Nissan X-Trail T31

Nissan X-Trail T31 (2008-2013)

See the Best Midsize / Medium SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Gentleman

GentlemanAU

Good and reliable

Purchased in September 2014.

Year2008

WayneMurray Mallee, SA

Lovely soft roader

Purchased in August 2019 for $5,000.00.

Tran

TranSydney

11l/100km city driving

My Nissan X-trial 2012 2wd and 2.0L The car has lot of space and perfect for camping and comfortable highway driving . However average fuel consumption around the city 11l/100km, That is a bit too high .

Purchased in July 2019.

DC88

DC88North Queensland, QLD

Still the best SUV for a family but still offroad

We have had 2 of these models. One was in an accident and was written off, but we knew exactly this was the type of vehicle we wanted. It still has a rugged-enough frame and engine to do some offroading, but economical and small enough to be in the city.

It's 4cyl engine doesn't let it be a towing vehicle for much, but it's still the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Purchased in March 2019 at Townsville 4wd Centre for $13,000.00.

Year2013

Paul C

Paul CMelbourne

lagging/dying?

I have a 2013 Nissan XTrail 4X4 Petrol with a dreadful lag/die/flat spot on take off. I try to accelerate to take off and it dies under me, sometimes for 2 to 5 seconds then picks up again - my trusty Nissan dealer says after many many visits - its normal - any ideas or shared experiences on this one?

BadgeTi
Date PurchasedAug 2013
Drive4WD

Hervey Bay Captiva 7

Hervey Bay Captiva 7Hervey Bay

Runs like a dream.

Bought a T31 nissan xtrail 2012 from a dealer in Tasmania. It had 70k on the clock. It was the rop model of that year, a TL auto diesel. Runs like a dream. Have put 12000 klms on it since purchase. No problems. Good on long hauls. Does as low as 7ltrs per 100klms after extended driving. Air con is icey cold. Some turbo lag initially at low speed. On highway overtaking is strong. Services at nissan are around $280 so far. Very pleased with this second hand car.

Purchased in October 2018 for $20.00.

Comfort

Practical, but a few quirks.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

160000 & no major problems!

I am retired, tow a small caravan. Have numerous trips from Qld to SA & in between. After a series of short runs the dpf partially blocked, cleared by my service person who advised using a dpf cleaner. Since I have been using a dpf cleaner, I have not had any further problems.

Date PurchasedFeb 2009
Mulloes

MulloesSydney, NSW

OK vehicle, but issues with Air con and sound system

Purchased in November 2013 for $26,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2013
D Ngu

D NguMelbourne

Affordable and reliable!

Had this car for about 5 years now, no issues with it at all except for the occasional tyre change. Runs on about 600km per tank. Very reliable and had no issues with it at all. Nice and has more legroom than the dualis I test drive a while back. Not as comfortable as the Nissan Murano, but for its price, definitely can’t complain. Plenty of space in the back to carry things around. Bluetooth compatibility so I can use my phone with it. Definitely would recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2012

Craig

Craig

Oldie but a goodie

My mechanic said only buy a Japanese SUV and it seems to have paid off. Whilst it's not new it still drives very well and is mechanically sound. I really can't fault it. We drove a territory and a captiva and they really didn't compare. Nissan customer service so far seems really good.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Tamara

TamaraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good, reliable but lacks power to get up hills.

No mechanical problems. Has been a very good, comfortable car. Easy to park. Heaps of space for a family of 4 and 2 dogs.

Only complaint is it lacks power up hills, however, I bought a standard. They all come with a sports power option, which helps, but I will make sure our next car has a bit more guts to tackle the hills.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Michael M

Michael MMELBOURNE

Very practical interior but rubbish to drive.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

Danny

DannyIpswich

No drive or gears

No gears or no drive and well not go in gear,it's the first time it has happened and also i can feel a rattle under neath when I accelerate , I have to let it seat for awhile to have the car move 2metres just rolling back so please if there any cheaper way on knowing how to fix it or repair thank you

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Annie K

Annie KBlue Mountains

Love it

Absolutely fantastic car, great to drive, we have owned it since 2012 and it hasn't missed a beat. We have had one service costing us more than $300 and thats a diesel car. Lots of boot room and good space in the front. Only problem is less room in the back seats for feet however with two young kids it works in our favour as we can reach them on long trips. Brilliant fuel consumption and its 4WD. Definitely recommend!

BadgeTi
Date PurchasedJan 2012
Fred

FredCanberra

Diesel and love it

Great SUV and tows our caravan well. Hot Summer day over Great Dividing Range almost 4ton all up no problem.
Be mindful factory speedo out by 8-10%. Real economy around town 7.5ltr per 100km, Hwy can get down to 6.3. Towing van 1.4ton 9 which I still think is remarkable. Diesel 6 spd manual. Avoid models with VIN indicating French Cion built, lots of failures. Look for oil on engine side of air filter and intake. Filter takes 5seconds to remove. buy a 2013 with over 100k and no visable issues. If you know your left from your right service yourself. Serpentine belt and tensioner will do 200k.
2008 with 180k no issues however will have to look at alternatives as new Xtrail has smaller donk and won't be up it. I'm thinking MUX

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Manoa

ManoaParramatta

Ideal Family Deal

Opted for My first Nissan X-trail, was actually looking for size & space. But got the whole deal - comfortable seats and a lot of room space for the legs. For a 2.2l I found this car very economical especially with long distance driving. I actually travel from NSW to Victoria and was seemly surprised at how cost effective this option proved for me. Apart from getting used to the foot handbrake - I find it is a great family car. I have had it for 4 months now and couldn't be any happier.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Mandy

MandyChurchill

Wish I'd bought something else.

A comfortable car to drive, however the air conditioner died at 50,000km and I was quoted $1750 to replace it. Nissan should have replaced it themselves but they said no. They also could not tell me what was wrong with it. The plastic panels on the interior of the car by the drivers left leg fell off when I was driving, it went under my feet. When it rains, rain bounces off the bonnet onto the windscreen as well as the normal rain pelting down, bad design. I will never buy Nissan again, cheaply made car.

BadgeST-L
Date PurchasedJun 2011

Jon W.

Jon W.Perth

Large boot, easily cleaned, easy to fix.

BadgeTL