OFX Questions & Answers

37 questions from our users

Daniel E Conrad

Daniel E Conradasked

I have had a bad experience with OFX lately, When it all started everything was just great all my transfers went through without a problem until i tried checking up my OFX account online because i sent some funds to a family friend who was not around to check up to see weather the funds has reached his bank account so just when i decided to check my OFX account online i was asked to call them before i could gain access to my account which i did only for one of the workers there to talk to me like i was some criminal for using their service after using it for months with no problems until i got off the phone and sent them an email demanding and asking them about the last transfer i made and made it clear to them about sending my funds back to me if it hasn't gotten to the recipient that was when their manager sent me an email telling me the funds was sent back to them for no reason and i simply asked this guys to send back my funds to my bank account just the same way they debited it out of my account only for the manager to tell me to go to my bank and ask them to make a recall before i get my money , I went to the bank and my bank manager had no idea of what a recall is even though the OFX manager seems to be the only nice person at that department am starting to loose my patient all i want is my money back i have read a lot of cases like this why would you stress people before sending back their funds to them ? You guys better make a ACH wire transfer to my account of the exact funds you debited out of my account i am not interested in dealing with you again all i want is my funds or i will sue you , I made a that transfer on 11th July till now am unable to get my money back since the transfer to the recipient bank was not successful and you confirmed to me that you have my money with you please kindly send back my money into my bank account or i will sue your company i won't wait much longer again . I won't advice or recommend any one to use OFX when i believe there are better money transfer companies out there who would not keep their customers funds for any reason.

Sharman

Sharmanasked

Hi, my OFX account is in Australia but I am working in France now for a short time. I have just entered a new recipient to my account because I want to exchange some AU$ from my home bank in OZ into euros and deposit it to the new recipients account. However, the new addition is not showing up on my list of recipients so I cannot complete the transaction. My new recipient is a company in Germany from whom I am purchasing a car - if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Hi Sharman,

Would you be able to please send us an email at customer.service@ofx.com or give us a call at +44 207 614 4194, and we will have a look at your account? Alternatively, you could also send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter, and our customer service team will assist you with this query.

Best regards,

dcad

dcadasked

I would like to transfer money from Japan to Canada. Does OFX offer a Japanese domestic bank account, so that I can fund the transaction with a domestic transfer? Thanks.

Hi dcad,

OFX holds a bank account based in the Japanese Yen but it is not a domestic Japanese account. It is held offshore.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Greg K

Greg Kasked

How easy is it to send money to Philippines from Australia?
How many working days would it take to be deposited to a personal bank account?

Hi Greg

Thank you for reaching out. We can definitely help you transfer funds to a bank account in the Philippines. General turn around on funds is 3-5 business days as clearance times can vary from bank to bank.

Transferring is as easy as

Register. Fill in your details online – there’s no cost or obligation to make a transfer.

We’ll call you. After you register, an OFX team member will call you to complete the setup and answer any questions you have.

Verification. Most of the time we verify our customers automatically, so you won’t need to send us any paperwork. However, if we need any documents, we'll be in touch.

If you would like more information or to receive a live quote our team are available 24/7 on 1300 300 424.

Kind regards

The OFX Team

Tim Grice

Tim Griceasked

I need to transfer $118,000 US dollars for a car purchase to the US
What is the cost and what is the delay?

Ricardo

Ricardoasked

Hello. Can I send money from Ecuador (USD) to France (EUR)?

OFXOFX

Hi Ricardo, Thank you for the message. We are able to transfer between these currencies to a bank account in France. Kind regards, The OFX Team

fer

ferasked

OFX is a bank ?? is a correspondent bank of Ing Bank Australia limited ??

Max
Max

Not sure if they are. But they do a great job of currency exchange!

OFXOFX

Hi Fer, Thanks for reaching out. OFX is global money transfer specialist, and we help businesses and individuals to send money overseas in more than 55 currencies. Although we are not a bank, we are a bank-to-bank transfer service and have a network of 190 bank accounts all over the world. Kind regards, The OFX team

PM RENATA

PM RENATAasked

How easy is it to send money to New Zealand from Australia?
Since it’s only a 3 hour flight.

Hi Renata,

Thanks for reaching out! Transferring from Australia to New Zealand would normally take 1-2 business days from when we receive your funds.

Kind regards,

bricktop

bricktopasked

Hi every time I try and reset my password with the temporary password given by ofx it does not work. Any help?

OFXOFX

Hi bricktop, I'm sorry to hear that your having issues with your password. Could you please send an email to customer.service@ofx.com with your OFX username or give us a call on 1300 300 424? Our customer service team will sort this out for you. Best regards, Cecilia - OFX

P C

P Casked

Hi there, I want to transfer money from AU to Taiwan, is there any minimum value or things I need to be aware of?

Hi P C,

Thank you for your question! The minimum transfer value is A$250 and we have a flat fee of A$15 when you transfer less than A$10,000. Registering an account with us is free and once logged in you'll be able to see the exact customer rate you will be receiving, including any fees. You can register at ofx.com and if you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to call us on 1300 300 424 or send an email to customer.service@ofx.com.

Kind regards,

Michael

Michaelasked

An Oxforex phone operator says there is a problem with transferring money to Japan but your website says nothing about that please explain?

