• Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Alix

AlixPerth, WA

Get other quotes, they rip you off

I had a small window (7cm x 7cm x 1cm)smashed in, this wasn’t covered by my insurance so Obrien said they would send me a quote
While waiting, I contacted Toyota and asked how much the window itself would be, and they told me it was $160 and it was in stock
O’Brien then contacted me back, saying that it was a “Super rare” part (it’s not) and that because the car is an “import” (technically most cars in Australia are imports so poor excuse) the price would be $951

If the window is $160, where is the remaining $791 coming from?
Labour and travel? Yes I’d expect maybe $200-$300 extra for those

Not an extra $791

Rates and Fees

Really great service

I used my RAC insurance to help with repairing/ replacing my windscreen. Scott was great, professional and informative. And efficient as well. The call centre as well were throrough, professional and incredibly helpful. Thank you,

stephen13

stephen13Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Local Experts that Cant fit windscreens properly and damage vehicles!

Had a basic windscreen replacement to be done. The first attempt was way off and letting air in. Had to go to the factory so they could test it to confirm what I already knew. They then sent 2 guys out to try again. Same problem occurred just on the other side. Finally they send one more tech out. He did a great job of the windscreen in that he actually fit it correctly, however damaged the bonnet in the process. Have emailed them about it and nothing. All told this was 4-5 weeks of wasting my time. They milk the gravy train or insurance contracts, but if you believe their advertising that they have local EXPERTS not sure I would agree after this experience!

Car Service / Repair Centres

Find out how O'Brien Vehicle Glass compares to other Car Service / Repair Centres

ImranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Workmanship

Recently got two windscreens replaced and none were installed properly. Staff stepped on Side trims to gain access to top of windscreen. Opportunity was given second time to re-fit screen and to resolve issue but this time screen was installed further downwards. Windscreen was not seated to frame panels. A staff member had rude attitude which was unacceptable and there was not justification to it. Be careful guys when you deliver your vehicle on site then see the fitment by yourself...

Hi Nicole,
I have already sent you all the previous correspondence to above mentioned email on 21stMay2021 but yet have not heard back from your side. I hope you will be able to resolve issue asap.

Alan Cahill

Alan CahillMelbourne

Shop around for alternative quotes

Franchise UsedEpping 3076, Whittlesea, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
John

JohnSydney, NSW

Poor Workmanship

Franchise UsedMoorebank 2170, Liverpool, Sydney, NSW, AU
Rogerson 21

Rogerson 21Sydney, NSW

Call Around For Alternative Quotes - Scammers

Judging by my experience (and the experience of other reviews here) the entire OBrien sales teams tactic is to massively overquote and hope the average consumer doesn't do any further research. They will use whatever excuse matches your car ('too old', 'newer model', 'its european, the parts are rare') to tell you why it costs so much and attempt to justify....

Then when you call a local repairer you'll soon find out its often 50% cheaper =)

Practices like this is why salespeople have a bad name and damage the entire industry at whole. Queue the customer service/marketing rep below trying to explain away yet another example of exorbitant pricing, let me guess, it was another 'pricing error'

????

Franchise UsedWiley Park 2195, Canterbury, Sydney, NSW, AU

Really helpful, courteous and efficient service

I wanted to say a big thank you to Nicole who answered my call and was so friendly and helpful for my urgent call on Good Friday eve night and for Reece or Chris who came out to replace the driver side window in complete darkness at midnight. My partner and I are so grateful as our other car had broken down the day before and thanks to you both, we were able to still visit family (who are hours away) on Good Friday and the rest of Easter. Very much appreciated.
Colin
Job ref: J13285713

Franchise UsedGreensborough 3088, Banyule, Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC, AU

VickyNorthern Region, NSW

Disgusting and downright scary behaviour

I had a disgraceful experience yesterday at the Tamworth branch. When I arrived to collect my vehicle, with the job to be invoiced directly to my lease company, the "man" at reception repeatedly told me I was wrong, withheld my car keys, and told me he would call the Police if I tried to take my vehicle.
He was very quick to blame his colleagues for telling me the wrong information about paying for the job, stating he "couldn't do it" when I continually asked him about invoicing my lease company. He refused to check what he was doing however eventually he realised I was a different customer and gave me my keys.
Absolutely disgraceful and pretty scary behaviour from a supposedly trustworthy company.

