Medibank Pet Insurance Ultimate Pet Care

Medibank Pet Insurance Ultimate Pet Care

Donna

DonnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not be without pet Insurance

I have been with Medibank for coming up 10yrs and I have no problem lodging my claims and get it back in 3 to 5 days depending on when I placed it

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2020
Claim ApprovedYes

Hi Donna,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
It is lovely to read about your positive experience with our Pet Insurance.
If there is anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

The M.

The M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent!

Premium is affordable and never had any issues. Great peace of mind for covering Pet bills after being left $8K out of pocket treating my last cat in hospital when I didn't have insurance and she got sick.

Service is great, no issues

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Hi there,
Thank you for your lovely review and we’re glad to read of your positive experience. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Joshua

scraig40Illawarra, NSW

Don't Touch it!!

I strongly recommend anyone looking for decent pet insurance - look anywhere else. I have attempted to make 2 claims over the past 2 years, neither one expensive, but the amount of hoops they make you jump through to make your claim is discouragement enough. If I do not get my second claim approved which is only for consultations fees I fully intend taking the issue to Pet Insurance Australia and to the Financial Services Ombudsman. Then I plan to withdraw, not just from Medibank Pet Insurance, but also from Medibank Private - where I am a foundation member.

Claim DateJanuary 2020

Hi there,
I am sorry to read of your experience with submitting your Pet Insurance claims. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

scraig40

I have requested that my account be closed immediately. It seems I am not even covered for basic consultation fees, so I will NOT waste any more of my money on this scam.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Medibank Pet Insurance Ultimate Pet Care compares to other Pet Insurance

AmandaAdelaide

Very expensive policy for what you actually receive ....

I am so disappointed with MBP Pet Insurance. The older my dog becomes the more I have to pay for his policy. Now I am paying more for his policy than I pay for my own Gold Cover MBP Hospital and Extras insurance. They state exclusions if they feel that too many people for claim for this illness. I would be better off putting aside the money in a savings account .... I pay so much for the policy and yet I hardly claim ... I should be rewarded for this but of course I am not. I am now waiting for them to refuse my last claim. Shame shame on MBP pet insurance. Next year I will not be able to afford the premium. I would not recommend MBP pet insurance or any pet insurance that is underwritten by Pet Secure.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Amanda

I wish to further state that I have Gold Paw Cover not Essentials Cover .... which makes it even more disappointing in this instance.

Hi Amanda,
I am sorry your Pet Insurance policy premium increased. I just replied to your private message. Thanks, Anna

Mel

MelBrisbane

Is this a joke??

You have increased my premium by $500 this year!! Surely this is a joke!! How can you justify charging me $1750 premium per year for my dog. That’s more than my own personal health insurance.

Shame on you Medibank. I understand premiums go up but this is absolutely disgusting. Definitely a strategy to kick older dogs out of your company.

Don’t bother responding with your generic message about sending me a private message, I’m not interested, I won’t answer, and I’ve already sent an email to cancel my policy.

For anyone out there reading these reviews because they are considering joining this company I implore you not to. It is simply not worth the hassle and expense in dealing with them. Trust me, I’ve dealt with them for years.

Hi Mel,
I am sorry your yearly premium increased by $500. We’d love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message.
Thanks,
Anna

Hania Norman

Hania NormanSydney, NSW

Vaccinations and check up NOT covered

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Number of Pets2 pets
Kdb96

Kdb96Sydney, NSW

Complete waste of money

Have spent thousands on my dog in the past few years and I havent been able to claim a cent. After a few recent treatments procedures I have been sent a request for lengthy paperwork and history which is just ludicrous.

Hi there,
I am sorry you haven't been able to claim any of the claims you've submitted with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,
Anna

OnlineShopper11Toowoomba, Queensland

How things change...

Hi there,
I am sorry to hear your premium increased by 40%. I just sent you a private message asking you to confirm a few more details. Thanks, Anna

OnlineShopper11

Not as sorry as I was, believe me. I fail to see how confirming my details is going to change the situation, so I won't bother thanks.

Pickles

PicklesPerth

Update: new condition and excellent service

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Pet Insurance

Carole P.

Carole P.Perth, WA

Don't waste your money!!!

The policy was easy to set up and have been with Medibank Pets for a few years now. Every time I put in a claim I usually have to back this up with a phone call because they don't want to pay for anything. Sometimes I have quoted directly from their policy booklet and then they have paid.

They cover the bear minimum. In the last year I have spent $7235 on my dog, including the insurance. I have received back approx $425. It is worth me saving the $1700 per year and using that to pay a third of the costs of the vet bills. I have just put my last lot of claims through and I will be terminating my insurance.
Don't waste your money and go with someone that doesn't query every single claim.

Claim DateSeptember 2019

Hi Carole,
I am really sorry to hear about your experience with our Pet Insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

Anthony M.

Anthony M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Struggling to get a claim approved

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Medibank P.Medibank

Came through when we needed it!

You never quite know how good an insurance policy really is until you have to make a claim. In our case the claims process was easy and user friendly, and the payments prompt, efficient and easy to track on the pet portal. Can't fault Medibank's Ultimate Pet Insurance and would not hesitate to recommend.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
topshop147

topshop147

My dog is not a used car

See all Medibank Pet Insurance reviews