Medibank Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

Medibank Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip)

3.2

DKC

DKCGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Claim process excellent

Lodged a claim as a result of the pandemic. Initially thought can't claim because of the pandemic but Medibank Travel Insurance call centre staff encouraged me to put one in. The claim was processed according to the timeline outlined to me. I have used Medibank Travel Insurance for at least 5 times over the last 8 years. Will use it again.

Claim DateJune 2020
Rudders

Rudders

GOOD RESULT, FINALLY

An accident in January meant a cancelled cruise in February.
There were delays in processing the claim due missing documentation, exacerbated by the pandemic situation.
Senior Claims Officer Isaac Downey got involved in July, and put in a lot of effort getting the required documentation to finalise the claim in August, 10 out of 10.
Good outcome, thanks.

Leo S.

Leo S.South East Queensland, QLD

COVID-19 PANDEMIC – Claim for Travel Cancellation

This was the first time I have used the Medibank Travel Insurance. My claim came about as the Australian government advised Australian not to travel abroad due to COVID-19 pandemic. I contacted Medibank Travel Insurance and found them easy to deal with and very helpful. They sent me instruction how to complete claim forms online. I provided all documents required to support my claim. Initially it was a bit of a problem but eventually resolved in my favour. I would use Medibank Travel Insurance again for my future travel insurance.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea) and Europe

Hi Leo,
Thank you for submitting your lovely review.
We’re glad to read about your positive experience with submitting your Travel Insurance claim. If there is anything else we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Thanks, Anna

Travel Insurance

Find out how Medibank Travel Insurance - International Comprehensive Plan (Single Trip) compares to other Travel Insurance

Mickyb

MickybGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not use

4 previous travel policys and 1st time claim and it gets rejected.
Tour Company goes into liquidation partly due to Covid
We buy a policy months prior to any issue and get $0
Medibank Private Health Insurance 36 years of continuous health insurance with them goodbye MBP hello BUPA

Claim DateMay 2020

Hi Micky,
I am sorry your travel claim wasn’t paid. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

BazF

BazFPerth, WA

Medibank Travel Insurance came good when needed

I have used Medibank Travel Insurance for my last three overseas trips, and have not needed to make a claim until this year.
My trip to Isle Of Man TT, due in August 2020 was cancelled due to Corona Virus and my travel company has a 'No cash refund policy'
Medibank Travel Insurance assessed my claim, with some delay due to large number of claims they had to deal with, and finally repaid all of my travel fees except for the $250 excess which I chose on my policy.
They kept me informed of my claim progress throughout and answered all of my queries.
I will certainly use them again for my next trip.

Kerrie Hibberd

Kerrie HibberdHobart, TAS

Had to cancel overseas trip due to my husband's cancer kidney removal surgery.

Took out comprehensive travel insurance in Jan 2020 for May Overseas travel. March my husband had right kidney removed. Claim completed this week Scenic reimbursed half refund and Medibank Private Travel Insurance reimbursed the other outstanding amount less $250.00 excess. it has taken 3 months due to Corvid out break. We have always used Medibank Private for all our Travel insurance within Australia and Overseas. I pay top price for travel insurance as I have pre existing health issues. My husband is now recovering very well. We will continue to use Medbank Private Travel Insurance

DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimMedical
LMC

LMCMid North Coast, NSW

Great travel insurance policy!

As a Medibank Member I was able to get a good discount on my travel policy, which covered all the bases and I felt was good value for money. It was easy to organize with a phone call, or it can be done on-line. Unfortunately I had to cancel my trip due to illness, a few days before departure date. Medibank kept me informed regularly of where my claim was at, as it was being determined. A slight delay did occur, but that was not the fault of Medibank. They provided a full refund of my planned overseas tour I had booked, less airfares. I have used their Travel Insurance before and would not hesitate to do so again.

DestinationNew Zealand
Type of ClaimMedical

Hi LMC,
Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel Insurance claim. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Anna

Goldie

GoldieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Full Refund, Very Happy

On contacting Medibank Travel Insurance today about our insurance for a cancelled trip, I was so pleased to be offered a full refund of our premium which was over $1000.
We had already received most of our refunds from our travel providers, so getting our premium back was fantastic.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Goldie, thanks so much for submitting your positive review.

If there is anything we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. - Jade

Wonderful service and very helpfull.

We had our trip to Asia cancelled by the cruise line because of covid 19.
We were reimbursed from NCL for the cruise but not the flights etc.
Thankfully Medibank Private paid the shortfall. Really great service and courteous staff. Thank you.

