Optus Broadband NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3)

Optus Broadband NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3)

• Adequate Speeds Yes (33%) · No (67%)

parsons58

parsons58AU

Corona virus iiNet able to keep messaging alive - not Optus

Zearah McCracken

Zearah McCrackenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Consistent internet service

Had a couple of issues when NBN was first established, however after the first initial repair my internet has been running smoothly for months! With 3 family members under the same roof, the consistency of the internet is nothing short of exceptional.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Sam R.

Sam R.Southwest, VIC

Pretty good!

I initially went with the fastest package when nbn first came to my area but wasn’t impressed with speed, I dropped down to speed pack 3 and found no difference to the top speed package. I was later refunded the difference but only because the ACCC made them. Customer service is ok but getting through to them is terrible. I would only give Optus 1 star but because they’ve made a mistake calculating my bundle they get 3. I pay $80 for broadband nbn 50 along with my mobile plan which includes unlimited calls, txt and 80gb data bonus!

Start DateJanuary 2017
Internet Service Providers

Find out how Optus Broadband NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3) compares to other Internet Service Providers

montxsuz

montxsuzAU

Nothing to complain about here

Start DateJuly 2019
JOHNSKI

JOHNSKISydney, NSW

Worst customer service 0 stars

On the 15th Feb i rang Optus to make an appointment to have NBN installed at my place which was installed on 3rd March during that phone call I was told that my modem will be posted which I’ll receive prior to the installation date a few days before installation day I received a call from Optus which I mentioned I still haven’t received my modem they said it will come on installation day
Installation day has past and I still haven’t received my modem I continuously get phone calls saying tomorrow I will receive my modem
I have NBN connected but no modem
Optus wheres my modem?
3 weeks and Optus can’t deliver a modem
I wouldn't recommend Optus poor customer service

Haymo

Haymo

Worst customer service ever!!!

Rang Optus to connect at new property was told it will take 3-5 business days to connect and no technican is needed. day 7 comes and I realise nothings been done and no update, so I ring up Optus again get told it will take another week and it usually takes 10 business days. Waited another week and contacted them again I get told I now need a technician to come and it will take them 11 days to come out. fed up I totally lost it at them and all they can say is I’m sorry you feel this way. Worst customer service experience ever full of unkept promises from the very beginning avoid doing business with them at all cost!!!!

Gavie

GavieSydney, NSW

would give zero if I could

Start DateSeptember 2019
MAGGIE

MAGGIESouth East Queensland, QLD

Please do not connect with optus, useless

Most useless company and service I have ever received in my life. No English so dumb people when you call them, they are just reading scripts. Not keeping appointments and they say one thing to you but they don't do it. Not following up on their orders. Please do not connect with Optus, plenty others on market now, choose anyone else but them.

Start DateFebruary 2020

Horrible horrible customer service

I'm so angry right now with Optus. Their phone support of HORRENDOUS and they lie. Why do they promise things and not deliver. I'm suck of being transferred from the Phillipines and then India and no happiness.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Start DateJanuary 2000

skh94

skh94

Horrid

Had an absolute horrid experience with Optus. Wanted bill through email and it never came in and they would charge late fee it got fixed and person in store would tell them my email but for about 4 months it was a repeated thing so ended up having to get it sent it address. The speed was shocking and would drop put numerous times and never were offered anything for the fact of it dropping out so much. When contract ended I didn't know as they never told me they just left it until I had to enquire. Customer service was very rude. Never will go back with them

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Contract Type12-month contract
James

JamesPerth, WA

Absolute disaster so far ... and the service hasn’t even been connected yet

My service hasn’t been connected yet and I’m already so disappointed. First they incorrectly recorded my current address as my delivery address. Approaching 3 weeks, Optus can’t say when my modem will arrive and they are sending me messages saying they will start charging me!! I wonder how hopeless the actual nbn service will be (if I can ever get it connected).

Start DateFebruary 2020
Hugh Jazz

Hugh JazzWollongong

Amazing

Great service and friendly staff at Optus North Wollongong. I have been to other stores but this store had the friendliest staff and best solutions. Highly recommend! Will be going there for future services

Phillip L.

