Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti SRK25ZSA-W / DXK09ZSA-W (2.5kW)

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti SRK25ZSA-W / DXK09ZSA-W (2.5kW)

MPN: SRK25ZSA-W

4.5

Jamie S

Jamie SPerth, WA

Nice, Quiet, fast cool

Great value aircon. I had two installed - one in the bedroom. Very quiet operation and strong heat or cool blow. Can easily sleep with this on, and it heats/cools the room quite quickly. Havn't had to do anything like change air filters yet but It doesn't look too hard. Would recommend.

Purchased in December 2019.

Room Type Small Bedroom and Small Office
Ric

RicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good back for the existing 7.5 kW

The existing 7.5kw in lounge does not always cope so the new 2.5kw a good back up to help carry the load also works well on its own between seasons is very efficient for its size

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Room Type Living/Dining Area

Review collected in partnership with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

value for money

We bought at a great price ,easy to operate works perfectly,much quieter than old unit it replaced,no complaints over last few months since installed,very happy.Been very effective on hot days and nights

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$799.00.

Split System Air Conditioners

Find out how Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti SRK25ZSA-W / DXK09ZSA-W (2.5kW) compares to other Split System Air Conditioners

Johannes S.

Johannes S.Illawarra, NSW

Effective, quiet and efficient. And did I say quiet?

This is a great little unit that cools and heats our bedroom quickly and quietly. You wouldn’t know that the compressor is fixed to the wall immediately outside as it’s extremely low noise. Controls are easy to use and versatile enough to handle all our requirements - we can run it through the night in the heat of summer and it doesn’t disturb at all.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$760.00.

Cooinda

CooindaMid North Coast, NSW

Average small room air conditioner

Low operating cost was a major factor in purchase. Ac and heat cycle work well and maintain a constant temp with little fluctuation. Remote primary buttons easy secondary not easy

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys.

studioed3.bd

studioed3.bdMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good unit, fairly quiet, operates well

This our first MHI air con unit on a recommendation from ac installer.
Quite surprised how well this unit works in a north facing Home Office area.
The indoor unit is neat looking, runs quietly on med fan setting, airflow variations are good, outdoor unit also runs fairly quiet for a external unit.
All in all nice economical unit.

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$719.00.

Paul

PaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is an outstanding unit

I bought this on recommendation from a Choice review. This is so quiet it's hard to know it's on at times, it has a 3D system which saves power as it knows if I'm in the room or not, the auto setting that I leave it on is generally perfect. It is rare that I have to adjust it up or down. The machinery is small enough to sit under my house unlike my old one that was loud and massive. It seems to be very good with power usage. I can't recommend this highly enough.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Mick

MickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sooo quiet.

Really nice unit. Gets really cold. Super quiet, on the lowest fan setting its hard to tell it is on. Haven't even used quiet mode. One tip, if its for a bedroom then go to the menu and either reduce or turn off the LED display lights as they are very bright. Only been installed for a week so can't comment on it longevity.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$779.00.

Bradley

Bradley

Really disappointed

Purchased in December 2019 for A$999.00.

Split System Air Conditioners

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product, very efficient

i purchased through a supply and install company and i was very happy with the promotion which Mitsubishi had going at the time which was cash back, the warranty is very easy to submit its all done online with no wait timed or phone calls

Purchased in May 2019 at harpers air for A$2,500.00.

Room Type Small Bedroom
R.singh

R.singhSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Air con is great.my room size is 17sqm. This unit is perfect.my first air con. Always go for Mitsubishi heavy industries.harldy hear in room.have checked consumption it’s accurate.love to own it

Purchased in October 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$719.10.

bizins

bizinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very quiet and very high electrical efficiency

We installed it to do a bedroom so quietness was important. It is so quiet on both Superlow and Low speeds that I can't hear it running in the room.
We seem to run our a/c systems more for heating than cooling, so paying for 0.65kW of power at the meter and getting 3.2kW of heat into the house is pretty amazing.
The remote control is pretty easy to use. The system has many more functions than we expect to use, but good to know that we can set a timer to turn on automatically etc if need be.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Sam C

Sam CBrisbane

Brand New Model is Awesome!

