Nissan Micra

• Comfort
Foxie

Foxie

Fun to drive

This is a fun car to drive and cheap on petrol. I had an automatic, bought it second hand for in 2017. Luckily it was a bargain as one year and a half later the alternator failed and it cost me $800 to get it fixed! Car only had 65.000. Maybe I was just unlucky. My micra was black and paint was fading as well. Despite those negative aspects I did like the car. It was pretty reliable

Purchased in May 2017.

Comfort
Kylie

KylieHunter Region, NSW

Fuel efficient

I have a 2016 Nissan Micra, costs about $60 to fill and the tank lasts me 8 days driving to work 2 hrs per day. My previous car was costing me a lot more. I have never had an issue with this car and the purchase price was very reasonable.

Engine Size0
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Okay but interior quality and economy shortfalls

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Damo

DamoDoncaster

Perfect (almost)

My first car and still going strong after 5 years. Good handling and great manuevering esp. turning. For a small car, it is quite spacious.

Had 2 major problems so far. First was the wheel bearing broke off overnight while parked in the garage. Still under warranty, so got it fixed for free. Second problem was transmission problem. Whirring noise whenever speed increase, like a plane taking off. Also got it fixed during warranty period.

Bad thing is that the warranty is only 3 years from Nissan dealership, have to pay more for extended warranty.

Engine Size1.5L
Date PurchasedApr 2013
Tracy

TracyAlice Springs

Beep beep

This is a great little run about. So good on fuel.I fill up 1 time every 2weeks at the cost of $60-$70
I do heaps of driving to and from work, kids schools rugby training to only mention some.
Could be a little more roomy but all in all comfy enough.Nice boot size to hold all the goodies too.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Genie

GenieNORTHAM

Great economic little car

Very economical, reliable and easy to maintain. It works well for a single mom with one child. I have never had an issue with the car at all and I live in rural Australia.
I have ensured that the services are carried out each time and this has meant that the car has never had any issues.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
feihung122

feihung122Melbourne

Good cheap car!

I have owned a Nissan Micra since 2008 and have been nothing but impressed, I have never broken down or had a flat battery is the 10 years I have owned it. The cars turning circle is so great, it can literally turn around on itself. For the price of this car I am blown away

Date PurchasedJan 2008
Disey

DiseySouth Australia, 5155

The Magnificent Micra

Excellent turning circle, easy manual transmission, plenty of grunt from the 1.5Ltr engine.
Oodles of comfortable interior room, easy to get in & out - higher that other cars in this class.
Easy on petrol, servicing costs are low - only serviced once a year.
It's a treat to drive & hasn't missed a beat, is completely reliable to date.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Dodge

DodgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Go's good

Really liked a zippy earlier model when travelling in 1997. Bought a 2013 model and it never disappoints. I live in the mountains and it is actually quite high off the ground compared to other small cars. Really gutsy ( 1.5 L) up the mountain and find power is not an issue even with the air con on. Well priced on services. Back wiper really good on mountain weather. Cant fault it.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Nicole

NicoleMelbourne

Still very functional after 9 years

Small car with very valuable price and energy efficiency. Really saves money when you pay for the petrol. Very nice when driving around city as it's easy to park and crawl around the busy roads. Never had any issue after purchased. Off course you go to service every half year.

BadgeST-L Plus
Date PurchasedFeb 2009

Didn't let me down, ever!

It's a 1.2 engine so it is very cheap to run. I live in the city and it's very convenient to use especially when in need of parking. There's nothing to dislike about interior even the leg room. It looks small on the outisde but you'll be surprised on what can fit in inside. Chairs at the back are foldable which provides more room when you need it. ABS works wonders too especially on rainy days.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Liang

Liang

Excellent car.

The car's cylinder is only 1.2 liters, but it has enough power, the appearance is very beautiful, comfortable operation, the passenger seat has a humane design ideal for female to drive.. Because of the small cylinder it is fuel-efficient, as the second car for family is a very good choice.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
JEEPSTER

JEEPSTERBrisbane

Micra future Classic.

Yes the Nissan Micra K12 will be a future Classic in my opinion way better shape than K13'S.Black tints mags bigger tyres/wheels shape looks a real meanie.Let down is the 3 star rating the 1400cc engine reminds me of the old mini of the 1959 drivers car nippy gets the parking spots better than a Suzuki Swift etc.Tray under passenger seat space saver not happy mate spoils the car.Footnote if you can afford a bigger 5 star get one no matter how good a small car is it's still a small car.If you keep out of trouble the Nissan's last a long time.Ours is 10 yrs old still going strong serviced regular only had a batter

Date PurchasedJan 2010
Hannah

HannahMelbourne

Decent car, not perfect

We have the 1.4l Nissan Micra and it is - pretty - good but nothing special. The seats are not too comfortable and the interior is a little cheap feeling. That said we bought the cheapest car we could with the lowest kilometres. I love the up-to-date bluetooth stereo - no cords are necessary. Though this feature works much better with an iPhone compared to Android. The car is a little slow to respond when I put the foot on the accelerator but has enough power to make it up hills. The drive is pretty ok, and the turn circle is great, making it so easy to park in small spaces. It has everything we need for a city run around.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Tabytha W

Tabytha WAU

I love this car

Best car I have ever had. Reliable, gas saver, perfect. I feel very safe with my family in the car.
It is small but spacious. Love how it looks also. I recommend this car to everyone. If you are looking for a dependable, long lasting, gas saving car, this is it!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Brenda

BrendaCairns

Nissen Micra

Driving is smooth and gear change easy, leg room at rear is a little short, but let room in front is adequate, running costs are very reasonable, for town running, there is little or not noise, extreemly pleased with running. seating is comfortable air conditioner works fine and vents are easy to operate.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Nice little car

runs perfectly. easy to park at shopping centres or tight spaces. Some nice little luxury items as well like sensors and auto rear mirrors closing. Even though it's small, it still feels like there is plenty of space. it has a convenient hand rest on the left for the driver as well.

Date PurchasedSep 2010
JO C

JO C

Nice little car

I have my little Nissan micra for 5 years now. Still love it and enjoy every single time I drive it. Just so much saving on fuels and so easy to maintain. It was a great value too. With this size of the car... just super easy to park too. I do not have kids so it's just perfect space for myself.

Date PurchasedFeb 2011
liz

lizperth

Great little car but unsafe if crashed

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Review collected in partnership with Nissan

Sarah Smith

Sarah SmithMelbourne

Economical & reasonably priced

It is a cute small car good for first car buyers and 45-50 dolars will fill the tank app 480-500 km and is a reliable car the downsides of the car is its not made for speed so freeways can be tricky as the car starts to push itself at 100km also you cant push the seats too far back as its a small car and only the front seats are electric windows.

Date PurchasedJun 2012