Live Tutor Online

Live Tutor Online Questions & Answers

Cath M.
Cath M.

Is Live Tutor Online still operating? My kids can't log into their accounts, and none of the phone numbers work !!

Vanshika R.
Vanshika R.

how do I get started and do live tutor online

Disappointed Single Mum

I would love to know how many people were actually made aware that Live Tutor Online were signing you up to Humm.? For me the sales rep just keep telling me to click this and then that etc. I didn't even have time to read anything. I'm feeling very much taken advantage of and now they won't let me cancel.
Are we as consumers not entitled to cancel the subscription..?
1. It's misleading as I was never made fully aware that they were signing me up to Humm
2. It's not Live as my kids had to wait over an hour for a call back
3. The service is not what it promises to be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unhappy single mum
Unhappy single mum

Hi Danielle,
I am in the same boat and nothing you can do. They are telling me you signed up to the 24months and until the end that is it. There is a 45days claws but I tried at 39days and still not got to help.
The sales was very quick and yes no time to read the fine print. Worst company to deal with and refused to help in anyway.
I hope other people read these comments before signing up. Wish I had done a bit of research before trying to help my boys and now it has cost me.

Good luck and if enough people agreed look at legal action.

Regards,

Disappointed Single Mum

Thanks for replying. What’s the 45 days.?

I’m still in communication with them in the hope maybe they do the right thing. Otherwise it’s ACCC for me.

Disappointed user
Disappointed user

I'm in the same boat, a single mum. When I signed up, I did not have time to read fine print as I had just moved houses. They have signed me up for 2 years, and will not cancel the contract, since finance is provided by Humm! I wrote to them stating there is no way I would take finance to pay for a child's tuition! I feel it's a rip off, since we hardly get time to log on to the service, its not working for us! I hope someone can help us cancel the contract!

Disappointed Single Mum

I have had no luck. They are a scam company that promise you things and deliver none.
These companies are a disgrace!!!
Would love the complaint to go live and reach all consumers out there that have had these issues…. Maybe ACA or one of those TV shows should run a story on them…??

Nobal
Nobal

Yes How can we complaint on ACCC

Trish O.
Trish O.

I am going through this right now with them. After some research I have found the following: https://www.accc.gov.au/public-registers/undertakings-registers/compass-matin-pty-ltd-educollect-pty-ltd-and-stephen-eric-palframan

I paid for 24 months because I wanted to help my 2 children better their grades. It's not suitable for them and they have tried to use it but to no avail.

The owner is Stephen Palframan, however I am having trouble finding a direct email for him.

If they do not refund my money, I will be taking them to my local Magistrate. I will NOT let this go.
It's a lot of money that I handed over.

JJM
JJM

Teaching was fine the problem is if your kids do not feel comfortable with online teaching there is no option to stop the contract. Cooling off period it too short. Contract locks u in. How can we get out of the contract? Very unsatisfactory

Get an answer from our members and LiveTutor Online representatives