MedibankMedibank

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your lovely review.
If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. - Jade

pozVictoria

Ripped off

Hi there,
We'd love to see if there is anything we can do to help. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details.
Anna

Sent you or information

Gary Patterson

Gary PattersonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Professional and Courteous

Covid 19 forced us to cancel our trip to Canada / Alaska - with our travel insurance being taken out well in advance of the pandemic we were pleased that our Medibank travel insurance covered the cost of the trip that was not refunded by the travel company. The service from in store ( Lisa ) and over the phone was always professional and informative. The claim was handled quickly and to our full satisfaction. In such a difficult and stressful time the service was very much appreciated. We will certainly take out future travel insurance with Medibank.

DestinationAustralia

Hi Gary,
Thank you for your lovely review and we're very happy about your positive experience.
Joshua

Maomao

MaomaoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Medibank declined my claim because my mum had a surgery

Medibank travel insurance declined my claim because my mum had a surgery so we need to cancel my family trip and go to the hospital to take care of her.

Type of ClaimOther
Insurance Cover ForAdult and Child
Medibank P.Medibank

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything further we can do to help.
Hayley

Courteous and Thorough

We had to cancel a planned trip to Vietnam because of Covid-19. Travel insurance had been taken out well before the outbreak became known and therefore Medibank Travel Insurance covered the cost of the deposit that was not refunded by the travel company we had used. Claim was straightforward to lodge and was handled quite quickly.

Medibank P.Medibank

Hi there,
Thanks so much for your 5 star review. We're so pleased you're satisfied with your cover.
If there is anything we can help you with, please feel free to reach out via private message.
Kindly, Hayley

Gordon

GordonEvatt 2617, ACT

Medibank came to the party when overseas holiday/cruise had to be cancelled.

We have used Medibank Travel Insurance for 3 of our overseas cruises. The proof of the pudding was cancellation of an Asian cruise which was cancelled for obvious reasons. Our travel agent determined that some of our deposit was not refundable and we really couldn't afford such a loss. Medibank covered most of this loss and we very much appreciated this

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea), North America (inc. Hawaii) and South-East Asia (e.g. Bali, Vietnam, Thailand)

Hi Gordon,
Thank you very much for your review. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send us a private message.
Kindly, Jade

MatthewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Completely unresponsive during COVID-19 pandemic

Hi Matthew,
I am sorry your recent Travel claim wasn’t paid. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks, Anna

Matthew

Hi Anna, thanks for your message but it is very disappointing that this is the first contact I have had from Medibank regarding my claim since I lodged it in mid April. I have returned your message.

Hi Matthew, I've responded to your private message. Thanks, Joshua

PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Covid 19 refusal

Typical of company that claims to help, your wording is so clever so you don't have to cover any claim to do with the Corona Virus. What a let down and will never use your company again.
So disappointing and pathetic

Hi Perry,
I am sorry about your recent experience. We'd love to follow this up, so I've just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Joshua

Perry

No im talking about travel insurance

Duncan Wilson

Duncan WilsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

In this difficult time with a looming number of claims due to the pandemic we received our claim in full. Good work

Yes the policy was good value
We received notice our claim was approved and payment was received in the published time frame
This is the 3rd occasion we have used this company for travel insurance and add that we are shareholders in the company

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Hi Duncan,
Thank you for your lovely review. We’re glad to read of your positive experience with submitting your Travel claims. If there is anything we can do to help, please don’t hesitate to let us know.
Thanks, Joshua

Still waiting for response after flights cancelled.

My first email was sent on 12/03/20 to advise that I have had to postpone my trip and flight bookings with Singapore Airlines and wish to either receive a credit or cancel my travel insurance policy. Medibank's email response was I would be contacted in 1 working day. As I did not get through on the phone, I sent more emails and am still waiting for a response on 26/03/20. My next step is to visit the Medibank Branch Office where I purchased the travel insurance policy and also write a letter of complaint to Consumer Protection.

DestinationAustralia
R. Hanley

Destination was to Ireland and Italy.

Hi there,
I am sorry you haven’t heard back from our Travel team in relation to your request. I just sent you a private message asking for a few more details. Thanks, Anna

R. Hanley

Thank you Anna. I have responded and sent the information requested.

Antonella

AntonellaPerth, WA

Very disappointed - look elsewhere for insurance

Hi Antonella,
I am really sorry your recent travel claim wasn’t paid. I just sent you a private message to see if there is anything we can do to help. Thanks, Anna

smiley

smileyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A very satisfied Medibank Travel Insurance customer

Medibank is my private health insurer, since I began to experience serious heath issues 4 years ago they have been excellent. Medibank was an easy choice when I purchased a comprehensive policy for my families trip to Thailand. Unfortunately I needed to make a claim upon our return. The online claim process only took 5 minutes, I received an approval 10 days later. I recommend Medibank for both health and travel insurance, my experiences have always been excellent. I will definitely continue to use them in the future.

Type of ClaimOther