Medibank Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Medibank Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Alan Hogarth

Alan HogarthPerth, WA

Great Travel Insurance

My claim came about as my wife passed away prior to the planned cruise. The cruise line would only refund less than half of the total cost. I contacted Medibank Travel Insurance and found them very helpful by sending me the claim forms. I was able to complete the claim forms and provide the required documents. The claim was accepted and I was very happy with receiving the full amount of the claim less the $250 excess. I would have no hesitation in recommending Medibank Travel Insurance to friends etc. As I plan taking a holiday to Thailand, be assured I will be taking out your Travel Insurance.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim DateOctober 2019

Shocking Experience

Shocking experience. Pregnancy complications forced a cancellation however a letter provided by OB was not sufficient. They wanted a GP letter instead. Due to moving cities we didnt have a GP for longer than the required 12 months as they needed to verify this was not an ongoing medical issue. Sorry, what? A specialists letter isnt good enough? Joke. The entire cover is less than impressive and the experience with the claims team terrible.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Hi there,
I am really sorry to read of your experience with submitting your travel insurance claim. We'd love to look into that for you. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks,
Anna

I do not believe it.

I do not believe it.

Pre Existing Conditions

We have been loyal members for over 40 years and have just been refused insurance because back in 2007 my husband had open heart surgery. My question is, how long is a patient punished for an illness that happened nearly 13 years ago. We have been all over Europe, Asia & the Pacific with no problems at all and always had insurance which covered the heart. We have applied and has been declined for a cruise around Argentina. WHY?????????????

DestinationSouth America
Claim MadeNo

Hi there,
I am sorry to read that you have just been refused insurance. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

I wrote the above message a week ago and Medibank informed me that travel department will get in contact with us. Still waiting for a phone call

SJ

SJ

Dont bother cause they wont pay you a cent

I have been fighting with these crooks for almost a year now . I had over $2000 in cancellation fees due to my mother having a stroke . They refuse to pay . Do not use them they are over priced and useless

Claim DateNovember 2018

Excellent service

I felt the policy was excellent value as it turned out.
I lodged a claim and it was covered within 2 months.
Covermore who were the underwriters for you were excellent and the nurses for Medibank were ringing me every day.
Excellent service would definitely recommend and use you again.

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationSouth-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Tegan

TeganSydney, NSW

Issue still not resolved

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Jacobite

JacobiteSydney

Medibank Travel insurance does what it should - you can rely on it

Insurance Cover For:Senior
DestinationAustralia and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)
Claim DateSeptember 2019

Barry

BarryGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Simple claim but fully satisfied with process and result this time.

Have travelled three times to USA, Europe and UK and made two claims. First claim 3 years ago was problematic, but eventually resolved in my favour. This small recent claim was handled without fuss. I would use Medibank again.

Hi Barry,
We are glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel Insurance claims. Thanks for taking the time to submit your lovely review. - Anna

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Travel insurance is NOT travel insurance

We travelled overseas and where supposed to have Back-To-Back cruises on the same ship. Half way through the first cruise the sip broke down and as a result the cruise ship required dry-dock and the rest of the fist trip and the second trip were cancelled necessitation we return home. A claim was submitted and declined upon our return.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Nonajane

NonajanePerth

My sister and I had planned a cruise, 2 months prior to departure, she suffered an injury. My only issue with the process being the absence of the release documents for the travel agent and GP, it would have been far quicker if all the required documents were provided at the outset, rather than wait for them to be requested. I would, however recommend this company.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), Europe and North America (inc. Hawaii)
Claim DateJune 2019

Joeblow

JoeblowGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent Experience. Simple and Responsive

This was the first time I have used the Medibank Travel Insurance.
I had a hire car issue overseas and needed to make a claim.
Very impressed by the simplicity of the Online Claim Portal. Equally impressed by the very prompt and positive response in settlement of the claim

Type of ClaimCar/Rental Hire Excess
Claim Resolution Time<1 week

Margie C

Margie CSouth East Queensland, QLD

So much for brand loyalty

We agree with Stephen's comments published last year.
We have been with Medibank Private for 39 years. We used Medibank Travel Insurance out of loyalty on a number of occasions. The true value of a company is only realised when you need to make a claim. What a wake up!
Took 12 weeks to finalise a straightforward claim. Communication is poor and the constant-will get back to you in 10 days- only adds to the processing time at each step of the claims process. Very Disappointing.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateMay 2019

Hi Margie,
I am so sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve experienced with submitting your travel claim. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Thanks, Anna

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute joke - should have saved my money

Missed connecting international flight due to fog. Spoke with 2 x consultants at the time to find out what I was covered. One advised that I would only be covered an amount of $250 which was the same as my excess, essentially meaning I wasn't covered at all. This did not make any sense to me and I requested to speak to a 2nd consultant who stated that I would be covered as the flight being cancelled was out of my control. Based on that information, I organised for an alternate flight.
Received letter stating that flight was only covered for a certain amount ($250). I am now over $2000 out of pocket due to this misinformation.

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateApril 2019

winglessMelbourne

Ask what is not cover when airline schedules are changed

A recent domestic travel insurance was taken with a travel firm. Private arrangements where made for air travel back to our home town after the holiday {made well in advance and covered in the insured time} allowing us to arrive home on a set date with connecting flights. On two separate occasions due to flight rescheduling we had to pay for a extra nights accommodation to connect returning flights home and also our holiday was reduce by one day.
Our claim for a night's accommodation and days loss of the holiday was rejected as its is an airline's responsibility and flights rescheduling are only cover under certain conditions Ask the airlines and see what they say??

wingless

Hi Anna where did you send the message and your relation to the site

So glad I bought Medibank travel insurance!

First time I’ve bought travel insurance with Medibank. Must say I’m a very happy customer. Due to an injury sustained at F45 (CrossFit), I had to cancel my entire trip to Africa 3 weeks before departure. I submitted a claim online and got paid out in full (minus excess) within 5 working days. No questions asked. Was so grateful I didn’t have to stress about the money “lost” whilst on crutches and preparing for surgery. Thank you Medibank!!

Dush

DushSydney

Medibank Travel insurance - Bad service - Endlessly delaying - No settlement - Correspondents argume

SheenaMedibank

Hi Dush, I’m sorry for your claim experience. So that we can help further, I have sent you a private message. Thanks, Sheena

SJT

SJTAdelaide

Terrible service and unhelpful staff.

After having all our luggage stolen from boot of car between hotels in NZ on last day of trip then trying to make a claim on the online form that crashed 3 times, the staff on the phone told us to list everything on spread sheet and attach. After several phone calls and emails they eventually paid a small amount as fine print stated that boot of car has limits. Why did they not tell us this in one of our many phone calls? Who has a receipt or knows the date of purchase for every item of clothing? Many times taking out travel insurance first claim NEVER again Medibank who to use next time? Time to think about a new company for health insurance.

Nifty

NiftyBrisbane

Great when You pay. No so good if they have to pay!

See all Medibank Travel Insurance reviews