freezer.
One small complaint in opening and closing doors on occasion if both open at the same time, need to close one before the other so they fit properly and I often forget which comes first right or left but a minor design glitch.
Easy to use and clean and keeps food at easy to control temp winter or summer.
I would recommend this unit.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great fridge

The old fridge had the death rattles. You know that terrible rattle the compressor makes when a fridge is old and runs almost constantly trying to keep cold...... So I wandered the internet until I only had a couple to choose from. Then I spent 5 hours in Harvey Norman comparing shelf strength, design, door weight, whether the door closes properly.... You get the idea, I studied everything. I got down to two choices then I looked for user reviews online. A lot of people said this fridge was quiet and that sounded like heaven.
Skip ahead to today and this fridge is sitting in the kitchen, virtually silent, doing a brilliant job. The lighting is fantastic. The freezer space is useful ( I don't have to lift everything out and put it back all the time....the drawers are so useful.
All 'round it's the right fridge for me and I'm extremely happy. I hope you will be too.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

This goes beyond a normal fridge

This fridge freezer takes it to an entirely new level! What I mean by this is how well organised the storage space is. The doors sometimes gets hard to open once already been opened so not sure if that's an issue but ever thing else is great. The look of it is also very stylish

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great looking fridge but get delvery people to put the handles on!

Had to buy this fridge freezer just recently as our old 8 year fridge freezer stopped working. We had it delivered but not installed and wish now we had them install it as we put the handles on wrong and snapped a clip un doing it and turning it the other way. The default settings seem good and there's loads of space for both frozen and cooled food

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Stunning in black

Well I got a new fridge freezer! GOt the diamond black one and am thrilled to pieces. Always had fridge freezers with a larger freezer at the bottom and this is brilliant. Easy to see goods in the freezer compartments and far easier access to them instead of a full width drawer. The fridge section saves on 2 fridges as drinks can be stored with no problem along with everyday produce. The low light in the vegetable drawer keeps the produce fresher for longer and we have not only saved on the electric consumption but food as well as not throwing anything away now. Very pleased with our purchase. One downside .. not for us .. but friends have said it would not fit in their recess as too tall. We love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Great unit, should be 5 Stars, shame about the soft material on the outer doors

Have owned this unit for some time, very happy with it overall. Mitsubishi are very underrated for cooling equipment, everything I have used has been top notch.

Width is excellent for overall capacity, you can fit platters and large containers no problem.
Runs quietly and has had no issues coping with the summer heat. Easy to adjust the temperature down over summer.

Freezer is good capacity and the ice trays work nicely. with a large ice bucket tray. Drawers have solid runners and are easy to open and close.

Lighting inside is also nice and bright.

Only negatives are the material on the doors, they are very easy to damage. Like day one brush the vacuum cleaner against it damaged. We chose the black model and it now has several dents and scratches, why it isnt just a thicker shiny plastic I have no idea, could easily have been made tougher and should be given they high use items. I didn't want the stainless because they always show damage, this is not much better.

It is also very large, just a consideration as we moved house and it had to be a factor in the house we purchased. It is bigger than most units, in width, depth and height. I had to remove the doors to get it in, then perform minor changes to the kitchen. The plus side is its also big inside.

Overall it would be 5 stars but for the material on the front doors, lets it down a little.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Great Fridge

Love full capacity wide shelves for platters. Quiet, easy to clean inside and out. Ice making great & better than those with plumbed water. No worry about leaks or icing up! Crispers are great but I do find even with high humidity set, I still like to put softer leaf veggies like shallots, celery, asian greens into a sealed container BUT carrots, cucumber, capsicum & fruits etc is all good in crisper. I live in the tropics with very high humidity in summer. Otherwise, it is a fantastic fridge.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Query vegetable crisper

Love my Mitsubishi L4 Grande except I find my vegetables when put in crisper(i.e. carrots, celery) are limp the next day. Have had humidity on high and low and still same result. Have also placed vegetables in left hand crispers, and same result. Any suggestions would bbe appreciated. Very quiet, easy to clean..