Phillip L.

Don't bother!

Recently swapped to Optus. Despite being assured by sales team that coverage in NE Tas was great, have experienced nothing but frustration, wifi constantly dropping out, having to re-sign in all the time. Rang tech support several times to complain about being lied to regarding service coverage, only to be told, oh sales team don't really know what coverage is like, so you should cancel. I am about to start my final year of Uni online, and I run a small business, so good coverage is paramount. Now I need to find a new service provider asap. Yes Optus?, more like No way, never ever use them!

Start DateJanuary 2020
Contract Type18-month contract
Data TypeCapped Data
Kings

KingsCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fantastic experience - cannot recommend Optus more highly A+ Thank you

Optus have done a great job for us..
Just had the very worst experience with INTERNODE waited 7 weeks and no internet due to Internode internal software issues............unbelievable experience!!!
Changed to Optus and we were up and running within 24 hours, the Modem arrived the next day and just plug and play, took 5 minutes to connect and run with 50 Down and 20 up as expected.
Just waiting for our refund from Internode......

Start DateJanuary 2020
happyrabbit

happyrabbit

Absolutely delighted with the on-line Services

Blicka

BlickaSydney, NSW

Great Speeds - Especially The Uploads As Well

Start DateFebruary 2019
Bea

BeaSydney, NSW

Ridiculous, disgraceful and ultimately embarrassing!

Absolute joke!!!!!

My internet has been dropping out constantly for over 2 months and Optus can't manage to rectify the issue.

They've failed to send a technician to me. Their customer service team is hopeless and rude. I was hung up on by their staff. And their technical team is even worse.

I spent over an hour on the phone, getting transferred from department to department until one of the staff members hung up on me saying, and I quote, "nothing can be done".

My experience with Optus has downright been the WORST experience I've ever had with a company. And I would recommend to everyone to steer clear!

Connection TypeWireless
Cruelty free

Cruelty freeMelbourne

Absolutely disgraceful and non existent service....

Phoned regarding service. Was kept on hold for over half an hour. From speaking to other people this is a regular occurrence. Even if their deals were the best, and I don't think they are, this service is not acceptable. Tried using the chat bot service form the website at other times.... no good either. I was transfered to several departments, spoke with several people and on hold for over 30 minutes.

Start DateJune 2019
Parves Sultan

Parves Sultan

Never buy Optus NBN or IINET NBN

Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
Nathan

Nathan

Decent speeds, bad customer service

Took 3 months to work after install but was nbns problem. A few issues early on but over all speed was good. Not many drop outs. Customer service sucks though

BobBasked

NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3)

Anyone out there with INDEPENDENT advice about 4G Home Broadband as compared with NBN?

BobBasked

NBN 50 (Speed Pack 3)

Is it not true to say that nearly all the terrible reviews about NBN are the fault of NBN Co., not so much of the Service Providers (in this case Optus) ? In reading most reviews, it seems that the rollout of the NBN is just another example of a Labor Government's disasters, such as the "pink batts" debacle and the enormously wasteful "Building Education Revolution" (BER).

annie
annie

The roll out of the NBN is a disaster because the Liberal government chose the cheapest option, not the best option which was to be implemented by the previous Labor government!

DIANNE S.
DIANNE S.

....yes. We can blame Uncle Tony for fibre to the node rather than fibre to the house! ....and as for the BER Bob, my school had 6 old demountable classrooms replaced by a state of the art air conditioned 2 story brick building. A lot of tradies, architects and landscapers were kept in full time employment thanks to that program!

BobB

One lucky school amongst the dozens of other unneeded, unnecessery; another ALP waste that could have been so much better utilised. Bit like the current State Lib waste on the CBDSW TRAMS. As for blaming Tony for the NBN, it was more to do with former Comms minister Conroy (ALP) who ignored the advice from Telstra boss Sol that the NBN would be obsolete before halfway done. How true!

Get an answer from our members and Optus representatives

Other Internet Service Providers