NAB (National Australia Bank) Online

NAB (National Australia Bank) Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Take your money but cant process a credit card payment

Terrible bank with unreliable service. Every time my mother enters her bank in Albury to make a deposit or withdrawal they send me a text in Melbourne to ask me how I enjoyed my banking experience. They can't even identify the right customer. I have had random phone calls from a manager who had accessed their private data base and thought I was a different person. The issues I have continue when I schedule a payment from my cheque account to pay off my credit card. They are quick to take my money out of my account but I have to ring twice in one day to ask why my credit card hasn't been paid off. Again I will probably be charged interest charges that I have to chase up because they have made a mistake or had technical problems. Poor poor poor. I would leave except I have an offset account with them sadly

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Quick reply to my compliant

I Have been with nab over 25 years, when I made a compliant about over charged fee, they were fast reply to my complaint and issued a refund in 5 business day, very good customer service.

Worst customer service over by far!

Have been with them for over 8 years, branch experience was okay. But Worst customer service I received over the phone while I was checking the progress on my credit card application that was submitted online and was overdue for an outcome. Absolutely inconsiderate and very rude way of talking. Although when I rang back to complain it was much better still taking my business somewhere else.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Is there -1 star review option?

By far, dealing with multiple banks includint ING, commbank, this bank has broken all records of worst service level, actually they dont have any level.

Worst ever experience, my biggest mistake of moving to this bank 1.5 years ago. Everytime I contact them, I wholeheartedly regret my decision, untrained and rude staff.

My loan file is sitting with them for 3 months and no progress. Continuously delaying it to get more time on their hand.

Plea to anyone who ever think of going with, just stop here. Go anywhere but not this way.

Review TypeLoan Application

Unprofessional, lacking transparency and non-competitive

I have been with NAB for more than 20 years. In seeking a small investment loan worth approximately two per cent of my net worth and readily serviceable, I was directed on two separate occasions to a specific product that does not meet my needs [yet would be the most profitable for NAB]. Upon checking with my accountant, I was provided incorrect information regarding their reasons for persisting with this loan. Throughout the loan process, the attitude of the loans officer was unfriendly, rude and disrespectful of the answers I had provided regarding my expenses. The implication of this was that I was being dishonest rather than that he didn't understand the circumstances of my lifestyle--a rather modest life in a rural setting with few of the overheads found in the city. It was distressing to be engaged in this manner.

Worst Bank ever

As of this writing, i am on the call queue for nearly 30 minutes. My internet access has been blocked and unable to reset the password..terrible service. I will change my bank as asp

An absolute shocking experience

After being their client for about eight years and having several accounts and home loans, this bank turned me and my family’s life into lots of stress and disappointments for about four months due to their lack of security.
Took them nearly four months to investigate and refund my funds.

Pathetic gutless and week

Have been with NAB over 10 years. Every fortnight my Disability Support Paymet went in, never had a problem, then one day my card wouldn't work, the day I was expecting my DSP, NAB decided to close my account and not notify me leaving me bust for 5 days trying to get food medication and pay bills, the account t was not over drawn, there was no notice what so ever and they claimed I was mailed an apparent letter I never received,
I called.askignwhaynwas happening and why and got nothing, no reason what so ever why they closed an account with no notice what so ever, you think in these modern times they would have the respect to Call text or Email and atleast explain to me what was happening so I could have opened a new accounts my,
Amazing a bank with the technology had no balls to contact my let alone give an excuse still use an outdated 200 year old mailing system, there gutless and hide behind their apparent terms and conditions and refuse to give reason why I wasn't notified, ive seen kindergarten kids with bigger nuts,

No-fee accounts, the least greedy bank of the Big Four

No bank is perfect or cares about anything but its own profit, but NAB is the least greedy: it is the only bank of the Big Four that offers everyday transaction account, high interest savings account and Visa Debit card with zero fees. I personally never had any issues with NAB in over 10 years. The only things I wish for is that they stop tweaking their internet banking and instead add sms transaction notifications, don't close any more branches and don't remove any more ATMs.

Over the years I also banked with ANZ, Commonwealth and Westpac - they all charge fees for taking your money and identity data. Ridiculous! Plus they made such mistakes as sending cards to wrong address, closing wrong accounts, demanding irrelevant documents, persisting with spam nuisance calls after opt out, etc. I also tried BoQ - they do have some no-fee accounts, but their IT is a disaster: internet banking is badly made, and they force you to download a terrible app for some transactions. What are people without smartphones supposed to do? Or people who don't want to hand their personal data over to some AppStore just to be able to download the app?

