RG.II/RZ, RG.I (See All)
See the Best Convertibles in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Mitsubishi

• Features
shenglong y.
shenglong y.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great little car

Purchased in June 2010 for $5,300.

Matthew B.
Matthew B.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Super reliable 15yo car that's fun to drive

Purchased in July 2019 for $3,900.

John
JohnPerth, WA

Very fuel efficient very comfortable to drive

I purchased 2007 colt es with 120km in 2013 now has 200km, trouble free driving!
About 2 months ago transmission (cvt) started to make growling bearing noise, cvt oil change fixed!
The cvt transmission needs clean oil! I believe the torque converter was making the noise because of dirty oil!

John Coen
Western Australia

Purchased in March 2013 for $5,500.

Xx__Linda__xX
Xx__Linda__xXGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My little perfect beast

Great little car. It’s handling in the rain is great. Fuel is cheap as chips! Every 2 weeks I fill up and it only cost me $23 depending on how much the petrol is on that day! Still cheap. Boot space is great if you have no prams at the back, it actually fits my dining table into the boot what a surprise. I could fit a lot of things in the boot. I was a bit worried going from a 4wd to a small car the boot space is completely different but it fits everything I need it to fit. Mechanical wise it’s also cheap but hardly major issues everything runs perfect. So I would recommend it to people wanting to save on petrol and not have headaches every time you go to the mechanics! I love my baby colt! Haha

Find out how Mitsubishi Colt compares to other Convertibles

Nice little egg shaped car

My misti colt plus 04 auto is decent enough. Small, economical, has enoughish boot space. So far I've done around 20 000 ks with the car in the last 3 years. Mechanically it's been good

Purchased in November 2016.

Mr Army
Mr ArmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Most fun little car to drive

If i could find a fault for this car i would but i can't! the car is super fun to drive, the fuel economy is incredible (manual) i did 350 in half a tank.
I love the shape and the layout of the interior, i wished they continue making this car!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Dave
DavePerth, WA

Extremely unsafe vehicle !!

Extremely dangerous driving this car due to right corner windscreen which blocks your view of cars coming from the right. I’ve had several near misses due to this issue.Mechanically the car has been great but the safety factor is a major issue.
Extremely unsafe vehicle and I would not recommend!

BadgeV
TransmissionV
Date PurchasedApr 2016

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022

Very unsafe. Low fuel consumption.

Extremely unsafe due to blind spot on front right. Can’t emphasise this enough. Otherwise good value for money. Low fuel consumption and zippy. Easy maintenance. Pretty dependable and surprising amount of space if seats are folded down. But I would not have bought this car if I knew about the blind spot issue. It’s dangerous.

Date PurchasedNov 2007
mandrake51
mandrake51Illawarra, NSW

Great little car

After doing a lot of research on the net, I purchased 2010 Colt VRX. I was after a small daily run about for the local area. It was checked by my mechanic and then serviced by him. The Colt has been great - no mechanical problems, nice run about. The rear seat has 2 options for folding it down and can carry a surprising amount of gear in the back, however with 4 people, there is limited space. I would only recommend it for 2 people with an occasional use for 4 people. The only thing I would have liked to have been included was cruise control for the longer trips we do.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Dakota1
Dakota1Perth

Love this little machine!!!!!!!!!

Great little runner, reliable and runs on fumes (almost!) Nice and roomy quiet and VERY nippy with the 1.5 Mivec engine. Love the icy cold air con and the practicality of the interior!
Great build quality and made in Japan, really would have to be one of the best small cars on the road, and can really move if you want to stick the boot into it!

I have the vrx and it's a little stunner finished in Kingfisher blue, has a timing chain and not a stupid timing belt..........If you want a small vehicle, with fantastic economy and rock solid reliability (in manual transmission) go for it! Be careful and very cautious of a colt with the CVT automatic transmission!!!!! The manuals are the one to buy!!!!

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Joe
JoePerth, WA

What a surprise.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
George mMelbourne

This car was great until the CVT transmission packed up after 117000 k's

The car was fantastic until the CVT died. We had additional warranty to 130,000ks or 10 yrs whichever came first. It had only 117,000 but was 6 months over the10 years. Mitsubishi quoted us $7,800 to replace the gear box as CVT can't be repaired. We are stuck with a perfectly good car which is still running great and been fully serviced. So what do we do now?

BadgeNot known
Date PurchasedJan 2006
George m

Okay anyone know where we can buy a second hand CVT transmission for our colt which has been garaged now for 5 months.

mandyjane
mandyjaneAU

great little car!

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Claire
Claire

Expensive Lesson

I have owned & loved my 2005 Mitsubishi Colt since new (11years), have maintained it fastidiously & done relatively low kms (140,000). It's been a great reliable car, that is until the chain in the cvt transmission suddenly broke and I have been quoted $6,600 to replace with a new transmission. That is almost what the car is worth, so I'm replacing with a 2nd hand transmission ($2,700), considering selling the car & wouldn't get another car with cvt.

BadgeLS
Date PurchasedApr 2005
annie
annieauckland

WHy did they stop making this great little car ?

BadgeLS