Date PurchasedJun 2017

The best brand fridge I have had

The fridge in general is big where we can use for 6 adults in the house.

First it run very smoothly and no noise at night.

Second, the fridge section is very well set up. Where we can use for normal food and two section for the vegetables.

Thirdly in the freezer we have 4 sections/ area to store frozen food

Four, it is very clean and sturdy design. Door close easily

It also has small screen so we can select the option for fride - economy or others. We use economy to save electricity.

If your house has a lot of people. I think this is the good fridge for you.

Love this fridge

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Its a good fridge except for one standout issue

We bought this fridge as we needed more width in a fridge, our current side by side just wasn't cutting it. We bought from Harvey Norman on special, all good. A few months after using, its a good fridge, quiet, economical, etc BUT the stainless steel doors dent REALLY easily, like the slightest tap with an object dents the panel! it seems to be quite thin. Apart from this, its a good fridge.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love it. Very modern and classy looking.

Love the space it has inside the fridge. Stays at the temperature it is set at. Also has a power saving mode. Double door so you can fit large platters in for entertaining. Inside door storage is quite large so you can fit a lot of jars etc. Love the black exterior.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Inexpensive to run

Great fridge, very very quiet when running, ample room to place item on the shelves and doors, very economical to run. Has two ice trays with tray beneath to store ice, great for storing eggs, butter and cheeses, overall, a really good fridge and easy to keep clean and tidy.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

perfect fridge

Bought it 2 years ago and could not be happier.
It's quiet, easy to clean and more than enough room.
Stainless steel finish doesn't show finger prints or marks.
Shelves are well spaced out and well lit inside.
Ice trays draws are nice touch and easy to use.
Can't beat the 5 year warranty.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Hi, our right hand fridge door has this 'clicking' near the bottom of the hinge once opened about 1/4 of the way and now the door doesn't want to stay open as it used to. How would I fix this? Kind regards, Ben.
Hi Ben, Were the doors removed to enable you to get the fridge into the house and the kitchen? If so, they might not be seated correctly. Our Technical Support should be able to assist. You can call us on 1300 651 808. If not, call our Technical Support first and see if we can assist over the phone. Otherwise, you can request a service call via: http://mitsubishielectric.com.au/service-request-for-consumers.html Regards, Mitsubishi Electric Australia Support

18 months old and makes a humming noise when doors are closed. Stops if any fridge or freezer door is opened, then starts again when shut. Lasts for quite some time.
Hi Gav & M, There are a couple of noises a refrigerator makes that are normal. These are mentioned on page 19 of your user manual (available to download via: http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/mr-l710eg-l4-grande-french-door-refrigerator.html). If it's a real concern, please either give our Technical Support team a call on 1300 651 808, or you can request a Service Call via http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.au/service-request-for-consumers.html We do recommend speaking to one of our Technical Support team members just in case there is something we can recommend. Best regards, Mitsubishi Electric Australia SupportWe did ring that number and simply received a service request number 00039527 yesterday morning. Have not heard anything since.

Why is there condensation inside my fridge?
There are a couple of possible scenarios: Q: Are the doors being opened frequently, or is a door ajar? A: When moisture in the air cools, it forms frost or condensation. Q: Is there high humidity in the house? Has it been raining? A: Condensation may form temporarily. Wipe off with a dry cloth. It is also easy for frost to form in the freezer compartment. Minimise the time that the doors are open.

L4 MR-L650EHL4 MR-L710EHL4 MR-L710EGL4 MR-L710E
Width950mm950mm950mm950mm
Height1700mm1820mm1820mm1820mm
Depth805mm764mm764mm764mm
Energy Rating3Stars3Stars3Stars3Stars
ColourDiamond Black, Pearl White and Stainless SteelDiamond Black, Pearl White and Stainless SteelDiamond Black, Pearl White and Stainless SteelDiamond Black, Pearl White and Stainless Steel
Replaced byMitsubishi Electric L4 MR-L710EG