Online Travel Insurance - Comprehensive Plan

Extremely easy to set up. Answer a few simple questions online. Very cost effective. Thankfully have not had to make a claim but would expect the claim process to be as trouble free as the set up process. Have used before and will use again.
Recommended.

Claim MadeNo
Wow, you've made our day with this great review! Thanks Kerry. Kind regards, Tegan

Easy and effective and good value

Happy with what we choose from the product. I have used at least 10 times in the past years. So far we always look for this travel insurance when we are going for a trip.

DestinationEast Asia (e.g. China, Japan, South Korea)
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Wanda! It's great to hear from a regular OTI customer. Regards, Tegan

So easy

Well I haven't had to claim yet as I haven't left the country yet BUT the purchasing of this policy was just so easy and excellent value for money. Hoping I don't have to claim but if I do lets hope that will be just as easy. By the reviews it will be. This is the 2nd time I have used this company and luckily I didn't have to claim then either. After trying over the last 3 days to purchase travel insurance with other companies and giving up with all the fiddly details, expensive policies and actually purchasing one and not getting a policy number even though my money had been taken out by Woolworths insurance and taking 2 days to organise to get my money back I am so glad I finally remembered this company again. I will lock it in my memory bank this time. Thank you Online Travel Insurance for making life easier.

Thanks Lynne!

Feel like secure with travel insurance

Feel like secure with travel insurance Good value, and easy to set up I did not any claim.2 times I insured with online travel insurance.I highly recommended to every body.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Matt! Regards, Anthony.

Great Value & Service

Second time with OTI (incl Adventure pack) as the best value & product covered our needs
Online system is easy to use. Policies are easy to understand and reference what is covered
First time we needed make a claim (damaged camera) online lodgement was easy. Had a reply same day & reimbursed within 3 days. Thanks OTI, happy customer

Insurance Cover For:Adult
DestinationNorth America (inc. Hawaii)
Type of ClaimOther
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Deb, Regards, Anthony.

Terrible experience

I have used Allianz/ Online Travel Insurance several times before, but never had to make a claim. This time I did. They showed their true colours.
My domestic plane to Melbourne was delayed, which means I missed my international flight. Policy claims they will pay for "Reasonable expenses" when a journey is delayed for 6-24 hours or more (the wording for this in their policy is extremely convoluted).
Uber into Melb and back ($90), hotel ($300) and meals ($100).
According to the policy, the costs of changing a ticket due o missed connection should be automatically reimbursed ($140). The carrier only has one flight per day, so 24 hours was my minimum delay.
Policy has a $200 excess. I submit all documents. I base my claim on missed connection, travel delay and that I had an event to go to (I submitted these docs as well).
Allianz reject the claim stating that "reasonable expenses for a 24 hour delay" IS actually $200 (in Melbourne?). They refuse to pay for the flight change as well. Allianz send me an email stating they have "trying" to get in touch with me. My phone works just fine.
I dispute their decision. Three weeks later I receive another email again stating they have "trying" to get in touch with me. Again, the phone works just fine and no missed calls or messages. Allianz ask me to call them back on a 1800 number. I tell Allianz I am now overseas and 1800 numbers do not work so kindly reply via email. Allianz do not respond...
Their insurance is misleading and the wording convoluted. The reason people take insurance is to cover their backs with unforeseen incidents. Allianz misleads customers; their product does not deliver what it promises to or what consumers have paid for. I will now take my case to Consumer Affairs.

Type of ClaimTravel Delays/Cancellations
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

Excellent experience

I’ve never had to make a claim before in my many years of travelling but this time I did. I was worried the process would be difficult and require much back and forth. However, what I experienced was an easy online process which concluded favourably within a few days. I will definitely be using these guys again next time I travel.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Pat, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated! Regards, Anthony.

Great value!!!

Very good value for money, compared to other travel insurance companies. I highly recommend Online Travel Insurance, and will definitely be going with them again.
Very happy with their service

Thanks Stephanie! Regards, Anthony

Breaking own policies!!!!

Thought when I lodged my claim it would be simple! Water damaged phone on holidays in Thailand. I provided all documentation and waited out my 10 business day outcome. I call at 1pm on the 10th business day to be told they havent looked at it yet but someone will get to you today before 8pm. Already disgusted i called at 645pm to see if I should start replacing my phone to hear a recording to call between business hours! I have not had a phone or been contactable by work friends or family for two weeks now!! This is unacceptable after purchasing comprehensive cover!!

Type of ClaimPersonal Liability
Hello Craig, I'll be in touch. Regards, Anthony.

I'm sorry. the customer service have no knowledge to help. they made me hold for several times.

did lodge a claim. but cannot claim anything. because it's not part of my product summary. n the lady took more than half an hour to explain me this. kept me holding again and again and asking me the same question

Claim DateAugust 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Hello Shani, I'll contact you with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Like your passport, this is a must have!