OFXOFX

Hi Michael, Thanks for your question! OFX offer JPY, however, we are unable to service customers who relocate to Singapore or Japan due to licensing restrictions. As OFX works within a highly-regulated industry, we must adhere to certain requirements set out by our regulators and we are unfortunately not able to service clients in Japan and Singapore. Kind regards, The OFX team

vijayakumar26

vijayakumar26asked

Hi,
I want to transfer money from Mexico to India. Please let me know if you have any service and also let me know if there is any fee.

OFXOFX

Hi! Unfortunately, we currently do not facilitate transfers from MXN to INR. Kind regards, The OFX team

belenpesantes

belenpesantesasked

Hi, do you do transfers to bank accounts in ECUADOR?

OFXOFX

Hello Belen, thanks for your question. Yes, we do facilitate transfers to Ecuador. You can register to use our service here: https://au.ofx.com/version3/registration#/personal/step1 Regards, the OFX Team

ajarnasked

Have had an account for about a year and no problems.

Today tried to transfer AUD to THB as usual. When I open my account it says my "preferred" currency is CAD. When I go to the drop-down to change this to AUD, Surprise. AUD is NOT an option
Any thoughts??
Tried calling their customer service number but after 15 mins on hold thought maybe it is a 'holiday' at OFX

OFXOFX

Hi Ajarn, sorry to hear about your difficulty with changing the currency. Would you mind sending us your email address/username to customerservice@ofx.com and we will contact you directly?

ajarn

Rest assured my problem was handled swiftly and competently by OFX

Restored my faith in the company.

Robert Shaw

Robert Shawasked

l send money to an orphanage every month from Australia to Indonesia. l have sent via Western Union but their transaction fees and exchange rates mean l loose over 10% in the transaction. WU also will not accept a transfer to an Indonesian bank so pick up cash has to be from WU office in Indonesia.
Will l have similar problems with Ozforex?

Avril
Avril

sorry I don't know - you will have to call them,

Petemac
Petemac

I assume Ozforex could do it but they have a flat $15 fee for transactions under $10000 so it might not be practical. However, I have seen mention of regular payments mentioned on their site so it might be worth phoning them.

OFXOFX

Hi Robert, thanks for getting in touch. We'd be happy to give you a call to explain how this works. If you could send your best contact details to marketing@ozforex.com.au we'll be in touch shortly. Best, Sasha.

Deborah Sakac

Deborah Sakacasked

I wish to transfer money from Australia to Europe from our own bank accounts. What is the current exchange rate and charges for 130k approx

missodi
missodi

Hey Deb, you can get the quotes online in their customer rates section. But best give them a call too. You may get better deal over the phone when sending such amount

Jarilyn Berry

Jarilyn Berryasked

I've been trying to get in contact to set up my account for transfer but I'm already in the U.S. and can't call the overseas numbers from my mobile. Is there anyway I can call a U.S. toll free or local number to get this sorted?

MariaT
MariaT

Sorry I don't work for these guys good luck in trying to help on the phone.BE PREPARED IT TAKES AGES.Try emailing them

Neil Davies
Neil Davies

Sorry wrong Forex link. This is the link you need. http://www.ozforex.com.au/

OFXOFX

Hi Jarilyn, thanks for getting in touch. You can call customer service on 1-888-288-7354. Hope this helps.

maara

maaraasked

if i want to transfer 320,000. fron nz to my account in australia how much au dollars will i receive?

OFXOFX

Hi Maara, it will vary depending on the current rate. We have a handy Currency Converter which will give you an indication here: http://www.ozforex.com.au/currency-converter When you're ready to transfer just give the team in NZ a call on 0800 161 868 (Free call) and they'll lock in the best rate and advise the process. Thanks, ^TN.

Ben1234!asked

I am wanting to transfer AUD to make a payment in Indian rupee to an Indian state owned bank. In the past, when using an Australian bank for the transaction the indian state bank had several issues processing the payment because they routed it through another branch. Has ozforex managed such payments to Indian state owned banks (rather than an international bank locate in India)?. Thanks

karenleo18

Nope India is not on the list of currency that OzForex have included in their list. Check with them I think but only Aus, Pounds, NZ and Canadian I think. Best to check.

K

Ben1234!

Thanks - I have confirmed with Ozforex that they do exchange Indian Rupee. It is more an issue of the recipient being an Indian state-owned bank.

keichann

keichannasked

Hi,
I am travelling to Japan soon and I would like to transfer the money over to my japanese account from australia. What kind of information do I need to provide for my japanese bank account, eg BSB, account number, swift code etc. Thanks.

Quinn Mathieson
Quinn Mathieson

No swift code but yes you will need the full bank account number in Japan - when you raise the order and list Japan as the receiving account it will come up with the correct number format for Japanese accounts.

If it helps my initial concerns were unwarranted. The transfer I made to NZ was smooth and considerably cheaper than using a bank!

When you initiate the contract you will receive a phone call from OzForex and can ask them any questions you have - the only complaint I would have is that the phone call is NOT in the 'few' minutes they indicate online - it is an hour or so later and likely to be when you are busy doing something else or no where near your desk or something!

karenleo18

I would email Ozforex and ask them to contact you by telephone. They will let you know exactly what you need to provide. I have had my account for a long time and had to provide more information a couple of years ago so am not current with exactly what you need to provide. Also I joined whilst in the UK. I have always found the staff accessible and extremely helpful.

OFXOFX

Hi there, it's best to email us on marketing@ozforex.com.au

Get an answer from our members and OFX representatives