Optus Broadband NBN 25 (Speed Pack 2)

Optus Broadband NBN 25 (Speed Pack 2)

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

DDP

DDPGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Dont ever USE them

Connection TypeWireless

Eva M.

Eva M.

Non Existent Broadband And Nbn

We spent hours and hours on the phone trying to fix our broadband. Could never access our online account even after correcting my name spelling with them THREE TIMES. I couldn't use my Netflix and laptop at the same time. Had two service men come to fix to no avail. Changed to NBN cable and it got worse!! Couldn't even stream on our TV. The installation man trampled our garden and put his dirty tools on our bed. Sick of non existent internet we changed to TPG and haven't had any of these issues. OPTUS is terrible!!!!

Start DateJuly 2017
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Nothing but issues. Not getting speed we pay for, customer service is terrible with nothing but excuses and run arounds.

Connection not stable, not getting speed we pay for, call to resolve issues and get no help only excuses. Had nothing but issues for 3 years. Bad customer service. Do not recommend

Chirc

Chirc

Beware do not touch Optus.

The technician that came to connect to my PC had no Idea . Contacted Optus at least six times just not interested. The NBN is much slower than the old system. Beware I made a massive mistake going with Optus. Rating could not go any lower. You can see how much they care they don't even reply to the reviews.

Start DateJune 2019

Tania

TaniaSydney, NSW

Bad. Offered us free 6 month yet keep disconnected.the connection is no good

Bad internet service. It keep disconnected X(

And promise us to get 6 months free trial ... It keep asking money for it! Serious ly?!??

Please don't go with optus.... Nbn ... It's has many miscommunication in their department

Start DateJune 2019
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Paul

Paul

Shocking service

Don't try moving house with Optus, it's a nightmare. There was one problem after another when we tried to relocate our broadband service from our old house to our new house. The final straw was when they decided to change my name from Paul to Thank-you, told me there was a problem with my account and I would need to start the whole process over again. At that point we decided to close our account and we'll move to one of the smaller telco's that know how to provide good service. Will never use Optus again.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Total unsatisfied

Total unsatisfiedSydney Surrounds, NSW

Worst Service EVER !!!

I have had ongoing issues since we connected with Optus. Constant drop outs and speed is nowhere near what they promise. I have spent hours upon hours trying to sort issues out. Currently on hold re a bill (54 minutes so far) they charged me $119 for a " service upgrade "which is for a replacement modem they sent me trying to fix their issue of poor speeds. Seriously it is a joke, they keep telling me from their call Centre in the Phillipines someone will get back to me within 24 - 48hrs. I run a business from a home office and this is just a joke. Go with someone else don't believe a word they say.

Paul mann

Paul mannGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Zero star! Woefully pathetic service!

Zero communication, broken promises, wasted time, aweful service. cannot believe they exist. Avoid like the plague! I wasted so much time chasing my NBN order. If it wasn't for Aussie broadband who identified what the hold up was I'd still be waiting for Optus. Clear lack of training, disregard for customer service, woeful company! Cannot rate them low enough! Apparently 1 star is the lowest I can give :(

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)
Big W

Big WPerth, WA

Great now

The service was installed but occasionally I had bearable issues then deteriorated, after 3 calls which were escalated each time it was discovered the line needed to be upgraded as the telstra & NBN people left it in such a mess and said so each time they came out to check there mistakes. If it wasn't for Optus insisting they would not have found the main issue at the node, and now its great speed and no dropouts. Thanks Optus!

Adequate Speeds Yes
Charles

CharlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

More than a month since I contacted Optus and still no Internet

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Terrible Customrr Service

Put me on for hold for nearly 4hrs and was told my service would be working in the next 15-4hrs, it's the next day and internet is still off. I don't wanna call and me around for half a day for nothing anymore. I'm calling other internet providers. Optus is a useless company Australian Government should get rid of them.

Start DateSeptember 2016

UNHAPPY

UNHAPPYSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't sign up with Optus NBN

Constant drop outs, broken promises. There are better providers out there, yes the NBN is not the best but go with a provider that cares about customer service NOT OPTUS!

Start DateDecember 2018

Kerry J

Kerry JPerth, WA

terrible customer service

The NBN service offered by this company is poor. Speed promised 25 and I received between 5 and no more than 10. I spent nearly 3 months trying to get a service that didn't drop out. In that period I had 30 days with no service whatever. When you rang it took 30 to 45 mins on the phone and you always had to start from the beginning. I eventually had to go through the Ombudsman. When I finally cancelled I took the fetch box back to the Gateway store and was told by a sales person that I couldn't leaves it there. If I did he would put it outside the door so if it disappeared I would be charged. I was charged top dollar for an inferior product .

Start DateFebruary 2018