Travelling overseas is exciting and full of discovery, but it also could present incidents or situations which cannot be expected or planned - like lost luggage through to hospital treatment. I have always travelled with security of a policy that is jam packed full of cover, and OTI offer this selection with an easy purchase process. This is my 4th trip using OTI! Fortunately I have not needed to make a claim. OTI are my preferred provider for travel insurance!

DestinationEurope and Middle East
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review Wayne! Regards, Anthony.

Travel insurance claim

Yes good value.
Just hard to be 100% sure about the policy until you lodge a claim and you go through that process but all good from taking out the policy and cost and what is offers

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Darryl! Regards, Anthony.

Well-priced policy for peace of mind

This is the second time I have used Online Travel Insurance for a holiday. Happily, I had no need to make a claim, but knowing I had coverage while I was travelling Europe was a huge relief. I was impressed with the pricing for my cover and will definitely use them again when I next travel.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks Lauren! Regards, Anthony.

Fantastic - easy claim process

I took out comprehensive cover for myself, husband and toddler. When completing the medical section, my husband had a few conditions that wouldn't be covered, but we decided to proceed with it anyway as it was so cheap ($90) and seemed to cover quite a lot.
My toddler ended up getting sick, resulting in a hospital admission the night before our flights, so we had to cancel our trip.
I found the claims process very easy and straightforward, and it was approved within a couple of weeks. We received all our accommodation and flight expenses back, minus a $200 excess. I would definitely use Online Travel Insurance again.

Type of ClaimMedical
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Holly, sorry to hear about the trip but glad to hear we were able to help out. Regards, Anthony.

Easy purchase and great value for money

The Policy selection and purchasing process was so easy and the value and inclusions very comparable to other more well known insurers - will certainly use again for future travel needs.

Claim MadeNo
Thanks for the review! Regards, Anthony.

5 star reviews, 1 star reality

A large percentage of OTI 5 star reviews are people submitting reviews based on how easy it was to obtain a policy. It’s 2019, of course it’s easy to log onto a website and enter a few details.

You have to scroll through large amounts of useless uninformative reviews to find ones where claims were submitted. Well here is one.

I purchased a Comprehensive policy, believing it was exactly that, comprehensive. When you sign up to the policy you agree to have documents emailed to you AFTER paying for the policy.

Long story short, I had my hire car broken into overseas with my laptop and passport stolen. The only refund I receive from OTI was $3.79 for the cost of my Emergency passport less the $200 excess. They did not even refund the $293 it cost me to replace my passport in Australia.

If you scroll to page 32 of their policy there is a line about items not covered in vehicles.

It’s not the fact the items weren’t covered, it’s the fact they advertise the policy as comprehensive yet it doesn’t cover theft from a vehicle, which isn’t overtly advertised by OTI yet hidden on page 32 of a document.

Many many travellers will go between destinstions in a car and will have equipment in the car. Basically what OTI is saying with their policy is if you’re overseas and stop for lunch make sure you take all your equipment with you into the restaurant / shops because you won’t be covered if it’s stopen.

If the vehicle was unlocked on a Main Street you’d understand their policy, when it’s locked and secured inside a motel and the windows were smashed to get inside the car, different story.

Please make sure you all ready their large disclaimer document word for word. I can guarantee you that OTI is not the best travel insurance out there. Since being informed of their outcome on my claim I extensively reviewed their policy. Their coverage when you inspect the documents and break it all down is quite poor.

The whole process of putting in the claim and receiving information was long and drawn out and the staff members I spoke with lacked any form of empathy.

My first and last time using OTI or any Allianz affiliated insurances.

Type of ClaimLost/Stolen Property
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
Hi Brad - I'd like to run this through our complaints process - I'll be in touch with more details. Regards, Anthony.

Used it for second Time No stress , No Fuss just pay n go !

Full comprehensive cover for family , Price was reasonable, even cheaper than other online insurance companies. Piece of mind knowing its through a well known Australian Insurance company ... Second time using Online Travel Insurance .. Would recommend

DestinationAustralia
Claim MadeNo
Thanks for recommending us Josh. Regards, Anthony.

Very efficient

Wouldn't leave home without it! Good value, extensive coverage, choices for different levels of coverage. I traveled for 6 months.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Andy, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

Nasty surprise on exclusions

Being aware of the volcano risk on Bali I took care to select good delay coverage. I actually read the Product Description. But when I later saw a comment in the news, I phoned to check. I discovered that delay coverage for Bali was invalid due to it being a "known risk" and on the government web site.

I was surprised and disappointed to hear this. I don't recall seeing anything on the application form to warn about checking for temporary exclusions. Of course I knew about the risk on Bali - that's why i especially looked for delay cover. I think you should make a point of clearly flagging such exclusions when the customer tells you they want cover for a destination where they are in effect.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Jane, thanks for the feedback - I'll pass it on to our team to see how we can address this. Regards, Anthony.

Great, awesome service

First time using this service, fast, great value.
Easy Insurance company to deal with. Hassle free.
Will use this insurance again in the future

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi, thanks for letting us know. Cheers, Anthony.

See all Online Travel Insurance reviews