This model came out a couple of months ago, really good brand but this product takes it to a new level. When comparing to the other brands I've noticed lower sound output, higher energy efficiency, higher inverter capacity. Rated at 2.5kw but can run to 3.5! Quality construction, all plastics are strong, obviously durable. Buy from a proper Air Conditioning company for a good price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
See all Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Avanti Series reviews

Steve Rasked

Hi,
We had our new reverse cycle a/c unit fitted in December 2019 and was really quite on low speed cooling during the hot summer nights.
Recently on the same setting, we are now hearing a intermittent clicking type noise and it’s really annoying and now keeps my wife and I awake at night when the noise starts.
It’s a rotational clicking noise, like something faulty with the fan inside the indoor unit.
I have a couple of videos and you can clearly hear the noise.
The company who supplied and fitted the unit are sending out a technician this week,
Thursday 13th February 2020, hopefully it can be rectified.
Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, it’s so annoying but intermittent
Steve.

Hi Steve,

Really sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

If the installers aren't able to rectify the issue when they come out, please visit our website and submit a warranty service request and one of our service agents will get in touch to rectify the issue for you.

alitwino
alitwino

Yep, mine's a few weeks old and the indoor clicking was from the get-go.
MHI Warranty process is interesting - have to sign a waiver that you pay for a service call if not warranty and then their Service Agent asks for the same thing and credit card details and payment on the spot if it's deemed non-warranty.
if I knew I would never have bought this unit - should have read product review.

Hi Alitwino.
Wow, I’ve never heard of that before for a warranty!
I will call them now I’ve read your post, I was going to do a online warranty request but I’m not signing a waiver and giving my credit card details.
How did you get on or haven’t they been out to check your indoor unit yet?
The people who installed our system actually installed a different model than we were originally quoted. They didn’t tell us they fitted a different model, it was only when I checked the model number against the one they quoted via email.
When I called them up to see what was going on, they told me I have actually be given a upgraded/more expensive unit and was quieter and more reliable than the one quoted, they said we would still only have to pay for the original/cheaper unit quoted.
Make me wonder if anything strange is going on with these units!
I checked reviews before we purchased our system but obviously was looking at reviews for the original unit quoted and didn’t see any bad reviews!
Steve.

Brian

Brianasked

Avanti SRK25ZSA-W / DXK09ZSA-W (2.5kW)

I have had6a Mitsubishi Avanti 2.5/3.2 unit for less than a year. It's supposed to be quiet (19 dB) on the lowest fan setting but it's making a continuous kind of clicking noise, which is really annoying at night. Is this normal? What could it be.

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear of the issues you're having. While the unit will product some noise, it shouldn't be disturbing you. I'd suggest taking a video and sending this to us via our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MHIAustralia/) so we can pass onto our technical team for assistance.

Hi Glen.
I’m new here and have just submitted a post about our a/c indoor unit making, what sounds like the same noise as Brian is complaining about.
Do you have any ideas what it is, it’s definitely not a normal noise?
Steve R .

Richard T.
Richard T.

I also have a SRK25ZSA which also has the annoying clicking noise from the indoor unit. Installed Nov 2019 in a spare bedroom, which we have just moved into with winter coming on - may have been noisy since installed, but only been used a couple of times since installed.
I'd be interested if Glen, Steve R & others had their units fixed.

Christine V.

Christine V.asked

Avanti SRK25ZSA-W / DXK09ZSA-W (2.5kW)

How many decibels does the SRK25ZSA have?
Cheers

Mitsubishi Heavy Ind.Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners

Hi Christine - The sound level of the indoor unit depends on the fan speed setting however, on the lowest fan speed setting the SRK25ZSA-W reads at 19 dB (A). You can learn more under the 'specifications' tab here - https://mhiaa.com.au/products/model/avanti-srk25zsa-w-dxk09zsa-w-residential/

Get an answer from our members and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Air-Conditioners representatives