Why I give 5* to NAB?
- No fees for everyday transaction account, high interest savings account or Visa Debit card.
- Safe custody service for storing important and irreplaceable documents. Many banks don't offer it at all mistakenly thinking that everything is online these days.
- Knowledgeable, diligent and polite staff. At least at the branches I use.
- Prompt actions when hackers tried to steal my money. All money returned within a few days and the compromised card replaced at no charge.
- All spam, special offers and nuisance calls ceased after I opted out.
- Internet banking works on older devices: the customers are not forced to update every time someone adds a useless special effect on the website.
- No demands to install apps.
- Money Tracker tool can be switched off if the customer doesn't want their transactions to be monitored and the data compiled into reports.
- No mistakes, so far.
- New ATMs allowing to deposit cash and cheques.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Never bank with this one, Worst bank out there

I have been with NAB for over 2 years, everything that needs to be done is very slow. You shall need to ask for a few times before an action is taken. Their rates are outrageous of them all. Unfortunately, I fixed my rate and cannot get out without paying almost 8k for breaking costs. Once I am out of that period, I know I am not looking back ever again.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

Poor Customer Service and no Care

8 Years been with NAB and when you request additional credit on your credit card to cover unexpected medical expenses they decline. But previously when offered and it was not needed it wasn't an issue
Had to wait 65 min on the phone to speak to a consultant

Never have defaulted on any payments, and had always paid my cards off in advance
Will be changing to another institution

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Unbelievable

I signed up to an account online but never received any communication. Called to make an inquiry and I spent 40 minutes on hold. That's all I need to know!

Review TypeNew Account

Worst bank for online statements

Every year we try and get statements for our investments. They charge us every month but online try and get your monthly transactions and it's like it never happened. Every year we have to call for a balance as they never send a yearly statement. It just doesn't make sense. Why have an online service that forces people to call you.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Best Australian Bank

Nab is not perfect, but is by far the least grridy out of all Australian banks. Not charging account fees is just an example. I've been a customer for the past 10 years.

Review TypeATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and New Account

Absolutely terrible bank, stole my money! I could not have dreamt up worse customer service. If you’re with NAB, switch.

I had a terrible experience with NAB staff at a Liverpool St. Sydney branch and an online Pay ID transaction. After processing a Pay ID transaction inside their actual branch, then talking to the tellers to confirm that a Pay ID transaction was not reservable, I completed a sale of an item at their branch.

The tellers refused to give a receipt and were rude during our time there. They acted like answering questions regarding NAB transactions was below their pay grade and had a dismissive attitude. Trusting that the NAB staff would never have given me the wrong information about money they are responsible in protecting was not even a question in my mind. I took a photo of the Pay ID transaction from the NAB customers phone and left, thinking all was as confirmed by NAB staff.

Several days later, after much back and forth with my bank, completely unhelpful NAB phone staff and the NAB customer the $9,000 had not hit my account. Long story short, NAB stole my money and then refused to communicate with me as I was not a NAB customer. It did not matter to them that I had a photo of the transaction, that it occurred at a NAB branch under their video and staff security. I emailed complaints and attached evidence for their fraud team and requested a call back or contact. Nothing. Not even a reply saying we will not be able to assist. Just silence.

My experience has left me stressed, distraught and with a complete dissolution with NAB bank.

I would never recommend anyone use NAB. There is zero care and they literally can take your money and get away with it.

Be very careful dealing with this bank

I have spent a very stressful week calling their 13 number repeatedly trying to fix NAB's massive mistake setting up my term deposit and then they couldn't work out where my funds had gone! No wonder this bank got such a roasting at the Royal Commission - good luck to the new CEO. I don't envy him at all.

Best customer service

best customer service, spoke with Jose Cruz about company account. thanks for the info provided to me and extra help. Have the best customers service in the industry.
thanks again for help

Account ripped off

Settled a mortgage and had the proceeds in a nab account awaiting new purchase. Was contacted by the bank to say that the account had been accessed 30 times. This person was courteous and assured me all would be well
They returned “most” of my money in a few weeks but not all. This is where it became interesting. Spoke to somebody obnoxious, guess this a tactic. Then someone nice called to offer settlement with agreement not to take matter further with bank. They didn’t credit any interest for the period and made me feel lucky to get anything back. Far cry from the first conversation. Never had a problem with internet banking before and the way Nab resolved the issue was disgusting really

Horrible customer service

Been banking with NAB for over 7 years
Went to apply for a loan
One of their staff members gave me false information which was a result to refusing my loan.
Now they’re trying to blame it on me despite the recording of the phone call.

2 weeks to get a personal loan

I have just changed my accounts over to NAB. What a bad experience I’m regretting my decision.
Went for the loan online.
Bank tried to call my partner at work so she rang back. Couldn’t get a hold of them after calling 19 times.
Finally got a hold of them, they said she had dual accounts and needed to go into bank to merge them. She closed this account 10 years ago.
They verified who she was. But didn’t do anything about it.
Rang the Branch and they said didn’t need to go in and she had to ring back up.
Finally got a hold of someone who said they would merge them.
Didn’t hear back from the bank for a week so I rang them.
We applied for a joint loan. Loan wasn’t in my name only my partners even though I applied for it with my ID.
At this stage 10 days had passed. Operater told me to reapply for the loan and start again. What a joke.
I went into branch and they got it moving. So after 11 days I finally had a application number I was given.
Rang the bank back up because I still had heard nothing after a couple more days finally was able to get someone to find out I needed to give them my bank account and pay etc. at no point I was asked for any of this the 12 days prior.
I expect this from a small bank but not from a top bank like nab.
Seriously thinking about pulling my accounts and home loan away. I would of got service better somewhere else and have been served better by other banks.
Seems like no one knows what they are doing and all their processes are two hard and none of the correct information comes through to their own staff let alone their customers
0/10 for this bank.