Franchise UsedTamworth Regional, Northern Region, NSW, AU

MarkPerth, WA

Dishonest salesman

I rang windscreens O'brien a few days ago for a quote to replace my tailgate glass on my Falcon wagon.
I was firstly told as it was an older model car and that they are rare and it would be expensive.
The quote came back at $650 and I was told there was only one left in Perth and that I should book it in straight away.
I ended up having the job done for $280 through a smaller company who informed me that all 3 suppliers in Perth had the tailgate glass available.
I'll never use windscreens O'brien again after experiancing there dishonest and pushy sales approach!

Franchise UsedPerth, WA, AU
Donna R.

Donna R.North Queensland, QLD

Leaking Glass

back window leaked badly for months flooding my car and sending my seats mouldy as I keep them folded up , rang to have them shampoo it after they replaced it , still waiting for the manager to ring back 2 days later

Franchise UsedTownsville, North Queensland, QLD, AU

Customer service is shocking

Had the chip on my car fixed and given a lifetime warranty on it, the chip cracked even more in the week after being fixed. Called 3 times and left messages as phones were busy as the voice record said. No return call. Ended up paying someone else. Should of been a free replacement of windscreen

Franchise UsedPerth, Perth, WA, AU
O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Misogyny is alive and well at O'Brien

Was quoted $840 to have my Mitsubishi ASX windscreen replaced by a pushy salesman who used high pressure sales techniques to try and frighten me into an immediate purchase. "You must have been terrified when your windscreen cracked. They make such a loud noise, don't they. I bet your heart was racing."

When I said that i wasn't expecting such a high price, he put me on hold so he could 'talk to the local operator and try to get a better price'. Next minute, he quoted me $640.

Had my windscreen replaced through another company and only paid $495.

Tried to find an email for complaints but none listed on their website.

Franchise UsedRoxburgh Park 3064, Hume, Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC, AU
Gary

GarySouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammers - look elsewhere

called to get a quote for the ute - it started at $890. went to 790 after objecting to the price. Then to $750. But there was more to come, if you are still not happy they will call back ???????
Clearly trying to milk every cent!!!
I got the job done for $298 by NOVUS - same guarantee.

Franchise UsedOrmeau Hills 4208, Gold Coast, South East Queensland, QLD, AU

Advice from our 8 year old on our road trip to Queensland

We had our widescreen cracked on a road trip up to Queensland and son age 8 from the back seat yelled out we need to call "O O O"Brien's" they would be proud their slogan had made such an impact. Have no idea what other company does windscreens. So we called O'Brien's, great service.

Franchise UsedCarlton 3053, Melbourne, Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC, AU
O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Jan, that's awesome - thanks for sharing!! Hope you'll see us again in case you need another vehicle glass service. Regards, Dana

Barsha

Barshaasked

O'Brien Vehicle Glass

I have done my glass repair with Obrien at Gregory Hills on 06/08/2018.
Just one month before I could see cracks on that part. I went to the office and let them know about it. Staff who was very friendly said he is not from that center and will let the manager know about it. I was told that manager will call me in this regard. He kept a photocopy of the invoice. After waiting for long I called them back again.
When I initially called for repair the customer guy told me that its warranty for life time, he didn’t tell me that if it’s cheaper one then there is no warranty of the windscreen in total.
When I got call back from one of the lady she told me in a rude way that I need to pay $2000 plus for that windscreen. The sentence she said was “WE DID NOT BREAK YOUR WINDSCREEN AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OF THAT”. Is this the way you talk to your customer?
All customer service people should be trained in such a way that they deliver a correct information. Cheap marketing is not good for a company. I was in shock to hear that statement from that lady.
I want all of you to know that, you all need to find out initially what is covered and what not before handing out your vehicle to Obrien. To the company please do not do cheap marketing.
To the customers Please talk to your insurance provider they do give you free windscreen protection without any access for 1st time. Take that advantage rather than trusting Obrien.

O'Brien RepresentativeO'Brien

Hi Barsha, I'm very sorry to hear that this has been your experience with us - it certainly does not represent our usual high standard of customer service and communication. I would like to investigate your situation further, could you please email your job number and contact details to feedback@obrienglass.com.au? I will then raise with the Gregory Hills branch manager. Regards, Nicole

Get an answer from our members and O'Brien representatives

Other Car Service / Repair Centres